4:THIRTEEN

chapter dedicated to my best boy, bellamy blake.

▪︎

▪︎

“This is Becca’s main research lab, but there are five other levels.”

Aurelia looked around in awe as Jackson gave her and Clarke a tour of the lab, her eyes wide as she took in all the advanced looking machinery placed around the room. She noticed Abby standing on the lower level, and followed Clarke down the stairs to greet the older woman. 

“God, it’s really you,” Abby murmured under her breath as she held onto her daughter’s face, a large smile forming on her lips. Aurelia watched with a smile as the two Griffin’s embraced each other, the interaction warming her heart.

“Hi, Abby,” Aura greeted, reaching to give the woman a brief hug once she had parted from Clarke.

“Hi, Aura.” Abby said in response, before turning to look behind them. “Where’s Roan?”

“He’s unloading the fuel with the others,” Clarke answered, slowly moving towards a monitor which appeared to display a scan of a brain. “Is that Raven?”

“She’s sedated in the bio lab. She had another seizure.”

“Another one? How long has this been going on for?” Aurelia questioned with brows furrowed. She was upset that this was the first she was hearing about Raven’s well being, but she assumed it was due to how hectic their lives had been the past few days.

“It first happened a couple days ago.”

Clarke stared down at the screen, her finger pointing towards an area of the scan which was highlighted blue. “Is that-”

“An ischemic stroke,” Abby cut off, a slight frown on her face.

“What does that mean?” the raven haired girl questioned in a worried tone. “Can that heal on its own? Or can it be treated?”

“As long as she takes it easy, she’ll recover,” the doctor reassured, slowly turning towards Clarke with a knowing smile. “She’s almost as stubborn as you are.”

Aurelia began to wander around the work station, her fingers lightly running across the worktop as her eyes scanned the various monitors and scientific equipment that was set up. Her brows furrowed as her gaze fell on a series of vials placed next to a microscope. “What’s that?”