Valkyrie: Life of a Warrior

MarvelDan6 tarafından

JJ's simple life had always centered around caring for herself, attending classes, and none other than her si... Daha Fazla

#prologue
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
#31
#32
#33
#34
#35
#36
#37
#38
#39
#40
#41
#42
#43
#44
#45
#46
#47
#48
#49
#50
#52
#53
#54
#55
#56
#57
#58
#59
#60
#61
#62
#63
#64
#65
#66
#67
#68
#69
#70

#51

146 22 101
MarvelDan6 tarafından

Uneasy. That's how I felt. I didn't know why, but I was very skeptical.

We were sitting around a squared table. Alpha sat at the head of the table, while Dean sat opposite him. Chief Oba, the doctor, the twins, Benji, and I occupied the other seats.

"You should start speaking now," Dean announced.

After getting affirmation from Alpha, Chief Oba began. " First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss, we understand how much pain it is to lose someone dear to us, but it must feel much more since she was your imprint."

At his proclamation, whispers broke out on the table. "What do you mean imprint?" Benji asked. " What? But how? Anna questioned.

I was confused by all these, what did he mean by imprint? They all looked nervous, all except Alpha and Dean. While Alpha looked at me like I was heaven-sent, Dean looked at me as if he had found the missing piece to his puzzle. He stared at me as if he found my deepest secret, and with the sly smile on his lips, I knew that whatever he was thinking wasn't a good thing.

"I don't understand, what is an imprint?" I asked.

It was Lily that spoke next. " We werewolves believe in the power of a bond. And there are different types of bonds, with different strengths and abilities attached to it.

Every werewolf is connected through a bond, which is called a werewolf bond. But this is the weakest bond. Though we all are connected through that bond, we don't share anything, we can't even mind-link with another pack except through a new bond."

"What's a mind-link?"

"It's communicating through the mind, instead of talking out loud, we can simply talk through the mind. And that is where the pack bond comes into place.

There are a total of four packs in the werewolf kingdom all headed by the Alpha and Luna of said packs. Each member of a pack is connected through the pack bond, we all can freely communicate through the mind link, and we all feel each other, if ever something happens to either of us, we would be able to feel it if said person permits it."

"Wow, okay, let me get it straight. If I was your pack member, and I fell and injured my knee, you all would feel it?"

"Well... no. We won't feel your knee injury, only the discomfort, and fear it causes you, meaning when a pack member is in real danger, anyone in the pack can feel it and come to his or her aid."

"Cool!" I replied impressively.

"It's similar to the Valkyries, only that for Valkyries, it's just pain that can be felt."

"What?" I turned to Dean to question him.

After exhaling a long sigh he spoke. "The Elders are the highest authority, so if one of them is in an impossible, immense pain, we all feel that pain greatly. Then the kings and queens of the different dynasties are next, the higher up you are, the more your pain is felt. The greater the pain, the more Valkyries feel it."

"So you mean if I should cut your finger there are some Valkyries that would feel the pain?"

"No, no one but I would feel it. When I talk of pain, I mean a great deal, it mostly isn't physical pain, and the pain has to be one which I cannot bear, only if it exceeds my strength do others feel it. Just so you know, no pain is above my strength."

"Tsk tsk..."

I scoffed at him and turned to the others, he just had to have a big ego. He should just wait and see, when I'm done with him, the whole of Valhalla will feel his pain.

Lily and the others were laughing when I turned to them, but a stern glare at Lily shut her up.

Clearing her throat she went on. " The next bond is the family bond. This is one of the tightest bonds and one of the hardest to break, the bond of blood relation is powerful, but that of a family is almost impossible to break, only a very powerful Alpha can do that. Only two Alphas in history have broken that bond before." It was as if the moment she mentioned that, she realized it was a mistake because the whole table became so quiet that I could hear my beating heart loud and clear.

Alpha Andrew clenched his jaw so hard it looked like it would break any moment. Lily had her eyes in a glaze, and she stared intently at her mate, Alpha Andrew. The others all had their heads down, and I knew that it was a touchy subject.

It was either Alpha had once broken a family bond before, or it was his family's bond that was broken or both.

Before anyone could do or say anything, Alpha stood up with a grunt and walked out, then Lily stood up and followed him out.

"So what's the next bond?" I asked, trying to diffuse the situation.

Chief Oba answered me this time around. " The next is the mate bond. It is a bond between two mates or two soulmates. This is the dearest bond to all werewolves, even though it's not the most powerful, it was and would remain the strongest bond. A bond between two mates can never be broken, it only stops through death or turning rogue. Separating two mates is like breaking a soul. That is why, whenever a werewolf loses their mate, they either turn rogue or die altogether."

As if that was an introduction, the door opened and the Alpha and his mate Lily strolled back in with smiles on their faces and a very deep blush on the chicks of Lily. And as if it wasn't enough, Anna had to point out the smeared lipstick on the Alphas lips as well as the disheveled hair on Lily's head.

"Well... that was fast," Benji exclaimed, while Lily blushed some more.

"Hey, rascal! Shut your trap right now!" Alpha Andrew said with a playful glare.

"Of course, Alpha," Benji replied with a wiggle of his brows.

"So where we're we," Lily asked.

"We are finished with the mate bond," I replied.

"Okay, then we have the bond between the Luna and pack members."

"Luna?"

"Yeah, Luna is the Alpha's mate."

"So you are a Luna?"

"Yes. So a bond between Luna and her pack is very strong, Luna's are considered a mother figure to all werewolves. So it is just like a connection between a mother and her children." As she spoke, I could see the way they all looked at her with pride, the Alpha looked directly at her eyes with a glaze, and the flush on her cheeks was evident.

"The bond between the Alpha and the pack is next, The connection between the Alpha and the members is like a one-sided one, in which the Alpha has power over the pack members, but the members do not have power over him. He can give orders through what we call the 'Alphas order', his love for the pack is shared deeply through the bond, and he is the strength and weakness of the pack."

"Wow! This is deep. But how is this connected to me exactly?"

She was quiet for a short period. "I'm getting there JJ."

"The next bond is that of the human part of us and our wolf, it is not impossible to separate that bond, but it is demonic. The bond between the two parts of us are inseparable, we can't function without our wolf, and they can't function without us. They feel what we feel and we feel what they feel, they are us, and we are them. That is why we are not called wolf and human, but a werewolf. We are the same person."

I deeply understood what she meant, I had something of that nature, even though we weren't as closely related as them but I felt everything that Cicero felt, and I'm sure she also feels everything I feel. But I was certain without any doubt that I wasn't a werewolf, I don't know why I was very sure, but I knew I or Cicero wasn't a werewolf.

"That brings us to the final bond," she continued. "That is the bond formed by an imprint. It is the rarest of all bonds and not many werewolves are given the privilege to have that bond. It is formed when a wolf finds another wolf who bears the same soul. It isn't like that of a mate, a mate finds the other half of its soul. But an imprint finds the replica of its soul, meaning that during your stay in the enemies camp, you had found a replica of your soul, someone who wasn't you but had the replica of you."

I was meant to have been confused by what she said, but for some strange reason, I completely understood. But she was very wrong, the person who had found her imprint wasn't me, the person who had found and also lost her imprint was Cicero.

And it was at this precise moment that I remembered something very important. I remembered my dream if it was even to be called a dream. The woman in white spoke of a gift which I was given. And the man who tortured me said Alexa had a gift which he had to get from her. Since Alexa had the same soul as Cicero and Cicero always insisted that we were the same person, did that mean that I had the gift which Mr. Squeaky voice wanted? Or am I becoming a psycho?

"I have a question! If you have an imprint, and let's say, said imprint has a gift or power, will you also have the same gift?"

They all looked surprised by my question. Dean looked at me with raised brows and stared intently at me as if trying to read my thoughts.

"I expected you to still be confused or try to deny it or even think of us as lunatics, but it seems you believed us quickly," Alpha stated.

"Yes, please answer my question," I rushed out, I needed to confirm my speculation quickly.

The Oba looked at me in thoughts before answering. " It depends. If you are a replica of someone you should have the same features, but since it's a replica of souls you would have the opposite gift of the other soul, meaning if your imprint had firepower, you will have water."

So I was wrong, I was grateful for that, I couldn't have some enemies chasing after me for a mysterious gift.

"But that gift passes to the other imprint if and only if one passes away, so what I mean is that if you were a werewolf you should have bore the gift of your imprint now."

"What!" I screamed and stood up, startling everyone present."You mean to say, that I have both her gift and mine?"

"So you do have a gift?" Dean questioned.

"No I don't, just supposing I have one, will I bear them both."

"Yes, you might. But don't be alarmed, you are not a werewolf so it is highly doubtful that you bear her gift. What gift did she bear?" The doctor replied.

"She was a soul bender," Dean announced, making everyone on the table freeze.

Then a loud below followed. "What do you mean she was a soul bender?" Alpha asked roughly with a fit of evident anger showing through his red eyes.

I shrank back to my seat when all eyes turned to look at me.

"The prophecy. It speaks of a lost but found soul, a soul that shouldn't step out of a circle. What could this mean?" Oba asked loudly.

I could only stare in shock at him, for I had heard those same words, not once, but many times before in my dreams.

But even worse was what Dean said after.

"A soul that had been wrong before, and shouldn't be wrong again."

My loud gasp alerted every one of my knowledge of these words, but before anyone could say anything the door opened and a man stepped in.

"Alpha, there are visitors at the pack boundary, they say they are from Valhalla."

________________________________________________________

Hello psychos. How are you all doing?

I know it's been a while. But I will soon be fully active again.

How did you like this chapter?

Please comment and vote

Signing out

Psycho queen

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.7K 36 12
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
1.4K 152 25
All legends are made somewhere. Kings become iconic based on their rule, nations earn it through revolutions, and warriors win it through war. Scars...
623 36 15
A Wyrderworld Tale - VERY MATURE CONTENT - COMPLETE - first draft ~~ In a world of mythics, the gods have fallen a long way. The monsters, well, they...
302K 16.4K 30
Ray has one goal in life; to survive long enough to age out of the foster care system, and she has been using her unique Gifts to keep any unwanted a...