Chapter 5

I sat down comfortably on the mat in the sand with my phone in my hand. The weather was truly nice.

I was just texting my friends in the city when my phone was pulled away from my grip.

"Wha-" I looked up to see a smirking Sebastian looking at me. Drops of water fell on me as he towered over my sitting body.

"Strip." He said, his eyes danced with amusement as he took in my reaction.

I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me."

"You are on a beach sweetheart and instead of enjoying in the water, you are busy tapping on your phone." He said as he pushed away his dark locks out of his face.

"Okay, but give me back my phone first." He gave me my phone back and I started to remove my oversized t shirt when I realised that he was still watching me.

I raised an eyebrow folded my arms. "What! Turn around."

A frown made its way on his face. "What even. This makes no sense. You are getting into the water without that shirt on so why."

"I don't know. Just turn around." Sebastian rolled his eyes as he turned around. I stripped out of my oversized t shirt. It was uncomfortable to strip in front of others especially when someone was watching you like that.

"Okay I am done." I said as I ran towards the water where everybody else was.

Sebastian followed me. "You look gorgeous sweetheart."

I got into the water and turned towards him. "I know. I can't say the same about you tho."

Snorts and laughter filled up the air at my comment. Sebastian raised his eyebrows at my comment, taken off guard. But soon the smirk returned again.

"You know you are lying sweetheart." I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

Well, it was true tho.

He looked really handsome.

His shirtless chest was on full glory for everyone to see. His tan skin glowed in the sun and his abs were on full display. His shorts were lying low and water dripped down his chest making it extremely hard for me to breathe.

I averted my gaze from his chest and looked back into his eyes. A knowing look was there in his eyes as he pushed his hair back slowly, enjoying his time.

I snorted. "Honey, honesty hurts like a bitch." I patted his chest and turned away.

_______________

After enjoying in the water I decided to tan my pale body. I was in immense need of tanning. The city turned me as pale as a vampire.

I was lying on the mat when a shadow fell on me. I looked up, annoyed and ready to hit Sebastian. When I realised it was not Sebastian but Jeremy.

"Hi." He smiled down at me. I got up into a sitting position and smiled back at him.

"Hey."

"Mind if I join you?" He asked and nodded towards the mat.

"No, obviously." I scooted away to give Jeremy some space to sit down.

He sat down and stretched his legs forward. His eyes were on his friends in the water.

I looked at him then down in my lap. What to do in situations like these? I was getting tensed.

This is why I have no love life, I am very awkward. I feel awkward in approaching people and I feel awkward when people approach me. God this is a task.

"Are you liking it here so far?" Jeremy suddenly spoke up.

It took me a moment for me to answer because I was too lost in my own awkward self.

"Yeah. Yes." I started then almost wanted to facepalm myself. "I mean yes, I have always liked it here."

He looked at me with surprise. "You are from here?"

"No, my Nina, I mean my grandmother lives here. So I come visit her every once in a while. " He nodded.

"I never saw you here. Also, Stephanie never introduced you."  He asked, a curious expression on his face.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I last visited. That's why. You all met her in college?" I asked.

"Yes. We all go to the same college except Sebastian. He doesn't live here." I nodded in understanding.

Stephanie mentioned about her new friends that she made in college when we talked on phone. She had friends here, before them, but they were older than us and already left for colleges.

She was very lonely when her friends left for colleges and she was stuck here alone. I met some of them when I visited. So I am glad that she found some friends that were always around her and were her age.

"So, tell me about yourself." He turned to face me, a grin on his face.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled awkwardly at him.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well, you can start by telling me your full name." Jeremy smiled.

"Cooper. Adalynn Cooper is my name." I grinned at my stupid way of introducing myself. He chuckled quietly.

"It's very nice to meet you Adalynn Cooper, I am Jeremy Anderson." He took my hand and gently planted a kiss on it.

I blushed. "It's a pleasure Jeremy Anderson."

As we saw his friends returning back he turned towards me again. "I would love for this conversation to go on. "

"Me too." I smiled, a light blush covering my cheeks.

We exchanged numbers.

Finally, my love life was taking off somewhere.

______________

Hola babies!

Do you like Jeremy?

Jeremy or Sebastian?

Comment your favourite song! I need to update my Spotify playlist haha.