22. Intruder In The Story

"Mr Kim, there is someone in the line for you."

Margaret walked in to inform the young tycoon that someone is on the line needing his attention immediately. Margaret is Seokjin's assistant who co-handles the office affairs in the absence of Seokjin.

"Can't you see that I'm in a meeting Margaret?" Taehyung rolled his eyes without turning his face towards the door. Taehyung was annoyed as he was interrupted in the middle of his pre-plan strategy in cracking Jungkook.

"Mr Kim, it's a very important call." Margaret emphasized her words at the end of her sentence to get Taehyung's immediate attention.

Taehyung stopped his thought for a second as turned his swivel chair facing the meeting room door. "Namjoon, chair the meeting forward. Don't wait for me." He took his leave without sparing anyone a single glance as Margaret followed his trail obediently.

"Okay...so Hoseok, please continue the presentation." Namjoon spoke breaking all their eye contacts from the silver head who exited the room without any instruction.

"Right, so as I was saying..." The boss of Gardler continued his speech while everyone else paid their attention to the copper head who easily took control of their minds following the sudden exit of the VANTE boss.

Jungkook, on the other hand, caught himself looking over at the door multiple times as he was marginally confused on who Taehyung is paying so much importance to walk out in a middle of the meeting when the lady emphasized the importance of the call.

Tsk. Asshole. Always doing as he pleases. The raven head forced his eyes to focus on Hoseok while his mind continued to divert it's attention back to the silver head and what transpired between them alone in the meeting room.

.

"Jungkook, are you not gonna follow us?" Jimin asked the younger when he notice Jungkook was ready to separate their ways after a long day of meeting at VANTE HQ.

To say the least, Taehyung did not show up after he exited and it was certainly unexpected for Jungkook but perfectly predicted by Namjoon and Seokjin. To an extent, Yoongi even took back his earlier praises on the young tycoon and cursed on Taehyung's irresponsible behaviour in engaging with their partners.

"Oh come on Kooks. You always ditch me when it comes to happy hour!"

Jungkook looked at the whining male and rolled his eyes. Surely, Jimin can win all sorts of Oscar awards if the blond ever sets his dream to conquer the silver screen. "No Jimin, I got some work to complete for Seoul HQ."

"God damn it Jungkook, you work more than the boss himself." Jimin pointed at Hoseok who raised his left brow in agreement to the blond male.

"You need to wind down Jungkook. You did 2 weeks of jobs in advance. I don't see why you're so worked up and doesn't want to join the team for the dinner."

Across the days since Gardler and Vante joined in hands for the expansion project, the top management and stakeholders became quite fond of one another as well. Perhaps thanks to Seokjin's utter habit of being the oldest and most mature among the bunch, he always initiates friendly hangouts to bring their teams closer.

"That's right Jungkook. I know Jimin more than I know you. Since you're so dear to Hobi, I'm sure we both can be great friends too or frenemies. Whichever you prefer."

Seokjin joined in the boat to convince the younger to consider a night of dinner with them.

Jungkook gave his best sincere smile to the older. He personally really liked Jin and the rest of them which includes Namjoon and Yoongi too. Although Yoongi has never struck a direct conversation with the raven head, he knows that Yoongi is someone he can't mess with. Plus, Jungkook certainly would give the other some brownie points for making Taehyung shit in his pants with his threats.