Chapter 28

Next was Cole. He pulled me in a tight hug and messed up my hair.

"Since you are Stephanie's best friend, we'll be talking a lot so I am not really sad." I laughed at that. That was true.

"Especially if there are fights. I'll be the one solving them and kicking your ass if you hurt her."

"Noted." He smiled, popping his dimples.

Chloe came up behind Cole. Taking me and everyone by surprise as she leaned in for a hug. It was a quick and short hug but a hug nevertheless. "What?" She asked as everybody gaped at her. "Close your mouths before I kick them up." Everybody closed their mouths.

She turned to me. "I am not gonna tell you that I am gonna miss you and all that shit. Because I am not. But truth be told." She cleared her throat as if her throat was on fire. "I actually liked you and your company."

I hugged Chloe again. She froze but soon wrapped her arms around me. "I'll miss you too Chloe."

Steph didn't say a goodbye because she was coming over to stay the night. Me, Steph and Sebastian all after saying goodbyes moved to my house.

The dinner place was pretty close so we decided to walk there and walk back. Sebastian grabbed my hand as soon as we started walking.

Steph was silent. I pinched her arm. She shrieked.

"What?" She complained.

"Why are you so silent?" I asked as we walked.

Her lips turned downwards. "I am gonna miss you Adi. I got soo accustomed to your company that now it's gonna be hard to go back to the normal." Sebastian's hand tightened on mine. I looked at him but he was looking ahead.

I moved towards her. Sebastian let go of my hand as he realised what I was doing. I hugged my best friend in the middle of the road.

"I love you Steph and I am gonna miss you like crazy." She hugged me back tightly.

We reached my house. Steph went in to give me and Sebastian space.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered as I hugged him. He nodded and hugged me.

"I love you." I pecked his lips.

"I love you too Collins."

______________

Steph was crying when I entered my bedroom. Nina was there too with a sad look on her face. She was comforting Stephanie.

I joined in their hug. I loved these two soo much.

"I remember how you both cried after your first summer together ended." Nina smiled at the old memory. We both smiled at each other through tears.

"But after that first time, tears became a common thing. You guys cry everytime Lee leaves." Nina said. It was the truth tho. We cried everytime I left. "I thought this time would be different but no." Nina wiped both our tears away.

This time felt a little different. We both were adults so we knew the importance of friendships in our lives. We knew each other's importance in our life.

Steph and I spent the whole night, literally the whole night chatting and crying. Nina was there the first 2 hours, going through our photos and albums from when we were young to now then she went to bed.

We scrolled through all our pictures of this summer. It was indeed a special one. I made tones of memories. I reconnected with my old best friend. I made new friends that were the sweetest. And finally, I found love. Sebastian Collins was my summer love.

___________

Finally it was morning and time to say goodbye to Stephanie. We had the yummiest waffles for breakfast prepared by my dear Nina. Those felt a little funny when I stood up to hug Stephanie for the last time till next time.

"Drinking wouldn't be the same without you." Steph said unexpectedly as she hugged me. I laughed through the tears. "You have Chloe."

"But you are my bestfriend."  My hair were wet with Stephanie's tears.

"Enough with this crying." I rubbed my tears and hers. "We have shed enough tears. We might dehydrate. Steph, you are a model, you shouldn't let that happen."

She stood up straighter and sniffled. "You are right." She rubbed her face. A cheeky grin came up on her face.

And she was back.

Stephanie kissed my cheek. "Love you girl. Call me when you reach the city."

She turned around to leave. I slapped her butt lightly. She laughed.  "Love you too babe."

The door finally shut and I let my grin fall.

__________

Guys listen to 'summer love' by one direction while reading this and the next chapter.

I finished up my packing when Sebastian pulled up to my house.

"Hey Collins." I kissed his cheek.

He smiled back but didn't say anything. Weird.

I hopped on his motorcycle and he turned it on.

He didn't say anything as we drove so I didn't know where we were going.

Soon I figured it out when Sebastian pulled up on the cliff where we first hung out.

We got off and I took Sebastian's hand in mine.

We sat by the edge totally silent. Sebastian didn't say a word while I told him about Stephanie's night out at my place.

"...but at the end we parted with big smiles on our faces because we knew that we'll meet soon and we will still be in contact through texts and calls like before." I looked over at Sebastian. "Just like us. I don't want sad goodbyes Collins. We will part ways with a see you again. I will even give you my email also in case of eme..."

Sebastian interrupted my sentence. "I can't."

______________

Continued in the next chapter .

Warning: you might shed a few tears.