My One True Love, Trunks Brie...

By Shinedownlover560

Rosamoona Hokusai is as normal as a Half-Human, Half-Saiyan child could be. She and her parents (Goku and Chi... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Tournament Contestants
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Name Change?

Chapter Forty-Four

640 19 2
By Shinedownlover560

"Right. No, of course. Mom, look we'll be there in like ten minutes, okay? It'll be fine."

I sighed, moving my phone to the dresser so I could put my hair up. I clicked the speaker button and Mom's voice filled the space of my room.

"It's not fine because you three should be here already!" I could hear the impatiences in her voice and a mental picture of her half yelling into the phone popped into my head. I sighed again, finishing gathering most of my hair into a bun.

"Look, I already told you why I stayed behind. It's not like I made Trunks and Nate stay with me. Anyway, look, I'm getting ready to leave. I'll even teleport us to the arena if you want."

This time, Mom sighed. "No, no. I don't want to risk you guys getting caught. Just get here soon. I don't know how many more openings they're going to have..."

I chuckled. "Mom, I'm fairly certain the announcer guy already has us all down. I don't need to worry about signing up." As I talked, I grabbed my phone, did a double check to make sure I had everything, and left my room. I couldn't help the silly grin that plastered itself on my face as I walked down the familiar halls of my old house here in Japan. It's where I had been staying for the past week or so while we waited anxiously for the tournament to start.

Which is what Mom was getting on me about at the moment. Everyone else in our group was already at the arena, signed in and waiting for it to start. I, along with Trunks and Nate, was still at the house.

I had wanted to wait for Mom to leave so I could surprise her by wearing one of her old outfits that she had when she was my age. The shirt - which was more like a short dress - was a light teal color. The sleeves stopped right above my shoulders, exposing a few of the scars I had aquired from my many years of fighting Baby. The shirt ended about mid thigh, with a slit on the right side. I wore white slacks under it, made from a soft, cottony material. The shirt was a light silk, making it shimmer slightly in the sunlight. I added my own accessory to the outfit, a pair of orange gloves that fit over my middle finger. I wore no shoes, which is what I preferred.

"Still, I know how excited you and boys are for this. I just don't want you to miss it."

"I can stop time, remember?" I laughed again. "Mom, I swear, it'll be fine. We're getting ready to go. See you there. Love you." I hung up after she replied.

"Well, it's about time, Ginger! I thought we were gonna be here all day!" Nate teased as I reached the bottom of the stairs. He was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt with black lines on it. It kinda reminded me of something you'd see in an action movie.

He and Trunks, who was wearing a simple black tank top with his long hair pulled back, were sitting in the kitchen, watching cartoons on the tv. Japanese cartoons. That neither of them seemed to understand. It was rather funny.

"Oh, you sound just like my mom," I said, waving it off. Trunks smiled, taking in my outfit.

"Chi-Chi actually wore that at one time?" my fiance asked, amusement in his voice. I nodded.

"There was a time all of Mom's clothes looked like this. But, when we started hunting Baby, she traded them in for more... universal clothes."

"I can't see it," Nate chuckled. I shrugged.

"Anyway, let's get a move on! Mom is already having a panic attack since we're not there. Plus, I'm too excited to stay here any longer." I reached for the remote, turning off the tv. Nate and Trunks stood up from where the sat at the kitchen table, both of them grinning.

In no time, we were in the air, flying over the countryside. It didn't take long for the houses to move closer together, going from small towns, to the suburbs outside West City, to the city itself. Though I had been "home" for a week, I still felt the excitement of entering the city, as if each time was the first.

I took a deep breath, the scents entering my nose. Street food vendors, restaurants, even the car fumes made me more giddy than I already was. We were up high enough that the people wouldn't spot us, but given my Saiyan vision, I could see a lot of them.

Only minutes passed before I spotted the top of the West City arena complex where the tournament was being held. Old memories played out in my head from the last time I was here, about eleven years ago. I smiled at the good ones, pushing all the bad ones about Buu and Babidi out. This was a different day, a different life, even.

"Pigeon! Hey, where are we landing?" I heard Trunks call. And from the sound of his voice, it wasn't the first time. 

"Behind the stadium, where all the equipment trucks are," I replied, pointing. "We won't be seen and then we can just walk around front." Trunks and Nate nodded, dropping towards where I had indicated. I followed right behind them.

The moment our feet touched the blacktop, I was already dragging my friends along to get to where the sign in was at. They laughed at my excitement, causing me to grin. Thankfully, when we got there, the line was very short. It took us a few short moments before we were at the front.

"Name please," a man asked, pen in hand. He looked up at Nate, who was first in line.

"Nate Matthews," my blond friend replied. The man looked at his paper, then back at Trunks and I.

"Would you two happen to be Trunks Briefs and Rosamoona Hokusai?"

I nodded, ignoring Trunks' look of surprise. "Yessir, that's us!"

The man smiled. "It appears you've already been signed in. You can go on in." I grinned.

"Thanks! Have a good day!" I didn't wait for an answer, grabbing Trunks and Nate and once more pulling them along beside me. We went around the desk, passing under the stone archway, and into the complex.

Immediately, we were surrounded by people, both spectators and contestants alike. Trunks and Nate looked around in awe. I smirked. Still pulling them with me, I started to look around for Mom and the others.

"They should be around here somewhere..." I muttered, craning my neck to see above some of the taller people. Then, to my left, I heard someone call my name.

"Rosey! Over here!" I looked over to see Bulla standing on her tip toes, waving her arms in order to get my attention. Grinning, I changed my course, still dragging the boys behind me.

"Finally! I thought Chi-Chi was gonna kill someone!" she says when the three of us reach her. "Us included!"

I laughed. "Well now she can calm down. And look! Still in time for the tournament!"

"Yeah, well try telling that to her!" Bulla move some of her hair out of her face as she says this. She had recently gotten it styled in a side mohawk. I think it looked really good on her.

"Where's everyone else?" Nate asked

"They're over with Videl's dad in his little building thing," Bulla replies. Then, lowering her voice, she adds, "He's really weird... He does realize we could all beat him with our pinky fingers, right?"

I laughed. "Ever since Buu. But he has to 'keep up his appearance' or whatever he it is he says," I answer. "It's actually pretty funny."

"I almost feel sorry for Videl whenever he starts talking," Bulla states, sighing as she turns around. "Anyway, we're to meet them there. Apparently, there's something the 'World Champ' wants to tell us." Trunks, Nate and I nodded, following the blue-haired girl through the crowd. When we reached Hercule's hut, we walked right in as if we owned it.

The building was larger than it looked. Especially since it was able to hold my very large group with no difficulties. Everyone was chatting and laughing, picking at hors d'oeuvres that were laid out on a long table. Heads turned towards us as we walked in.

"Well it's about time! We've been waiting forever!" Hercule exclaims, crossing his arms over his chest. I rolled my eyes. Despite everything, he was a nice guy. Just impatient. And overly cocky. Kinda like Vegeta.

I heard a gasp and suddenly Mom was in front of me. Her eyes were wide, surprise fill every inch.

"Moona... Where did you find that...?" she asked, staring at the outfit I wore. I smiled.

"It was in the attic, buried behind a lot of boxes. I just happened to stumble across it earlier in the week when I got here. That's why I was late. I wanted to surprise you."

Memories clouded her eyes, but somehow my mother still saw me. She smiled warmly, pulling me into a hug.

"It's a wonderful surprise, honey. Thank you." I hugged her back, still smiling.

"Well, now that we're all caught up," Hercule says as Mom and I pull apart. "We can get onto what's really important!"

"Which is what, exactly?" Marron asked. Like Bulla, she had recently got her hair cut. It looked good short.

"I have a very important announcement!" Hercule stands up straight, placing his hands on his hips. "In light of recent events, I've realized that I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm 'over the hill', if you will." He paused for a moment, looking at us all before continuing. "Now, I'm sure you're all wondering what I'm going on about. Well, Imma tell ya!" Another pause, this one seemingly more for dramatic effect.

Finally, when I was about to open my mouth as ask what this announcement was, Hercule spit it out.

"I'm retiring after this tournament! I won't be fighting 'till the last round, and whoever beats me will take my title!"

We were quiet for a moment before Videl broke the silence.

"Dad-" But Hercule didn't let her finish.

"I just wanted to tell ya guys first, considering a lotta of ya are my family and that you're all the most likely to get far enough to beat me! So good luck to all of ya and see the winner in the ring!" With that, he crossed his arms again, sitting back down, a triumphant smirk on his face.

"Wow! This is great!" Dad says. "No offence, Hercule, but this just adds to the excitement!" There were nods and mumbles of agreement all around.

"What made you wanna retire, Gramps?" Gaea asked, going over to her grandfather and sitting next to him.

"Oh, well, like I just said, Pancake, it's 'cause I realized that I'm not as young as I once was!" Was it just me, or did the champ's neck and ears turn red when he said that?

A knock at the door turned our attention away from Hercule. Tarble, who was the closest, opened it, stepping aside to let the newcomer in. The announcer grinned, waving enthusiastically at all of us.

"Hey, guys! I'm glad to see you all - and then some - made it! This is gonna be awesome!"

His grin spread through us like wildfire, excitement like a virus. Not being able to sit still anymore, I stood up, hopping from foot to foot.

"Thanks! As I'm sure you can tell, the lot of us is excited to be here!" Gohan replies for us. I nodded vigorously.

"Good! I'm glad! Anyway, I just wanted to come by and wish you luck! I know you'll all do great!"

Thank-yous were said as the announcer backed towards the doorway. "I'll see you outside in a few moments! You'd better get ready!" With that he left, leaving the door open behind him.

My group fell silent, all listening for the words we'd been waiting for for a while now.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer's voice rang loud and clear through the intercom system in the room. I could hear it echoing around outside as well. "The 28th World Martial Arts Tournament will begin shortly!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

890 14 8
A sequel for "My Love For An Android". It's been three months since the Cell games. All this time, Cell was enjoying dating Iroka. Goku, Vegeta and a...
47.6K 675 20
She is older then most of the rest of her race. She comes from the time of the first Super Saiyan God, Yamoshi. He taught her how to go Super Saiyan...
94.3K 1.7K 43
( Completed ) Gohan has just defeated Cell and is grieving over his father's death. He just wants to be in his room alone. Vegeta is also mad abou...
56.9K 1.3K 33
When Goku died of the Heart Virus, his only daughter, Rosamoona, was only one. Six months later, the Androids attack and kill the rest of the Z Fight...