Chapter 20: We're a family

Gerard's parents came around a few days later to see the baby. They thanked me for Gerard finally settling down which made me sad because it was him that made himself finally settle down i wanted nothing to do with the guy. But now even though he said he wanted us all to be a family he spent most of the time in the nursery with Jamie, which I suppose is better than him going out and murdering people and that but he never let me see my son anymore. These days I spent just looking in the mirror and staring back at myself crying thinking of ways to get away from this nightmare but there really was no way out, I decided to go into the nursery to see him.

I walked in and shut the door behind me it was louder than I expected, making Gerard jump as he obviously hadn't heard me come in previously "s-sorry" I said backing up slightly not wanting to upset him he noticed I seemed scared "it's okay, sugar" he said beckoning me with his hand to come closer to him as he was sitting on the carpet with the boy, I hesitantly walked over to him and he patted the carpet for me to sit down and I did he moved up a little closer to me "you're not scared of me are you?" He asked looking at me. Well yes but I didn't know what answer he was looking for; either could be wrong so I just stayed silent and still and he put his arm around me "are you scared of me...hm?" He repeated but this time quieter and holding me closer to him "ye-n...um" is all I managed to splutter out "it's okay if you are" he said softly and I nodded reluctantly. Well why wouldn't I be after all he literally carved his names into my arms with a knife as well as many other terrible things he'd done to hurt me on purpose. "I'm sorry..." he said as he held me tight. I didn't know what to say. Was I hearing things or did Gerard Way just apologise? "I'm sorry for hurting you so bad" he said planting a kiss on my cheek it was a soft wet kiss but it was nice I just remained silent I didn't know if this was all a big joke and any minute now he was gonna harm me again but he seemed so genuine "I love you so much" he whispered into my ear which made me relax in his hold and rest my head on his shoulder "it's- it's okay" I sighed. I know it's not but I was so grateful for him even saying this to me that I didn't care anymore I kissed him on the lips because I wanted to. Oh god what is happening to me I'm becoming the person I swore to myself I wouldn't be. I was letting this happen but who cares anymore I'm married to him I have had his child I've told him I loved him so what does it matter? When our lips finally separated he turned to me again "I liked that, sugar" he smiled and  Jamie had fallen asleep on his play mat. "I liked that, Gee" I admitted I think I was admitting it to myself mainly because I had definitely taken a liking to the man now weather I liked it or not. It was silent for a bit just him holding me and Jamie fast asleep it was like he said it would be, just us three as a family, this might not seem like a lot to many people but this made me unbelievably happy I turned to Gerard "thank you, Gee, I mean it...for keeping your promise" I smiled at him I don't know if it was the first time I actually smiled at him but it was the first time I smiled and meant it "I wouldn't've said it if I didn't mean it" he said placing a kiss on my cheek I wished this moment could last forever but we both knew it couldn't and so did Jamie because he started to cry and wake up "I think he's hungry" Gee said looking at me "I'll feed him" I said scooping up the baby "this really is exhausting" I said yawning "I know it is but it'll be worth it" Gerard smiled and helped me upstairs "I can leave you here if you like, I don't want to make you uncomfortable" he said sweetly. Who is this Gerard? This isn't the man I knew previously why couldn't he always be like this but anyway I shook my head and extended my arm "stay" I said and he smiled and helped me. "We're a family I promise"  he said squeezing my hand reassuringly as we both sat on the bed.

However Gerard had other plans for Jamie...