3:ONE

ONE

▪︎

▪︎

Two months since Mt Weather

Aurelia sat on the floor as she admired the beautiful piece of machinery in front of her. A while back, a group of them had gone back to the abandoned parking lot that Bellamy and Octavia had discovered to see what they could scavenge. While Raven got excited over the prospect of fixing up the rovers, Aurelia had made a beeline for a motorcycle abandoned in a random corner and claimed ownership.

For the past few weeks she had been working on fixing it up. Well, she mainly watched Raven and Sinclair working on it whilst she did the more important work, like handing them the tools. But at last, it was finally finished. 

“Are you gonna keep gawking at it or are you gonna actually take it out for a spin?” Aura’s eyes snapped towards Raven, who was wiping off grease from her hands with a cloth.

The girl looked back at the motorbike, only now contemplating the possible dangers of riding a motorbike. “I’m scared that i’m gonna crash.”

“Pfft, it’s probably as easy as riding a bike.” Raven reassured, which didn't exactly work considering none of them have ever even seen a bike, much less ridden one.

“Raven, we lived in space. None of us have ever ridden a bike." 

Raven waved her off. “Details, details. Come on, if you don’t take it out I will.” 

“Fine, fine." The girl finally says jumping to her feet. "Let me just put on a million layers in case I do end up crashing.” 

“I’ll be waiting here.” Raven saluted, as Aura quickly ran out the room. 

After Aurelia puts on like three layers, she stops outside Jasper’s room. She knocked softly to announce her presence, waiting for a signal to go in. “If your name is Monty, i’m not here.” came a muffled voice.

Aurelia chuckled softly and pushed the door open, realising it was pitch black inside the room. She sighs and turns the lights on, spotting Jasper sprawled across the bed face down, a bottle of alcohol on the floor beside him. “Hey Jaybird, it’s me.” She sat down softly on the bed next to the boy. 

“Heyyy Liaaa,” he slurred out, eyes still closed.

“The motorbike is up and running and i’m gonna take it for a test ride. Do you wanna come with?”