SAYA

By Sellyfronce

She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
BONUS CHAPTER!!
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT! FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK!
I'M COMING BACK!!
MARRY ME, ADELAIDE COMING SOON!
BACK AGAIN!
LADY LAILA, COMING SOON!

CHAPTER 53

54.5K 3.2K 665
By Sellyfronce

The gates of the castle of Moore greet Saya this evening. Nabir, Laila, Julius and Peter are behind her looking nervous. She has come for answers.

***

Saya had entered her 8th month of pregnancy 3 weeks ago, her belly larger than ever. She was still in Sheath, awaiting for Xerxes to come for her but he never did. The war had ended a week ago, according to Stephan, with a lot of help coming from the mysterious death of a lot of people from the resistance (the curse of the Southern Witch) but Saya had heard nothing from him. 

King Stephan had been sending letters informing them of their victory and how they were rebuilding the parts of Moore that were destroyed. Saya helped Laila reply to the letters and she also sent letters of her own to Xerxes but he never replied. Instead, Stephan would reply in his letter stating that Xerxes was busy and had sent his regards through him. She knew it was a lie, everyone knew. 

The Xerxes that took care of her would come to get her as soon as the war was over; he promised. Saya couldn't help but worry at what must have gone wrong. Laila and Nabir tried their best to comfort her but even they were troubled by what was going on. It is so unlike King Xerxes to behave that way. Whatever happened at Moore, it is obvious King Stephan does not want Saya knowing about it.

But the princess had endured enough, she couldn't stop thinking about worst case scenarios. She had told her friends that she was going back to Moore but they convinced her to stay put for a few days. At the end, she decided she was going with or without them. They decided they would go with her because they too wanted answers!

The journey to Moore felt like an eternity but at last, they had arrived. Saya rode through the streets, some parts of it thriving while the others still rebuilding.

"Princess!" she heard people call as they were relieved to see her. She waved at them smiling, glad that everything seemed okay. If Xerxes was dead, they would have been in mourning. However, she could not shake off this vibe she got from the kingdom. She got to the castle gates standing there but the guards did not let her through.

***

"What is the meaning of this? Let the princess enter!" Peter yells, but the guards bow their heads.

"Apologies lieutenant but we received orders from King Xerxes himself to not allow the princess back into the castle"

Saya's heart drops when she hears this, "Why? What happened to the king?" Saya says eagerly, but scared.

"Let them through!" they hear a voice from behind the gates. King Stephan stands there looking at them with a worried expression.

The guards nod opening the gates, Saya entering immediately walking up to Stephan and bowing.

"Princess, you were told to stay in Sheath till everything was okay."

"King Stephan there is something you're not telling me, and it has me worried. Where is Xerxes?"

"He's in the castle, but....I am afraid you won't like what you're going to see," Stephan says to her, still concerned.

Is Xerxes injured? Badly injured? Hurt? What is going on? She just needs to see him.

Stephan walks with Saya back to the castle walls, her friends following behind. They enter the castle walking to the throne room only to see Xerxes sitting on his throne perfectly fine.

Relief washes over her face as she sees him, but Xerxes hardly stays in the throne room, something seems off. She takes a few steps forward, but Xerxes just stares at her, no, he glares at her. Saya stops in her tracks looking at him confused, what is going on?

"I told you not to come back here Saya," Xerxes says, venom lacing his tone. The princess does not understand, "My love you promised to come back for -"

"Refrain from using such words towards me immediately!" Xerxes says in a harsh tone, startling her.

"Brother calm down!" Stephan says, standing in front of Saya, glaring at his brother. There is something definitely wrong here.

"Ah! So the rat came back even after the king had told her to stay away," a voice says from behind...Oma!

Saya turns to see her walking inside the throne room going up to stand by Xerxes kissing his cheek, giving Saya a devilish grin.

"It's good to meet you again Saya!" Oma says.

"What is going on?" Saya asks Stephan, her heart pounding, her breathing getting uneven. "Princess I wish I knew. When I arrived at Moore, I saw her as well. Xerxes is the same, but the only thing that seems to have changed is his love for you."

Saya walks past Stephan coming closer to Xerxes who is just glaring at her. The guards prevent her from taking any step further.

"Xerxes, it is me, Saya," she says, holding back her tears. "You promised to come back for me, you swore to the gods and gave me this," she brings out the paper from her pocket showing him but he doesn't even move.

"We are expecting a baby," she adds, tears flowing down her cheeks. Xerxes stands up walking to her,

"I will respect you because you are one of my women, make no mistakes, that child is not mine, and I should have you banished for treason, but my brother is the only one stopping me. One wrong move from you and I WILL banish you and that bastard in your womb," he says, walking  out of the throne room.

"What did you do to him?!" Saya raises her voice at Oma who just laughs, walking out of the throne room with Xerxes.

Saya is trembling, tears flowing uncontrollably from her eyes as she shakes her head in disbelief. Julius, Peter and Nabir run up to her. It is always one problem after another!

Saya refuses to believe that Xerxes is gone. She stumbles a bit, Peter, holding her in place.

"Princess remember you're heavily pregnant, please take it easy," he begs. They help Saya to her chambers, but she's still sniffling, wiping her face.

"Best believe that I am on your side princess," Stephan says, his arm around Laila, who doesn't even know what to say. She feels so bad for her. Saya has waited weeks for Xerxes to come get her but he was here with another woman, a woman he himself had banished.

"She did something to him," Saya says to them. "I agree, dark magic that strong could only be gotten from the witch of the west"

"She takes no one's side. Why don't we go to her for a cure?" Saya asks, hopefulness in her eyes.
"I did that already, travelled to the West myself. The witch is dead." Everyone gasps, looking at Stephan. The Witch of the West is dead?

"Whatever Oma did to get the heart of Xerxes, she killed the witch in doing so. I am afraid you'll need to convince him some other way," Stephan tells her.

So Oma would go this far, just to get Xerxes all to herself?

"It's okay, what Xerxes and I have is real. I am not backing down," she says, forcing a smile on her face.

"That's the spirit we need to see!" Peter cheers. "I'll start with things that might trigger a memory of something we shared together," Saya says out loud gathering her thoughts.

"We will be back," Julius and Peter leave immediately.

 "Princess I am sorry this happened to you," Laila says hugging her.
"It's okay Laila, we will win this fight. I am sure of it."

Peter and Julius storm into the king's study, bypassing the guards easily.

They see Oma sitting on his lap as he looks at some papers. "My Lord we deserve an audience."

Xerxes ignores them still looking at the papers.

Julius slams his hand on the table, making Oma flinch, Xerxes looks up glaring at them. He has known these men for a long time, his most loyal comrades, but they are pushing this too far!

"My Lord we have followed you without questions from day one, but this is where we shall draw the line," Peter glares at him.

"You love Saya with everything in you. You even warned us to not let anything or anyone touch her but yet you throw her away like that? What kind of king are you?!" Julius exclaims.

"You will be wise to choose your words carefully Julius," Xerxes glares back.

"TO HELL WITH HIS WORDS!" Peter yells.

"That woman is the most pure, rare and dignified gem I have ever laid my eyes on. She is the first woman, after the great war, to see you as you! Not as a monster! Not as a beast! But as a man that is capable of loving and caring for a woman, for his people. Now she is pregnant and due soon and you throw all that away, you are not a king to me!"

Xerxes stands up immediately, Oma grabbing the seat so as to not fall. Julius brings out his whip, "If it means for me to beat that sense back into you, I will do it, with pleasure!" Julius runs up to him attacking, Xerxes draws his sword immediately fighting back. Xerxes' hand is caught with Julius' whip and Peter draws his own sword running on the table, jumping in the air to strike Xerxes, but he misses. Xerxes had stepped back pulling on the whip, tripping Julius and blocking Peter's attack in one go.

The guards rush in immediately, on hearing the commotion, holding the twins in place. "WE'RE DONE!" Peter yells, dropping his sword, Julius doing the same with his whip.

"I have never been so disappointed in you My Lord, and this certainly is the height of it. I, Julius of Sal, drop my position as your lieutenant and man obligated to serve you, officially joining the men of King Stephan of Sheath."

"I Peter of Sal drop my position as your lieutenant and man obligated to serve you, officially joining the men of King Stephan of Sheath." Peter repeats, both men violently releasing themselves from the guards' grip leaving the scene immediately. 

Someone hold my laptop lemme give Xerxes a spanking :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 567 23
*𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭* 🌶 {COMPLETED} Princess Luna is caught in a horrible storm that leaves her stranded, until she is found by the Vampyr...
2M 104K 63
She was not born a lady, she was made one. She was not born into wealth, she was given it. Laila is a woman of the king, and she fell in love with hi...
17.6K 562 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...
105K 2.6K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...