Dark Paradise | ✔︎

By sinfulxhaze

Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson... More

Characters
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chpater 38
Chpater 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter
Author's note
BOOK TWO

Chapter 16

19.4K 526 441
By sinfulxhaze

9 years ago

"I'm scared." My baby brother Théodore whines as he holds the gun.

"Seriously Théodore." I tease rolling my eyes.

"Relax, I'm here aren't I?"

"Yeah." He sighs.

I love Théodore but sometimes he acts like a baby chick that fell out of its nest. "Why do I have to do this? I hate guns."

"Well, when I was sixteen I already knew how to work a gun." I knew how to work a gun when I was five. Growing up with my grandparents was tough, especially with nonna, they would wake me up early in the morning to start training then go to school and come back to train again. But since I started at a young age I was familiar with how to balance both.

I still remember the first kill. I was six at the time when these two boys bullied me every day, I told

nonna but she said as a female everyone will take for granted the power you hold so I should show them what my capabilities are and make sure no man ever walks on me.

And I still take her advice to this day.

So I killed them a week later. It was the talk of the town and no one suspected it was me because I was only a seven-year-old church girl living with her 'innocent' grandparents in their eyes. Except for Nonna and Nonno, they knew. They were pissed but they got past it.

"When do you think mom and dad will be back?." Théodore questions. "Don't worry about them, focus," I demand, snapping my finger toward the dummy across the yard.

"What do I do?"

"Pull the trigger." I simply say. "Wow, you're such a great teacher," Théodore exclaims. "I know, now pull the trigger."

Théodore pulled the trigger and he missed the mark. "Wow."

"Your terrible baby bro." I tease messing up his hair. "Stop." He whines while he tries to push me away.

"Oh, come on." I giggle

"I said stop Gabriella!" He snaps. I step back and silently stare at him while he states unblinking and chest rising up and down.

"I'm not a child anymore."

"I've grown, you guys should stop treating me like a child."

"Théodore I-" I try to touch his right arm but he quickly jerks away. "Let's continue with the lesson."

9 years later

"Put the gun down." He declared.

I cocked my head to the side and studied him in a calculated way.

"You've changed."

"So have you." He says staring deep into my eyes.

There's always someone who has impacted your personality, either they are the cause of your weakness, or they know your weakness. Being part of the Mafia, I wasn't stressed about anyone finding my weakness because I was my own weakness.

Everything I've ever loved and cared for, either left or they were taken from me.

He took a few steps closer to me with his gun still pointed toward me.

"Put it down, before I make you." He challenged. "Is that a threat?" I protested.

He smirked then pulled the trigger aiming for the chair behind me, I chuckled darkly and then kicked the gun out of his hands.

Theo pulls out a gun from his pants and fires again and I dodge. I curled my hand into a fist, my fist hit the bridge of his nose. His blood splattered all over the floor.

Theo's face warps with anger and he attacks, fist flying at furious speed, connecting with my gut.

I groan, returning the favor. I jab him in the gut and he stumbles back.

His gaze shifted to the gun beside me, I quickly kicked the gun and it spun across the floor.

He wiped the blood from his nose with the back of his hand then sprinted toward me, with immediate effect I knocked him over and we both fell to the ground. He warped his arm around my neck, crushing my windpipe.

I gasped for air as tears welled up in my eyes.

I struggled to get up, turning my head I noticed a piece of glass, struggling to reach it, I stretched my arm out further and grabbed the glass, cutting Theo on the cheek. He let me go and hissed in pain.

I coughed violently and stood on my feet

As Theo lay on the floor, his face now bloodied. I yanked the sheet that covered the lamp and then wrapped it around his neck, choking him with it. He grabbed my arms, placed his legs in between my thighs, and threw me across the room, my body slammed against the door frame.

That will leave an ugly bruise.

I groaned as I felt discomfort in my ribs.

As I panted for air, Theo and I got up at the same time, glaring at each other.

He grabbed the gun on the floor and cocked it, pointing it toward me.

"Son of a bitch." I breathed.

I sprinted across the hallway, avoiding the 4 rounds he shot.

Theo grabbed anything he could find and threw it at me, I dodged them all.

I duck down behind the door to catch my bread.

That motherfucker is strong.

Just then, I felt strong arms snake around my neck, blocking my windpipe.

Two can play that game.

I wrapped my legs around his neck and twisted his left arm, he gasped for air.

We locked eyes as we violently choked each other.

Tears welled up in our eyes, our faces red as a tomato.

When I started to see white spots, he lifted his right hand and spoke.

"Truce."

"Truce," I replied and let him go.

We both coughed violently and glared at each other.

I rolled to my side and laid on my back, trying to catch my breath.

"Such sweet emotions we expressed during our family reunion." He said sarcastically.

"Haha."

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the ground, dusting the dirt off my clothes.

"Why did you send the picture Théodore?"

I watched him as he stood up and dusted himself.

He is taller, and much more muscular with a man-bun and I notice he has a full arm tattoo.

"I need your help." He said.

I scoff.

"You ran away after mama and papa were killed, showed up out of the blue, and asked for my help." I trailed off.

"How did you know you could trust me?"

"I didn't," He said, ripping his grey t-shirt and using it as a bandage to cover his wound.

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"But, I'm willing to take the risk and after that fight. I know you haven't changed."

"Where have you been?" I questioned. He groaned, throwing his head back, and rolled his eyes. "So many questions, Gabriella."

I scoff. "Well, I can't just help you. I need answers." Bending down I grabbed my gun and tucked it in my jeans.

"Well, when I left then-."

Théodore was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I noticed that my phone wasn't in my pocket.

My eyes searched the room.

"Here," Théodore said as he picked up my phone under the table and handed it to me.

Must have fallen out of my pocket while fighting Theo.

I thanked him and took my phone. I was disappointed when I noticed the screen was cracked.

I read the ID caller and accepted the call.

It's Oscar.

"Yes."

"Boss, you have to come back now." I hear Chiara over the line being surprised yet panicked. "Why," I question facing Théodore.

"Giovanni Carson is dead."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm not sure if some of you noticed but the fighting scene between Gabriella and Theo was inspired by a fighting scene in Black Widow.  If you've watched the movie then you know which scene I'm talking about. :)

(I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet)

I LOVE YOU ALL, TAKE CARE!
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.7K 1.1K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...
153K 2.7K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
3.4M 84K 75
Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known. Her hourglass figure and glowing grey ey...
3.2K 96 18
Aurelia grew up without much love from her mother, and she never thought her real dad would ever come into her life. But then, he did. Now, she wonde...