4: NINETEEN

▪︎

▪︎

The atmosphere was tense in the room, particularly for the three citizens of Skaikru who had been deemed expendable.

Upon the announcement of Octavia’s victory in the conclave, some people had rushed to where the entrance of the bunker was hidden, only to find out that it  was already sealed with no signs of being opened up anytime soon.

“This is Octavia, can anyone hear me?” the new commander desperately spoke into the radio for the hundredth time. “Can anyone hear me, damn it!”

Aurelia sighed from where she was sitting down against the wall, her arms hugging her legs close to her chest. She was less worried about being locked out, and more worried about the status of her boyfriend who she hadn’t heard from since the middle of the conclave.

 “O, it’s me. You okay?”

Aura’s head whipped up, her eyes widening as she scrambled to her feet to move closer to Octavia.

“I’m alive. I won. Bell, what the hell did you do?”

 “It wasn’t me, but I'll fix it. Is Aurelia there?”

“I’m here, Bell,” the girl replied with a small smile.

“We don’t have much time,” Indra interrupted, her head moving to peer out of the doorway before turning to face Octavia again.

“Listen to me,” the younger Blake started, ”when I won, I decided to share the bunker with everyone. A hundred from each clan. Kane is out there buying us time, helping them select their people, and Gaia somehow convinced the scouts to lock down the temple.”  Octavia paused for a moment. “If anybody finds out that Skaikru stole the bunker, we’re all dead.”

“Copy that. I’m on my way.” 

Octavia let out a sigh of relief.

The radio crackled again, just a few moments later.  “O, I’m gonna need some time.”

“Wait, what?” the girl exclaimed as she straightened up again. “Bellamy, we don’t have time. Bellamy?”

Aurelia let out a sigh of annoyance. “This sounds like the work of Jaha. Or Clarke. Actually, you know what? Both. it was definitely both.” 

The younger girl aggressively kicked a rock that was laying on the floor, the frustration clear on her face. “You promised you were gonna punch Jaha one day, now is your chance. Assuming we get into the bunker at least.”