2:THIRTEEN

Happy Reunions and Tragic Losses
THIRTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

Surveillance Room

"Where's he going?" Bellamy questions, watching as Cage strolled out of the dining room and down the corridor.

"The dorm.." Clarke trailed off, knowing something bad was about to happen. "Monty? Can you do it? Can you irradiate the mountain?" 

"I can do it." He responds, frantically tapping away at the keyboard.

"Wait a second. Clarke." Bellamy starts, giving her an unsure look. "We need to think about this. There are kids in there. People who helped us."

"Please give me a better idea." She begs, but he was unable to. He had no idea what to do. A commotion on the screen attracts their attention, as Clarke stared in horror. "What have I done.." she whispers, watching as they dragged her struggling mother onto the table. 

"If we do this there's no going back!" Bellamy warns, but Clarke pays no mind, more concerned by the events unfolding onscreen.

"Figure it out." she orders Monty, who nods softly. 

A banging on the door startled them, as Bellamy quickly raised his gun towards it. "It's Emerson, he's here."

"Oh no, they have Jasper."  Monty states in alarm, watching as his best friend gets dragged into the room. "Wait, why is Cage talking to Aurelia." 

Bellamy snaps his head towards the screen, and his heart sank as a guard approached the girl. For a moment she seemed to put up a fight, but that only resulted in her getting tasered. "No.. no Aurelia." He whispers in a panic, this hurting a lot more than when Raven or Abby had been targeted. 

"It's done." Clarke walks over to the boy as Monty points toward the lever. "All you have to do is pull this."

Clarke looks over at Bellamy, who is still staring in fear at the screen, his hands trembling as he watches Aurelia sob and thrash around in the guards' arms. "Do you still wanna hold back?" Clarke asks. 

Bellamy looks back at her, torn by this nearly impossible decision. He selfishly wanted to pull the lever to save Aurelia, but the thought of killing all the innocent families was pulling him back. His eyes started to well up with tears, knowing the outcome will haunt him one way or the other. His gaze fell to another screen, where Octavia was being forced down to her knees.