1:SIXTEEN

Unity Day
SIXTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day." Thelonius Jaha spoke through the screen, which crackled and glitched due to the unsteady connection to the Ark. "Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so aboard her. Next year, on the ground." A series of whoops and hollers sounded in the background of the Ark, but the delinquents on the grounds weren't so impressed. Who can blame them Aurelia thought to herself. His voice is irritating.

"Can he be any more annoying? " Aura asked, looking over at Miller and Raven. "He sent us hurtling to earth in a hundred year old death trap, not knowing if we'll survive, and he's acting like he single handedly saved the human race. I'm gonna punch him one day. I promise you that."

"Whoo! Yeah!" Jasper yelled out, emerging from his shared tent with Monty, clutching a cup and small metal barrel. "Monty strikes again!" Call this batch Unity Juice!" He shoved the cup into Aura's hand and filled it with the mysterious liquid, then quickly moved around the group to share the concoction with everyone else.

"Well then." Aurelia awkwardly clinked her cup with Miller's. "Cheers." She downed the liquid in one go, coughing as the liquid travelled down her throat leaving a burning sensation behind. Raven let out a laugh when she saw the expression on Aura's face.

"Never had alcohol before?"

Aura shook her head. "Nope. I was locked up at thirteen." She started walking after the Jordan boy, waving her cup in the air. "I'm gonna get a refill."

☽︎☽︎☽︎

Several refills later, Aurelia was completely out of it. She was on the ramp of the dropship, dancing and obnoxiously singing to the music playing through the radio connected to the Ark. She grabbed Jasper's hands, encouraging him to dance with her. Jasper, who was a lot more sober than she was, let out a laugh and indulged her, occasionally twirling her causing her to giggle and throw her head back in laughter. She was more stumbling than dancing, but she was having the time of her life. She hasn't had this much fun since a time before she got locked up.

Bellamy was standing by the walls of the camp, watching the girl with a smile. Clarke walked over and stood next to him, looking over the camp. "Do you think it's wise to be having a party right now? The grounder is still out there."

"Grounders." He corrected, pulling his eyes away from the McKinley girl and meeting Clarke's look of concern. "He would have reached his home by now. He's probably put together a lynch mob." Clarke sighed, looking back at the party. "Hey why don't you get a drink? Or a couple of drinks. You deserve it." She nodded at him with a smile and started walking away.

"You deserve to have fun too Bellamy." She said, turning back to look at him.

"I'll have my fun when the grounders attack." He shrugged. "Besides." His eyes find the McKinley girl again, who was still dancing but on her own, Jasper having abandoned her for more alcohol. "Who said I'm not having fun."

As the blonde walked away, Aurelia's eyes met his, and her smile brightened.

"Bellamyyy." The girl called out, slowly making her way over to him. She grabbed one of his hands and attempted to tug him towards the crowd. "Dance with me."

The boy shook his head at her. "No way. I don't dance." She pouted at him.

"Not even with me?" He really wanted to say no, but how can he say no to her.

"Fine. One dance, only one." He signalled over one of the off duty guards and handed him his rifle. "Take my post for me." The boy nodded, and Bellamy allowed Aura to finally pull him away.

"Even you can't go wrong with swaying Bell." She wrapped both her arms around his neck, laying her head against his chest, while he gently held onto her waist and rested his chin on top of her head. The music was most definitely not right for slow dancing, but it was okay, they made it work.

"Hey, Aura?" he softly spoke, gently playing with her hair with one hand.

"Mhm." She mumbled. Bellamy chuckled and glanced at her, realising her eyes were closed.

"Are you falling asleep?" He asked her, knowing the answer already.

"Whaat. Nooo." She mumbled, eyes still closed. Bellamy let out a laugh and picked her up gently, one arm around her back and one under her knees, and she laid her head in the crook of his neck.

He carefully carried her into her tent and lowered her onto her bed, being gentle so she wouldn't be disturbed. "Sweet dreams Bambi." He didn't get a reply as she had fallen asleep, and so he quietly left the tent with a smile on his face, leaving the girl to dream of the stars.

▪︎☆▪︎

Sorry for the short chapter and the kinda bad ending. I'm not very good with original scenes and I lowkey lost motivation with this chapter.

On another note enjoy the Auramy content while you can 👀