Of Course Not || MINSUNG ON H...

By Patchutsksk

Han Jisung, a transfer student at JYP Academy, is forced to be the lead role for a school project partnered w... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

23

777 52 69
By Patchutsksk

They finished their lunch and ordered desserts afterwards. The table became quite for a while but Seungmin thought of something to do.

"I brought my camera. Should we shoot something while we are here? What scene can we take though?" Seungmin asked.

"I have an extra camera at the car. Wait. I'll get it in case we need it." Hyunjin said as he ran to the door. Seungmin confused eyes followed the other.

Hyunjin came back holding a camera. "You have a camera? When and why? I didn't know you were into photography too." Seungmin asked.

"Well after knowing you like filming I bought one for myself so that we can share the same hobby." Hyunjin said smiling.

Seungmin was dumbfounded and his ears turned pink again but he didn't hide it this time. He just smiled back and played with his camera trying to distract himself.

"Oh! By the way, I have a question! How will Minho and Jisung meet in the story? Why don't we make them meet here?" Jeongin suggested.

"That's a great idea Innie. So how are we gonna do that? Any ideas?" Bang Chan asked.

"Okay I have one. Hear me out. How about we can make Miroh as a usual hangout place of Minho and his friends since before him and Hanna have been dating. And then Jisung can be a transfer student in the film too and he discovers this café one day the same time as Minho is hanging out here and then Jisung buys something on his way home so Minho notices him but doesn't give a damn of course but when his relationship with Hanna makes a turn, we can create a scene where Jisung again comes to Miroh and they bumped into each other and become friends. Well that's what I'm thinking about. Anything else?" Seungmin suggested.

"I have something in mind too! What if Jisung and Minho are schoolmates since then but they don't personally know each other that well but Jisung has a secret crush on Minho but then everybody knows Minho and Hanna are a thing right? Including Jisung here. So Miroh can be both of their favourite place to hang out and this is where Jisung always find him without his girlfriend so he comes by here often. "Small crushes are harmless right?" that can be what Jisung has in mind while admiring Minho from a far. And he likes create little sketches of Minho here since Jisung can draw in real life, we can utilize his skill in the film too. And then when Minho and Hanna's relationship crumbles down, this will give Jisung an opportunity to be noticed by the other. And we can create a scene where Minho spills something on Jisung's sketches and then he'll be noticed." Hyunjin added.

"What do you guys think? Both scenes are actually good. We can vote on what to go with then? Or does anyone suggest something else?" Bang Chan said.

"What if we combine the two scenes you guys have in mind? Jisung can be a transfer student here right? And we can shoot a scene where the day Jisung transfers to District 9 he will enter here to buy something and then he'll see Minho but of course he doesn't care about him since he doesn't know him yet and same for Minho but then as the scene progress we will show that it became like an everyday routine for Jisung to buy something at Miroh and Minho will sometimes notice him but they still both don't give a damn about each other's existence. And then at some point they'll realize that they go to the same school. And when the breaking up happens we then create a scene where they bump into each other or Jisung spilling something on his shirt or something else that will connect their characters together." Changbin suggests.

"Oh! Plot twist, we will show how Jisung and Minho don't give a damn with each other right? But at the end let's show a different point of view where Jisung actually notices Minho among the crowd of customers and sometimes create Minho sketches from his memory too and we can show Minho's point of view where he'll see Jisung enter the café, second glance him but then he'll remember he has a girlfriend so he stops himself but as the day and weeks go by he will just find himself waiting for Jisung to come to the café and buy something since he knows it became Jisung's everyday routine. We can just show subtle hints that even before, both characters are attracted to each other in some ways." Felix adds.

"PERFECT! It really is different when you're in love, their suggestions are top notch. Let's go with this one then since it's literally the combination of both ideas." Seungmin said excitedly.

"I agree. I somehow felt a little bit of lovey tingly feeling when I imagined the scene. So are you both in? You understood the scene right?" Bang Chan replied.

"Yeah, I understood it. Are you okay with filming it now Jisung?" Minho asked.

"Uhm, yeah of course. Why wouldn't I be? So where am I gonna go then? No particular lines yet right?" Jisung asked not looking at Minho.

"Nope. We are just gonna film you entering the café and then a few angles here in there." Bang Chan said as he stood up.

"Minho can sit here. Who can be his friends in the film then? Or should he be the only one sitting here enjoying his drink?" Seungmin asked the group.

"Changbin, Felix and Seungmin are the only ones left that still don't have a character right? So who wants to be Minho's friend here?" Bang Chan asked.

"I personally think Seungmin doesn't have to be infront of the camera anymore, at least for now? Maybe we'll discover a meaningful character for him as we progress but I mean he's already our director, script writer, camera man and even editor. That's already too much work for one person. He'll basically dominate the credits section." Jeongin said as he taps on Seungmin's back.

"Oh god. Thank you for saying that Innie. I'm really good behind the camera but I don't know if I can pull off an acting scene." Seungmin said in a sigh.

"Don't down yourself Seungmin. I think we can find a good character for you. I can feel it. But if you insist, then Prof. Park might understand it. I even hope you'll have the highest grade among us since you're literally the most important person in this film." Hyunjin complimented Seungmin which made him smile from ear to ear. "Did I make you smile like that? One point for me then." Hyunjin winked.

Bang Chan gave them a judging look "Guys you can flirt with each other later and let's not waste time. The clock is ticking. So Changbin and Felix can be Minho's friend here?"

"Sure." Both agreed.

"Hyunjin, can you ask the cashier if we can shoot a few scenes here? If she won't allow us then try again but smile at her. She might comply if you'll do that." Seungmin said and laughed.

"I won't smile for anyone other than you but if you say so then. Wait. I'll be right back." Hyunjin complied.

Bang Chan smiled with satisfaction. "Alright then. So Seungmin can stay here and shoot Minho, Felix and Changbin drinking an Ice Americano or whatever you guys want to eat right now. Seungmin try to make sure to angle the camera to the door so that we can still see Jisung enter in their peripheral vision."

"She said we can. And I didn't even smile at her." Hyunjin came back and wraped his hand around Seungmin's shoulders.

"You're getting more comfortable with me Seungmin. I'm glad you are." Hyunjin whispered.

"Good then. So the main focus of this first take is Minho Hyung okay, so can you go outside and enter the door Squirrel? You can just walk casually and try to order something in the cashier. I'll signal you and you'll casually look at the customers and then I'll signal again to slowly look at Minho's group for maybe about 3 seconds and then break your gaze. Can you do that?" Seungmin asked and Jisung nods

"Hyung, you sit here facing the entrance. And then the moment that door opens you look at Jisung. Tilt your head towards his direction to give an effect in the camera. We'll just shoot Jisung's angle behind you. And Hyunjin will shoot Jisung's entrance on the left side of the café so that he won't be seen in the shot."

Seungmin explains what he wants Minho to do in detail. He even guides them on what angle they look good in the camera. So Jisung and Minho agreed.

"Can you go out the door Squirrel? And then walk back in when I raise my hand." Sengmin ordered.

But Jisung who was nervous because he knew that Minho was watching made silly walks to ease his tension.
The group laughed at him and that made him more relaxed.

Jeongin who was also a crackhead copied his bestfriend's silliness and they all laughed at the two. Even the customers who were watching them laughed with them.

"Okay I'm ready." Jisung said with confidence. He walked out the door and fixed his hair before entering. Seungmin then promps him to action.

Everybody was awestruck by Jisung's oozing charisma. Jeongin on the other hand wasn't surprised because he knew Jisung was already amazing even before.

Even Minho didn't hid his amazement over Jisung. Changbin saw this and took a picture of his friend's reaction for safe keeping.

"You're drooling." Changbin teased.

"Tss." Minho just pushed him and chuckled.

"That was so.....natural. Woah. I got goosebumps. You look so good on camera Squirrel. Oh god. I will never get over this."

"Okay, let's move on from simping over Jisung. So let's take another angle but it's Jisung's side now. We are taking the same scene Jisung. Enter the door, walk, look at Minho and then buy at the cashier. But this time the camera is behind you taking our point of view. So are we good? Hyunjin, don't stop shooting behind Hyung. Just in case we need some extra footage." Bang Chan ordered.

As Jisung walked his scene again The door opened behind him and Hanna entered. Seungmin who was by the door didn't see her either. "Minhoooooo!" She shrieked as she stretched her hand towards the group. She passed Jisung and bumped him a little bit.

Hyunjin who was filming behind Minho still continued his shot. He then signaled Jisung to continue walking. Which Jisung understood. He then walked towards the cashier and bought an Ice Americano. He knew the shoot will be put on hold now that Hanna came.

"CUT!" Bang Chan ordered. "Hi Hanna. You're here. We shot a few scenes. But I think we got what we wanted. You just relax guys. Play by the booths or read some comics while we stay here."

"Oh how long have you been here then? Sorry if I was late. Lee Know said to come after lunch. So here I am." Hanna said as she sat beside Minho.

Minho then looked at Hanna beside him. He remembered what Jisung asked him. ''Did my heart skip a beat when I saw her?'' 'Do i? I think no.' he said to himself. he looked at Changbin and the other gave him an assuring look.

"What do you want Hanna? My treat." Minho asked.

"Uhm. Anything you want Minho." She responded and bats her eyelashes and smiled.

Minho ordered 2 Ice Americano after he saw Jisung ordered one earlier, his taste buds immediately craved for one and a chocolate cake, both of his favorite.

"Oh. Chocolate? But I'm on a sweets diet. Maybe later? Just put it there babe. And I'm not really an Ice Americano type of girl either. Hihi."

Changbin and Hyunjin's mouth fell after hearing what Hanna just said. "Did you hear the leech? She should have told Minho that before he bought her one then. Oh my god."

The two inched their way closer to them for better eavesdropping.

Minho looked confused and didn't know what to do after Hanna declined his offer. "Ice Americano is my favourite drink though. Try it, maybe you'll like it." He innocently offered.

"Oh it's your favourite? So i'll try it for you babe." Hanna took a sip and her face immediately squint but she then formed a fake smile. "Hmmmm. It's okay. So how have you been doing? Have you thought about what I said last night?" she asked changing the topic.

"Let's get to know each other first Hanna. So tell me a little bit more about yourself, we've been schoolmates since freshmen years but I haven't talked to you."

The two talked for a while and even shared a few laughter with each other. In their friends' eyes, it looked like the two was having a good time and sharing an intimate moment. Jisung on the other hand was sulking at the far side of the room.

"Do you wanna read a comic Jiji? Look, they have all the issues of the Avengers. This is your favourite right? Look jiji." Jeongin did his best to distract and get the attention of Jisung but nothing worked. He was spaced out and wasn't even responding to Seungmin's questions.

"Are you really that whipped for my brother? What do you even see in him? Ew."

"Hey. Of course not. I'm just bored. Gimme the comic Innie. Let's read together." Jisung said as he inched his way towards Innie and turned his back from the opening of the booth.

"Then why are you sulking? You're jealous aren't you? Confess. I won't tell my brother."

Jisung completely ignored Seungmin and continued reading his comic. He eventually gave up and just read with them as well.

The 3 was finally enjoying and laughing with each other. They read a dozen of comics and bought a few snacks and candies. Seungmin would sometimes glance at Stray Kids and see if anything happened but Minho and Hanna were still talking with each other. He was silently hoping that it wouldn't turn out good. But he had faith on Changbin and Hyunjin who was clearly eavesdropping beside the two.

Changbin caught Seungmin's gaze and he immediately gave him a thumbs up and a wary smile. Seungmin gave him a questioning look and Changbin just gestured to talk later.

"Okay I have no idea what that meant but I hope it was good sign." Seungmin mumbled aloud

"What did you say Puppy?" Jisung turned his head and glanced at the group on the sofa.

Seungmin was about to respond but Minho and Hanna stood up and walked towards the door. He immediately looked at Jisung and felt the pain in his eyes as his friend was looking at the two by the door.

Jisung was about to turn his back again but they heard Minho's voice saying good bye to Hanna and went back towards his friends by the sofa. Seungmin stood up and walk his way towards the group.

"What happened? Where is she going?"

"Oh. She has somewhere to go to." Minho responded without care.

"Was that your first date? And she ditched you just like that?" Seungmin said as he looked at the time. "It hasn't even been an hour and a half and she's out the door already? She didn't even eat the cake you bought her."

"I don't know. Was that a date? I don't think so. I'm just talking with her. That's it." Minho replied.

"You don't have to go to a fancy restaurant or somewhere nice to have a date. Sometimes when you're just hanging out you can consider it as a date already. But if you say that it's not for you then good, much better." Hyunjin said smiling.

"What happened with your talk then? Was she okay for you? Have you told her about your Mom?" Bang Chan asked.

"We heard everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. And they don't have anything in common either. From what I heard you are not compatible with the leech and I'm happy with it." Hyunjin said clapping his hands. "Don't you agree with me Changbin?"

"Minho's the only one who can answer that. Wanna talk about it?" Changbin asked.

"Maybe later? I really don't know what to feel right now. So I can't answer your questions either so why don't we continue the shoot instead? It's still early." Minho responded.

"Sure bud. Actually you don't have to tell us anything if you're uncomfortable. And just remember that whatever your decision is we are still gonna support you." Bang Chan comforted.

"Too corny Chan, stop it. Come on."

Jisung and Jeongin approached them after Seungmin called them for a talk. Jisung who was hesitant to approach complied eventually.

They decided to re-shoot the scene that Hanna interrupted earlier and took different shots and angles to fit Seungmin's standards. As they reviewed the clips, Hyunjin presented the shot he captured that Hanna interrupted, and to their surprise it was a decent cut. Seungmin was not in the frame, the lighting was natural and Jisung's expression when Hanna passed and the look he gave at them was astonishing. The feeling was raw and authentic. It felt somehow real. Too real.j

"Did you know Hanna was about to come Jisung? Your reaction really fit actually. We'll keep this. Good job Hyunjin, for the shot and prompting Jisung to continue." Bang Chan complimented.

"So we should re-shoot again aye? If we'll use this clip then this can be just one of the cuts that shows Jisung's everyday routine coming here. I already know how we will edit it and we need a lot of retake for this specific scene, with different costumes eventually. And we also need to shoot their first actual meet up. But I haven't asked you guys to bring some extra clothes so I think the scene we filmed earlier will be our last one for today. But if you guys do have some extra clothes right now with you for some reason then maybe we can continue." Bang Chan prompted.

"I have a few extra t-shirts at my car. I can change later, but what about Jisung?" Minho asked.

"I can go and buy some clothes for Jiji? It's been a long time since I haven't bought my bestfriend some gifts. And besides, I'll eventually buy him in the future so why not now since we kinda need it?" Jeongin suggested.

"Innie. No. I can make a quick trip to the house and get my clothes if you want guys? I mean Seungmin has a car and it's just a quick ride. No biggie." Jisung shrugged.

"Just stay here and I'll buy you right now. I saw a clothing store just a few blocks from here and you know me already Jiji, I won't take no for an answer. So let me. Who's gonna come with me then?"

"Why don't Jisung and Minho go then? I mean he has to fit the clothes he has to buy right? And they can like make a vlog about it. Yeah! That could work as a scene for the film! It's like filming a vlog for their "blooming relationship" in the film." Changbin suggested while teasingly raising his eyebrows.

"Great freaking idea love. And that sets a different mood for the audience. Why don't we make it a Minsung thing then? We can set a different tone for both couples. We filmed Minho and Hanna's scene at Hyunjin's house right and we filmed it in a classic movie frame. So why not make Minho and Sungie's more intimate, more different? More special! If they'll vlog it, it'll give a different feeling, a more emotional connection between the characters and I'm sure the audience will somehow share and feel that connection too. I mean why do we love watching vlogs in YouTube? We feel as if we were there too right? The connection between the content creator and the viewer is more attached. You get me guys? Please say you do. I really think it'll work." Felix suggested excitedly.

"Oh my god. You are both geniuses. This is a risky move but I can imagine it working but I don't know if we should trust them for the vlogging part with themselves. They have to make the camera angle nice, the aesthetic, the lighting, everything must be really good. I mean what if it'll be shakey or the angle is weird and the scenes they filmed will be ruined." Seungmin blurted out nervously.

"We need a little bit of faith in this two Seungmin. I mean all their scenes together don't have to be a vlog type, just think of it as Minsung Files for the film. And we are still the ones who will edit it. We can still choose what frames to add. And the vlogs can just be them having fun and spending time together. The important scenes will still be ours to shoot. I actually agree with Felix here in this specific scene, it'll be a different take for the audience." Bang Chan assures.

"Wait. You guys are being comfortable with calling us Minsung but I'm okay with it. I haven't experienced shooting a vlog but I think it's cool. Are you down to it Jisung? We'll have fun." Minho said while smiling at Jisung.

"Uhm, okay but it'll be just the two of us right? Can't Innie come with me? I mean he's my friend in the film too right?" Jisung said avoiding Minho's gaze.

"It's like your date in the story Jisung. You need to be alone and spend some time with each other. That's why you're doing a vlog type of shoot. You're friends already right? It's no biggie just think of it like spending some alone time with a partner. I mean you've spend a whole night together already." Changbin said with a serious tone but with a hint of teasing.

"But his girlfriend is gonna get mad." Jisung said in a low voice.

"In the film Squirrel? Well in the timeline of the vlog you're gonna shoot, Minho hyung and Hanna's character are gonna break up and that's why we are inserting your character in the story already. Oh or do you mean in real life? If you mean in real life then Minho' s the only one who can answer that then." Seungmin said smirking and looked at Changbin.

"I don't have a girlfriend Jisung, who are you talking about?"

"Hanna. Duh." Jisung said sulkily while his head down.

"She's not my girlfriend. And even if she is, I won't let her dictate who I want to be with. If you don't like her that much, I won't go out with her then. That's the main reason why I messaged you last night asking for advice but you didn't reply so I just decided for myself. And if you're avoiding me because I'll have a girlfriend then I'll choose to not have one then. Being in a relationship is not worth my time anyway." Minho said with sincerity while looking at Jisung. He then lift Jisung's chin and their eyes met.

Everything around them seemed to slow down. It felt like they were completely alone at the cafe.
The busy street and the murmuring customers were silenced. The only sound the two can hear was their throbbing hearbeat.

They were afraid that the other can hear it too but what they both didn't know was their heartbeat was in perfect sync, sharing the exact same echo that filled their own world.

And at that moment they knew, they somehow knew, they were exactly where they're needed to be. Home.

🌸
A/N: i cried while writing the last part. My heart is happy. I hope you guys are too.
Congratulations God's Menu for winning Best MV Award at AAA 2020. ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...