Royal Thief (Editing)

By lhiizzy

Annabelle, a Mexican-American is a pickpocket who steals from anyone to survive and fend for her sick mum. Su... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author Note.

Chapter 54

95 13 1
By lhiizzy

Logan

Just one more night.

The selfishness and urge to possess her again had me biting down my lips as I moved to her sleeping form which was wrapped in my sheet, with her back turned to me. Her position was perfect for cuddling.

Maybe one more night will cure the madness, maybe another would make all I say right.

Maybe, just maybe.

I leaned and placed a kiss on her cheeks before strolling to the shower.  If truly I desire the whole day with her, I needed all her schedule including her session with mum cancelled.

And that was the plan.

**

Annabelle

Few minutes after he walked out, I threw the sheet off my naked body, jumped from the bed, and rushed to my dress which was sprayed out on the sofa.

Hours back, the thought of what we did would have caused an alarming spring of excitement, but not now. Now, all I wanted was to get away from him, fix my shit and get back into the game with no melting candle emotions pulling my feet.

Seconds after getting dressed, I walked out of his room in hopes our path didn't cross. But my wish was greatly ignored by the goddess of favour as I came to a stop before my most dreaded enemy.

"And if it ain't the royal slut," she said with a lovely smile concealing the evil in her heart.

"I am not a slut and I need you to stay the fuck away from me," I said, as hatred mixed with confusion had me loaded and ready to explode.

"I was about to say the same sweetheart. I don't know how you did it but the lighter you took was a gift from a dead friend and I need it tonight." She paused. "Also, I don't joke with gifts and threats," She continued with a smiled.

Her smile was a quick sand that exacerbated my irritation. It was clear she was sick but sadly, no one saw this...no one but I. Not ready to fall into her netted trap of fear, I gushed my anger in two words. "Fuck you."

Feed up and feeling the need to say more, I took a step closer to the lady dressed in jeans and a green chiffon shirt. "You know what? Fuck you...fuck your gun...fuck your lame threat. All I need is a little time bitch...just a little time and all your shit will be out there," I sneered between my teeth as I started directing into her eyes

"And the bird is out of her net... No more hiding boo? Well, nice choice darling," she whispered and walked past still wearing her wide cheek grin that cost a creepy chill in the air, causing all hairs on my skin to crawl from their shell.

***

"Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey," I mumbled, as he closed my door and stood before me.

The space between us was as thin as a thread that I felt tempted to hug him, tempted to tiptoe and kiss him. But all my temptations were buried as my fingers rolled into a fist, fitting to cause damage to his perfectly sharp nose sculptured on his unshaved face.

"I cancelled your session with mum." He tried caressing my cheeks but I took a step backward letting his hands drop from their romantic attempt.

"Ok."

Staring intensively into my eyes, he placed his hands into his trousers pocket. "I will love to spend the rest of the day with you...like last night."

I wish I can plug your eyes out.

"For the sake of both our sanity...No Logan," I said, going for a less violent response.

"What do mean?" His brows were raised as he stared with innocence when I knew it was all pretence.

"You can drop the act please... I honestly need space as much as you do... But what is killing me is why didn't you tell me? You could have said something." I folded my hands and struck a defensive pose with my left leg in front and my head tilted to the left. "I was an extra burden to you and you said nothing."

"Belle-"

"Don't call me that. My name is Annabelle. And Logan...I am here for business, we have nothing and even if we do it is meaningless," I repeated his words.

His lips parted like a cave path that led to ancient treasures, his perfect blue eyes grew soo wide they could roll on the carpet any seconds.

"Stay away and tell your ex to do the same." With that, I turned and left him standing in my room while I wandered out to find my peace.

***

Logan.

I sat on the red leather sofa before Aaron who arrived the empty restaurant minutes before I did. It was clear orders were given and the restaurant was cleared for the hours of our meeting. Thus, no stuff was seen wandering around.

All I needed was a brief explanation on phone but my assistant was more determined to have me leave the castle to the restaurant with a garden setting.

"I still believe the castle would be perfect for any update," I said, staring at the flower vase filled with Daisy's on the empty table beside us.

"Not for this your highness."

"Why so?" I inquired my thoughts only on my encounter with Annabelle. I knew she heard my call this morning and I felt guilt, ashamed and scared but I wasn't sure why I was scared.

"I read through the dossier provided by the private detective and had to book an appointment with a specialist in the field. A therapist to give an in-depth explanation."

"Why?" I turned, sharply.

He brought a file from his briefcase and past it to me. On it was Eve's name boldly written with a blue marker.

Not interested in reading a hundred-page report of my ex-lover, I pushed the file to him with the tips of my fingers. "Tell me about it."

"According to this... At an early age, Eva was diagnosed with a disorder called Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. This disorder was classified as Intrusive thought under which she was deduced with violent Intrusive thought...A reoccurring urge for violence or thoughts of violent act."

I felt a loud thump in my head as I leaned forward with both hands now resting on the desk before us. "And these are all in the file?"

"Yes. But there is more."

I folded my sleeves, restless by the thought of more unfortunate news or more betrayal from her part. I couldn't believe she kept such relevant information away for months. "Go on," I said.

"At the age of ten she started therapy but during this period, she lost her mum. Your highness, it was withing this crisis she found art which helped with her obsessive thought and calmed her anxiety."

She lied.

I shook my head, remembering her narration on how she found art with her mum who was also an artist.

"Things didn't go well for the child after her mum's death. She was reportedly raped by her Dad who died from a gunshot days after molesting his child. This led to her phobia... But a more striking discover was when his death was linked to the child who claimed to remember nothing."

"Was there further report on that case?"

"As I said, she went blank and only communicated with her drawing but her fingerprint was found on the pistol," he replied. "Months after treatment and therapies, she moved to Alaska with her aunt who saw her through her education. But..."

"But?" I was impatient. All the months we spent together, she created a loving picture of a perfect family, emphasizing on her dad who was a bright morning star to her. When he was a beast deserving a more painful death.

"There was a fight...When she clocked fourteen she began coming out of her shell, not until she got into an exchange with her neighbour's daughter who was found died a week after from a gunshot in her head... No claim or connection to Eva."

"My God," I whispered calculating all he said and sliding them into a puzzle board.

"Very important Your Highness, her condition is one were the patient get irritated by the Obsessive thoughts bu-"

"I know about such condition but can she truly act on such activities?"

"That is why I got a specialist to give advice. I was scared this might come up."

"Get him."

"It's a she."

***

"Don't be mistaken your highness but we all have this violent thought sometimes. A minute of craziness. But in her case, she is irritated by her thoughts," Doctor Mary Eli said, adjusting her glasses and moving her grey hair that fell on her black suit.

"Very much irritated they try to avoid any objections that trigger such thought. They tend to avoid public places and most times relating with other humans"

"She gave out a threat is there a chance she can act on this?" I was alerted more than a watch guide protecting the last gold on Earth. I felt sweat rolled down my back merging with my shirt as I waited for her reply.

"Every threat should and must be taken with seriousness notwithstanding who it can from. If you are asking if she can act on her threat despiting being irritated...Then yes. If pushed or if there is a threat to her life, plans or well being then she will... Anyone in her shoe will try defending themselves.  so yes."

I ran my hands through my hair, wishing Annabelle made do with cutting my hair. Wishing I did my research sooner.

Pulling the file which was opened before Doctor Mary Eli, I let my eyes wander to a picture of teenage Eva with her long black hair rolled in a bun.

"Will she kill?" I inquired staring into the eyes of teenage Eva.

"I can't give a definite answer but there is a possibility."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285 31 34
A beautiful thief steals from a young Prince, but what she doesn't expect is for the Prince to steal her heart in return. Jezamine has one mission: s...
2K 127 55
*Completed* Annabelle Easton, a nineteen year old with her future planned out by wealth, ran head first into the biggest mistake of her life. Annie'...
1.7M 47.5K 21
"My name is Rashiq Salim bin Fiqri Zafar, Crown Prince of Arandia and I need your help." "I'm sorry, did you say prince?" "Yes, and you, Ms. Walker...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...