Chapter 22: Where do we go from here?

——time skip to two weeks later——

Gerard's pov:

I know this is going to hurt her and I hate doing that but it's necessary I need my friend and business partner,Frank, back and I'm willing to trade in my only son to get him back. What do they want with Jamie? Well they need someone else to work for them in the future as they're running out of men so I agreed that if my rivals handed over Frank I'd give them my son it made me sad having to do this and I can't imagine how y/n is gonna feel but it has to be done I won't tell her though at least not until she notices. I love her very much and I do love Jamie but he won't remember me at all when he grows up, so what is there to lose?

Y/n pov:

Gerard had been gone all morning and I was really starting to miss him I then went to get Jamie up only to find that he wasn't there I went to the kitchen assuming Mikey had got him up again but Mikey was in the kitchen alone "Mikey you haven't seen, Jamie, have you?" I asked him worriedly "well I saw Gee leave the house with him pretty early this morning I assume they were just going out but they have been gone a long time" Mikey said sound a little concerned I nodded and looked down "oh no I hope they're alright" I said my voice full of anxiety "I'm sure they're okay he probably just wants to spend time with the kid" Mikey reassured walking over and giving me a hug and I hugged him back he definitely was much nicer to me these days and I really did appreciate it "thank you Mikey" I said and he slowly let go of me, the two of us sat in the kitchen all day staring at the front door just waiting for Gee and Jamie to return.

Eventually we heard the sound of keys in the door it was actually pretty late now and the second the door opened I was up on my feet and flung my arms around him then I soon realised Jamie wasn't there and let go of Gee "G-Gee?" I stuttered and he immediately knew what was wrong "W-where's Jamie w-where is our s-son?" I asked him nervously and he took my hand "I think we should take this upstairs, sugar?" He said quietly to me and kissed my forehead I nodded but could already feel my face preparing to cry.

Once we got upstairs he closed our bedroom door behind us and I sat nervously on the bed fiddling with my fingers "I had to pay someone off and they don't accept money but only people-" he began. I started to cry so much and I cut him off "you didn't give away our son did you?!" I yelled and he slowly nodded "Gerard! All the pain all suffering I went through for you and you do this to me to him!" I tried to shout but it was difficult to understand with me crying and all, he placed his hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down but only doing the opposite "come on, sugar, we can make another one" he chuckled "GET THE FUCK OUT GERARD I HATE YOU I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU LEAVE NOW!" I practically screamed but he shook his head "I'm not going anywhere baby you need me" he said trying to kiss me but I smacked him away "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I cried "but on the bright side I got Frank back and took him to the secret hideout" he chuckled "I don't want to hear it, Gee" I said sadly "you listen to me and leave!" I instructed but he didn't listen he came closer "I'm sorry but it had to be done" he made me sick how could I say I love him when he treats me and my son like this. "YOU BETTER GO AND GET HIM BACK!" I shouted at him "now now, sugar, a deals a deal I don't mess around in this business" he said calmly somehow he was so at peace with himself I couldn't understand it "I thought you liked him?!" I sobbed "but I do" "no you don't!" I shouted again although my throat had become sore from all the yelling a screaming "it's business sometimes we have to do things we don't like" he said emotionlessly still trying to get closer to me "leave!" But he didn't I knew it was a lost cause I'd probably never see my boy again and it was his fault I just buried my head in the pillow and cried so hard "it's not the end of the world" he said trying to make me feel better "you are the end of my world, Gee, you ruined my life" I said through all my tears and pain "no sweetheart if you didn't want this to happen you shouldn't've let me fuck you, you should've let all this happen" he said patronisingly "I didn't and you know it I don't even remember it I was drunk which leads me to believe you took advantage of me!" "now now, can't be throwing allegations like that around can we?" He said shaking his head disapprovingly "leave me alone you just fucking took away my son!" "I know it's hard but it's all part of the job" he said "now come here, come and say sorry" he cooed. The audacity he sold my son off and now wants me to say sorry, I stayed still "come on sugar, come here and give Gee a kiss" he said softly "YOU JUST SOLD OFF MY SON!" I shouted at him once more before getting up and hitting him I punched him in the chest he smiled I tried to push him over but he didn't move so I slapped him in the face and he got angry. Good. He shouldn't be happy at all today. I ran out the room. Gerard rubbed his face and then chased me down the hall angrily, I ran to Mikey who was in the lounge and he held me in his arms "he sold Jamie he sold Jamie!" I shouted to him Mikey looked upset also but he rubbed my back and comforted me then Gee came in and saw me in Mikey's arms "you come back here now you slut!" He spat "no Gee, you're a terrible person you always have been!" "But you're not? Here you are letting my brother touch you like that" he scoffed "he's not doing anything wrong he's just protecting me from you!" "I thought you'd learnt your place in the house!" "Do me a favour" I said bitterly "you come here and I won't hurt you" Gerard said staring at me I thought about it and then I thought about my son and I shook my head violently but Mikey let go of me "go to him y/n if you don't want to be harmed" Mikey whispered to me and I reluctantly walked over to Gee and he placed his arms around my waist. All I could feel was fear as a was shaking in his arms and thinking where do we go from here, where do I go from here?