The Runt & The Alpha

Por WaattyAriiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Altho... Más

‼️Author's Note‼️
• Cast List •
• Cast List 2 •
Chapter 1- Layla Anderson.
Chapter 2- Landon Carter.
Chapter 3- Mate.
Chapter 4- Mine.
Chapter 5- Doctor.
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.
Chapter 7- My Room.
Chapter 8- She's Perfect.
Chapter 9- Layla's Past.
Chapter 10- Her Battle's.
Chapter 11- Moon Goddess.
Chapter 12- Landon's Time.
Chapter 13- You're okay.
Chapter 14- His Office.
Chapter 15- Sara.
Chapter 16- Luna.
Chapter 17- Too Late.
Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.
Chapter 19- Mia.
Chapter 20- Bad person.
Chapter 21- Storm & Pain.
Chapter 22- Blurred Emotions.
Chapter 23- Zach.
Chapter 24- The talk.
Chapter 25- Thank You.
Chapter 26- Happy.
Chapter 27- Me.
Chapter 28- More.
Chapter 29- It's Okay.
Chapter 30- Animal Farm.
Chapter 31- William.
Chapter 32- I Knew It.
Chapter 33- Say It Again.
Chapter 34- Brad.
Chapter 35- I Did It.
Chapter 36- Then Don't.
Chapter 37- You're My First.
‼️Announcement‼️
Chapter 38- I Want Her.
Chapter 39- Layla's Day Out.
Chapter 40- Unexpected Events.
Chapter 41- Love.
Chapter 42- Forever.
Chapter 43- The Luna.
Chapter 44- In Love.
Chapter 45- Escaped Rouges.
Chapter 46- Anderson.
Chapter 47- Family.
Chapter 48- Ceremony.
Chapter 49- Home.
Chapter 50- Alpa & Luna.
Chapter 51- A Good Day.
Chapter 52- Grey Wolf.
Chapter 53- Chester.
Chapter 54- Sincerely.
Chapter 55- Stressed.
Chapter 57- Kade.
Chapter 58- Agony.
Chapter 59- Never Again.
Chapter 60- Consequences.
Chapter 61- Hold Me.
Chapter 62- Anger.
Chapter 63- Calm.
Chapter 64- Announcements.
Chapter 65- Merry Christmas.
Chapter 66- Storm.
Chapter 67- Hope.
Chapter 68- Him.
Chapter 69- My Angel.
Chapter 70- Time.
Chapter 71- Pups.
Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.
Chapter 73- Planning & Tradition.
Chapter 74- Layla Carter.
Official Goodbye.
HELLO :)

Chapter 56- Saved.

46K 1.1K 134
Por WaattyAriiaa

Layla's pov

Last night was the first night in a week that I actually got some sleep. I'm assuming it's the same for Landon as he hasn't gotten much neither. I also think it was a good thing for our wolves to feel close again. It definitely made me feel a whole lot better, I honestly hate not being with him and hate is a strong word for me.

"Aut Lay!" I turned around at the small voice I heard.

It was just in time as Dawn jumped into my arms happily, her little pigtails swinging in her face. Her dress was short and blue which matched the bows in her hair.

"You look so beautiful." I spun her around, her soft giggle filling the air.

"Hey." Genevieve greeted, coming in for a hug which I returned.

I handed over Dawn to her and went to hug Jacob next with a smile on my face, "Hi Jacob."

He wrapped his arms around me, "Hey, cars." I stepped out of the hug, jokingly pushing at his shoulders.

Ever since he's found out my favorite movie was Cars and seen the picture of my Lightning McQueen cake. He's made it a life long thing to call me that as a nickname. I like it though but, he'll never know that. I've never had a nickname before besides when Landon calls me 'baby' or 'love'. So it was honestly kind of nice and refreshing, we've really bonded a lot since we've met.

Everyone was at the pack house for a dinner, it was around thanksgiving time. So the mothers in the pack thought it'd be nice to share a meal together. Before the actual day itself arrives, since everyone will want to be with their own families. And of course it was essential that both the luna and alpha be present.

"How are you doing?" Jacob asked, concern laced in his tone, he knows it's been kind of hard since Chester passed.

"I've been doing a lot better, I just don't like thinking about it, it'll just make me cry." I blinked numerous times to shake the thoughts away.

Jacob rubbed my arm comfortingly, Genevieve giving me a supportive smile. Dawn's eyes caught my own and that about made my heart happy.

"Mom I eat?" she asked, all of our attention on her now.

"We have to wait but, we can see if there's a snack for you, come on." she smiled at me, I returned it as Jacob followed her.

"I'll talk to you later, Cars." he laughed and I smiled rolling my eyes.

I'm surprised my anxiety hasn't acted up much since I've been here. Landon and I were supposed to greet everyone who comes through the door. But, it was just me right now, he said he had to do something before he came. Which now when I come to realize it, I have no idea what it was. Either way, I felt fine though I'd feel better if he was next to me.

"Wow, you look really beautiful." I inhaled sharply at Zach's surprising compliment, he seemed to also realize this.

'Hey, that's Landon's line.' Mia stated, with a meanness to her tone.

His face morphed into one of realization, "I'm sorry that was inappropriate I shouldn't have-" he looked away while nervously talking.

"No." I cut him off with a soft smile, "It's okay, thank you." he turned his head to meet my eyes, a hesitance to his still, "I won't tell Landon if you don't." he laughed in relief and I laughed at the thought of just seeing Landon's face if he ever found out.

'I'll tell Jake.' Mia grumbled and I shushed her.

"How have you been?" he questioned, stepping fully into the house.

"I've been-"

"She's been amazing." I jumped when I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind, along with lips planting a kiss to my cheek.

His scent filled my nose, my body igniting in sparks, and Mia happily jumped around in my head. I sighed in content, that bit of weight I felt on my shoulders, gone. I turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands slipped to rest against my lower back.

"Hey gorgeous." he grinned, bringing one of his hands up to cup my cheek, his thumb moving down to my lips.

"Hi." I breathed, his thumb slowly sliding down the corner of my bottom lip.

He leant down, connecting our lips in a strong kiss, it was filled with fire and possessiveness, I couldn't keep up. He pulled me against him, his body heat engulfing me further. Once he pulled away, I was breathing hard and his hazel eyes were a shade darker. I clutched his shirt in my hand, my heart racing in my chest.

Then he smiled, "You still do that."

"Do what?" I asked, breathlessly.

He looked between us at my hand, it was tightened around his grey shirt, "You've always did that." he pushed hair behind my ear, "Ever since I met you."

I smiled, "It makes me feel safe." I whispered, eyeing my hand.

His finger hooked underneath my chin to lift my head up, "You're always safe with me." he pecked my lips repeatedly, making me giggle.

'I hope Zach seen this.' Mia stated, obviously wanting to hurt Zach.

Who I completely forgot about because, when I looked behind me, he was gone. I looked back to Landon, who had a sly smile on his face.

"You did that on purpose." I stated, he kissed me.

"So what, you're all mine." he laughed, into the kisses.

"Lan-" he cut me off with a kiss, I tried to talk again only to get cut off by more kisses which I couldn't help but, return.

Once he found himself satisfied he pulled away, a grin overtaking his features, "Come on love." he slid his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers together.

My face heated up and I allowed him to pull me from the front door. He guided me through some pack members until we made it to the dining room. The table was set up nicely, silver platters and utensils set out. Everyone was about ready, seating themselves down. Landon walked us to our chairs at the head of the table.

Once we sat down, he gave my hand a kiss and stood up, "I'm glad everyone could make it among the circumstances, I want to thank all the mothers for putting it together especially mine..." he gave a short speech before people started to bring the food out.

Audrey smiled at me from her spot and I gave her one in return. I seen Dawn at the end of the table with her parents. She was already making a mess with her potatoes. When Landon sat down, he started to make me a plate which I found adorable.

"Do you want this?" he asked, pointing to some stuffing in a wooden bowl.

"Yes please." I replied, he gave me some on my plate and kissed my cheek which made them heat up.

"So polite." he mumbled against my ear, his hand going to my stomach to tickle me, I laughed pushing his hands away.

"Stop it." he grinned, his brown eyes shining when he looked at me.

All through the dinner he would feed me any chance he got. But, any chance I got, I made sure he ate his own food. Since he was oddly focused on me a lot, it felt nice but, I wanted him to eat as well. Which he did with my urges. He would also make me laugh as well and mess with me a ton.

"Landon." I laughed, grabbing his hand to lace our fingers together so he could stop poking me.

"Sorry sorry, are you almost done?" he questioned and I sighed.

"Yes Landon." he smiled and stood up, helping me up along the way.

We waved goodbye to everyone and I followed behind Landon out of the pack house. He looked at me with a grin and kissed my hand that was in his.

"I have something to show you." he said, with a smile leading me into the forest.

"What is it?" I questioned, listening to the leaves crunching underneath our footsteps.

We walked further into the forest, "Well it's been crowded in the pack house lately and so.." he looked to me, pushing away some branches in our way, to let me through, "The pack will be building another pack house here."

There was a cleared out area where a house could fit perfectly, "The path we took is going to be modified as well so it can be more presentable, what do you think?" I smiled, liking that he wants my opinion on this.

"I think that's a good idea." he grinned, walking us a bit further into the grounds.

Fresh stumps were around the hill like surface, surrounded with flowers. But, I couldn't tell why he wanted the pack members to build it. Usually it would just be the men and other volunteers but, he said the whole pack. We stopped in the middle of the hill, our eyes connecting in a soft gaze.

"I'm also going to help so I might be busy lately." he murmured, looking down at our hands.

"Can I help?" I asked.

He laughed a bit through his nose, his eyes drifting to mine again, "I knew you'd want too but, you can't." I frowned as he went on, placing a hand to my cheek, "I need for this pack house to be built by the ones that tarnished the other one."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, his thumb caressing my cheek, "Knowing what went on in that house to you, I hate it, that's why I was bothering you a bit."

"A bit?" I grinned, at the fact that it wasn't just a bit.

He laughed, looking away, "Okay, a lot." he sighed, "I just don't like being there knowing what happened to you and how I had no idea, I hate it so much." he removed his hand from my cheek softly.

My jaw dropped open, I had no idea he felt like this. If he said he wanted this pack house to be built by the ones who tarnished it, why was he helping. If anything he made my last moments in that house better. I stepped closer, cupping his jaw with my hands and he turned his head away, not meeting my eyes.

"Hey, you've never told me this before." I said softly, while staring into his distant brown orbs.

"It's not important." he replied blankly.

"Of course it is." I claimed, trying to turn get him to meet my gaze, "Look at me please."

After a second he did, his eyes were filled with frustration and his jaw was locked, "Talk to me." I nodded comfortingly.

He sighed, "I just hate myself for being so stupid and not noticing what was going on, I hate it so much and everyday I think, if I would have been smarter and seen it sooner.." he explained, fuming with guilt anger and obvious resentment to himself, that I could feel emitting from him, "I'm just sorry."

It hurt me how bad he actually felt about this.

"It's not your fault." I stated immediately, "You couldn't have known."

"I should have though." he replied, shaking his head, "I could have saved you from it all a lot sooner."

"You saved me now." My voice was firm, assuring  him that it wasn't his fault at all.

I don't blame him.

He sighed again, putting his hands against my hips to bring me closer, "You can't just say that and fix this." he mumbled, I could tell he was biting back a smile.

It made me grin, "I can and I will." I brushed my thumb against his jawline where a slight stubble had grown in.

Which was actually really attractive.

His eyes pierced into mine with such love and softness, "You're perfect." his grip on my hips tightened as he leaned in, his lips brushing against mine.

"Well I had some help from this alpha." I rolled my eyes playfully, that smile he was biting back on show now.

"Oh yeah?" he questioned, I nodded my head.

"Yeah, he's sort of my mate." I shrugged my shoulders, a yelp escaping me when he lifted me up.

I easily wrapped my legs around his waist, laughter emitting from me, "You know your mate loves you so much right?" he asked, his pearly white grin sending my stomach into an excitement overdrive.

Sparks were flooding through me everywhere he touched and I was so happy, "I don't know, I think he better show-"

His lips cut my words off, they moved slow and softly. Just like mine did, I wanted to savor this moment. How handsome he looked in the light of the setting sun. How his stubble scratched at my skin. How I felt nothing but, love and contentment flowing through the both of us.

Our wolves feeling connected more each passing second.

~~~

Hey everyone, I know it's been forever. I'm sorry about that but, I hope this long chapter makes up for that. There will be updates coming since I've gotten some pre writing done as well. I love you all and seriously thank you for all the love and support.

I also asked you guys what you were going to be for Halloween. I guess I should tell you what I'm going as. Which is bubbles from powerpuff girls, my friends are being the other girls.

What was your favorite scene?

Do you like Layla and Zach?

How do you feel about Landon's apology?

I love you all so much, have a good day/afternoon/night.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

She-Alpha Por ju

Hombres Lobo

320 46 15
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...
648K 15.3K 32
Grace Anderson was left packless and without a family when the most ruthless Alpha to walk on earth decided to avenge the death of his dead father, w...
73.1K 2.1K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
2.8M 84.5K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...