Chapter 9

I woke up a little late than usual the next morning. I slept pretty good. And I was cheery in the morning which was a huge thing.

I did my morning routine then went down to get some coffee.

Sebastian was already awake. He had a mug of coffee in his hand and it looked like he was in the middle of work. He had noise cancellation headphones on.

He didn't notice me come down. Sebastian was completely ignorant to his surroundings. He was deep in work.

I smiled at the sight. I should get used to this.

I stopped at the thought.

Should I?

I got to the kitchen and there was already a mug of coffee waiting for me. I heated it and took it out with me.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Chloe frozen at the door.

"Is my vision alright or did Adalynn change into Sebastian?" I rolled my eyes at her.

She crossed her hands. "What is he doing here?"

Sebastian was completely oblivious to the surroundings.

"Are you guys sleeping together?"

"Chloe shut up." This girl was an idiot.

"Then what is he doing here?" She raised her voice to get Sebastian's attention. He stayed focused at his work. Those were some nice headphones.

"He came back. For me." I replied quietly.

Chloe's eyes widened. "Are you guys back together?"

"No. We are still working things out. And then we are going to see how things are going to go. But we both want things to work. Our old feelings are still involved." I explained.

Her eyebrows were furrowed. "This is all soo confusing. What are you now?"

"Friends."

Chloe let out a snort. "Okay. Friends don't have sexual tension that couldn't even be cut by a knife because it's so strong. I saw you guys the first day you met after the gala. The past and tension were mixed together and got converted into sexual tension. It was a very toxic environment for me and apparently still is." She fanned her face slightly. But I could see the light lift of her shoulders and figured out she was kidding and happy for me.

"You actually want me and Sebastian together don't you?" I grinned at Chloe.

"Ew. You guys were DISGUSTANG." She said but here lips were curving into a smile.

"All jokes aside Adalynn." Her eyebrows furrowed again. "I saw you two together. You guys were very happy together. I hate to even say this but you guys were perfect for each other." She gagged. "But you broke up for a reason. I know you didn't tell me the complete truth and I won't force you to. But Adalynn be careful too. I don't want you to be hurt. I want you guys together a little bit. But I am just saying take care of yourself too." That was the most concern Chloe had ever showed through her words and the most compliments she had ever given. She may really like me.

"Thank you Chlo."

She rolled her eyes and went towards Sebastian. She bent down near Sebastian's ear, pulled his headphones away and whispered hi into his ear.

Sebastian gasped loudly and stood up suddenly with his laptop in his hands.

"Adal..." He turned around with a mock glare and saw Chloe grinning cheekily at him.

"Chloe." He groaned then sat down again. His gaze shifted to me grinning in the side. Watching me grin, a smile came on his face too.

"Ok that's it." Chloe turned around towards the stairs and started walking up with a disgusted look on her face. "I am gonna go puke. Bye!" She called out behind her and slammed the door to her room shut.

I laughed at her reaction. Sebastian was still watching me with a smile on his face.

"Good morning gorgeous." He greeted. Butterflies errupted in my stomach.

Chloe was right. We weren't friends and couldn't be.

___________

Days passed by. I was getting comfortable with Sebastian in the house. But my body wasn't. I always got butterflies when he got close to me.

He would still be there when I would return from work and that calmed my heart a lot.

He would make dinner after I would return from a long day at work. Or sometimes even ordered in my favourites when my day was not really good. Sebastian tried to spend every minute with me when we were not working.

It was amazing. My heart was on cloud nine.

Today was a common day. I had work the whole day in the studio. I was working on a new project and Lucy was kicking my ass.

It was around 8 that we finally packed for the day. It was a good day and we worked a great deal today.

"Good work guys." I smiled at my team as they packed and got ready to leave.

They complimented my work, patted my back, smiled at me then started leaving one by one.

Lucy stayed till the end. "You are doing great Adalynn. Keep up the good work." She patted my cheek then picked up her purse to leave.

"Thanks." I smiled as she left and closed the door behind her.

Finally I was done and alone. I took in a huge breath and organised today's mess. I stacked the papers tidely and cleaned away the mess on the couch.

Half an hour later I was satisfied that the studio looked clean so I started to pack my stuff. When I was done I turned off the ACs and the lights and got ready to leave.

I locked the front gate and climbed down the stairs to my car.

I was just near my car when I collided into somebody.

"Shit I am sorry." I apologised as I stabilised myself.

"What should I do with your clumsy arse Adi." An amused voice with thick British accent spoke up.

I recognised the voice. I grinned up at the person in front of me excitedly.

"Oh my God Marcus!" I jumped up in the person's extended arms excitedly.

______________

Um...drama?

Guys, do you like Chloe? I love her.

Tell me, what was your favourite part in the part 1 of the book. I am excited to know.

And are you liking part 2??