2:ELEVEN

Passivation Successful
ELEVEN

▪︎

▪︎

"Hydrochloric acid. Sulphuric Acid. Um, Perchloric acid," rambles Wick, as he writes everything down on the board.

Raven gives him a fed up look. "Now you're just naming all the acids that you know." 

"Well, temperature would be an issue. Hey, it could be Nitric acid." 

"Nothing exploded," cut off Raven, not even trying to entertain his theories. 

"Fine," he exclaimed dramatically. "Ruin my fun."

"This isn't helping. Like I said, we should just disable the machine itself." 

"Any machine like this has to have safeguards." states Wick, leaning against the wall in thought. "They can't keep a boatload of acid around without a way to neutralise it."

"That's the thing." Aura says, rubbing her forehead to alleviate a growing headache, probably due to not having a proper nights sleep in days. "You underestimate the level of crazy in that mountain." 

"Nahh, it's basic safety protocol. Let's just use that."

Raven sighs. "Neutralisation is too complicated."

"Please!" Wick exclaims again, almost offended by the words that came out of Raven's mouth. "It's a bag of limestones in the corner."

"Here we go again." Raven mutters. "Big ideas with no follow through." 

"I'll have you know. I have great follow through." 

"Gross, Wick." Aura grimaced. 

"Come in Raven. I made it in. I hope you have a plan." Raven sighs, knowing damn well there was no plan. 

"We're still working on it. Give us something to go on." Whilst Raven inched closer towards Wick with the radio, Aura casually leaned against the wall, one hand nervously playing with the necklace she was still wearing.

"I see a huge steel vat. Uh, looks like a submarine. Some other tanks with chemical formulas and warning labels. Um, a bunch of pipes along the wall? A monitor-" 

"Oo go to the monitor," piped up Wick as he moved closer to Raven, causing her to stare at him weirdly for intruding her personal space.