Royal Thief (Editing)

By lhiizzy

Annabelle, a Mexican-American is a pickpocket who steals from anyone to survive and fend for her sick mum. Su... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author Note.

Chapter 43

116 18 11
By lhiizzy

This chapter is dedicated to atin38 Thanks for the Votes and comment girl❤❤.

Annabelle

I glanced at the clock but the firm knock resounded again, an assurance I heard right. I pulled the sheet off my body and rolled my hair into a bun as I strolled to the door.

Pulling it open, I gazed at Logan who had been unavailable since our garden meeting last night.

Remembering the incident, I frowned wondering what he wanted but also giving way for him to step in.

"I am here to apologize for my attitude last night."

I stared at him, searching for a slight lift of his nose or lips to indicate he was joking, but his face was void of these expressions. His lips were pressed with seriousness and his eyes held mine.

"Ok...Go on."

"That's all," he said, now standing before the sofa's while I stood by the door.

"That's all?"

He bobbed.

I strode from the door with folded arms. "That can't be all. You need to say the words, you have to say; I am sorry."

"Why? My presence is enough to show how remorseful I feel over last night's event."

Sensing his reluctance to say the words, I puckered my brows. "You apologised to the Queen yesterday. There is no difference with this."

With a relaxed look, he moved to where I stood. My hands were still folded on my chest like a shield, covering my skin from the heat that floated with him.

"Tell me this Belle. Why are you mad? Is this still about the incident in the garden or the kiss?"

Was I even mad at him? Call me crazy but I wasn't. My anger for him was diverted to myself. I was mad at myself for seeing him in a different way.

I craved to hate him the way I did days back. But all that was replaced by an overwhelming feeling I never believe existed. Dating was not a deal for me but my past four relationships were without connection, at least from my part.

"Tell me Belle." he tilted his head a bit, the space between us was soo thin his smell had me intoxicated.

Feeling the blazing heat in my stomach, I pushed him a little. "First I need space."

"And second?" He said smiling.

"And second, friends don't kiss." Dreading my own words, I watched his smile slowly fade.

"I am sorry," he said, the weight of his words soo heavy they poured out slowly.

"See, it wasn't that hard or was it?" I smiled, trying to make light the atmosphere that for some reason felt broken.

"It was a little." A thin smile moved to the corner of his lips, "How was the rehearsal with Daniel?"

"Perfect."

"I need to leave now," he said and moved to the door, while I wonder if he felt the same way I did or if this was just part of our lies.

I turned, ready for bed but his words halted my movement. "Can I show you something?"

***

"This truly is a secret passage?" I whispered as he led the way down the stone stairs of a secret passageway located behind his wardrobe.

"Yes mate." His voice, though low echoed with our footsteps as we continued our journey that had me excited.

Kneading my hands together, I looked around the ancient walls that had no modern design or gold painting like the interior of the castle. But it did had a light bulb at each side of the wall. The lights gave the ancient walls a magnificent and less creepy look.

Just then, my eyes trialled to the web of a huge spider and I immediately moved to Logan's side. Spiders were one of my greatest enemies that either had me running or freaked out like a little girl.

"Do I have a secret passageway in my room?" I inquired, shifting my thought from the spider to the splendid idea of having a secret way underneath my rug or behind my wardrobe just like Logan.

"I'm afraid not."

I stopped, placed my hands dramatically on my chest like a wounded soldier and parted my lips.

"What Belle?" His question was soft as he turned.

"Let's say there is an attack on the castle, I get to die and you get to escape?"

"Technically yes."

"How cruel is this world?" I said, matching towards him with a frown

Tucking His hands in his pocket, he smiled. "Trust me, your safety is my priority."

I was his priority? His assurance had a different effect to what he intended. Swallowing hard, I repeated the same sentence that rolled out of my lips minutes back.

Friends Don't kiss.

Seconds later, we stopped before a wooden door right where the stairs stopped and curved into a tunnel. I watched him brought out the keys I gave to him on the day of the fire.

Swaying with the curiosity that held my heart, I moved from beside him and followed the tunnel.

I noticed it was linked with different stairs, like the one we ascended. They all merged at the tunnel that was so long I was interested to know where it ended.

"This tunnel, where does it lead?" I inquired, now beside him.

"Right into a building in Windsor town," he said with his hand on the knob of the wooden door. He turned to me. "Welcome to the land of death."

My body stiffened as I watched him pulled the door open.

"I heard that in a movie but grandma actually calls it her cage of a secret, come on in." He switched on the lights and waited patiently for me to step in.

Satisfied with the fact the room was not filled with graves, I walked in.

Just like the walls outside, the room maintained its ancient structure. It had no painting but was filled with wooden furnitures, a bed and red Indian carpet that was same as those in the waterloo chamber of the castle.

"This was where you wanted to bring me the night of my first nightmare?"

"Yes."

Aside from the arrange sofa's and ancient structure, the room had no special attraction and this made me wonder what he soo wanted to show. "Why-"

"Wait a second." He moved back to the switch beside the door and flipped it off.

"Look up Belle."

Without being told, I stared at the sparkling blue ceiling. An exact replica of the night sky. But even more beautiful. 

The paintings were alive and so were the drawing of all the planets, stars and moon. Each, properly coated with the right colours but all aligning with the blue sky.

The magnificent sight had me smiling as I felt at ease and peaceful.

Indeed It was a cure to every brutal encounter I faced and recalled.

"Beautiful I believe?" His voice was soo close and soft, it made me turn.

I noticed his eyes were also lifted to the painting. "This room was revealed to me by Grandma."

"It's beautiful."

His eyes moved from the ceiling to me. "And you know what?"

I shook my head under the spells of his stare.

"To get a perfect view you need to lay on the floor." He picked two throw pillows from the oversize sofa, kicked off his shoes and laid on the carpet. He patted the space beside him.

Reluctant, but still under the spell of both his stares and the display, I took the space beside him. Our shoulders touched, aware of the contact I shifted a little.

"See this." He pointed to a star that was surrounded by others. "That is the star that fights against nightmares."

"And who told you so?"

"I was once a wizard with a wand," he said.

The memories of his picture with missing tooth and a wand flashed through my head, making me snort.

"Oh, great wand master. Do tell me more about your childhood Wizard Logan," I said, enjoying his cool response and smile.

He popped with his elbow on the pillow. "It was boring but I will tell after I get to know the craziest thing you did as a child."

His stare was daring as he sat straight.

Accepting what I believe to be a dare, I said, "The craziest thing I did as a child. According to Mum, I tried cuddling a goat when I was three." I smiled, remembering mum use of the event as a reference to how crazy I was.

"That is crazy and cute." The light sound of his laughter made my smile grew wider as I stared at the star he pointed minutes back.

"Mum said the goat wasn't in good terms with my actions so I pleaded she tied him with a rope."

His laughter grew and I turned.

Just then, it done on me. This was the first time I heard him gave a genuine laugh and it was a sound I craved for the moment he stopped.

I pulled myself up and said, "I'm sure your childhood was much more fun with a lot of adventures."

"I'm afraid not."

"How so?"

"As the firstborn, I was stuck with only adult who had little or no time for me. My childhood was classic but like I said boring. Yours seem perfect."

I looked away and felt blood rushed to my cheeks, thankful the lights were off.

My childhood was indeed perfect.  Mum and dad met in Oaxaca, got married in Oaxaca and had me there. Thus I spent half of my childhood with aunty Valerie and my cousins who always had my back.

"What about school? You made some friends. I believe you did."

"I was homeschooled," he said his voice low and serious.

"Aside Leo, I had no friend. The girls were opportune to have all that. Though they prefer their doll house's to their dull brother." Sadness lingered in his voice as our gaze met.

"Is it ok to ask what happened between you guys?" I inquired, testing my luck. I was used to being told to mind my business or let him handle stuff, but it felt right to ask.

"I will just mind my business," I said as I noticed his rigid jaw muscles and his blue eyes losses its spark.

He smoothed his hands through his hair and said, "No... It's ok. It's important you know this."

***
Hey you.

Do you want to know what happened? Well expect a chapter tomorrow sweetie.❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
141K 7.8K 69
| 18+| Sequel to 'The Prince's Choice'| Newly crowned king and queen, William and Jade stand at the brink of war. Their union has enraged William's m...
474 26 15
When Prince Rio catches Kaija, a maid at the palace, stealing a priceless jewelry from his room, he wickedly employs her as his personal servant, mak...
2.2K 159 38
Everyone has a story to tell. Including the rich spoilt Meet Diamond Hudson. An heiress who knows no hard life. After she runs away from her own dr...