9. Not Yours To Have

"Shit Jungkook. You need to stop giving my tiny heart a huge attack. Why are you sitting in the dark?"

Time was close to midnight when the blond returned home after spending the night hanging out with his boss and new found friends from VANTE. He was keying himself in and immediately left shocked to his core when he spotted a figure sitting in dark at the living room.

"Jungkook? Are you alright?" Jimin switched the lights on and approached the raven head who continued to stay in his spot.

The older of the two dropped his coats over the couch and sat beside Jungkook who was looking down at nothing in particular as his fingers fidgeted with each other.

"Hey buddy, are you alright?"

The blond was taken back. Jimin doesn't know what is wrong but he can sense that Jungkook wasn't being his usual self nor does the raven head looks like he is fine. Before the blond could say another word, Jungkook lifted his head to display his puffy eyes and red button nose to Jimin.

"Bloody hell Jungkook! Have you been crying?"

"Hyung..."

Jimin's heart sunk. Jungkook has never practised the calling of Hyung with him since the day they met. Jungkook has been too westernized for his own good although the younger's Korean heritage is instilled deep with his frequent Korean conversation and partially mixed look.

Jungkook has only referred Jimin in honorific when he is upset or troubled. Over the years, Jimin has only come across twice the incident which troubled the raven head. One was when the younger lost his grandma and the second was when he was utterly drunk where he started crying about his past.

"Kooks... it's ok. What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?"

Jungkook shakes his head. Jimin furrowed his brows as he extended his right arm to take Jungkook by the shoulder, burying the raven head on his chest. "Alright, then make yourself comfortable coz Hyungie is here. I won't leave until you want me to."

Sometimes, all we need is a warm hug and a shoulder to lean on. No questions or answers are ever needed. Silence is the best medicine with time for someone hurting as we don't always need answers or solutions for every single thing.

"T-thanks." 

"Anytime Kook."

Hence, they stayed in that position for what seemed like an hour before Jimin caught the soft and shallow breathing from the younger. He gently lowered his head to inspect the male in his embrace when he noticed Jungkook was fast asleep with his mouth in a cute little pout.

"I don't know what's wrong Kooks, but I hope one day you can let me know and I can share your burden too." The blond pressed a soft kiss on the sleeping male's head as he gently lowered Jungkook to the couch and brought a pillow and blanket for the younger.

Jimin was quick to tuck Jungkook into a cacoon as he pressed another kiss on Jungkook's temple calling it a night. For the blond head, Jungkook is like a brother he didn't get to have. Someone who guided him in pursuing his passion. Although professionally Jimin is much junior to Jungkook, he didn't mind. The raven head has always ensured he appreciated Jimin's talents and inputs putting Jimin in the rightful limelight when it's needed.

.

"Jimin. Thanks for yesterday. I know it's a little-..."

"Jungkook, I don't need an explanation buddy. I told you before that you're like a brother to me. Anytime you need anything, I'm here yea?" Jimin tiptoed in his feet to ruffle the top of Jungkook's raven hair as the younger displayed his bunny-like grin.