You Have My Heart

By lilasianthatcould8D

More

You Have My Heart
Chapter 1 - Friends For Now?
Chapter 2 - Confession Time
Chapter 3 - Is This A Dream?
Chapter 4 - Online Or Not?
Chapter 5 - The Truth
Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV
Chapter 7 - Why Now?
Chapter 8 - The Talk
Chapter 9 - Rest Of Them
Chapter 10 - Goodbye
Chapter 11 - The Drawing
Chapter 12 - Confusion
Chapter 13 - Questions
Chapter 14 - School
Chapter 15 - The C's
Chapter 16 - Fun
Chapter 18 - Phone Call Went Wrong
Chapter 19 - Heartbroken?
Chapter 20 - Another Door Opens
Chapter 21 - Drama
Chapter 22 - Attention
Chapter 23 - It Happened For a Reason
Chapter 24 - Talking it Out

Chapter 25 - Back to the Good Times

23 2 0
By lilasianthatcould8D

Hello fellow readers! Yes, I know it's been like, forever since I last updated, but here I am now! I really hope you like this chapter, I personally think it sucks, though. This story is just about over! Enjoy.

Chapter 25 - Destiny’s POV

The drive to New Jersey was a drag as road trips always were.  The usual bickering with my sister and worst sleeps were unavoidable.  But this was definitely worth it to see my buds.

We stopped by a few places to eat and pretty soon, we were minutes away from the hotel.  I was literally about to jump out of my seat, but Akira kept causing me to fret.

“I’m surprised you still want to see Caleb, even though you guys are awkward ex’s.  Are you going to tell him about Cameron?  What’s going on with your love life right now?” she taunted, giving me a sly smirk.

“Shut up.  Mom and Daddy might hear,” I hissed.  This was secret stuff that not everyone, especially my parents, didn’t need to know.

Unfortunately, Akira took this as a challenge.

“Mom, dad.”  They paused their conversation to listen.

“I don’t think we have time to stop by Ashlyn’s house.  We have to meet there at 1 and it’s already 11:50.”

“Hmm, that’s right.  But what about Destiny?”

“I guess she can watch me,” I saw the resemblance of a devil in her eyes as she spoke.

Immediately, I spoke up. “No, please!  I didn’t see my friends in forever!”

“Sorry honey, your sister can’t be late,” Daddy said.

“Well, how about after you drop Akira off, we can take Destiny there?  I think it’s fair she sees her friends,” my mother smiled sweetly.  I love how she understands me.

“Okay, fine,” my dad said hesitantly.

That was a close one.  

******

“1:30, right?” Ashlyn’s text read.  I was telling her to spread the word about me coming to her house.  I really wanted to see everyone!

“Yup!  Don’t forget to tell Caleb, kay?” my heart sped up with the thought of him.

“Sure thing girlie! ;D” she responded.  I could just imagine the teasing in her voice.

After a few moments, we finally pulled up into Ashlyn’s driveway.  My parents greeted her parents and would leave afterwards.  

I stepped into her house after politely speaking to them and screamed when I saw my best friend.

“Dude!” I shrieked, sprinting to squeeze her into the biggest hug imaginable.

“Destiny!  I missed you so much!” we hugged, then blended our words out a mile a minute.

“Same!  Where is everyone?” I asked, looking around.  I sure couldn’t wait until all my friends were here with me!

“They’re on their way.  But, oh my gosh.  Your hair grew so long!  I’m jealous.  You have to tell me every single thing that happened in Indiana!” she yapped.

We talked for about 10 minutes and one by one, people entered the house.  

It felt so nice to catch up with my old friends again.  It was amazing to let everything out.  

I gave everyone hugs, and I even piggybacked on Nathan’s back.  However, Caleb was in the back of my mind throughout.  I wonder if he’d even come, considering our history.  What if it was too painful for him to even see me?

“What’s up?” Kyle asked me, obviously seeing something wrong.  I love that about him - he could tell when something was bugging me.

“I just don’t know if Caleb’s going to bother showing up.  I mean, you know I broke up with him, so that makes it awkward for us.  What if he hates me now?  I probably torn his heart up.  I feel so bad about doing it.  You don’t understand.  I just-”

“Shh,” Kyle put a finger to my lips.  “It’s okay, I know you’re confused about everything.  I know you probably still like Caleb.  I know you feel empty without him.  Let me just assure you everything will be alright.”

“But how can it all be fine if he’s not here?” my lip trembled.  I worry too much.

“You have me.  Destiny, I’ll always be your best friend, okay?” he said very sincerely, wrapping an arm around me.  I rested a head on his shoulder.

“Okay.  I love you - like I brother of course,” I said, for the first time in ages.

“I love you too, like a sister,” he winked, causing a laugh.

“Hey, do you want to know a secret?” I randomly asked.  

“Sure.  Go ahead.”

“I used to like you.  A lot,” I admitted.  Who cares, it’s not like it matters anymore.  I was having a YOLO moment.  Besides, I wanted to see his reaction.

At first he didn’t say anything.  He just looked at me in disbelief.

“Really?” he breathed.  “Wow.  I, uh, never noticed.  If only I had known.”

“How did you not notice?  Didn’t I make it obvious enough?”

“I really didn’t know that.  How stupid am I?”

“Very.” I tickled his stomach.  “Silly you.  I kept trying to drop hints, but whatever.  I moved on.”

“Well, I used to like you too, as a matter of fact,” he said, as if nobody knew.

“Oh really,” sarcasm clear in my voice.  I smiled.  “You know, I’m just glad I have you as a friend.”

“True that!”

We sat peacefully for a little, while the rest were talking nonstop without us.  Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

Before either of us could budge, Caleb burst through the door.  His hair wasn’t spiked up as it usually was, he looked like he hasn’t slept all month.  His clothes were wrinkled and he looked painful.  As soon as he and I made eye contact, it seemed as if everything around us disappeared.

Caleb’s eyes held pure sadness in them.  I wanted for him to hold me in his arms.  I wanted to comfort him and tell him I didn’t mean to hurt him.

Instead, we said stared at each other, like breaking the gaze would end the world.

All I knew was that when I looked at him, I saw everything I needed.

***

Caleb’s POV

Looking at Destiny, man, she looked so vulnerable.  She looked a little different from the last time I saw her too.  

One thing for sure, she was the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen.  As soon as our eyes met, I never wanted to look at anyone else.  No one compared to her.  Destiny’s beautiful, inside and out.

I haven’t been thinking straight for the past few weeks, due to heartbreak.  Yes, I was still upset over our relationship.  Nobody would love her like I did.

I stepped forward, still not breaking the intense stare.  The only thing I wanted to do right now was hug the precious girl into the tightest hug imaginable.  I never wanted to let go either.

Destiny slowly stood up, separating herself from Kyle.  Hey, why was his arm around her?  Okay, I’ll worry about that later.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion.  When reality finally hit me, I realized Des was running towards me.  She looked kind of hesitant, until I nodded, confirming she could hug me.  I opened my arms and she leaped into them, wrapping her legs around my waist.

I held her so carefully, as if she could crack if I squeezed her too tight.  She gripped onto me and I stroked her hair.  I felt all eyes on us, but that didn’t matter.  I had the most beautiful girl in the world in my arms.

“God, I missed you,” a muffled whisper came from her.

“I missed everything about you,” I whispered back.

She giggled adorably, my favorite sound.

I decided to let her down so we could talk.  I shyly put my hands into my pockets.

“Let’s give them a moment,” I heard Ashlyn say and everyone followed her out of the room.

“So,” Destiny started.  I looked at her, wanting nothing but to be her boyfriend again.  I’ve wanted so much since we broke up.

“So,” I said awkwardly, almost tucking a hair behind her ear.  I need to control myself.  “Do you want this as badly as I do?” I accidently asked.

“What?” she questioned, probably making sure we were talking about the same thing.

“For you to be my girlfriend again.  Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” I asked slowly, heart about to jump out of my chest.  I wasn’t expecting myself to ask this.

“If you want, I mean you don’t have to answer that.  I didn’t even mean to ask.  I’m sorry.  It kinda just blurted out of my mouth, you know-”

Suddenly, I felt Destiny’s lips crash onto mine.

***

Destiny’s POV

After Caleb asked me to be his girlfriend, I couldn’t even breathe.  I was so happy.  But being the awkward self he is, he tried to take it back.

When he started stuttering and being anything that fits under the word “adorable,” I guess I couldn’t help myself. I went up on my tiptoes and kissed him.

The feeling was indescribable.  Everything felt so right at the moment, and I wouldn’t take it back for anything.

When we pulled apart, I stared into his green eyes.  Caleb took both of my hands.  “So would you like to be my girlfriend, again, my sweet?”

I nodded excitedly and he hugged me.  “I’m glad.  I couldn’t stand not being able to call you my girlfriend anymore.  I promise with all my heart, I will never cheat on you again.”

“Okay.  But if you do, I don’t have the patience to forgive you anymore,” I laughed, yet being serious overall.

“I just love you so much,” he picked me up and held me protectively.  “I learned my lesson, okay?”

“Okay.  I love you too by the way,” I smiled.  Caleb leaned in for a second kiss.

After it was over, I never felt happier in my life. I felt so complete, like all that heartbreak was worth it for this special moment.

“Oh, yeah.  Why was Kyle’s arm around you when I walked in?” Caleb asked suddenly.

“He was just comforting me.  I was afraid you wouldn’t come, after what happened between us.”

“Well I figured the only thing that could help mend my heart was to see you.  The only reason I was late was because of traffic issues.”

“I understand.  But I was really worried about you,” I confessed.

“It’s okay.  I’m here now, aren’t I?” he grinned.

“Yes you are!”

We talked for a little bit, until everyone came in the room again.

“Is there something going on between you two again?” Melody asked, noticing Caleb and I smiling and laughing with each other.

“Yep!” I exclaimed happily.  “Caleb and I are dating again.”

The whole group smiled at us.  “Aww, you guys!  You’re obviously meant to be.”  They showered us with compliments like that.

“How will I tell my parents?” I wondered out loud.  I’m ready to tell them.  16, almost 17, should be old enough to date.

“Just tell them.  It shouldn’t be too hard, right?  Don’t they like Caleb?” Nathan said.

“Uh, I guess they do.  I don’t really talk about dating with them though.”

Caleb grabbed my hand and gave me a close-mouth smile.  “I’ll be right beside you the whole time.”

“Hey, when are your parents coming?” Ashlyn asked.  I paused, trying to remember.

“Well, they’re going to watch Akira rehearse, but after it’s over they’re coming to get me.  Somewhere around 3, I guess,” I responded.

“Maybe when they arrive, we can all tell them.  They should be okay with it all,” she patted my back.

“Okay, then that’s settled.  I want some more pizza!” Kyle exclaimed.  He’s so weird.

We hung out for a bit more until the doorbell rang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724 1 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
31.9K 706 35
𝘠/𝘕 𝘓/𝘕, 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴- 𝘏𝘰�...
106 26 19
things I wish to say.
3.8K 804 169
There are so so so many typos and one day, I'll fix them all.....maybe