The Crown Sinners

By RenesmeeStories

BOOK 3 OF IMPROBUS ILLE IMPERIUM [2nd Generation] "No one dared to take their crowns away until the crown sin... More

The Characters
1: The Plan
2: Someone Special
3: Blood of the Ruler
4: Take Their Crown
5: Who Are You?
6: Locked Up
7: Batten Down The Hatches
8: Let's Play A Game
9: Improbus Ille Imperium (I)
10: Improbus Ille Imperium (II)
11: Caught In His Game
12: Game Over
13: Welcome Home
14: Back of the Blade
15: Chasing Silhouette
16: Target of Fate
17: Time To Get Even
18: Rebel's Reign
19: The Colours of Deceit (I)
20: The Colours of Deceit (II)
21: The Fallen Name
22: Just Simple Things
23: Unknown Enemy
24: No Count
25: Keep Your Faith
26: Keep Your Aim Locked
27: Up to the Next Challenge
28: The Path That Nobody Walks On
29: Return of the Commoners
30: One Fine Day
31: What is Happening?
32: Bet on Me
33: Little Things, Little Dreams
34: Witch Hunt
35: Thou Shalt Not Speak
36: The Story Continues I
37: The Story Continues II
38: Burning Cold
39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings
40: Between Staying and Running Away
41: Back on the Game
42: Protecting You
43: The Crown
44: The Lawless Auction
45: Let's Go Home
46: A Moment With You
47: Prophecy of the Sun and the Moon
48: Rightful Places
49: Writing Their Own Fate
50: Twisted Domain
51: A Story From Long Ago
52: A True Love From Long Ago
53: A Curse From Long Ago
54: Losing Game
55: Endless Slumber
56: Blood Tainted Path
57: Welcome to the Empire
58: Hidden Encounters
59: Generations of the Heartless Empire
60: Twisted Icy Rain
61: Twisted Hierarchy
62: Smiles, Sunshine, and Good Nights
63: The Burden of the Crowns
64: Every Moment We Shared
65: Always With You
66: Your Smiles, My Happiness
67: Hoping It Would Never End
68: Rush into the Secret House
69: Twisted Crimson Moon
70: Twisted Hidden Suffering
71: Twisted Scars Each of them Hid
72: Storms Could Be Weathered
73: Training Commence
74: Wheel of Danger (I)
75: Wheel of Danger (II)
76: Wheel of Danger (III)
77: Wheel of Danger (IV)
78: Twisted Core Room
79: To You Who Always Make Us Smile
80: Yours 'Til The End
81: The Start
82: Leave This Life
83: Pay For Your Sin
84: Cracking Pillar
85: Death Explosion
86: Goddess of Hunt
87: The Sinner of their Generation
88: Adding Salt to the Wound
89: The Buried Name
90: Last Battle Between Real and Fake
91: I Promise You
93: Cherishing the Present
94: Twisted Victory Party (I)
95: Twisted Victory Party (II)
96: Our Dream Come True
97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You
98: Fire is Catching
99: Bleeding Thorns
100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast
101: Nameless Sun's Cry
102: Empress of Eviralle

92: Tragically Beautiful

3.6K 195 650
By RenesmeeStories

#TCS92: Tragically Beautiful

Miracle Silhouette's POV

The silent cries, the hurtful atmosphere, and the heartbreaking stares were the things that was making it hard for me to breathe. Suddenly, everyone was just so vulnerable and naked without any pretensions.

If one was hurting, everyone was. Although, some showed relief and forgiveness, you could really tell that it was so emotional for them, too. Who wouldn't? The wound that was never-healing was exposed to them.

The regrets, the hopeful wish of wanting to go back in time, and the days of rain and pain. It was all coming back to our parents, and as their children, we were in pain, too. And I could still feel the heaviness from it.

We might be okay now... we may be cured now... we may forgive now... but that wouldn't mean it was all forgotten. Some wounds would just never heal even with the time's hopeless wish, and turns.

And that wound would be the reason why we could stand stronger, and braver. I hoped they would all look at it that way. I hoped they would carry those as a reminder that they surpassed it... and they were happy now.

"Mama..." We all looked at Akira when we heard him called Tita Shana. I immediately removed my gaze from Tita Shana when I saw her covered her mouth with his son's delicate but hurtful way of calling her.

Niyakap ako ni Akakios sa gilid n'ya at saka marahang tinapik ang balikat ko. It comforted me, yes, but did make me want to cry. However, my eyes didn't really pour tears, instead, my heart just gripped inside of me.

"Why... did you do it, Mama?" mahinang tanong ni Honoka habang nasasaktan ang tinig. I gazed at her from my peripheral vision, and saw Rebel holding her inside his arms. Honoka was bitting her lips with her eyes pooling with crystalline liquid.

Tita Shana closed her eyes as tears streamed down her face. Tito JJ was holding her hand, waiting for her to do the talking but also comforting her at the same time. Tumingin si Tita Shana sa mga anak at mapait na ngumiti.

"My sin... is not yours to carry, please remember that..." malumanay at nagpapaintinding simula ni Tita Shana. Akira and Honoka nodded their heads, Honoka's diamond tears flowed down her cheeks, and Akira looked up to avoid shedding it.

For those two... Tita Shana had always been their favourite and their precious kind and loving mother. And knowing that Tita Shana caused pain to Tita Alyx, Tita Lian, my Momo, and my Dada, they must have been feeling so heavy and suffocated.

Hindi man nila kasalanan, hindi maiiwasan na masaktan sila para kay Rebel at Biblee.

"As you all know... Princess lost her memories, and Nate was made believe that she died," sambit ni Tita Shana, kaya tumango silang lahat. They knew about my Momo and Dada's playing fate, and unending love for each other.

My Momo and Dada's story that I would forever love, and would forever admire.

"We kept... Princess hidden, and a secret," Tita Shana mentioned while wiping her tears. Itinago man at prinotektahan nila si Momo dahil sa pamilya namin, hindi nila alam kung gaano nila nasaktan si Dada, pati na rin ang doofuses ni Momo.

I could never really blame Tita Shana, Tita Alyx, and Tita Lian for that decision, but I could also sympathize with the struggle and never-ending longing that Tito JJ, Tito Thon-Thon, and Tito Tim-Tim felt. Especially Dada... he blamed himself for so long. He lost so much time with my Momo.

"We thought... we were doing great, we thought we were protecting her, but in the end... we realized that we are keeping her away from someone who was living like a dead person, from someone who was only screaming her name even in dreams, and from someone who truly loves her..." humihikbing saad ni Tita Shana.

Napayakap si Tito JJ sa kanya, nagpapahid ng luha, dahil parang bumalik sa kanila lahat ng sakit na hatid ng nakaraan.

"That person lived like a dead one... without emotions, without the past, without the present... and without the future." Napatingin ako kay Dada sa sinabi ni Tita Shana, he was smiling sadly, while Momo was holding and playing with his hand, bowing down her head but with a small beam on her face.

"The Empire... was losing all their hopes for him to become the Nathaniel Gabriel Evans. They only found one way to get him back from the endless darkness that was hugging him. It was to destroy everything that was keeping him there..." Tita Shana added with full of emotions.

"And... looks like I fell from the wrong rabbit whole, and was trapped inside a maze that I could only go out if I obey what they wanted... so my weak-self succumb to their plan," tumawa nang bahagya si Tita Shana nang peke, pero patuloy ang pagluha.

"That was when the arson... happened," nanlulumong dagdag nito.

"And in that process... nadamay sina Lian at Alyx... they almost died because of me..." Napatakip si Tita Shana sa sariling mukha dahil sa sinabi. Napaluha na lang si Tita Alyx at Tita Lian na yakap ng mga asawa nila.

"You almost died, too..." Tito JJ whispered to his wife.

"But... the one that was burned wasn't really the three of us. It was Nate and Princess. Their struggles, their hopes, and their memories of childhood." Patuloy ang pagpatak ng mga luha nila habang nanatili akong nakatingin sa kanila na iba't iba ang emosyong nadarama.

"All the little evidences, all the little pictures, all the memories were wiped out... and for that... I know I could never be forgiven, but I was still forgiven." Napalingon si Momo kay Tita Shana at hinawakan ang kamay nito.

"It may all burn, Shana... but our strings and our love would never..." mahinang banggit nito.

Ngumuti si Dada sa kanila at tumango. "I don't care about all the material things, as long as I have Light. It will be forever enough."

Napahilig ako kay Akakios at mas hinigpitan ang pagkakahawak sa kamay n'ya. I was so thankful, and blessed to find... a love... like that. And I am holding that love right now... in my hands.

"I'm sorry, Incess... for choosing Shana that time. I was selfish," paumanhin naman ni Tito JJ bago yakapin si Momo. Tumawa nang marahan si Momo at hinagod ang likod ni Tito JJ. Napangiti ako nang matipid. Marahang gumaan ang puso dahil sa nakikita.

Tumayo si Honoka at Akira sa kinauupuan, at sabay na lumapit kay Tita Shana. They both hugged their mother, and they cried in her arms. Tita Shana cackled softly while weeping. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for disappointing you."

Honoka whimpered harder inside her mother's arms, and Akira's tears shed because of her mother's words. You could just feel how sincere it was. And I finally understood why Momo and Dada forgave them... because you could see that until now, they were still regretting and repenting.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Tito JJ also went to them while saying those words. Momo and Dada watched their family with a peaceful smile on their face. They looked proud and at ease. They were just... shining in my eyes, too.

When they broke the hug, the siblings went to Tita Alyx. "I'm sorry..." they both uttered and they smiled at Tita Alyx. Tita Alyx laughed softly, but was bawling in tears as she hugged both of them. She patted the heads of Akira and Honoka.

"Hindi n'yo kasalanan, at higit sa lahat... matagal na naming napatawad ang isa't isa sa lahat." Tumango si Honoka at Akira dahil do'n habang humihingi pa rin ng paumanhin, napangiti ako lalo dahil do'n.

Lumapit din sila kay Tita Lian. "I'm really... sorry..." Akira uttered while his voice was breaking.

Napangiti si Tita Lian at niyakap 'to. "Shh, no need," mahinang alo nito sa panganay ni Tita Shana, at saka hinigit si Honoka para yakapin din. Tito Tim-Tim also enclosed them together while tousling their hair.

Matapos no'n dumiretso ang magkapatid sa harap ni Momo at Dada. Napaiwas ako ng tingin kasi ang hirap makita no'n. Akakios hugged me tighter. "Why is it so heartwarming yet heartbreaking at the same time?" he murmured delicately.

"Maybe because... it was so regretful, and they were all victims of the situation, but their bond was just so sincere..." mahinang sagot ko nang buong puso. Akakios softly chuckled and nodded his head.

"Thank you for forgiving our parents. And thank you for still... accepting them." Honoka's voice echoed in my ears, and I could already picture how Momo draped arms around her as she whispered that everything was fine now.

"I'm sorry for all the pain our parents made you feel. And thank you for... your love still stands strong above all." Akira's tone was so genuine and real. My heart was even touched about it, and I was sure my parents, too.

Bumalik ang magkapatid sa kinauupuan kanina, may sakit man sa mga mata habang nakangiti, punong-puno naman 'yon nang pag-intindi pati na rin pagpapatawad. Nakakagaan ng puso kapag nakikita ko 'yon.

Nagkaroon nang katahimikan pagkatapos no'n. It wasn't the silence that would make you anxious, it was the silence that would make you want to breathe in between pain, emotion, and forgiveness. It was not comforting... but it was reassuring.

Ilang saglit matapos no'n biglang tumayo si Pierce sa kinauupuan, at sumunod si Thorn. Imbis na tanungin ang mga magulang dumiretso ang dalawa kina Momo at Dada. They both bowed their heads with tears in their eyes.

"We... are sorry... I am sorry... And thank you," Pierce murmured with full of heart.

"Even if they don't deserve you, even if we don't deserve you... you still saved us, you still forgave us... and you still continued to show us love... we will be forever thankful and in your debt," Thorn continued with eyes sparkling with genuine pain.

Tita Alyx and Tito Thon-Thon burst in more tears because of what they witnessed.

Ngumiti si Thorn at Pierce sa mga magulang. Kitang-kita mo sa kanila 'yong pagmamahal sa mga 'to, at handang-handang magpakumbaba para sa kanila. You could feel how much they love them, but you could also see how much they respect and love our parents, too.

Niyakap ni Momo at Dada si Pierce at Thorn. At nang pakawalan sila, halos ihatid pa nila ang mga 'to kina Tito Thon at Tita Alyx. Napatayo si Tita Alyx sa kinauupuan at niyakap ang dalawa n'yang anak habang patuloy ang paghingi ng tawad.

"I'm sorry for being immature, I'm sorry for being someone who abandons people... and I'm sorry you have a mother like me..." halos pumiyok na paghingi ng tawad ni Tita Alyx sa mga anak n'ya. Akakios was breathing heavily watching them.

"Mommy naman..." Thorn mentioned in a hurtful tone. "You are our mother, whether you are a sinner or not. And we are always going to be thankful you are our mother, okay?" he added while kissing his mother's forehead.

"You raised us well, Mommy..." Pierce murmured with a smile although tears were cascading down his cheeks.

"Syempre, Mommy n'yo 'yan eh," natatawang loko ni Tito Thon-Thon bago yakapin ang pamilya n'ya. A little smile appreared on my face because of that. It was just so heartwarming to see them being open.

"Patawad din kung 'yong daddy n'yo, naging bystander. Sabi nga nila mas malala 'yon kesa sa mga gumawa talaga ng masama. I know what was happening... and I didn't do anything. Please, never repeat our mistakes. Please learn from them..." Tumango ang magkapatid sa sinabi ni Tito Thon.

They also hugged him. And they howled in each other's arms. It was so tragic but beautiful.

"Kaya siguro... ubod ng bait n'yo," natatawang imik ni Tita Alyx sa mga anak n'ya. "Kasi ayaw kong maging katulad n'yo kami... kahit kayo man lang... hindi mabahiran ng masasamang nagawa namin, kahit kayo man lang... hinding-hindi tatalikuran ang mga humihingi ng tulong sa inyo, at hinding-hindi papabayaan ang mga kaibigan n'yo..."

Pinunasan ni Pierce ang luha na pumapatak na luha sa mga mata ng ina n'ya. Thorn was holding his mother's hands gingerly.

"I might be an evil who raised angels with a hopeful wish of wanting to be saved even in your lifetime..." Pumikit si Tita Alyx habang sinasabi 'yon at hinawakan ang kamay ng mga anak para ilagay sa magkabilang pisngi n'ya.

"Thank you for growing up so well..." Tita Alyx uttered with a cracking voice.

"Thank you for being the angels of our lives..." Tito Thon-Thon said while tousling their hairs.

"Thank you for being our parents... and for nurturing us with love, hope, and kindness," sabay na usal ng dalawa sa mga magulang. Napangiti ako nang mapayapa, at umuusbong ang kagalakan sa puso.

"Now, I know why those two were the polar opposite of their parents... I thought it was just a joke, I didn't know... they really had deeper reasons..." bulong ni Akakios malapit sa tainga ko at natawa ako nang marahan.

It was true though, you could see that Tita Alyx and Tito Thon were really and sincerely sorry for all the things they have done, so they were going to make up for it, even in the next generation, and it would forever continue.

We watched their family with smiles of peace on our faces. Bumalik din sila sa pagkakaupo matapos no'n. Kita mo sa mga mata nila na mas magaan ang pakiramdam at para silang nakalaya ngayon kaysa kanina.

You could feel the magic that was brought by sorry-s, forgiveness, and acceptance.

It was just so good that I asked my parents, and the others to come in here for today. I didn't want to prolong this issue; I didn't ask these wounds to be opened just for them to hurt and become aware of it.

I wanted them to know it, the reasons behind it, the stories with it, and the results of it... because it could be used against them. The Domain would surely want to use it against them. And instead of weakness, I would want it to become their strengths.

That was why... I was thankful and my heart felt lighter that they were taking this with an open mind and heart.

They might still carry the heaviness even after this, but there would be no questions, doubts, and overthinking that would go with it. And that was fine. They could take their time, but they should never dwell on it.

"Nanay, Tatay... thank you for owning and repenting for your mistakes..." Basag na boses ni Biblee ang bumasag sa panandaliang katahimikan, bago ito tumayo at naglakad papunta kina Tito Tim-Tim at Tita Lian.

Tito Tim welcomed her with open arms, and she ran a little to be embraced by his hug. Niyakap din ni Tita Lian ang mag-ama n'ya. Pagkatapos ay tumingin kay Hope na kanina pa umiiyak at mabilis na tumakbo rin ang panganay nila para sumali sa yakap.

"Why did you do it... Tatay? Why did you kill someone precious to Nanay and to Tita Princess?" umiiyak na imik ni Hope. Napatingala si Tito Tim-Tim kahit patuloy ang pagbagsak ng mga luha mula sa mga mata n'ya.

"I didn't know... I didn't know... it was only when it was done that I realized the graveness of my sin..." hirap na hirap na sambit ni Tito Tim-Tim.

"How... did you forgive our Tatay, Nanay?" mahinang pagtatanong ni Biblee.

"Because... I love him..." nakangiti at lumuluhang sagot ni Tita Lian. "But loving doesn't mean that the sin he committed shall be buried and become invalid..." mahinang dugtong nito, habang pinupunasan ang mga luha nina Hope at Biblee.

She kissed the forehead of her daughters. "He suffered and faced the consequences of his actions, too. He also faced my rage, and your Tita Princess's wrath... and as he is still standing with us today... it means that his sacrifices, and everything he had done to repent and change... is a sign that he is growing as a person, and I love him for that..."

Mas lalong naiyak sina Hope at Biblee sa diretsong sinabi ni Tita Lian sa kanila. "May mga bagay na makakalaya lang tayo sa sakit sa pamamagitan ng pagpapatawad... pero may mga bagay na makakalaya lang tayo sa sakit... sa pamamagitan ng pagbabago..." she added meaningfully.

"Instead of being sorry with just words and thoughts... he acted and he changed for the better. Always remember that... you can always start again, okay?" Tumango ang mga anak ni Tita Lian sa kanya.

She hugged them tigther and Tito Tim also enclosed them inside his arms. "I love you... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... and thank you for forgiving me... for still accepting the unworthy me..." Tito Tim told them staunchly.

Pinatahan ni Tito Tim at Tita Lian ang dalawa, at nang medyo kumalma na ito, dumiretso sila kina Momo at Dada. They both hugged them without saying anything at first. Dada and Momo's smiles made my heart glow with so much proudness and happiness.

"Who wouldn't wish for them... to be just happy after everything?" Akakios whispered suddenly. I looked up to him and seemed like he murmured those words without intending to because he was looking at them.

I couldn't help but beam more because of his pure intensions. How did I find him? Ah... he made his way to me. And for that... I'd walk towards him until the end.

"For all the pain that almost made you give up, for all the pain that made you resent them so much, and for all the pain that you surpassed... I'm sorry... you had to go through them because of our parents... and because of me..." nanlulumong iyak ni Hope sa kanila.

Momo's eyes soften because of her, and she wiped her tears away. "Shh, it's not your fault. Please, heal..., and that will be the greatest gift, okay?" Mas lalong umiyak si Hope habang tumatango sa mga magulang ko.

"Thank you, Tito Nate... Tita Princess... for still being our family, for never giving up, and for continuing to forgive, to love, and to accept each one of us... I could never do what you did... thank you so much... and we are all sorry..." nanghihinang sambit ni Biblee, habang umiiyak nang sobra-sobra.

"And thank you for being born, and becoming our new light and happiness..." Dada murmured with purity as he looked at Gabby, Rebel, Justice, Law, and me. After that he also glanced at everyone and at Biblee.

Niyakap ulit nila ang mga pinsan namin, at nang tumahan at tumigil mula sa matinding pag-iyak bumalik sila sa kinauupuan. Nagkaro'n ulit ng katahimikan at tanging hikbi lang ang maririnig mo sa kanila.

Our parents looked relieved and they were smiling at each other although some were still tearing up. You could really see how bonded they were and how strong they were. You knew that all of them would offer their lives for my parents.

"Dad..." Sabay-sabay kaming napalingon kay Art sa mahina at nahihirapang banggit n'ya sa iisang salitang 'yon. "Why...?" she added painfully while closing her eyes, and lamenting.

"You know a little about it..." Tumango sila dahil sinabi ko na sa kanila ang mga bagay na 'yon habang kinakalaban nila ang Senses. On how it led to that, and why Tito Skyler made that decision when he was young.

I was sure they also knew about Tito Skyler being orphaned when he was so young—and that led him to a path where no one could ever take back, and escaped from.

"Because of the endless cycle of revenge... and the pain I felt before... I also had this strong emotion of wanting to inflict that pain on them... even the innocent ones."

"Because I was also innocent..." Biglang may pumatak na isang luha sa mga mata ko dahil sa sinabi ni Tito Skyler.

It had a great impact on my heart. I realized... that Momo was hurting so much because of him. But... what about Tito Skyler?

"Because of the tragedy that led to Empress's fake death. My whole family was wiped out by the Empire. And you know... I dreamed of nightmares, too... that I thought I could never escape from... forever," Tito Skyler's voice broke, and Tia Annicka hugged him so tightly. Making him rest his head on her shoulder.

"My parents were killed, and I witnessed it by my own naked eyes..." he continued painfully, and Momo bowed her head down with tears streaming down her face as Dada hugged her in comfort. Nayakap din ako kay Akakios dahil do'n.

"They slit their necks... I watched it... And I couldn't do anything about it..." Napatakip si Art sa bibig sa sobrang sakit na nararamdaman. They knew fragments of the story, and mostly the part on my Momo's side. They didn't know the whole story, and hearing it now, was breaking them, too.

"Each night... I carried the weeps, the eyes of madness, the merciless blade, their voices, and their blood flowing. Ang hirap. P-Pakiramdam ko nalulunod ako... hindi sa tubig, kung hindi sa dugo ng sarili kong mga magulang..." he cried and stuttered.

"Nakakabaliw. Nakakapanghina. Nakakabaliw. Nakakaubos... I just wanted to end my life, too. I wanted to just be buried alive. Nothing could ever amount to that pain..." I bit my lower lips and tried so hard not to cry.

Akakios became my blanket of strength; he was there for me, and although painful... I could breathe.

"But I found a reason to live... and that reason? To give back what they gave me. The pain. It must not be just mine..." hirap na hirap na dugtong nito, tahip-tahip ang paghinga, at namumula ang mga mata dahil sa luha.

"And if life gave you a cruel and playful fate... there would be no escape. I got my chance after everything. I got it through Princess and Empress. The innocent ones that suffered. The ones that... I chose to carry the same pain, I was carrying..." Tito Skyler told us powerfully, and I felt my heart was punched by raw emotions and shades of agony.

"There was no excuse to what I've done. There is no justifiable reason, even the pain that I felt. And for that... I'll be forever sorry..." he murmured with a head bowing down in forgiveness.

Art stood up and almost fell on the floor as she staggered, going to her father.

When she reached him, she knelt down on two knees to level down with him. "I'm sorry, Dad... I'm sorry you had to go through that pain... alone. I'm sorry... you had no one... if you only have someone... maybe the choice you had made would not even become an option. I'm so sorry... for everything..." she bowed her head and cried with an aching pain in her heart.

"If I could turn back the time, I'd be the angel to hug you... to remove those nightmares you dreamt of every night, and to remove the pain in your heart... thank you for not giving up despite everything, Dad..." Tito Skyler sobbed in torment as he also knelt down to hug his child.

"The pain that you have caused... might be unforgivable. But the love that you had... would always be the greater part that I would always love to look at. Thank you for forgiving... the Empire. Thank you for being strong even though you are alone..." Art continued with a voice that was breaking so severely.

Nagpatakan ang luha ko dahil do'n. Dada was wiping Momo's tears. Akakios made me face him, and with his eyes of purity staring at me, the pain that I was feeling became bearable, and he dried my teardrops.

"Thank you for accepting your mistakes, owning them... and changing your wrong-doings. It might never become enough for others... but for me... you've done great and you chose to go back to the right path..." she added, and Tito Skyler embraced her more to cry on her shoulder.

"And I'll be proud of that, Dad... I'll be proud to carry your name... our name... the name Morbelque. Don't be ashamed anymore, don't be pained by this name anymore... because you are my Dad..."

I hid on Akakios chest because of the words that Art was uttering. Sobrang sakit pakinggan nang mga 'yon, pero sobrang sarap din marinig. Kung gano'n na kaagad ang 'yong impact sa akin, paano pa kay Tita Annicka... paano pa kay Tito Skyler?

I was so thankful that Momo had Dada... the doofuses, the bruhas... Lolo Smith, Lola Nadine, and Lolo Bernard... that time she experienced everything.

But I realized how empty it was for Tito Skyler. And because of that he took the wrong turn. Now, I fully understood why Momo was able to forgive him, and why she chose to let Tito Skyler carry his name, although, he didn't want it anymore.

It was because the Empire had also sin against the Morbelques. And they also caused him so much torment. I became aware of how huge the effects of pain, revenge, and endless cycle of brutality brought us. And because of that... I wished that I would never make the same mistakes and choices.

Now... it became clearer why Akakios never wanted to take revenge, although, his parents died viciously in the hands of the Marquis. I could never become like Akakios. If it happened to Dada and Momo?

I'd probably want them to experience the same pain, like Tito Skyler. Pero ngayon... alam ko na na hindi magiging maganda ang resulta no'n at mauulit at mauulit lang ang lahat. Kaya't mas magiging maganda kung matitigil na ang mga pangyayaring 'yon.

"Sky... I'm sorry..." Momo murmured and went to hug him. Biglang bumuhos lalo ang luha ng lahat dahil sa ginawa ni Momo. Even Akakios's who wasn't really crying... suddenly dropped one tear from his eye.

"Skyler... I'm sorry for all the things you had to go through, and for what the Empire did to you..." Dada told him with sincerity. Tito Skyler broke down more when they enclosed him to a hug.

Halos lalo yatang umiyak ang lahat dahil do'n. Napatayo sina Theon at Cleon sa kinauupuan at mabilis na dinaluhan ang nasasaktang ama sa piling ni Tita Annicka, Art, Momo at Dada. They were bawling their eyes out because it was just so heartbreaking.

"I'm sorry... Princess... I'm sorry for not saving your twin, Empress... I'm sorry for making you witness her death... I knew how painful it is... I'm really... really... really... sorry..." Hinayaan nilang lahat na yakapin ni Tito Skyler si Momo habang umiiyak at hirap na hirap.

"For making you suffer the same pain that I had... it would be forever my sin... I'm sorry..."

"Shh, Sky... please stop blaming yourself, I should... thank you, too, you know? You let me... talk to my twin before she died, you let me... say how much sorry I am for her, how much thankful I am because of her and how much I love her. And that would be forever enough in my heart, Sky..." Momo tapped the back of his head while she was hugging him on the floor.

"P-Princess..." Tito Skyler stammered, and Momo just kept comforting him.

"Dad... I am sorry..." Cleon cried in front of him while he was still in my Momo's arms.

"Sorry for blaming you... sorry for only looking at the other side... sorry for judging you. Stop blaming yourself now, Dad. Stop carrying that pain... alone. I will gladly want to carry some for you..." he murmured while holding and caressing his Dad's hand.

"Thank you for being so strong, Dad... you should rest now, you should forgive yourself now... let me do everything in your stead now. I am your son... and I will be proud to carry your name. You are not the sinner of your generation; you are also a poor soul that was hurt and took the wrong path..." Humiwalay si Momo kay Tito Skyler, kaya niyakap ni Cleon ang ama.

"Thank you, Dad... I'm sorry... Dad," Cleon murmured repeatedly while Tito Skyler was sobbing while hugging him.

Tumayo si Momo at Dada mula ro'n at niyakap ang isa't isa. Momo was crying and Dada was kissing her forehead. They walked hand in hand to go back to where they were seated but was still gazing at the Morbelques.

Ilang saglit pa pumunta si Theon sa likod ni Cleon, at harap ni Tito Skyler. He lowered himself, and slowly knelt down in front of his father. Tita Annicka howled louder because of what she was witnessing.

Napahiwalay si Tito Skyler kay Cleon dahil do'n. Tito Skyler looked at Theon with eyes streaming down his face. Hindi man nagsalita kaagad si Theon, alam mong sobrang laki na kaagad ng epekto no'n sa magulang n'ya.

"Dad... forgive me..." he mentioned heartily in agony.

Kitang-kita mo sa mga lumuluhang mata ni Theon 'yong sakit. "I'm sorry for punching you... I didn't know... I was impulsive. I was hurt. I was selfish. I didn't think of you, I was clouded... I'll be forever ashamed of that, Dad... but please don't think that I didn't trust you, and I didn't want you as my father..."

Hinayaan ni Cleon na lumapit si Tito Skyler sa kakambal n'ya. Tito Skyler shook his head, but didn't say anything.

"I only want you as my father, Dad... kahit ikaw pa ang pinakamakasalanan sa mata ng lahat..." Theon told Tito Skyler with no pretensions, and with raw emotions. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He bowed down his head as he continued to ask for forgiveness.

Tito Skyler hugged him, and Theon broke down as he returned his embrace.

"Thank you for being the best Dad to us. Thank you for enduring things for so long. Thank you for owning your mistake, for paying for your sin, and for continuously protecting us, and the Evans..." Theon continued with a sob.

"Please... rest now with Mom. And we'll do the rest... because you deserve it, too." Mas humigpit ang yakap ni Theon kay Tito Skyler habang sinasabi ang mga salitang 'yon.

Niyakap naman ni Art si Cleon at niyapos silang dalawa ni Tita Annicka.

Humingi rin ng paumanhin sina Art, Cleon, at Theon kina Momo at Dada. They were also thankful that they forgave their Dad, and accepted him again. And for letting them use the name Morbelque, and their technique.

It was so tragically... beautiful.

The word forgiveness in act.

The word repentance in a more profound meaning.

The word understanding in flesh.

The word love in the eyes of everyone.

And the words: strings of fate... embodied by each one of us.

"Dad... I love you..." Art murmured while hugging Tito Skyler. Natigilan si Tito Skyler dahil do'n bago ngumiti nang sobrang lawak, at ngayon alam mo na ang pumapatak na luha sa mga mata ay dahil sa saya.

"I love you, Dad," Cleon also followed as he hugged Art and Tito Skyler. Natawa si Tito Skyler dahil sa sinabi ni Cleon, at tinapik ang likod nito.

Mabilis ding pumunta si Theon at yumapos sa ama at mga kapatid. "Dad, I love you," Theon mentioned unreservedly.

Hindi ko alam pero tumayo ako mula sa kinauupuan ko. I ran to Momo and Dada, although they were surprised they caught me in their arms. They were both chuckling gently because of my action, and they rubbed my cheeks to dry my tears.

"I love you, Momo!" I told her with everything in me. Momo laughed heartily at me, but then kissed my forehead with so much sincerity. "I love you, too, my Miracle... my greatest miracle..." she murmured and it made me so emotional.

"I love you so much, Dada!" I also mentioned with eyes of love. He chuckled and pinched my nose a little. Then he kissed my forehead and I could feel that his eyes were closed. "I love you so much... Miracle. You are our miracle." I smiled because of how soft and heartfelt it sounded.

Hanggang sa nagulat ako no'ng biglang may nagkulong sa yakap kina Momo, Dada, at pati na rin sa akin. "I love you, Dada. I love you, Momo. I love you, Miracle." Napangiti kaagad ako no'ng makita ko si Law.

Law kissed Momo's forehead, and mine. He cackled with Dada. And suddenly, Justice was also with us, hugging us and Law. "I love you! I love you so much, Momo, Dada, Ate!" he told us with eyes watering.

"I love you, Justice," Law murmured with a light smile on his face. "I love you, Law!" tawa ni Justice, pero alam mong seryoso s'ya sa bagay na 'yon.

"I love you, Momo!" Rebel also joined and Momo's contended laugh was so heavenly to hear, it was so healing.

"I love you, Dada. I love you, Ate. I love you mga brader! I love you, Law, I love you Justice!" Rebel cackled, and we tousled his hair. 'Yong makulit at dating bunso namin, ang laki-laki na talaga, pero kapag ngingiti alam mong s'ya pa rin 'yong batang sobrang free-spirited dati.

"Aw, how about me?" sabay-sabay kaming napaharap sa nakatayo sa unahan namin. We all laughed.

The triplets went to our real bunso, Gabby, to hug her. "I love you, Gabby," Law spoke genuinely. "I love you, Gabby!" sabay na imik naman ni Justice at Rebel sa bunso habang pinipisil ang magkabilang pisngi. Nagkatawanan tuloy ang triplets at napasimangot si Gabby.

"I love you, Gabby," I muttered with a smile, and they also included me in the hug. "I love you, Gabby." Momo and Dad enclosed us to a hug after saying those words to Gabby. I didn't know but I became more emotional when I heard how much they loved Gabby.

"I love you, Dada! I love you, Momo!" masayang-masayang sambit ni Gabby dahil nasa gitna namin s'yang lahat.

"I love you, Ate! I love you, Kuya Batas! I love you, Kuya Hustisya! I love you, Kuya Himagsik!" she uttered in so much joy, although her eyes were crying. Nagkatawanan kami ro'n kasi sobrang sarap sa pakiramdam no'n.

I didn't know how much we stayed in that hug because I just felt so comforted and safe because of it. And when I tried to look at the others, they were all in their families, too. And I could hear their soft chuckles and affection for their parents.

"I love you, Nanay, Tatay!" I heard Biblee and Hope's voice. It was a little strained from crying so much, but you could hear their pure intention of love through it.

"I love you, Mommy, Daddy!" natatawang imik naman ni Thorn at Pierce kasi baby na baby talaga sila ni Tito Thon-Thon at Tita Alyx. I smiled knowing how cute they were whenever they would call them Mommy and Daddy. Those soft saints.

"I love you, Mama, Papa!" The softness and warmness of Honoka and Akira's voice was so soothing to hear. 'Yong parang wala nang bigat at dinaramdam na sakit. At paniguradong kakaibang saya ang hatid no'n kina Tito JJ, and Tita Shana.

"I love you, Mother, Father!" I heard Harper's voice declared in gentleness, and I heard Tito Kurt's chuckle and Tita Tiara's answer. It was so heartwarming to witness this moment, and the pureness of it.

Napalingon ako sa isang banda at nakita ang Crowns na masayang nakangiti sa amin. They looked relieved and proud because of this moment. I saw how Saint was smiling at our family. And when our eyes met, I beamed at him, and he bowed a little with that smile on his face.

Hanggang sa napalingon ako kay Akakios. I saw him standing with a smile on his face. Maybe it was just my pooling tears, but he just looked... so vibrant and glimmering. His eyes were happy, but its soul seemed... sad.

I felt a slight tug in my heart because of it. Akakios...

I went to him, and hugged him, too. "I love you, Akakios..." I murmured, and I felt him kissed the top of my head without saying anything. Wala s'yang sinabi pero damang-dama ko kaagad ang pagmamahal n'ya.

We just stayed hugging each other in silence.

Matapos 'yon lumapit din kami kina Tito Skyler at sa iba pa. We told them little thank yous, and sorrys, it was just a simple phrase, but it surely made a lot of impact. I also saw how Momo and Dada hugged Saint.

Our time continued with heart melting and heartwarming moments. We were just smiling and hugging each other in contentedness. It was like a breath of sunshine and fresh air.

And with that... I knew, our bond just became stronger, and the past that caused rains, and scars would never become their weakness anymore.

***

Nasa balcony ako ngayon kasi hindi ako makatulog. Dumating ang mga bunsong kapatid nila kanina at naging mas magulo at maingay, pero mukhang napagod din kaya ngayon bagsak sila lahat kasama ang mga bata sa salas, kasi ro'n sila naghanda matulog.

Ang Crowns naman may mga sariling kwarto rin nila. I saw Dada and Momo talking to Saint earlier, too. Looked like they missed him, too. Ang sarap lang sa pakiramdam ng bagay na 'yon kaya naman masaya ako para sa kanila.

Nandito na rin sina Tita Cassy at Tito Eugene. I saw how Kellon's eyes lit up with the sight of his mother and father. The tired and heavy look on his face vanished when he saw them. Pati si Katniss tuwang-tuwa rin.

Si Sven naman mas magaan ang histura habang nag-uusap sila ni Tito Skyler kanina.

They all decided that the Mortem would be gone once again, and it would never rise from the grave. Sven respected that decision. And looked like he was happy because the Morbelques finally accepted their name.

Sven didn't really want the mortem itself. It was the name Morbelque that he wanted to be proud in using. Because for him... they weren't the past generation, they weren't his ancestors, and they would continue their legacies in a new light. And he was contented with the pure hearted acceptance that he got from the Morbelque siblings.

And the smile on his face didn't vanish when Tito Skyler told him some news. That... his Mom—Tita Vianca, was finally coming home with his father. Ngayon ko lang nakitang gano'n kasaya si Sven.

I really discovered one thing today. The meaning of family. The meaning of the ties of its bond. And nothing could amount that... ever.

"Couldn't sleep?" Napalingon kaagad ako sa biglang nagsalita at dinaluhan ako sa balkonahe.

"Dada..." I mentioned softly like the wind was slowly making my words flow effortlessly with them.

The moon in the dark sky was shining so brightly. Like its brilliance would never be dimmed even by passing clouds. The breeze was cold but it felt comforting for some reason. It was like a blanket singing some kind of lullaby for you.

"How are you, Miracle...?" he asked in a mellow tone and his palm leaned on the railings of the terrace. He looked so magnetic with the moon's light reflecting on his sculptured and ethereal face.

I was in awe looking at him. He looked so... magical. All pain, hopes, and love combined to make him... so brave, steady, and wondrous.

"Miracle?" Napakurap-kurap ako no'ng humarap si Dada sa akin at nakangiting nagtanong. I smiled while exhaling some air, and I hugged him. He chuckled because of what I did and he tousled my hair softly.

"I am fine as long as you are, Dada," mahinang sambit ko, natawa s'ya nang marahan pero hindi nagsalita, at pinagmasdan lang ang langit. His warmth... was just a different kind of home. 'Yong tipong kahit masira, maluma, at hindi mo na makilala ang hitsura... alam mong uuwian mo pa rin.

No wonder... Momo still found her way going home to him, although without the recollection of her past memories. No wonder... Dada managed to fall in love with the same woman twice.

"Dada..." I started tenderly. "What are your dreams... now?" mahinang dugtong ko, namumutawi sa labi ang tinig.

"I don't have a dream or a wish now, Miracle..." he told me sincerely, and I knotted my forehead.

"I only ever dreamt of having Light back in my arms when I lost her... and when I lost her, again. And now that I could hold her forever... I would never wish for more. She's my fulfilled hope, my dream come true... and my wish upon a falling star..."

Napangiti ako nang taimtim sa mga sinabi n'ya sa akin.

"Ikaw, anak? Ano'ng munting hiling mo ngayon?" he spoke delicately.

"I have too many wishes, Dada," natatawang sagot ko sa kanya.

"Like?"

"Hmm... for you to always be safe, and for you to get your happiness without the cruel fate making you and Momo suffer again." Dada chortled faintly.

"I want for the whole gang to stay strong and to survive the upcoming challenges and storms."

"I wish for everyone to be protected at all times, especially when we face the Domain."

"I hope that no matter how many seas, and burning bridges come in everyone's way, they will be able to stand tall again. And never give up."

"I dream that no lives will be lost because of the path I chose..."

"I aspire that happiness will find us in the end, and will be able to stand complete in the Domain."

"I desire that our Lolas and Lolos will be finally freed from the enemy's hand, and they'll be able to go back to us..."

"I wish that Akakios... will be safe and will be protected from all harm. To ascend to his place and his throne with glory, and not blood."

Dada was caressing my hair while he was listening to me while I was saying everything. He was even nodding with all my dreams. And when I stopped listing it, he searched for my glistening eyes and while smiling he asked me...

"How about a wish for yourself, Miracle?"

Natigilan ako dahil do'n. He smiled at me with that expression of peace and love. "It's okay to be selfish and choose what you really desire, sometimes, Miracle... stop worrying about others. Please... put yourself, too, on the top of your list..."

"Dada..."

"You deserve it, my love..."

Nayakap ko s'ya nang mas mahigpit dahil do'n. I felt him kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you for coming to Momo and I, Miracle. Thank you because you are our child. Thank you for all your sacrifices. And thank you that... you are still standing here, in front of me... with that smile, with that gaze, and with that heart..."

Napayakap ako sa sobrang gaan ng boses ni Dada, pero sobrang bigat ng mga sinabi n'ya. I thought... Dada already let go of what happened when we were children, on how I wanted to go with the waves... but looked like he didn't... I comforted me, but it also pained me.

Hindi ako nagsalita matapos no'n at gano'n din si Dada. Pero mong may koneksyon at nakarating lahat ng salitang gusto kong iparating sa kanya, at mga salitang gusto n'yang sabihin sa akin. We stayed like that for a while, and I felt like I was a child again inside her father's warmth and embrace.

"Thank you for not giving up on Momo... on us." I thought silently, and although unsaid, I was sure Dada's heart heard it.

My family... will be my forever strength. And with them no mountain would be high to reach, no fire would burn me, and no sky would forever cry.

***

Princess Light's POV

I was on the corner sitting while gazing at the sleeping children. Everyone was there except the Crowns—Katniss was the only Crown who was with them—and they were all tired and somehow chaotic.

I couldn't help but smile, watching them silently while I was drinking milk. Some were out of the beddings. My triplets were crumpled together, and my Gabby's head was on Law's stomach. They were so cute.

Napabuntonghinga ako. My children had been through hell, and seeing them like this... I would never wish for more. My heart felt at ease, and happy. I could only live without any worries as long as they were all fine and contented.

Hinanap ng paningin ko si Miracle, I panicked a little when I didn't see her. My heartbeat doubled. Did she become invisible again? I stood up and counted them, and there was really no Miracle. Iniwan ko ang iniinom ko at mabilis na naghanap kung nasaan ang panganay ko.

I was relieved to see her on the balcony with Gab-Gab. Mukhang nag-uusap kaya naman naglakad ako nang tahimik paalis do'n at hinayaan ang mag-ama ko. Sobrang saya lang ng puso ko dahil sa simpleng bagay na 'yon.

I went back to where I was sitting and finished the milk while I was gazing at them lovingly. I only wanted for their lives to be away from this mad bloodshed and cruel underground. But... look, they were here again.

Ang tanging gugustuhin ko na lang... wala nang manganib at masaktan ulit sa kanila.

While I was watching them, someone was stepping down the stairs quietly. Nanatili akong nakamasid at hindi nagsasalita. May dala-dala s'yang mga unan pati na rin mga kumot, at beddings. He went to the ones who were outside of the bedding, nilagyan n'ya 'yon can't tahimik, para hindi malamigan ang likod nila.

Marahan akong napangiti sa ginagawa n'ya.

I was witnessing why my Miracle fell for him. Why Miracle was so in love with him.

Akakios Laurentius de Castelian.

I viewed him as an enemy because of the Domain. I viewed his Lolo as the only man that I needed to kill for my parents and Gab-Gab's parents to finally come back home to us. They suffered for so long... I wanted them to be with their grandchildren now...

But... it was really a sin thinking of those. When this very man. This very gentle, and pure man was the one taking care and protecting my whole family... and the one who was making Miracle stronger, braver, and going on the right path.

He silently fixed their positions, and gave them pillows, too. Para walang mag-agawan at para mas mahimbing ang tulog nila. Kinumutan pa n'ya ang mga 'to, at kitang-kita mo ang pag-iingat at ngiti sa mukha n'ya habang ginagawa n'ya 'yon.

He was fixing Gabby a little because of her position, when Gabby clung on his arms. He looked startled but was soothed when she didn't wake up. Sobrang ingat at dandahan n'yang inayos 'yon at kinumutan ang bunso ko.

He caressed her forehead and hair before leaving her beside Law.

I felt at ease. Miracle... really found someone so worthy of her.

Matapos gawin ang pakay n'ya, ngumiti s'ya na para bang 'tapos na ang misyon n'ya para siguraduhing maayos ang lahat. He was so cute when he smiled, parang bata na tuwang-tuwa kasi may nagawang magandang bagay.

I stood up from where I was, and his eyes widened to see me.

He gleamed when my face became more apparent to him, and he bowed a little. I also did the same. I went to him.

"Good evening po, hindi po kayo makatulog? Gusto n'yo po ng gatas?" sunod-sunod na tanong nito sa mahinang paraan, at nag-aalala sa akin. I cackled softly, and we went to the kitchen together.

He opened the lights a little, and was about to get a milk for me, when I held his arm and made him sit on the high stool. Napakurap-kurap at mukhang nagtatakha s'ya sa ginawa ko. He looked restless, like he wanted to prepare a milk for me. Napangiti ako sa kanya lalo.

How could a person be so... pure?

"How about you, can't sleep?" I asked him instead, and took a glass from the cupboard, and went to the fridge to get some milk.

"Do you want it warm?" tanong ko sa kanya. His eyes widened, parang nabigla pa sa tanong ko. My forehead creased.

Goodness, looked like my daughter failed to do something so simple, huh? Mukhang hindi inaasikaso si Akakios, at nasanay ang isang 'to na s'ya ang palaging nag-aasikaso at nagbibigay ng mga bagay-bagay.

"Warm?" I repeated with a hesitant gaze, but with a soft smile, then he nodded.

Pinainit ko muna nang kaunti ang gatas, at napapansin kong sinusundan n'ya talaga ang kilos ko. Parang gusto pa yata ako ang pagsisilbihan n'ya. I grinned at him to ease his worry. "I am not doing this because you are the highest and the sun, don't worry," I explained with a little chuckle.

He looked so relieved because of it. 'Yong tipong kaya hindi mapakali kasi baka ginagawa ko 'to dahil sa antas n'ya sa hirarkiya. Alam mong hindi n'ya gusto ang taas at respeto na kailangan ibigay sa kanya.

"You don't like being so respected and being treated like the highest of the highest?" I asked curiously while waiting for the milk to warm.

His shoulders dropped and with a small sad smile, he nodded.

"Why? You should be used to it... one day, you'll claim the throne. And you'll be the most respected and the highest person not just here, but in your country. You'll be the emperor," pagsasabi ko sa kanya nang malumanay at nagtataka.

"And being one... people will really serve you," natatawang dagdag ko.

He looked at me with that gaze, that soft and brilliant gaze. I couldn't pinpoint it, but that glance from him makes him glisten in a new light.

"I don't need to be served because I will be the Emperor..." he murmured daintily. "Instead... I will be the one to serve the people of its land..."

Napaawang ang labi ko sa munting sinabi n'ya. I felt goosebumps on my arms because of how impactful it was, yet it was like the basic and the most simple thing for him. Natigilan ako saglit. I admired his wholeness.

"I will not be the priority; it will be the people..." he added with a bowed forehead and a little beam on his face.

The chills crept on my skin, especially when I saw him in full brightness as the sun. I blinked my times several times because I was really in awe. And when he looked at me with that warmness and solace, I felt... like I was so blessed.

"You will be a great sun..." I murmured absentmindedly.

"Salamat po..." mahinang bulong n'ya.

Sakto namang nag-warm na 'yong gatas kaya mabilis ko 'yong inilagay sa baso, bago inilagay sa harap n'ya bago ako umupo sa harap n'ya. He stared at the glass of milk in front of him.

He wasn't moving and he wasn't even looking at me.

He was staring at it... so emotionally.

"Thank you po..." he mentioned again, and my eyes widened when suddenly a tear fell from his one eye.

I was alarmed, I panicked inside of me, but I stayed calm on the outside. "Hey..." I called him. And he was shocked to see my face laced with worry. Mabilis n'yang pinahid ang lumandas na luha at hinawakan ang baso.

"Ayaw n'yo po?" he asked politely, almost offering me the milk I made for him. I smiled while shaking my head.

"I already had some," I told him honestly, and he nodded with relief.

"Wala po kayong ibang gusto?" tanong pa ulit n'ya. I shook my head at him.

"It's fine, don't worry..." I spoke gently.

He drank the milk a little, and I was like a proud and anticipating mother because I was waiting for his reaction. If he liked its warmness or anything about it. Kahit hindi ko naman tinimpla, pinainit ko lang naman.

When he smiled, my heart burst in happiness. He looked gleaming in bliss. He was nodding but his eyes were glistening because of the crystalline liquid he was trying to prevent from falling.

Why...?

"Are you... okay?" mahinang bulong ko.

Dahil yata sa simpleng tanong ko na 'yon biglang nagpatakan ang mga luha n'ya sa mata.

I panicked literally! I stood up, and looked for anything that could wipe his tears away!

"Please don't panic po, I'm okay..." he stated tenderly, and I sighed and nodded at him. Umupo ako sa harap n'ya at uminom ulit s'ya nang kaunti.

His tears were still flowing endlessly, and my heart was gripping so badly because of it.

"I'm sorry po..." he murmured shyly and wiped his tears with his arms.

"Why are you sorry for?" kunot-noong tanong ko. He shook his head lightly.

"It's just... I was overwhelmed by happiness po..." he mentioned with a smile looking at me with naked soul and fragile heart. My heartbeat doubled in pain. He looked like... he was longing so for something...

...and he found it in me.

And that was when it struck me... why he suddenly teared up just because of a glass of milk—no it was not just a glass of milk.

Silence enveloped the two of us, and I was staring at him with so much concern and care. He was smiling shyly while continuing to drink little by little. May natitira pang gatas sa labi, pero hindi pinapansin.

He was so cute. I wanted to wipe it, so I took a tissue that was near the table, and gave it to him.

"Salamat po," he mentioned and I laughed faintly. Sobrang bait.

Nang maubos n'ya ang gatas ay nagpasalamat ulit s'ya sa akin. Pagkatapos ay tinitigan ang basong walang laman. He looked so melancholy. And so soft. His eyes were screaming something... but he couldn't voice it out immediately.

Instead of asking and urging him to tell it to me, I waited while watching him.

He cleared his throat a little, and he slowly smiled at me.

"What... is... my mother... like?"

A lone silent crystal liquid fell from my one eye because of the impact of his question.

Nilaro n'ya ang kamay na nakahawak sa baso, mukhang nahihiya sa tinanong n'ya pero gustong-gusto at sabik na sabik talaga s'ya malaman ang bagay na 'yon.

"What... does she look like?" naiiyak na tanong n'ya.

Napatungo ako at tuloy-tuloy ang paglandas ng mga luha sa mga mata. Ang simple no'ng tanong pero sobrang sakit. Ang hapdi sa puso. I could feel my breath slowly becoming heavy as the grip on my wrists tightened.

Grabe...

Akakios's hidden longing and pain. It just struck my heart. He grew up in an environment where he was being forced to do what he didn't want, he managed to oppose it, but it still chased him and made him face it.

Lumaki nang walang nag-aalaga, lumaki nang solo, lumaki nang naghahanap ng magulang... pero hindi magawang magtanong tungkol sa kanila. Lumaki nang... hindi man lang alam ang hitsura nila.

Ang dami n'yang kinaharap nang mag-isa. Pero... ganito pa rin s'ya. He remained so... pure.

Kahit basag ang boses ko nagsalita ako.

"Your mother... looks like you. Her smile..." I stuttered and I cried with him. No'ng marinig ko kasi 'yong mahinang iyak n'ya hindi kinaya ng puso ko.

"Her smile resembles yours a lot... Kapag ngingiti kasi s'ya habang karga-karga ka n'ya... ang lawak ng ngiti n'ya. It will stretch so widely like yours, and the corner of her eyes would show nothing but bliss..."

Umiiyak s'yang nakikinig sa sinasabi ko, kaya nagpatuloy ako.

"She looks so pure... and someone you never wanted to see crying. She looks a little fragile like an angel. Her eyes were glistening in a shade of lighter brown whenever she will hold and talk to you..."

"Her face was circular, and she has a fair complexion..." I closed my eyes remembering the woman that looked like an angel of the forest who was suffering to protect her life from the people chasing her.

"Her eyes were bright and wide and a little chinky like they captured the moon with her soft gaze. Her nose was thin and small that fitted her face perfectly, it wasn't that high, but it also was so soft to look at... her brows was not that thick, and it would meet in a thin line when she's confused to why you are crying in her arms..."

Halos isubsob ni Akakios ang mukha sa lamesa dahil sa matinding pag-iyak sa pakikinig sa akin.

"Her lips were not thin and not that thick, it was made like it was meant for her face. It wasn't that big... it actually looks a little small when she's not smiling. She looks like a fairy... no, she looks like an angel or a guardian of the forest..."

Basag na basag 'yong puso ko habang sinasabi ang mga salitang 'yon. I didn't even know if he could picture it correctly in his head, or if I was describing it right. But I wanted to try my best for him.

"Her voice was soft like a lullaby. You'd stop crying immediately whenever you'd hear her soothe you. You even smiled when she told you your name..." Pinahid ko ang mga luha sa mga mata ko dahil do'n.

"Akakios, she told me it means pure... because she wished you to be like your father..." I murmured and remembered some stories she told me about Laurentius.

"Your father, Laurentius, was the purest man that your mother met..." I told him heartily, and Akakios looked at me in so much pain.

"She told me your father was taller than her, tanned skin because of working so hard to provide for her. And he had that strong presence like a warrior, but whenever he'd smile and talk, it all just becomes sunshine..."

Akakios smiled while shedding tears while I was telling it to him.

"He also had more chinky eyes than her. Halos mawala na kapag tatawa nang magaan at ngingiti kapag nakikita s'ya. Your mother told me your father loves flowers so much that sometimes she feels jealous of it."

Akakios and I laughed softly because of the story I told him. Kahit umiiyak at nakatingin sa akin, gusto pa rin marinig ang munting naaalala ko sa nakaraan tungkol sa mga magulang n'ya.

"Your father took care of your mother like she was the most precious and fragile thing that he held... he loved her in the purest way... in the most selfless way. If setting your mother free would save her... then it's okay lose her, but he would continue to love her from afar..."

Hindi matigil ang patak ng mga luha ko kahit anong pilit ko. I knew Master Gideon already told him the tale of his parents, but I would still gladly tell him what I heard from his very own mother.

"Their love was so... pure and never-ending. That it was envied," nasasaktang dugtong ko.

"Your mother loved your father so much... that she defied her fate for him," I added closing my eyes. I thought Gab-Gab and my story were already so pure and somehow tragic in the process... but Akakios parents surely became what sad beautiful tragic meant.

"Agnyska held you with so much love when you were born... and her eyes shined like a million fireflies... comforting her that although she lost the love of her life... that love gave her you..." I slowly stood up from my seat and went to Akakios who was crying so hard.

"She hugged you... protecting you from pain, and all the harm in the world with her own little hands and glowing hopeful gaze..."

And just like how his mother hugged and held Akakios when he was a baby, I also did the same. I hugged him and let him rest on my arms and comfort. Mas lalong nag-break down at naiyak si Akakios dahil do'n.

"I love you... my child... my Akakios..." I whispered like how her mother murmured it from the past with nothing but the purest form of love.

"I love you... my solace..." I remembered Agnyska saying with so much emotion. Marahan kong tinapik ang balikat ni Akakios kagaya ng ginawang paghele ni Agnyska sa sanggol na hawak n'ya noon habang sinasabi ang mga katagang 'yon.

"Be safe... my solace..." At pinatakan ko nang maamong halik sa tutok ng ulo si Akakios kagaya nang ginawa ni Agnyska noon habang hawak-hawak s'ya nito.

Akakios cried on my shoulder while hugging me.

"Mama... mahal na mahal kita..." he whispered in so much pain.

"Papa, mahal na mahal kita..."

"Mahal na mahal ko kayong dalawa... Mama, Papa..."

"Please guide me... please watch over me... and please be my solace..." he continued while begging and hugging me, finding the comfort of his mother through me.

I let him do that... I could only let him do that... and for him I knew it was more than enough.

He hugged like he was so afraid I'd disappear. He hugged me like a child longing so much for his mother. For his parents. Patuloy ako sa pag-iyak dahil sa sakit na dala ng munting hikbi n'ya.

Bakit? Bakit... s'ya 'yong pinagkaitan?

Hindi ko makita kung bakit kailangan s'ya 'yong makaranas nito.

Bakit... hindi n'ya man lang nakilala ang mga magulang n'ya.

Bakit... si Agnyska at Laurentius nabigyan ng gano'n kalupit na tadhana.

At bakit... naiwan si Akakios na solo sa mundong 'to.

God... My Miracle Silhouette... thank you for finding him.

And Akakios... thank you for finding your way to my Miracle.

Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal nakayakap si Akakios sa akin. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal ko s'yang pinapatahan, kahit umiiyak din naman ako. Hindi ko alam... basta gusto ko lang pawiin ang sakit at pangungulila n'ya.

And when he slowly calmed down, I cupped his face and dried his tears.

"Akakios... please call me Mama," I told him, and his eyes just started to tear up again.

"You have a family now, Akakios..."

And I hugged him tighter.

"And please call me... Papa." Napatingin kami ng sabay ni Akakios sa isang banda at nakita si Gab-Gab na nakangiti sa amin, habang nakayakap si Miracle sa kanya. I smiled at my husband and child.

And they went to us to enclose Akakios to loving embrace.

"You have a family now, Akakios..." my daughter told him lovingly, and Akakios smiled at us genuinely.

My family... is now your family, Akakios...

Please... Agnyska, Laurentius... protect my child, the moon, from harm... and please protect your child, the sun, from everything...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 10.1K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...