1:ELEVEN

Lost Girl in the Woods
ELEVEN

▪︎

▪︎

"Why are we here again?" Aurelia asks, wading through the shallow water of the river. "Wait I know, it's because Bellamy Blake is an idiot." Annoyed was a complete understatement of what Aura was feeling right now. The bottom half of her trousers were soaked, as were the sleeves of her top from spending hours trying to locate the damn radio. The wet clothes made her feel miserable and cold. She gave up searching and went to sit on the riverbank, head in her hands. "I need a break."

"Are you okay?" Aura looked up to find Bellamy looking at her with a questioning stare.

"Nevermind I don't need a break anymore." She says to no one in particular, ignoring the boy. She stands up and goes back into the river, feeling Bellamy's questioning gaze on her back.

"Guys I found it!" yells Miller from the middle of the river. He quickly made his way over to a brunette, who Aura assumed was Raven Reyes, the girl from the pod. She grabs it from him to inspect the device, sighing in frustration when she realises the amount of water damage.

"I think it may be fixable. But it'll take at least half a day to dry out the components to see what's broken."

Bellamy just stands there with his arms crossed, no sign of regret on his face. "Like I said, it's too late." Aura just rolls her eyes at him, but chose to not say anything snarky. Clarke on the other hand, was fuming, and didn't hold the same restraint.

"Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?" she exclaimed, startling Aura who was standing next to her.

"You asked me to help. I helped." If looks could kill, Bellamy would be lying in a heap on the floor, the source being the combined efforts of Aura, Raven and Clarke.

"Three hundred people are going to die today because of you." The crowd started murmuring at this revelation in worry, afraid that some of their loved ones may be one of the unfortunate souls to lose their life as part of The Culling.

"Wait." Raven shouts over everyone, a thoughtful expression on her face. "We don't have to talk to the Ark. We just have to let them know that we're down here right?"

"How are we going to do that with no radio?" Finn asks. The same question was on everyone's mind.

☽︎☽︎☽︎

The next couple of hours were spent building a complex set of flares, in the hopes they would be seen in space to alert the council members on the ark. The kids tore apart Raven's pod, salvaging any materials that would be useful to them, while Raven used her knowledge as a mechanic to build the flares.