3:SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN

▪︎

▪︎

Aurelia couldn’t even look as Octavia cried over Lincoln’s body, her occasional screams of pain carrying through the dead of the night. Her breathing quickened slightly as she began to panic, the sight of the younger girl holding onto Lincoln bringing back painful memories from Mount Weather. 

As if he could sense her distress, Jasper moved closer to the girl and pulled her into his arms, one hand rubbing down her back the same way she had down countless times when comforting him.

“When will it stop,” she questioned downheartedly, still trying to bring her breathing back to normal. “I don’t wanna lose anyone else.”

“I wish I had the answer,” he responded softly, leaning his head against hers. They both watched as Bellamy hesitantly walked towards Lincoln. After a brief nod from Octavia, he reached down and lifted Lincoln into his arms, before slowly walking over to the funeral pyre and setting him down next to Sinclair.

Aurelia took in a shaky breath before pulling herself out of Jasper’s arms. She slowly made her way over to the pyre and placed one hand beside each body, before closing her eyes tightly. “May we meet again.” She slowly moved her arms back and took several steps backwards, then fully turned away, allowing the others to give their final goodbyes.

Shortly after, Octavia placed the flaming torch onto the pyre, the fire engulfing the entire structure. “Yu gonplei ste odon,” she spoke, as the rest of the group chorused with her.

“Yu gonplei ste odon,” Bellamy softly whispered from beside Aurelia, his voice cracking slightly. They all stared as the fire continued to burn brightly, almost as if they were all in a trance.

“It’s time to go,” Octavia announced, capturing everyone’s attention. “I’ll get the map.” 

☽︎☽︎☽︎

Aurelia looked up from where she was leaning against her bike, noticing that Raven, Monty and Jasper were walking towards her, Clarke and Bellamy, who had been loading up the rover with various weapons and food. Jasper moved past Aurelia and placed his bag in the back of the rover, as Bellamy turned towards Monty and Raven with a questioning gaze.

“Hey, we’re leaving. Why aren’t you ready?”

“We’re not going with you,” Raven responded, causing Aura to stand up straighter as she stared in confusion.

“Raven-” Clarke began.

“I can barely walk and my shoulder is killing me,” the young mechanic cut off. “But...my brain is all kinds of awesome.”