3:THIRTEEN

I hated writing this chapter, so I'm just uploading straight from the drafts without editing it.

THIRTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

“Do you think he’ll listen?” Aurelia looked up at Kane from where she was sitting on the floor, temporarily pausing from reading her book. She shrugged slightly as her eyes met his.

“I hope he does. But honestly? I’m not sure he will.” Kane sighed softly as his eyes darted around the garage. 

Aurelia’s eyes moved towards the door as Bellamy walked through, causing their eyes to temporarily lock before Aura broke contact. 

“Are you still not talking to me?” The boy questioned as he walked over, watching as Aura moved her gaze back towards her book.

“Are you here to tell us that you’re a dummy and that you’re wrong?” She questioned, slowly flicking through the pages.

“No.”

“Well there’s your answer.” Bellamy sighed before turning towards Kane. 

“Wasn’t much of a plan, sabotaging the rover. Keeping an eye on Sinclair was an easy call.”

“Was it?” the older man questioned. “Spying on your friend, that was easy?”

Aura looked up, watching as the two men stared at each other intently.  “People in camp were losing focus,” Bellamy defended. “There’s a threat outside these walls-”

“That’s where you’re wrong Bellamy,” Aura stated as he turned towards her. “The threat is inside the walls.”

“Pike is the one turning us against each other.” Kane continued.

“He’s the chancellor. Have you forgotten that?” 

“Here we go again,” Aura muttered as she stood up. She forcefully knocked her shoulder into Bellamy’s as she walked past him and out of the hall.

 She’s had enough of the Pike propaganda for the week.

☽︎☽︎☽︎

The blaring sound of an alarm jerked Aurelia from her sleep, almost sending her flying off the leather sofa she was lying on. As she sat up with a yawn, she felt something slide off her legs and onto the floor. She reached down and picked up the article of clothing, realising it was Bellamy’s guard jacket that he must have covered her with while she slept. “Dumbass,” she muttered as she slid her arms through the sleeves and shrugged it on.