1:NINE

Sacrifice
NINE

▪︎

▪︎

"Bring out the girl Bellamy!"

Bellamy was crouched in front of Charlotte, grasping onto her hands. "Why, Charlotte?" he asks her softly, trying to understand what had happened.

Her eyes are downcast, unable to meet his gaze. "I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me to."

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke demands, looking between the two of them.

Bellamy sighs, ignoring Clarke's question. "Charlotte that's not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy demands again, seconds away from storming the tent himself.

Charlotte starts sobbing, frantically grabbing onto Bellamy. "Please don't let them hurt me."

"If any of you have any bright ideas, speak up! Now you're quiet!" Bellamy yells at the group, particularly at Clarke. He gets up and starts pacing, trying to think of a way to save the little girl. Aurelia, who was stood towards the edge of the tent, moves towards the exit, hoping to buy some more time. Outside the tent she's met with a raging Murphy, surrounded by a mob of people rallying behind him.

"What's this then? Come out to try and negotiate with me?" Murphy snarls at the girl, clearly not in the mood to deal with her. "Get out the way McKinley, before I hurt you for real this time."

Aurelia simply smirks at the boy. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, and if my memory serves correctly, I kicked your ass the last time." She felt a movement behind her, and turned to see that Bellamy had left the tent and was moving towards her.

"Well well well, look who else has decided to join us."

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy warned, trying to calm down the situation.

"Or what?" Murphy counters. "What will you do? Hang me?" Bellamy stiffened, clearly regretting the whole ordeal.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." he defends.

Murphy nods. "Yeah, yeah ok," He turns around to face the group and raises his hands. "So who here wants to see a real murderer strung up? All in favour?" He's met with complete silence, and only a couple of raised hands. Murphy drops his hand and scoffs. "I see. So it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk."

Aura spoke up. "What they did to you was wrong Murphy, I'll admit that. But we are not going to justify murder for murder, especially when a little girl is concerned. We will find a suitable punishment which doesn't require a death sentence."