1:FOUR

(Not edited yet)
The Rescue
FOUR

▪︎

▪︎

"Hey wait up!" Bellamy shouted running towards Clarke and co. waving his gun around like it wasn't a death contraption. "What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart."

"Jasper screamed when they moved him." Clarke tried to reason. "If the spear did pierce his heart, he would have died instantly."

"Okay we can go, as soon as you take the wristband off." Bellamy grabs Clarke's right wrist rather forcefully, which only made her angrier. She snatched her wrist out his hold and glared at him.

"The only way the Ark will think I'm dead, is if I'm dead. Got it?" Clarke may not look the most intimidating, but she knew how to put people in their place.

"I don't know about you guys, but we should probably stop standing around like lost sheep and get a move on." Aura spoke up. "The longer we wait the less likely it is that he'll be alive if we find him."

"When we find him." Clarke corrected. "We will find him." Aura saw movement in her peripheral vision, and saw Fiinn weave through the trees and walking towards them.

"You call this a rescue party?" He asked sarcastically. "We've got to split up and cover more ground. Clarke you're with me." he instructs and she follows him. Aurelia groaned when she realised she's stuck with Bellamy, Murphy, and even worse, Wells. She picked up her pace, hoping to stay several steps in front of them seeing as she'll probably punch Wells given the chance. He hasn't done anything to personally upset the girl, but everytime she looks at him, she sees his father, a murderer who killed her father and indirectly killed her mother.

They all walked in total silence for about 10 minutes before they came across a river, but what was more surprising was seeing Finn and Clarke already knee deep in the water and splashing each other. Aura gasped when she felt cold water hit her skin. When she looked to find the culprit, she found Bellamy laughing. "Come on McKinley, join us." He splashes her again. "I'll keep doing it until you get in" Aurelia shrieks again and surrenders.

"Fine fine let me just take my shoes off." She hurriedly takes off her shoes, and gets into the water, determined to dunk the older Blake sibling in the water as revenge. For a second, she admires the boy. He's attractive, she can't deny it, but she shakes that thought from her head. There's no way anything would happen between the two. She waited until he was facing away from her, and jumped on him attempting to dunk him underwater. Key word: attempted. Unfortunately he's much stronger than her, and his reflexes meant he grabbed her round the waist and shoved her underwater instead, causing her to scream loudly.

She resurfaced spluttering, and caught him smirking at her. "Nice try Bambi." he said, helping her to stand up.

"Bambi?" she questioned.

"Yeah, McKinley was getting boring." He answered with a small smile.

Aura raised her eyebrows. "You could call me by my actual name you know?"

"Where's the fun in that?" he shrugged. They both climbed back onto the river back where Wells and Murphy were sat, when they heard Clarke call out from further down the riverbank.

"We think we've found something." Clarke was holding Jasper's goggles, and Finn was examining blood on a couple of the rocks. Aurelia grimaced, knowing the blood was most likely Jasper's.

☽︎☽︎☽︎

They had been walking for what felt like hours when they all heard a low moan. The group stared at each other wide eyed and picked up their pace, eventually reaching the outskirts of a clearing, where Jasper was strung up. Before anyone could stop her, Clarke made a run for him without thinking. Before she was able to reach him, she shrieked and fell into a trap. She managed to cling onto the edge for a few seconds, and when her fingers started to slip, another hand latched onto her wrist. If it wasn't for Bellamy, Clarke may as well be dead, mangled at the bottom of the pit.

For a moment, Bellamy looked like he wanted to let go of her there and then. Aurelia dropped down on her stomach and held onto Clarke's other wrist, frantically trying to pull her up with what little strength she had. "What the hell Bellamy? Do you need an invitation? Pull her up!" This seemed to snap him out his trance, and they both managed to pull the poor girl up. Aurelia stared down at the menacing spikes at the bottom of the pit and shuddered. "They really wanted us dead huh?" she was clearly rattled, but tried to play it off so she could calm down her rapidly beating heart.

Whilst Aura and Bellamy were busy helping Clarke, Finn and Murphy had begun to cut the vines which were holding up Jasper. They were still cutting through the vines when Aurelia heard a rustle. The first time she heard it, she ignored it, thinking it was the wind, but when it happened again she started to get anxious. "Um, Bellamy?" The boy looked at her in confusion. "Now would be a good time to get out your gun." Before he could ask why, a growl was heard and he widened his eyes. He frantically patted down to find the gun but came up empty.

The source of the growl was revealed, when a black panther started to stalk towards them, particularly towards Aura. She tried to move slowly, but her eyes were frantically looking around. "Guys what do I do?" she whispered in pure panic, but no one even knew what to say.

Out of nowhere, two gunshots were heard which scared the panther into running away, but before Aura could find the source of the gunshots, she registered a searing pain in her right arm, causing her to let out a scream of pain and drop to her knees. Bellamy was instantly by her side ripping off the hem of his shirt and frantically trying to wrap it around her, but then let Clarke tend to the wound seeing as she had more medical experience. Wells ran over and dropped the gun next to her, all while stuttering and apologising over and over again.

Aura looked over at Wells. "I know I'm not your biggest fan Wells.." she clenched her teeth as Clarke pulled tighter on the makeshift bandages. "..but you didn't have to try and kill me." She may be trying to joke around to ease the tension, but in reality she was trying to ignore the pain in her arm. The wound wasn't too serious, the bullet had merely clipped her arm, but the minor blood loss caused her to be slightly dizzy. Clarke left to go focus on Jasper's more serious wound whilst Aurelia stayed sat on the floor, hoping to feel better before their trek back.

Finn widened his eyes as he noticed the panther was back and ready to pounce on Bellamy. However, before he could warn him, another shot rang out and the creature dropped dead. Bellamy was stunned to say the least and stared at the animal.

"Did I get it?" a voice asked weakly. Everyone turned their head to find the source, and found Aurelia half sprawled across the floor and clutching the gun. Before anyone could answer her, she passed out, gladly welcoming the darkness.

▪︎☆▪︎

The night after I wrote the panther scene I had a dream that a tiger was walking towards me slowly

The night after I wrote the panther scene I had a dream that a tiger was walking towards me slowly. It was terrifying. Poor Aurelia.

A x