Chapter 24: I've had enough

It had been a week since we had got our son back now and I was so grateful for it I made sure to keep him close to me as often as I could but my plan proved to be difficult as Gerard would spend most of the time with him away from me, I don't know why, he probably doesn't want me to get too attached again but I mean he's literally my son what does he expect. I looked through the crack in the door in the nursery and there they were playing with some toys, Jamie had grown quite a bit now he was able to pick things up and stuff I was a little sad that I missed that but I was happy Gee got him back. I knocked on the nursery door and Gee said "come in"

I came into the nursery and sat on the floor next to Gee and Jamie "what do you want?" He asked irritably which immediately made me feel sad I don't know why he's like this "um...I just wanted to see my son...and my husband" I reluctantly said sounding a bit scared because I was, I'm terrified of Gee one wrong move, one wrong word and he could easily put me in danger "look why don't you go and make us some food?" He said looking at me and taking my hands into his "because I wanted...I wanted it to be like you said, Gee, you said we'd be a family" I said as a tear spilled from my eye "I know...but we can't always have it like that, now go on go and make us some food" he said wiping away my tear but I shook my head "you do as you're told" "no Gerard I've had enough of being ordered around" I snapped "go on do as your told you don't wanna do this to yourself" and with that I got up and left the room slamming the door behind me but not before I heard Gerard say to Jamie "your mummy's very angry these days isn't she?" I'd had it. I'd had enough I wanted to leave even more than ever. I ran down stairs and I started to smash things up.

I broke glasses and mugs. I whacked a mirror off the wall and it fell to the ground and smashed. I kicked the cupboard doors. I threw a plate on the floor. I was so angry I lost control of myself but I didn't care I wanted to ruin Gerard's life just like he'd ruined mine even if it wasn't anywhere near as much damaged as he'd done to me. I ran to the living room and pushed the telly over I went back to the kitchen and kicked over the bin. Everything in sight I just threw on the floor until I saw someone rushing into the room and grabbed me I looked and it was Mikey.

"You fucking idiot what are you doing?!" He shouted I don't think I'd ever had him talk to me like that before but I realised why suddenly all my thoughts and my actions had caught up with each other and I knew I was really in for it this time "Ger-Gerard it was him!" I said as I started crying heavily "don't give me that I just saw you!" He yelled only making me more upset "where is he?" He asked "upstairs" is all I said and it was barely understandable but he knew what I meant and ran up to get him I looked around for an escape but saw nothing I really was gonna die here I wouldn't even be surprised if it's today. But I wasn't able to think for long because Gerard ran down the stairs and when he saw what I'd done he was dumbstruck but after a moment he walked over to me.

He walked closer and closer and I tried to back away but he didn't say anything he just kept eye contact with me until I was so far back up that I was into a wall and he was standing inches away from me "Sugar. What. The. Fuck. Do. You. Think. You're. Doing?" He asked trying to remain calm but I could already see the fury in his eyes "um...it was because of you!" I shouted in his face and that was it for him he slapped me right across the face "you better clean this fucking place up before I really hurt you!" he practically screamed at me "no! Let me go I hate you and I hate it here!" I shouted at him whilst holding my face in pain "I'm not your fucking slave Gerard!" I yelled out "you're supposed to be my wife but you don't act like it" he said angrily "because you don't treat me like it! You don't even let me see my own son!" "I got him back, sugar I never said anything about you being able to see him everyday!" "I fucking gave birth to him" "you watch your mouth, sweetie!" He said grabbing my jaw in his hand, by now my face was all bruised and burning in pain and tears just flowed out of my eyes. I was broken. Properly broken. He'd ruined me for good. He'd ruined my life. He then let go of my face and I slid down the wall and cried into my knees. Gerard looked furious he looked at though he could kill me and right now I just wished he would, put an end to all my suffering. But then he crouched down beside me "you clean this up properly, sugar and you can see Jamie tomorrow" he said and reluctantly I agreed. I didn't think it was possible to hate myself anymore than I already did but I was proving myself otherwise every single day. He really was using my own child as a weapon against me.