My One True Love, Trunks Brie...

By Shinedownlover560

Rosamoona Hokusai is as normal as a Half-Human, Half-Saiyan child could be. She and her parents (Goku and Chi... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Tournament Contestants
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Name Change?

Chapter Thirteen

2.1K 43 25
By Shinedownlover560

Fifty-nine, fifty-eight, fifty seven, fifty-six, fifty-five...

I watch the clock, mentally counting down the time left before the day was over. Whatever the teacher was saying wasn't so much as registering in my brain.

...Forty-six, forty-five, forty-four, forty-three, forty-two...

'Stop staring at the clock, Monkey Boy. It's not gonna make it go any faster,' Moon sent me, her tone teasing. I smirk, looking away from the clock and over at her.

'Well it's better than listening to Ol' Smithy up there drone on about having a safe summer.'

'You don't even know if that's what he's talking about,' she replied, laughing silently.

'Is it?'

'Maybe...'

I wink at her. 'There ya go, Pigeon. It's all he's talked about for the past week.'

Rolling her eyes, Moon chuckles quietly. My smirk changes into a smile as I look back at the clock.

'Twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, thirteen...' I start counting again mentally, this time sending it to Moon.

'Twelve, eleven,' she sends back.

'Ten.'

'Nine.'

'Eight.'

'Seven,' we send each other telepathically. By five, the whole class is counting out loud.

"Four."

"Three."

"Two."

"ONE!" Everyone cried as the bell ran. Cheers erupt around the room and kids start pouring out. I stand up and walked over to Moon.

"So, what do you think of this small town? You've lived here for almost four years and now you've attended our school. I think this is a good time to ask," I say, wrapping an arm around her waist when she stood up.

Moon chuckles. "Well, the school system is semi-good. Most of the kids are either redneck wanna-be's or lame gangsters. Some are okay though. As for the town, it's small and there's virtually nothing to do. Other than all that, life is pretty good here in good old Waynesboro PA."

I burst out laughing as I led us out of the windowless math room. We make a few turns before we come to one of the many sets of stairs in this school. Joining the crowd of teenagers, we slowly make our way down the steps and to the front doors. When we exit the building, my eyes automatically zero in on Bulla's bright blue head.

"Hey you two!" She greets as Moon and I walk up. She was sitting on the wall that went around the school, swinging her feet. Goten was standing a few feet away, talking to Nate.

"Hey Smurfette," Moon replies. I chuckle at the nickname. Smiling, Moon turns to her brother. "Is Gaea out yet?" Goten shook his head. 

"No. She won't be out for another hour or so."

"Sucks for her and Uub," Nate said.

"Yeah," Bulla said. "But they have each other."

"Who has each other?" Gohan asked from behind us.

"Your daughter and Uub," I answer, turning around. "They seem to like each other."

"Yeah, a lot," Goten added, smiling.

"No more than you and Bulla like each other," Gohan told his younger brother.

 Goten glared at the older Saiyan while Moon laughs. 

"Come on you guys. We still have a run to make," she told them.

"Awe, why can't that wait until later Rosey?" Goten complained. "It's summer!"

"You know why, Goten. Baby could be anywhere. We need to find him as quick as possible," she replied. Goten sighed.

"I know, I know."

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'll come with you," Nate said. 

"You sure?" Goten asked, raising an eyebrow.

Nate shrugged. "Might as well. This is my fight now too. Plus, I haven't flown in a while."

"Hey, I'm not gonna argue with reasoning like that," Moon said, smiling.

"Good. Now, show me where to go, Captain Ginger!" Nate exclaimed, saluting. I roll my eyes but chuckle along with everyone else. Suddenly, I'm attacked from behind.

"What the hell?" I ask, removing my arm from around Moon before turning around.

"Awe come on! Don't tell me you've forgotten me already!" A girl with brown eyes and golden colored hair said, a giant smile plastered on her face. It took me all of two seconds to recognize her.

"Emily! Holy shit, where did you come from?!" Nate said excitedly, pushing his way over to us. Laughing, Emily let go of me. "We thought you weren't coming back!"

"Things changed. Ma's all better now so we moved back," she explained. 

"That's great to hear," I replied, hugging her. "Welcome back."

"Thanks," she said, hugging me back. After a few seconds, she let go and hugged Nate.

"I don't want to seem rude, but who are you?" Goten asked, looking at Emily.

"This is Emily. She's a good friend. She also used to live in your house," Nate explained.

"I love that house," Emily said, pulling away and brushing some hair out of her face. "Who has the back bedroom?"

"That would be me," Moon answered.

"That's a good room. It was mine when I lived there."

"Why'd you have to move?" Goten asked.

"My mom got really sick, so my dad and I went to live with her."

"I can only imagine how that went," I chuckled. 

"Actually pretty well. Ma and Dad didn't fight too often," Emily replied, smiling. 

"So, you're back for good?" Bulla asked, walking up. Emily nodded.

"Yeah. We're back for good."

"Sweet! We have to do something together soon! Where are ya living now?"

"By the hospital," Emily answered. "As for doing something, wanna go to the pool? All of us," she added, glancing quickly at Moon, Goten and Gohan. 

"Yes!" Bulla exclaimed. 

"Great! What about you, Trunks? Nate? And, um... Sorry, I don't think I caught your names," she said, this time looking at the siblings.

"I'm Goten, that's my sister Rosamoona, and our older brother Gohan," Goten replied, pointing to each person in turn.

"Cool. So, wanna come to the pool with us?"

"Well, I'm not sure about my brothers, but I'm busy," Moon replied, pulling her hair out of her face and quickly braiding it.

"Wait, so do you mean...?" Goten started, looking at Moon.

"Yes. If you want to go, I'll cover for you," she replied.

"Cover?" Emily asked.

"Paper route," Moon answered, lying smoothly. Emily mouthed a silent 'oh' and looked back at me and Nate.

"So are you two in?" 

"As much as I want to Em, not now. Maybe later on or tomorrow," I answer. As much as I wanted to go, I knew Moon need help making the run. Emily would have to wait. "Moon needs help with the paper route."

"Trunks... You don't have to," Moon said, surprised. "You haven't seen her in a while. I can handle both routes."

"No, it's fine. I'm sure Emily understands. Don't you, Em?" I asked, looked at her. She nodded.

"Yeah, totally. Like you said, there's always tomorrow anyways. So, Nate, you in?"

Nate bit his lip before sighing. "Sorry, but I have to wait as well. My mom wants to have a family outing. I don't think she'd let me skip."

I was shocked when Nate turned Emily down. He used have the biggest crush on her in grade school. I'd figured he'd be all over this.

'What are you doing? Don't you still like her?' I sent him.

'Kinda... But you and Ginger can't do a run yourself. Goten's told me how much land they cover. It's too much for two people to do and not miss something. I'll make it up to her tomorrow. We'll all go then.' I nodded slightly.

"Damn... Today just isn't a good day for the pool, is it?" Emily chuckled. "Don't worry about it. We'll just wait till tomorrow."

"Thanks, Em," I reply, hugging her again. "And welcome home. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," she said, hugging me back. She pulled away and hugged Bulla and Nate one more time. "Well, I better get home. Dad will be wondering where I'm at," she said, smiling. "It was nice meeting you," she said to Moon, Goten and Gohan.

"You too," they replied.

Smiling again, she walked away from us, towards the hospital.

"Man... I wanted to go to the pool..." Goten said, crossing his arms. 

"Goten, when we're done, you can get in our pool," Gohan reminded him.

"Yeah, but it doesn't have a slide."

Moon shook her head. "Anyways, thanks for sticking with me you two," she said, talking to Nate and I.

"Well of course, Captain Ginger. A crew always follows their leader," Nate replied.

"Psh, I'm about as much as a leader as Goten is a straight A student," Moon answered, pointing at her brother.

"Hey!"

"It's true," Gohan said.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Goten admitted, putting his arms behind his head. "So, who's going with who?"

"Well, Nate can go with you and Trunks with me. Bulla, are you coming as well?"

My sister shrugged. "Might as well since we're not going to the pool. I'll tag along with Goten and Nate."

Moon nodded. "Sounds good. Gohan, are you gonna wait for Gaea to get out before you and Videl go, or not?"

"I'll start. Videl can wait for Pan," he answered. Moon nodded again.

"Okay. Trunks, follow me," she said, taking off. I did as told, taking off after her.

"I feel bad that this is the first time I've helped you with this," I said to her as we flew.

"Don't worry about it," she answered. "You've been busy with the team."

"Yeah, but this is way more important."

She shrugged. A few more minutes passed by as we left the town limits. We both scanned the area below, using both our eyes and our Ki.

"Nothing seems out of the ordinary," I state. 

"Yeah... And that's what worries me the most," Moon admitted. 

"Agreed."

Suddenly, Moon's phone went off. Pulling it out of her pocket, she glanced at the ID before answering it.

"Hello?" She asked. "Whoa, whoa. Slow down, Mar. What's wrong?" She asked a minute later, coming to a stop and floating. Then her eyes widened. "Are you sure?" She demanded. I could hear worry in her voice. "Okay, just stay there. I'm coming," she told Marron before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Moon looked up from her phone. "Mar... She said she thinks that Baby is in her father's body."

The way she said it made chills run down my spine. She said it so calm. Like she was telling me what she wanted to drink. Not that the worst villain the Earth had ever seen had just taken over one of her life-long friends.

"I'm coming with you," I told her. Surprise flitted across her face. She had been expecting a fight. 

Nodding, she quickly put her phone back into her pocket and took my hand. The bright, cheerful landscape turned dark and dreary. A light rain was falling and lighting light up the sky in the distance.

A small, pink house sat on a lonely island in front of us. Looking around, I realized this was close to where Moon took me about a month ago.

"Follow me," she whispered urgently, walking towards the house, her Ki lowered. I quickly did the same.

"Where is she at?" I asked quietly.

"Her room. She has a secret compartment in her closet."

As we got closer to the house, I remembered something else.

"Doesn't Master what's-his-name-live here?"

"Master Roshi. And he did," Moon replied as she slowly opened the door.

"Did?"

"He died during the fight with Buu. When he blew up the Earth. When we made the wish to bring everyone back, he didn't want to come. Don't ask me why though," she explained.

I nodded as we crept through the house. Moon sometimes suddenly moved to one side. Not knowing what she's doing, I decide to not waste time and follow her lead. When we reach the stairs, she floats up them instead of walking. Doing the same, I quietly land when I get to the top.

"Okay, Mar's room is the last door on the right," she told me. "I'm going to check on Krillin and 18. I'll meet you outside when I'm done."

I nod and float down to Marron's room. I don't risk opening the door. Instead, I phase out and reappear on the other side. Looking around, I spot the closet.

I make my way over to it, slowly opening it. I froze when it creaked. Very carefully, I open it the rest of the way. 

"Marron? Are you here? It's Trunks," I whispered as loud as I dared. Slowly, the floor lifts up, revealing the blond girl.

"Where's Moon?" She asked.

"Checking on your parents," I tell her.

Nodding, she comes out, closing the door behind her.

"Come on. We have to wait outside," I said, quietly walking over to her window and opening it. I wait for her to go out before I do. Marron flies down to the ground and I follow her. After a few seconds, Moon comes outside. Her face was pale.

"Mar, I'm so sorry," she said, hugging her friend when she reached us. "Both of them are infected."

Marron gasps and hugs Moon back tightly. All the while, I have a growing nagging sensation in my stomach,

"Pigeon, let's get out of here," I say, "Something does feel right."

She nods, pulling away from Marron. "I feel it too..."

"Then what are we standing here for?" Marron asked. "Let's get out of here!"

"I want to check something first..." Moon said, jumping into the air. Reluctantly, Marron and I follow her. When we're well over West City, Moon stops, floating.

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Making sure I'm not right," she mumbled. Suddenly, time stopped. At least, it felt like it did.

I looked around. A pair of white seagulls were frozen, mid flight. Looking back at the city, I see that nothing's changed. Everyone is still moving around like nothing happened. Moon's eyes grow wide and she backs up slightly.

"Pigeon, what's going on?" I ask. "Why didn't they freeze?"

"Truffles can resist the effects of stopped time," she said in a small voice. "They don't freeze..."

The understanding washed through me like someone had replaced my blood with ice water. Slowly, I looked back over at the city. The entire thing was unfrozen.

Everyone was a Truffle.

The Invasion had begun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture to the side is of Emily! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 1.7K 43
( Completed ) Gohan has just defeated Cell and is grieving over his father's death. He just wants to be in his room alone. Vegeta is also mad abou...
48.2K 1.3K 39
BOOK TWO Sequel to: My true love!!! Gohan and me PLEASE DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE READ MY TRUE LOVE!!! GOHAN AND ME FIRST! ~~~~~~~~~ High sc...
57.1K 1.3K 33
When Goku died of the Heart Virus, his only daughter, Rosamoona, was only one. Six months later, the Androids attack and kill the rest of the Z Fight...
8.7K 182 12
Right before Kagome turns fifteen and meets Inuyasha and the gang, she went to go see her cousin Bulma when she is twelve years old. There she meets...