3:EIGHTEEN

EIGHTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

“Is this really necessary,” Aura questioned as they marched towards the others, her words muffled due to the gag restricting her speech. 

Jasper scrambled to his feet in worry as his eyes fell on her, but the several weapons that were pointed at him caused him to freeze in his tracks, his eyes wide. She grunted as the man forced her to kneel, her knees painfully colliding with the rocky floor.

“No. No, it’s okay!” Octavia exclaimed with her arms raised, motioning for everyone to stay calm.

Who are you? Why did you signal?” one of them questioned intimidatingly. 

I am Octavia of Skaikru, and I seek safe passage.”

“Skaikru,” the man scoffed, “Bringers of death. Why should we give you safe passage.”

“Lincoln.” The grounders stared at each other with looks of realisation upon hearing the familiar name. “He sent us.”

Remove their gags and free their hands,” he ordered.

“What’s going on?” Bellamy whispered, to which Aurelia shrugged.

“I don’t know,” Octavia muttered under her breath. They all watched as the grounder pulled out several vials from a leather pouch, and handed them towards Octavia and Aurelia first. 

“What is that?” Clarke questioned, eyeing the vial. 

“Safe passage,” the man responded as he handed out more vials. 

“What does it do?” 

“Octavia wait!” Bellamy exclaimed, and Aurelia turned to watch the girl down the contents completely. 

“I trust Lincoln,” she responded with a shrug. 

“If only she drinks, only she goes,” the grounder warned. Aura and Jasper gave each other a small nod before clinking their vials together. 

“See you on the other side,” Jasper said before the two downed their vials in unison. 

After a few moments, Octavia collapsed to the floor, causing her brother to move forward in alarm only to be blocked by two men.