4:THREE

THREE

▪︎

▪︎

The air bustled with chatter as everyone waited for Roan to take the stage, the crowd excited by the prospect of a live execution right before them.

"Are you sure he wasn't just bluffing?" Aurelia questioned with a low voice as she turned towards Clarke. 

"He's not," the blonde girl responded, her eyes staring straight ahead. “Roan is a man of his word.”

"Alright then," Aura mumbled to herself as she turned back towards the front, and saw Roan making his way onto the elevated platform. The crowd cheered as he revealed himself, only silencing when he raised his right hand to bring order.

"I know you've all come here for an execution," he began as he looked over the crowd. "But no one else will die here today. The City of Light has fallen.. and there is no Commander left to rule us. Until another nightblood ascends, I, King Roan of Azgeda, eldest son of Nia, grandson of Theo, am Caretaker of the Throne, and Keeper of the Flame."

"You're a king, not a priest!" A voice exclaimed from the crowd. Aurelia tried to locate the source of the disruption, but unfortunately, everyone around her towered over her. "This is blasphemy!" 

"Not blasphemy. Order! Until another ascends, Azgeda honours and will defend the Coalition of the last true Commander, Lexa kom Trikru, including the thirteenth clan." The crowd began to murmur in disbelief upon processing Roan's words. “Let it be known that an attack against Skaikru is an attack against us all.”

☽︎☽︎☽︎

Aurelia let out a snort as she watched Echo stride towards them, a grim expression on the Azgeda warrior’s face.

“From your King,” she sarcastically stated as she stood in front of Aurelia and Bellamy, holding out a bundle of cloth towards them. She pulled the cloth back to reveal a large token, with both the Ice Nation and Skaikru symbols imprinted on each side. “With this, you’ll be safe in any of our lands.” As Bellamy reached out to grab the token, Echo pulled it back slightly. “You think we’ll ever be able to trust each other again?”

“Ice Nation? Maybe.” Aura spoke up as she eyed the girl. “You? Absolutely not.”

Bellamy reached out again and grabbed the token from Echo’s grip, a small smile playing on his lips. “Yeah, I doubt it.”

“Welcome back to the Coalition,” the girl stated in a monotonous tone, a fake smile plastered on her face.

Aurelia frowned slightly and tapped her ear slightly. “I’m sorry, what was that? I didn’t quite catch what you said.” She let out a laugh as Echo dropped the smile and began to walk away, feeling satisfied knowing she had succeeded in getting on her nerves.