Chapter 17: Names

//Happy New year

Sorry the chapter's a bit late but here it is anyway//

I'm 18 weeks pregnant now and I'm just starting to get fed up now it's really tiering but today Gerard is taking me to find out the gender of the baby he's really excited but I'm exhausted it's been around a month since I told him I loved him and I haven't said it since.

I woke up to Gerard crouched down beside my side of the bed and touching my face to wake me "sugar, we've got to go out soon" he said softly "but I'm tired" I whined "come on we're gonna find out if I'm having a son or a daughter" I hated the way he said this he always said it was his child and I'd just about had enough "Gerard they're not just your child I'm the one who has to go through hell!" I snapped, he chuckled a little "come on I know you're emotional but you've got to get up" he said sounding irritated he didn't even respond to my comment I was pretty angry but I went along with it anyway I really did regret saying I loved him. He helped me up out of bed and I took a quick shower then I got dressed and he took me to the hospital.

The hospital was a special mafia hospital because they couldn't exactly send their men to get patched up by people who could get the law involved any time. It was only a 15 minute drive in the car.

He took me into this room and there was a midwife in there, she did a few tests on me to and confirmed the baby was healthy. "So would you like to know if you're having a boy or a girl?" She asked "I would" Gerard said excitedly as I nodded "you're having..." she said as we both waited in anticipation as she looked at the screen "a son" she confirmed, Gerard looked overjoyed "I honesty couldn't be happier" he smiled and kissed my cheek "yeah it feels more real now" I said agreeing with him I did actually feel excited by this. "Thank you so much" I said to the midwife shaking her hand and then me and Gerard both left.

We got back to the car and sat in the back seats as Gerard ordered his driver to drive. Gerard kissed me deeply then he pulled away "thank you, sugar, I've always wanted a son" he said beaming at me "I guess maybe it won't be so bad after all" I said looking deep into his eyes "I knew you'd come around in the end" he looked so happy I'd never seen him like this "when he's born I'll make sure he has a good life I'll support him properly, I promise you, sugar" he said with his eyes locked with mine. "What do you think we should call him?" I asked him "Jamie" he said straight away "but I was thinking-" but he cut me off "I don't care sugar he is my son" "well he's fucking growing inside of me not you!" I shouted "yeah but I put him in there" he smiled proudly. I sighed. I started to realise this baby wasn't gonna be mine he was probably gonna take him the second he's born. I decided the only way to be sure was to ask him "Gerard?" He looked at me waiting for me to continue "when he's born you're not gonna take him away from me are you?" I asked hesitantly I don't know if I should've said that but I really want to know he cupped my cheek in his hand "of course not, I love you and I want us to be a family" he said kissing my forehead, this put my mind at ease a bit but I don't know if I believed him or I just wanted to believe him. All of a sudden the door opened and we both climb out of the car he put his arm around my waist as we walked to the front door, it might seem like a cute gesture but I suspect it's to stop me from running away.

When we got into the house he took me upstairs but lead me to a different room. A room in which I'd never been in before. "Where are we going?" I asked quietly "wait and see" he smiled, he sounded excited "I'm so glad you gave me a son, sugar" he said kissing my cheek and rushing to open the door. He twisted the handle and opened the door. Wow. It looked amazing. It was a big nursery I knew our son would love it "this is for
m-our son, sugar" he said correcting himself from saying 'my' again that made me happy and I smiled and flung my arms around his neck "thank you, Gee, this is amazing" this was the happiest I'd been in a long time, "finally used my nickname, sugar?" He smirked and that was when I realised I'd just called him 'Gee' I felt my face heat up "sorry..." I said still holding onto him and looking at the ground "it's cute when you say it" he laughed genuinely, something he oh so rarely did. He then leant his head down a little and kissed me on the lips "I love you" he whispered as he pulled away, I didn't say it, I didn't want to I just pulled him closer "I care about you a lot, y'know?" I told him, it was more truthful than saying I loved him. "I know you do, sweetheart" he said then kissed me one last time. "Jamie's gonna love this" Gerard said, only bringing me out of my happiness, remembering that I'm not allowed to name my own son, he noticed that I wasn't happy anymore "what wrong I thought you liked it?" He asked sounding confused "no I do but...why do you get to pick the name he's not just your son?" I said in an annoyed tone "because I own you" he said dominantly; once again switching back to the selfish, horrible, rude, Gerard I knew. I couldn't be bothered to argue so I just nodded and he smiled evilly knowing he'd won as he took my hand into his.