3:ELEVEN

ELEVEN

▪︎

▪︎

"Your friend did a good job looking after your leg." praised Abby, finishing up her inspection of Aurelia's leg. "You probably only need one more checkup in a few days but generally you're good to go." The doctor stood up and started to pack up the bandages into the medkit. 

"It still hurts a little when I put weight on it though. Is that normal?" Aura questioned  as she flexed her ankle slightly. 

"Yeah, it's pretty much healed now. You just need to take small regular walks to get some strength back." 

Aurelia nodded in response as she continued to stare into her lap in silence, still fidgeting with her fingers. "Okay what's wrong Aura?" The girl looked up to find Abby staring at her with a soft look, the bandages now laying discarded on the side table. 

"It's nothing." Aura mumbled, looking back down at her lap. 

"Does this have anything to do with why you stayed here overnight instead of going back to your room?" The girl nodded again, not able to form words to give a verbal response. Abby gently sat down next to the girl on the bed and pulled her close, allowing Aurelia to lay her head on her shoulder. "You can talk to me about anything Aurelia."

"I just-" Aura took a small shaky breath. "What happened here Abby? What happened to Bellamy? I- I don't understand." Abby rubbed her back as all the questions on Aurelia's mind flowed out of her.

"He thought he lost you." Abby replied simply, still trying to comfort the girl. 

"I knew that would affect him but- but this is extreme. I mean slaughtering an entire army? People who were our allies?" 

"You have to remember he didn't do this on his accord. He was vulnerable after he thought he lost you, and Pike took that as a chance to manipulate him into going against Kane and I." Aurelia looked up as Abby pulled away from her slightly. "You're here now. And I have a feeling you can bring back the Bellamy you love." 

Aura scoffed slightly. "I tried, but Pike seems to have a firm grip on him. He won't listen to me." She sighed softly as she gripped her parent's rings around her neck. "I can't even bring myself to talk to him, that's why I stayed here. I don't think I can deal with another failed confrontation." 

"You're welcome to stay here as long as there's a bed free." Abby offered as she stood up from the bed. "Now, as your doctor, I'm ordering that you go for a walk. Go find Jasper, he's been a mess without you too." 

Aurelia stood up and fake saluted the doctor, before slowly making her way out of the medical room.

She strolled down several corridors attempting to find her best friend, and finally found him at his favourite place: the bar.