1:EIGHT

Democracy

EIGHT

▪︎

▪︎

The morale had been fairly low in the past week. A couple of the kids had been patrolling the area outside the fence, when they found Well's body strewn against the floor, blood pooled around his head due to a deep wound in his neck. Most members of the hundred weren't too affected by Well's death, since most of them disliked him and his family. However, they were hugely concerned about the threat imposed on them. If the grounders were confident enough to kill one of them right outside their camp, what else were they willing to do to establish dominance?

"How are you feeling Tarzan?" Aura asked the healing boy, whilst carefully using a wet cloth to clean up the area around the spear wound.

"Better with you around Nurse McKinley." Jasper replied, a cheeky smile on his face. She let out a laugh and lightly punched his arm, careful to not hurt him.

"I don't think flirting with your nurse is very professional Mr Jordan." she teased, getting up to set down the cloth and cup of water.

"Look around this room Aurelia, nothing about this is professional." Both Aura and Octavia, who was sat against the wall, let out a laugh.

"Well I'm gonna see if I'm needed elsewhere. I'm sure Nurse Blake will tend to your needs." Aura said with a smirk, winking at the boy and quickly leaving before he can yell at her.

She made her way out the dropship and looked around, trying to figure ways she could help. Everyone was doing their part to help the camp. Most people were working together to build a wall in an attempt to keep the grounders out. No one knew if it would keep invaders out, but it felt brought a sense of security for the group. Of course, whilst most people were assigned their respective tasks, Bellamy and his attack dog Murphy were stood on the far side of the camp, almost like they were waiting for someone to screw up so they can yell at them.

Aura spotted Charlotte, who looked like she was struggling and made her way over. "Hey Charlotte, do you need some help?" The girl nodded. "Okay. I'll hold these together and you tie the rope." She arranged multiple logs together and nodded at the younger girl, who wrapped a long rope around them and made a knot, securing it. Aura smiled at the girl and gently put down the logs on the floor. She gave the girl a high five and made her way towards Bellamy, who was stood with his arms folded and surveying the group.

"Do you need a break?" Aura asked the boy, mimicking his stance. He raised his eyebrows and looked at her with a questioning stare. "Must be hard standing in the shade and staring at people doing work." Bellamy rolled his eyes and lightly shoved her. Before she could shove him back, Murphy's voice rang out across the camp.