2:NINE

Escape from Mt Weather
NINE

▪︎

▪︎

It had been a couple days since the ambush against the two girls, and Aura was going completely out of her mind waiting around.

The door suddenly burst open, startling the girl who was sitting against the wall by the painting. She quickly stood up, watching as Rhydian quickly rushed towards her and shoved a cap into her hands. 

"Quick, put your hair up and use this cap." The girl chose to not ask questions and did as he said, shoving her raven hair into a bun before placing the cap on her head. 

He quickly ushered the girl out the door whilst keeping his voice low. "I've found a way to get you out, but we need to go as quickly as possible." 

"What? How on earth have you done that?" The girl whispered back, walking along as normal as she could despite how terrifying this situation was.

"I might have messed with the guard rotations a little. Right now, no one should be guarding one of the side exits out of Mount Weather, and we need to get there before people realise the mix up." The two hurried down the stairs, knowing that taking the longer way will be safer after the last trip in the elevator. 

Exactly like Rhydian had predicted, the entire corridor was empty, and no one was standing at the huge bronze doors at the very end. "Okay, um." Rhydian shoved his hand down his pocket, pulling out a crumpled map. "This is the most help that I can provide you. I'm sorry that I can't do much more." 

"Rhydian are you kidding? Getting me out of this damn mountain is the biggest help you could possibly give, this map is a bonus. I know there's no time for me to say exactly how thankful I am so I'm gonna hug you instead." She quickly wrapped her arms around his torso and pressed one cheek against his chest, and he responded by wrapping his arms around her shoulders, his tall frame towering over her. 

"Promise me that you'll stay safe out there Aurelia." 

"I promise Rhydian." Her eyes teared up slightly as she pulled away and backed towards the door, one hand clutching onto the map. "Promise that you'll keep an eye out on Jasper, Monty and the others?" 

"I promise sweetheart." The blue-eyed boy responded with a large smile on his face, but he too had tears starting to well up. He cleared his throat. "Okay, so there are two sets of doors. Make sure you only open the outer door after I close this one. Otherwise I get fried like a kebab." 

"You know, I never did try that kebab." She responded as she walked through the first door and turned around, a grin starting to take over her face, but the tears still blurring her visions lightly.