The Crown Sinners

By RenesmeeStories

BOOK 3 OF IMPROBUS ILLE IMPERIUM [2nd Generation] "No one dared to take their crowns away until the crown sin... More

The Characters
1: The Plan
2: Someone Special
3: Blood of the Ruler
4: Take Their Crown
5: Who Are You?
6: Locked Up
7: Batten Down The Hatches
8: Let's Play A Game
9: Improbus Ille Imperium (I)
10: Improbus Ille Imperium (II)
11: Caught In His Game
12: Game Over
13: Welcome Home
14: Back of the Blade
15: Chasing Silhouette
16: Target of Fate
17: Time To Get Even
18: Rebel's Reign
19: The Colours of Deceit (I)
20: The Colours of Deceit (II)
21: The Fallen Name
22: Just Simple Things
23: Unknown Enemy
24: No Count
25: Keep Your Faith
26: Keep Your Aim Locked
27: Up to the Next Challenge
28: The Path That Nobody Walks On
29: Return of the Commoners
30: One Fine Day
31: What is Happening?
32: Bet on Me
33: Little Things, Little Dreams
34: Witch Hunt
35: Thou Shalt Not Speak
36: The Story Continues I
37: The Story Continues II
38: Burning Cold
39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings
40: Between Staying and Running Away
41: Back on the Game
42: Protecting You
43: The Crown
44: The Lawless Auction
45: Let's Go Home
46: A Moment With You
47: Prophecy of the Sun and the Moon
48: Rightful Places
49: Writing Their Own Fate
50: Twisted Domain
51: A Story From Long Ago
52: A True Love From Long Ago
53: A Curse From Long Ago
54: Losing Game
55: Endless Slumber
56: Blood Tainted Path
57: Welcome to the Empire
58: Hidden Encounters
59: Generations of the Heartless Empire
60: Twisted Icy Rain
61: Twisted Hierarchy
62: Smiles, Sunshine, and Good Nights
63: The Burden of the Crowns
64: Every Moment We Shared
65: Always With You
66: Your Smiles, My Happiness
67: Hoping It Would Never End
68: Rush into the Secret House
69: Twisted Crimson Moon
70: Twisted Hidden Suffering
71: Twisted Scars Each of them Hid
72: Storms Could Be Weathered
73: Training Commence
74: Wheel of Danger (I)
75: Wheel of Danger (II)
76: Wheel of Danger (III)
77: Wheel of Danger (IV)
78: Twisted Core Room
79: To You Who Always Make Us Smile
80: Yours 'Til The End
81: The Start
82: Leave This Life
83: Pay For Your Sin
84: Cracking Pillar
85: Death Explosion
86: Goddess of Hunt
87: The Sinner of their Generation
88: Adding Salt to the Wound
89: The Buried Name
91: I Promise You
92: Tragically Beautiful
93: Cherishing the Present
94: Twisted Victory Party (I)
95: Twisted Victory Party (II)
96: Our Dream Come True
97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You
98: Fire is Catching
99: Bleeding Thorns
100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast
101: Nameless Sun's Cry
102: Empress of Eviralle

90: Last Battle Between Real and Fake

3.5K 182 593
By RenesmeeStories

#TCS90: The Last Battle Between Real and Fake

Miracle Silhouette's POV

"Now... now... what would they do? They are given such a short time to decide about it," Isolde commented while her eyes were keenly focusing on what was happening on the stage. Caerus was pointing the blade of his sword at the neck of Alain. Layla was already beside him, and she was pointing a gun on Caerus.

However, Caerus was looking at them with blank eyes. Even Kinsley and Gretta were also on the stage with their weapons targeting the Morbelques, and Caerus. The intense atmosphere was doubling every second, since no one from each side were showing a sign of backing down.

"That's the main point of it," I told Isolde as I saw how each of them were on edge because just one move, the start of the fight would happen in a blink of an eye. The Senses were ready to attack them. They were just waiting for an opening.

"What do you mean, Ate?" pagtatanong ni Gabby bago s'ya lumingon sa akin.

I was about to answer but it was Akakios who spoke. I smirked because he already got why this thing was revealed in this chaos, and why I used this timing, although it might seem too much, and it might look unfair to the Morbelques.

"The pressure, the revelation, the ticking time... if they will not be able to stand up after the unexpected fall that they are experiencing in this situation, they will not stand a chance against the Domain," he mentioned with a tone that was so calm, full of understanding, but with a hidden threat.

"You are in a fight, you are in a battle, there will be things that will shake you. There will be things that will cause you break downs in an instant, if you cannot surpass that in a critical amount of time, you will be only facing death..." Akakios continued, and he looked at Gabby with a sad smile on his face.

I nodded at him to agree. "Aki's right. The Domain might put us in this kind of circumstance, and if they don't snap out of it immediately and choose to dwell, it will affect their way of fighting, and it could eventually lead to their own downfall." Napabuntonghinga ako matapos kong banggitin 'yon.

Nasa gitna ka ng laban, hindi ka pwedeng bigla na lang panghinaan ng loob, hindi ka pwedeng bigla na lang umiyak at biglang kainin ng emosyon mo. Dahil hindi lang kaligtasan ng ibang tao ang nakasalalay sa maikling segundo at minuto na 'yon. Buhay mo rin ang nakataya ro'n.

"There will be no mercy in battles. You might think you might need time to process everything but in wars... no one will wait for you. Either you die trying or you die being stuck," I stated the reality that we would soon face.

Bloodshed would be inevitable, but I wanted to lessen the casualties, that was why we were preparing everything, and in those preparations, there might be situations that they would not understand but I was hoping that they would eventually comprehend to why I chose this path.

"Now... that I did my part, the result will be up to them..." imik ko nang malumanay, habang nakatitig sa tensyong namumuo sa ibaba.

Artemis closed her eyes that was full of tears. She wiped it in a forced manner, and she tried to calm herself although I could clearly see in the glisten on her eyes on how much she was breaking inside. Her heart was shattering in pieces, but she was there standing strong in front of the Senses.

Theon's hands were shaking, and the tears in his eyes were painful. He looked so hurt and conflicted. He was probably thinking of so many things inside his head, but he couldn't do anything nor control it.

Cleon dried his tears, but the expression on his face screamed help. He was still struggling but he looked like he'd still face what was happening head on. He wasn't going to back down from the setback they were experiencing.

"Are you going to let them go... or are you going to fight?" seryoso at napakalalim ng boses ni Caerus no'ng tanungin n'ya ang magkakapatid. Tito Skyler and Tita Annicka were crying silently on the side watching their children.

"How cruel..." Cleon mentioned gasping for air. His voice sounded scratchy but powerful.

"Welcome to the Empire," Caerus retorted firmly with a small grin on one side of his lips. His eyes not faltering from gazing at the Senses. The Senses couldn't even move from the pressure they were feeling from Caerus.

"I will fight..." Art suddenly mentioned as she stepped forward to get the gun on her pockets. Walang-alinlangan n'yang itinutok 'yon sa mga kalaban na nasa unahan n'ya.

"No more tears for the princess, huh?" mahinang bulong ko habang may maliit na ngisi sa labi. Although she was showing her dark and unforgiving aura. I knew that inside her, it was taking everything in her to stay that way.

Among the Morbelques she was sure the one who was hurt the most. Tinitingala n'ya si Tito Skyler. She accepted who she was with her whole identity and heart. She was proud and she wanted the Mortem to ignite its long-lost fire. Now... that she discovered the truth it would make her feel so broken, ashamed, and it was like all the things that she was believing in was crumbling down.

"I will... fight..." Theon also went a step forward with his dark eyes. Ready to take down the enemies with his will power. He looked desperate and determined to do what he could to make sure that the Senses would go down.

Theon, the one who couldn't accept their name, was hurt. But not as hurt as Art. Because almost until the end, he kept denying his name. And now, that it was revealed, he might be in pain, but at most, he would be relieved because now... he had to reason to accept nor make that name become his identity.

"I will... fight," Cleon declared with a deep powerful voice. It wasn't like a statement, those words seemed like it was rooted to be an act. He was not going to go empty handed, I was sure, he'd do everything to achieve his goal.

Cleon like Art acted like a Morbelque, but also like Theon denied the meaning of that name. Nasaktan din s'ya dahil sa nalaman, pero alam kong imbis na magalit sa nalaman at ibuhos 'yon sa magulang n'ya, ilalabas n'ya ang galit na 'yon sa ibang paraan.

"I will... fight... and I will destroy you."

Mas lalong lumawak ang ngisi ko sa labi dahil sa narinig mula kay Cleon at ang itim na itim nitong mga mata at awra habang nakatitig sa Senses. I suddenly felt goosebumps creeping in my skin because of how firm and sinister it sounded.

"We will destroy the Mortem," Art and Theon declared as they started to look more confident now about the decision they came up with the short amount of time.

I saw how Tito Skyler looked dark but proud because of the words that came out of the mouths of his children. I knew Tito would be so heartbroken if they would insist to take it back from the dead. The name Morbelque will remain, but that would be solely it. No meaning, and no mortem connected to it.

"Then... it would be a pleasure to help you destroy them..." nakangisi at halos mahinang tawa ni Caerus ang kumawala sa lugar, at mapangutyang tiningnan ang Senses.

I saw how the Senses eyes darkened as they looked so irritated with the decision that they had heard from the real Morbelques. They looked so disappointed in them.

"Cowards," angil ni Alain sa kanila, kaya naman inilagay ni Caerus ang blade ng hawak n'yang espada sa ibaba ng baba ni Alain, at itinaas ito nang bahagya, para itaas ni Alain ang ulo n'ya nang kaunti.

"You preached in taking that name from the ashes, but you are abandoning it in a blink of an eye. So fucking anti-climactic, cravens," asar na pahayag sa kanila ni Layla at saka ngumisi habang iniikot ang mga mata.

"No matter what you say, the decision will remain ours, because in the first place... you are just imitations... you are just lowly fakes," Cleon snapped back at them with a little simper on the side of his mouth as he took out two knives to hold it on his both hands.

Langitngit ng ngipin nina Kinsley at Gretta ang narinig ko dahil sa pagkaasar nila sa sinabi ni Cleon.

"You claim that you are the mortem. Now... be one with it," Art told the Senses with a creased forehead and with a dull expression on her face.

"You...!" Gretta yelled with gritting her teeth, and without any warning, she pulled the trigger of the gun that she was holding, and because of how fast it was the Morbelques were frozen on their spots, but there one person who managed to see it coming.

Caerus moved his blade, and blocked the bullet with it.

Nanlaki kaagad ang mga mata ni Art no'ng makita n'ya kung gaano kalapit sa kanya 'yong nangyari. I smirked because of how exciting it unfolded in their eyes! It was so interesting and thrilling to watch!

Isang kumpas lang ng kamay ni Caerus nasalo no'ng blade ng espada n'ya ang bullet na tatama sana kay Art, at kita mo kung gaano kalakas ang pwersa ni Caerus dahil hindi man lang tumalbog ang hawak n'yang espada.

Bagkus, kita mo pa ang bumaong bullet sa blade nito. Dang, the Crowns really knew how to make their weapons interesting. Paniguradong nagawa nilang i-improvise ang mga armas kung ano-ano pang bagay na pag-aari nila.

Caerus put the blade with the bullet on Gretta's side cheek. Gretta hissed angrily at him.

"I didn't say that you can start," Caerus demanded with so much authority. Gretta gulped, but her eyes remained so strong looking, glistening with so much resentment, and was ready to attack again.

"This is your last chance, Senses..." Caerus added with stern eyes and powerful voice.

"Then... we shall obtain it," Layla answered back with intensity.

Inalis ni Caerus ang nakalagay na espada sa pisngi ni Gretta at ngumisi sa Senses. "You could have been a great ally if you didn't choose the wrong side," kibit-balikat na sabi ni Caerus sa kanila.

"You don't say that to a foe," natatawang imik ni Kinsley kay Caerus.

At naging hudyat 'yon para sumugod ang Senses sa magkakapatid na Morbelque at kay Caerus. Mabilis na nagpaputok si Gretta gamit ang baril na hawak n'ya at pinuntirya n'ya sina Art at Cleon, the siblings managed to evade it but ducking, rolling, and jumping.

Suddenly a fast-paced fight was happening in the stage. Ibinato ni Cleon ang hawak na mga dagger sa kanila, pero hindi man lang natamaan o nadaplisan ang Senses.

Halos hilahin ni Caerus si Art para lang makaiwas sa mga bala ng baril mula kay Gretta. He managed to lift her up while holding her waist, while Art fired at the Senses with the same intensity as Gretta's attack.

Asintado si Art, pero dahil sa taglay na bilis ni Alain, natutulungan n'ya kaagad ang kapatid na si Layla, pati na rin si Kinsley maiwasan ang mga bala mula sa baril na hawak ni Art. They were all moving on the stage, it was chaotic, but that was the reason why it was exciting and one of a kind.

Hindi rin nag-alinlangan si Cleon at mabilis na sumugod sa mga kalaban n'ya. He struck first, without using any weapon. He was fighting Kinsley and Layla all at once. May hawak na kutsilyo ang dalawa n'yang kalaban.

He was bending backwards, and stepping backwards to make sure that he'd be able to dodge the cuts, and the slashes that the enemies were giving him. Mabilis n'ya ring sinisipa ang mga binti nang dalawa, kaya naman napapaatras ito sa kanya.

Then Kinsley almost stabbed him because of how strong and heavy his attacks were, but Cleon was fast enough to grab the foe's hand, and he managed to avoid the predicament. Pero maliksi naman s'yang ginantihan ng mga atake ni Layla, hindi n'ya nagawang iwasan ang ilan, dahil pilit na kumakawala si Kinsley sa kanya.

Nasugatan s'ya sa may braso dahil do'n at mabilis 'yong nagdugo. I glanced across us because of what happened, I saw how stoic and blank Sloane's face was, I couldn't help but beam interestingly because of it. Mukhang galit si Sloane, kahit gano'n ang mukhang ipinapakita n'ya.

Hindi pa ro'n natapos ang pag-atake ni Layla at Kinsley kay Cleon. Kinsley tried to twist his hand so Cleon's grasp on him will also twist and he'd be able to remove it, but Cleon jumped to twirl around while trying to attack Layla, and not fall on Kinsley's trick.

Dahil sa ginawa ni Cleon, nagawa n'yang masipa nang malakas si Layla kaya't tumalbog ito, at si Kinsley naman ay hindi nagtagumpay i-twist ang kamay ni Cleon, at 'yong kamay n'ya mismo ang na-rotate.

Cleon took the chance while Kinsley was in pain because of what happened, and he aimed a roundhouse kick against him. The attack landed on Kinsley's face, but he was still able to release a blade, and it flew to Cleon's leg. Mabuti nakaiwas kaagad si Cleon, kaya't daplis lang ang inabot n'ya.

Aatake sana si Cleon kay Kinsley, pero naharangan kaagad s'ya ni Gretta. Mabilis nakipagsuntukan si Gretta sa kanya. Gretta managed to see through Cleon's attack, and turned it against him.

"Gretta's attacks are so accurate; it is like she's seeing everything in slow-motion..." mahinang bulong ni Gabby sa tabi ko.

"Yeah, that's why she's thou shalt not see," nakangising sagot ko naman sa kapatid. Napasinghap ito dahil do'n.

Ibabaligbag sana ni Cleon si Gretta nang mahawakan n'ya ito sa kamay pero dahil alam ni Gretta ang gagawin ni Cleon, nagpadala s'ya no'ng una, pero halos sa ere s'ya biglang umikot at kumawala sa pagkakataas ni Cleon sa kanya sa ere.

Instead, she moved her leg so she'd be able to strangle Cleon on his neck, at dahil hindi nagawa ni Cleon na manlaban, s'ya ang bumagsak sa sahig, nang ilagay ni Gretta ang bigat n'ya sa kanya, sa atakeng 'yon.

Halos sakalin n'ya si Cleon dahil do'n, at nagwawala na ito sa ginawa ni Gretta. He was hitting the floor with all his might, and Gretta was struggling not to lose against him. Dehado si Cleon dahil sa naging atake at posisyon nila ni Gretta ngayon, pero nanlaki ang mga mata ni Gretta.

She immediately removed her grasp and attack on Cleon because of the sudden bullet coming in her way. Napaikot s'ya sa sahig para lang maiwasan ang mga 'yon at napalayo kay Cleon. Cleon managed to breathe again because of Art's help.

Mabilis na kumilos si Cleon at nakipaglaban kaagad ulit. He took out two knives on his pockets, and with clenched jaw, he started to go forward again to attack whoever he would come across. At nasa harapan n'ya si Alain, kaya 'yon ang kinalaban n'ya.

Alain was using a sword, and Cleon were using two daggers. Alain smirked automatically because of it. Walang salita n'yang inatake si Cleon at nagawa ni Cleon salagin ang mga atake at kumpas ng espada, gamit ang mga blade na hawak n'ya.

Medyo nahirapan din s'yang makisabay sa magkakasunod na atake ni Alain. I was not even breathing watching that scene! It was so fluid and mesmerizing to watch! Grabe! Sobrang smooth at bilis ng mga palitan nila ng atake!

Alain would do tricks, and slash using his sword, and Cleon would manage to counter it using his daggers. He would also try to combine an attack like high kicks, and roundhouse kicks to assault Alain.

Pero kahit ano'ng bilis nasusugatan pa rin s'ya ni Alain, kahit nasasaktan sa mga hiwa na natatamo, hindi mo man lang kakikitaan ng panghihina o hapdi si Cleon, bagkus mas nagiging focus pa s'ya sa palitan nila ng pagsugod sa isa't isa.

Halos tumalbog din sila nang malayo sa isa't isa dahil sabay silang umatake. Alain aimed the sword to stab Cleon, and Cleon bended backward to avoid the blade, as he got ready for a high and horizontal kick from the side.

Nagawa n'yang maka-landas ng sipa kay Alain sa dibdib kaya naman tumalbog si Alain malayo sa kanya, pero nagawa rin ni Alain mahiwa ang braso n'ya nang mas malalim dahil do'n. Napaluhod si Cleon habang dumurugo ang braso n'ya.

I saw how he gritted his teeth because of the pain. And not because he succeeded in giving a huge attack to Alain, it was over. Mabilis s'yang pinaulanan ng mga bala ni Layla dahil sa nangyari, nakaiwas si Cleon, pero dahil sa hiwa sa braso n'ya, muntik na s'yang matamaan.

Mabuti na lang nagawa s'yang hilahin ni Theon, at mabilis na umatake si Theon para sipain ang baril na hawak-hawak ni Layla, kaya naman hindi mapuruhan si Cleon dahil do'n. Napangisi ako. They were instinctually protecting each other, that was a good one.

Cleon stood up from being down, and Art went to him. Art cut a portion of her upper clothes to tie it on Cleon's bleeding arm. Cleon's eyes darkened the moment he saw that Art had different bleedings on her arms, and legs.

"You should be more careful," he demanded at Art with clenched teeth.

"Says the one with a deep wound." Irap ni Art sa kanya.

"Aray!" Cleon hissed because of how careless Art was tending into him. Natawa si Art sa kuya n'ya at napailing-iling. He tapped his shoulders. And they smiled at each other.

Nakita ni Cleon na hindi lang s'ya ang maraming puro. Pati si Theon gano'n din. May daplis pa ng baril sa isang binti kaya hirap magbigay ng mga sipa. Theon was the one who tended to himself, while Art was fighting to stop the enemies from approaching Theon.

The blood on the stage were so red because of how fast, intense, and strong their assaults were for each other. No side was even backing down with everything. Halata mong kahit gumapang na sila, hindi sila magpapatalo.

"Caerus was just trying to take them away from danger, but he wasn't really fighting them," puna ni Isolde kay Caerus na nakikipaglaban ngayon kay Kinsley nang mabilis na suntok, pero mapapaatras lang si Kinsley, kapag nabibigyan s'ya ng malakas na suntok at tadyak ni Caerus.

Caerus was merely trying to slow down the Senses and directing them to attack Art, Cleon, and Theon instead of him. Nakakalaban lang talaga s'ya kapag may ginagamot si Art, o kung sino man sa kanila. Hindi n'ya hahayaan na may lumapit sa kanila sa gano'ng sitwasyon.

"Despite of the limits, you could really see how calculating, precise, and strong his moves are," Isolde added with a smirk on her face.

"The way he fights is truly one of the interesting ones..." Gabby mentioned while looking at Caerus keenly. Napatango ako sa kanya para sumang-ayon.

"The way he battles isn't flashy, instead, it seems like he's not fighting nor moving at all, but the damage is surely hefty," Akakios stated while watching how Caerus was fighting. Napangisi ako dahil kada may napapanood si Akakios na ganyang laban, mabilis natatak sa isip n'ya.

Ahh... I didn't want Akakios learning these kinds of attacks and fights. Magiging sobrang frustrating nito kapag ginawa n'ya. Akakios eyes weren't to be joked around. He could memorize that easily, and he'd be able to use it.

Pero hindi mo mapapansin na napag-aralan o nakuha n'ya sa iba 'yong galaw na 'yon, kasi nagagawa n'yang ilabas ang full potential ng bagay na 'yon, at masasabi mong kanya ang mga galaw na 'yon, at hindi kopya basta-basta kagaya ng kay Catherine Servilla.

Truly a terrifying technique.

The way Caerus does combat wasn't that eye-catching especially when seeing the Morbelques do their best in their own flashy, and destructive way. Caerus would fight you, but he'd still be standing on his position like an immovable statue.

And he'd be able to see your moves, and mannerisms in fights in a flash, making it easy for him to play with you like you were winning. Aakalain mong mananalo ka sa laban, dahil puro iwas ang gagawin ni Caerus sa 'yo.

But that was just his first step. Kapag nagawa n'ya nang aralin ang mga galaw mo—anggulo, lakas, bilis, at maging posisyon mo—malalaman n'ya na kaagad ang mga susunod na gagawin mo, kaya naman sa isang atake, magagawa ka n'yang patumbahin.

Kahit akala mo ikaw na ang panalo. He'd take you by surprise. He wouldn't even look like he was studying you. And it was kind of annoying to deal with it because you'd never know when he'd attack you, and when he'd trick you.

Hindi lang 'yon, Caerus could become destructive, too. He could suddenly move a lot. Like he wasn't going to be tired. Kahit hindi n'ya kailangan gumalaw, kaya n'yang maging maliksi at magulo sa lugar.

You'd be so confused and irritated because of that taunting. Kasi hindi mo na malalaman kung nasaan ba talaga s'ya o kung paano s'ya susugod sa 'yo, para ka n'yang paglalaruan, at para ka n'yang lilituhin hanggang maubos ang pasensya mo.

Idagdag mo pa na mautak, at matalino rin ang isang 'yan. He was kind of unpredictable but nerdy at the same time. You wouldn't really know what he'd be doing because of his opposing personality and duality.

And another thing that he excelled the most would be his ability in medicine. Amongst the Crowns, he was the so-called healer. Hindi lang halata kasi hindi n'ya madalas ginagamit. Sloane could second him in this ability.

Right now, Caerus wasn't really interfering so much in the battle, but he was sure adding pressure, and fears in the Senses. I smirked because I put him there for him not just to protect the Pasaways when something goes wrong, but to also study the Pasaways at the same time.

"Caerus sure has a lot in his hands right now," Akakios mentioned when he saw how Caerus was fighting but also glancing on how the siblings were doing their own onslaught.

I gulped secretly when I saw Isolde and Gabby looked at him a little puzzled. Akakios shrugged his shoulders at them, and showed me a slow smirk. Nangilabot ako dahil nagawa n'yang makuha at madiskubre kaagad ang ibang bagay na pinagawa ko kay Caerus.

Dang, nothing really escapes the Emperor's eyes.

I shook my head lightly because Aki once again focused on the fight that was going on, and proceeded in watching, too.

Theon was fight alone, with a little of Caerus's help. He was dealing with Kinsley, and Layla. While Art and Cleon were teaming up to battle Alain, and Gretta.

Hindi nagpatinag si Cleon kahit may mga galos na s'yang natamo at hirap na n'yang igalaw ang isang kamay n'ya dahil sa matinding sugat na nakuha n'ya ro'n. Alain went to him and with his light movement, and threw different kinds of punches at Cleon.

While Art was fighting Gretta with all her might using knives.

Cleon was barely managing to defend himself against Alain's attacks. Sobrang bilis ng mga suntok ni Alain. He would punch straight, then would do a hook, after he'd suddenly do an uppercut when he would see an opening in Cleon's defense. Halos napapaatras na si Cleon dahil sa ginagawa ni Alain sa kanya.

Pero hindi hindi s'ya nagpapatinag. He'd also throw counterattacks, and Alain would back away because of the power those throws hold. Dahil sa nangyari nakakuha nang momentum si Cleon sa laban nila.

Mabilis n'yang kinuha ang braso ni Alain, at saka n'ya 'to mabilis na hinigit para ilagay sa balikat n'ya at mabilis na ibalibag sa sahig. Nang magawa n'ya 'yon, mabilis naman s'yang binaliktad ni Alain. The foe released hard shots on Cleon's face, nagawa man ni Cleon depensahan ang sarili n'ya hirap pa rin s'ya dahil sa sakit na natatamo n'ya.

"Oh come on, use your technique, and you'd be able to fight us evenly," natatawang imik ni Alain sa kanya.

"I don't depend on that technique," Cleon answered with so much control, as he overturned Alain, and he was now the one who struck him with punches while he was dominating him on the floor.

Babaliktarin sana ni Alain ang posisyon nila pero kaagad na nakatayo si Cleon patalon at paalis sa kanya. At kahit hindi n'ya tingnan ang kapatid na si Art, nasalo n'ya kaagad ang baril na ibinato nito patungo sa kanya.

He didn't hesitate and pulled the trigger to target Alain, mabilis na umikot si Alain sa kinahihigaan n'ya para makalayo sa balang mabilis na pinapakawalan ni Cleon patungo sa kanya. Naubos ang bala no'n, pero nagawa pa rin ni Alain makatayo nang hindi natatamaan nang iniisa ro'n.

Cleon gritted his teeth in irritation, and went to Alain again to duel. Kita ko ang matinding inis sa kanya dahil hindi basta-bastang kalaban si Alain, o ang kahit sino man sa Senses, they were not the ones they were used to fighting.

The Senses doesn't just assault, they think what kind of attack they'd do, and they would even try a mind game with you.

Nakalayo si Alain kay Cleon, at bigla na lang lumapit sa kanya si Art habang nakahanda ang mga kamay sa pagsuntok sa kahit sino. Theon also bumped at them, and Caerus came close to them. Napansin nila na napapalibutan na sila ng Senses ngayon, at umiikot ang mga ito habang nakaharap sa kanila.

The tension in them became more palpable. They were all breathing heavily, and they were all focusing on their next movements. They looked so angry and determined to take each other down. They should be. Take that rage. And make sure you used it in action, it'd show great results when it comes to this situation.

Nagtititigan silang lahat at humihinga nang malalim, at nang matapos ang tila pagkilatis sa mga abilidad o gagawin na kasunod na atake nang bawat isa, mabilis silang sumigaw at sumugod laban sa isa't isa.

Cleon was now facing Kinsley, and they were exchanging punches, and kicks with each other. Next to them was Art who was fighting Layla, napalingon saglit si Cleon kay Layla, at nakita n'yang hahagisan nito si Art nang pampasabog, kaya naman mabilis na hinablot ni Cleon ang kapatid at halos ihagis sa isang banda.

Cleon jumped at the explosive, and kicked it to them, before pulling Art once more to go out of the stage. Sa bilis nang pangyayari, bigla na lang may malakas na pagsabog ang naganap sa stage. Halos lamunin 'yon ng usok sa lakas.

Mabuti na lang kita ko pa rin ang nangyayari. Caerus managed to get Theon who was fighting Alain, out of the stage. And they ducked on its edge avoiding massive damage. Art and Cleon were also safe from it.

Nagawa ring makaalis ng Senses sa stage, at wala sa kanila at nakakuha ng pinsala. Mukhang nagawa nilang planuhin 'yon gamit ang tingin sa isa't isa. At dahil sa kapal ng usok, kinuha nila ang oportunidad na 'yon para kalabanin pa ang mga Morbelque nang hindi nila hahalata.

The siblings didn't have any lenses on them, that was why they couldn't really see the surrounding, napapaubo-ubo na rin sila dahil do'n, pero nakakuha kaagad ang Senses ng mask mula sa lalagyan ng mga gamit at mabilis na pinagbabaril ang mga Morbelque kung nasaan sila ngayon.

Mukhang nakakuha kaagad ng masks kanina ang Senses, kaya naman sinuot na nila ito ngayon. Kaya pala ang dami nilang pinagkukuha na kung ano-ano sa weapon's side area.

The Pasaways on the side who were watching stood up from where they were sitting. Kita ko ang inis at matinding pag-aalala sa kanila, dahil sa magkakasunod na putok nang bala. They were all nervous and frustrated because although they could do something they weren't allowed at all.

"Are we not allowed to go there?!" nag-aalalang imik ni Hope.

"Rules are rules," matalim na imik ni Rebel sa kanya, kaya't natigil 'to sa sobrang pag-aalala. I could see in her eyes how much she wanted to go there and help the siblings.

"We are not allowed to go to the stage, right? That's it?" tanong naman ni Honoka kay Rebel. Tumango si Rebel. That was their challenge. The dread of watching what was unfolding but they could not really do anything about it.

"Thorn!" biglang sigaw ni Pierce no'ng umalis si Thorn sa kinauupuan.

Mabilis pumunta si Thorn sa gilid kung nasaan ang mga weapons. He took a tablet and a small box. Napangisi kaagad s'ya dahil do'n. Mabilis n'yang hinagis ang tablet at maliit na box kay Biblee.

Nagawang saluhin ni Akira ang bagay na 'yon para kay Biblee.

"What the heck?" hindi makapaniwalang imik ni Akira kay Thorn.

"We are not allowed to go on the stage, but I think we are allowed to help in removing the smoke, ain't it?" Napangisi kaagad ako nang malawak dahil sa naging sagot ni Thorn. Biblee's eyes widened and she automatically took the tablet and the box from Akira.

Nagulat na naman sila dahil sa putok ng baril na naririnig, at isa na namang malakas na pagsabog, kaya imbis na mawala ang usok, mas maging malaki at makapal 'yon.

"Are we allowed to help them in instructions?" Biblee hurriedly asked Justice while she was trying to click things fast on the tablet. Thorn also wore the lenses that he got for himself.

Nakita kong tumingin si Justice sa akin. I thought for a second, let see what they would do. I nodded to allow it. However, there would still be certain restrictions for them to help. They wouldn't be able to see the whole stage to go there. The tablet information wouldn't show them the cameras and feed that I was seeing.

But they could surely do something from that tablet although it won't be that useful for intel's instructions.

"As long as you are not going to combat on stage. I guess you can help a little," Justice mentioned coolly, not even panicking with what was happening, although he could see that the Morbelques were at a disadvantage, right now.

"Is the speaker on?" tanong ni Thorn kay Biblee.

"Yeah!" mabils na sagot nito.

"On your right, Kuya Cleon!" sigaw kaagad ni Thorn. Natawa ako nang marahan dahil do'n. Because of Thorn's voice from the speaker, kahit wala silang earpiece device para makipag-communicate at gawin ang trabaho nang intel sa napakaepektibong paraan. They still managed to do some alternative. That was great.

"Alain's approaching on your back Art!" Thorn once again mentioned through the speaker. He was having a hard time seeing things from his position, he looked a little thwarted because of it, but he still went on.

"I'm near in trying to manipulate the stage!" imik ni Biblee. "Please continue to help them!" she added, and Harper took the tiny box from Biblee. Mabilis n'yang sinuot ang lenses na nando'n at kaagad ginawa ang ginawa ni Thorn.

"An incoming attack on the right, Theon!" Nakaiwas kaagad si Theon sa muntik nang atake ni Kinsley sa kanya, nagawa n'yang maibalibag si Kinsley dahil sa bilis ng instinct n'ya at sa sinabi ni Harper.

Biblee was still doing her best to do something with the stage.

"Can you tell me where's Art?" imik ni Honoka bigla kay Harper.

"Wait, I can't see properly," naiinis na sambit ni Harper habang nakatingin sa makapal na usok na nasa harap n'ya. Bigla na naman may pagsabog na nangyari, kaya't mas lalong naging mausok sa stage at gitnang bahagi ng lugar.

"Hey... the smoke... is poisonous." Nanlaki ang mga mata ng lahat sa kanila no'ng biglang sinabi ni Akira 'yon.

The Crowns looked alarmed because of it, but they couldn't really do anything. Napatayo na si Sloane sa kinatatayuan n'ya. Her hands were balled and she looked like she was ready to jump but just one glance from us, she was back on her seat.

I glimpsed at Akakios and saw how hard his facial expression was. There was not drop of worry on it, it was pure anticipation, and he was also showing authority that no matter how much you wanted to help those who were in the smoke, you couldn't and you wouldn't dare with his presence on you.

"What kind of poison?" tanong kaagad ni Honoka sa kapatid na si Akira.

"Something that paralyzes, or makes you feel sleepy and weak," Akira retorted seriously. He looked worried about those who were exposed in the air.

Mabilis na tingnan ni Honoka ang bracelet n'ya. "Where's Art's location?" she asked Harper again.

"Middle... uh, a little from the right. She's with Caerus," Harper replied in confusion because of Art was fighting and they were moving fast.

Kinuha ni Honoka ang isang bilog mula sa bracelet n'ya. "This is a medicine that can counter the effect of that poison." Nanlaki ang mga mata nila sa sinabi ni Honoka. She smiled at them, like she expected this kind of thing.

"Let me help in throwing it to them," Pierce volunteered and opened his palm to Honoka. Kaagad nilagay ni Honoka na bilog na 'yon sa kanya.

"Looks like they are prepared for physical battles but not the mental ones, eh?" natatawang imik ni Isolde sa akin, at natawa ako nang mahina. I felt so good because they were now thinking on their own, and not depending on my siblings.

Nanatiling nanunood si Law, Justice, Rebel at Luna sa kanila. They were just studying their reactions, plans, and their abilities. They were taking so much information from them and it was great.

"Can you tell me again the location of Art, and tell her to catch it?" sambit ni Pierce.

"Sure!" Thorn mentioned with a beam. At nang sabihin ni Thorn kung nasaan si Art, umimik kaagad s'ya nang malakas para marinig 'yon ni Art. Art and Caerus became alerted because of it. Natigil si Art sa pakikipaglaban, at si Caerus naman ay mabilis na prinotektahan si Art.

Pierce threw the first one precisely. Kahit buksan lang ni Art ang palad n'ya lalagpak ng kusa sa kanya ang hinagis ni Pierce. She opened it immediately and took it. Mabilis ding ibinato ni Pierce ang para kay Caerus.

"What was one of a heck accuracy," Isolde commented in amazement. Natawa naman ako ro'n. They have really grown, huh?

Thorn and Harper looked for Theon and Cleon's positions, and they also gave them the medicine that Honoka had. Habang patuloy sa pakikipaglaban sina Cleon, Theon, Art at Caerus sa Senses.

The Senses was able to plan things just by seeing the weapons on the weapon area, and they used it efficiently to attack the Pasaways. The Pasaways also had the same chance as the Senses. Dahil parehas lahat ng explosives, weapons, at kung ano-ano pang bagay ang nakalagay sa area na 'yon.

But they were too focused on the taunting that happened, while the Senses were a step ahead of them. That was why this situation right now was happening. But I was glad that even under pressure they managed to get a hold of the situation, and control it although they were at a disadvantage.

Isa na naman pagsabog ang nangyari, kaya naman mas nataranta si Biblee sa ginagawa n'ya. I smirked because she was taking her time. Why? Of course, she'd have a hard time from Justice's system, it wouldn't be easy to infiltrate.

Nanatili lang nanonood ang mga kapatid ko sa kanila. Nakaupo lang sila lahat at nanonood nang mahinahon at tahimik.

Akira was helping Biblee in his own way. He was assisting her, and Thorn and Harper would continue to instruct the Morbelques and Caerus to the best of their capabilities. They were really doing their best, and it was good.

Patuloy naman sa pakikipaglaban ang mga nasa loob ng usok kahit halos walang tigil ang mga pagsabog na nangyayari do'n.

Art was fighting with Layla. And Layla was a little confused because it looked like the smoke's poison wasn't affecting Art. Courtesy of Honoka. Layla had a mask so she could see and avoid the smell perfectly.

Mabilis nakakuha ang Senses no'n dahil planado nila ang nangyari kanina. The Morbelques could have done that, too. If they only took masks from the area with the different weapons.

May dalawang kutsilyong hawak si Layla habang nakikipaglaban kay Art, samantalang walang kahit ano'ng armas si Art. Caerus couldn't help Art because he was dealing with Alain. While on the other side Cleon was fighting Kinsley, and Theon was fighting Gretta.

Layla attacked Art with the knives on her hand, nadaplisan kaagad si Art malapit sa may tyan n'ya kaya't napangiwi 'to sa nangyari. She was struggling to see Layla's movements because of the smoke, but she was putting up a good fight.

Art flipped back to avoid another slash from Layla. Art was doing her best to defend herself against Layla's nimble assault. Nagagawa n'yang harangan gamit ang kamay at braso n'ya ang mga atake ni Layla.

She also backed away a little and kicked the knife from Layla's hand. She was about to jump to take it from her, but Layla was faster to take it back, napatalon s'ya papalayo at halos matumba dahil sa ginawa ni Layla.

Pero hindi s'ya sumuko sa ginawa ni Layla. Art removed the jacket that she was wearing, and looked at Layla with eyes on fire. "I'll end you!" sigaw ni Art kay Layla, pero ngumisi lang si Layla para hamunin si Art.

Layla used her knife to try and cut Art, but Art was using the jacket that was wrapped on her hands, kaya kahit matamaan ang kamay n'yang may jacket hindi tatagos 'yon para mahiwa s'ya. Art attacked forward with that jacket.

While she was dodging down, and bending back just to avoid its slash. Layla was fast and she was giving Art a hard time, but Art had the momentum to suddenly remove the jacket that was wrapped on her hand.

Sasaksakin sana s'ya ni Layla sa may tiyan pero nagawang ibalot ni Art ang kamay ni Layla na may kutsilyo. Sobrang bilis n'yang nabalot ang kamay at kutsilyo, pagkatapos natadyakan n'ya ang isa pang kutsilyo na isasaksak din sana sa kanya ni Layla.

Layla couldn't remove her other hand that was tied on the jacket. Ginamit ni Art ang pagkakataon na 'yon para higpitan ang pagkakawak sa kamay na 'yon at mabilis n'yang sinuntok 'yon kay Layla. Natamaan si Layla nang sarili n'yang kamay.

At ibinababa ni Art ang pagkakatali n'ya sa jacket, para lumabas ang talim ng kutsilyo mula ro'n at kinontrol para itira kay Layla. She succeeded and she made Layla bleed a little on the side of her stomach.

"Now we are even," Art told Layla with a smirk on her face. Ngumisi at tumawa si Layla dahil do'n. At mabilis na tinadyakan si Art sa tyan, napalayo s'ya dahil sa atake na 'yon, pero hindi binitawan ang jacket na may kamay ni Layla at kutsilyo.

Art aimed for a jump that would twist Layla's arm, but Layla saw it coming, and they both spun in the air. I cackled because of how intense yet interesting their fight was. You could really see that they were both giving the best.

Dahil sa bilis nang laban na 'yon, nagawang makawala ni Layla sa jacket, pero nabitawan n'ya ang kutsilyo. Nalaglag 'yon kukunin sana ni Art, pero natadyakan na kaagad ni Layla papalayo, kaya sumugod ulit sila sa isa't isa.

No one was backing down on them and it was a good fight.

On the other hand, Theon and Gretta were fighting near Cleon and Kinsley. They were both fast-paced. If I weren't used to those kinds of fights, I wouldn't be able to follow their moves. It wasn't that destructive and flashy, but it was sure fast.

They were moving by instinct. Kita mo kung paano umiiwas at umaatake ang bawat isa sa kanila sa napakabilis na paraan. Walang sumusuko, at dire-diretso. Bawat palitan ng suntok mabilis. Natatamaan si Theon ng mga suntok, at napapaatras sa tindi ng bigat ng atake ni Kinsley.

But he'd get back up, and he'd go attack him with a roundhouse. Nahawakan kaagad ni Kinsley ang paa ni Theon bago 'yon tumama sa mukha n'ya, pero kaagad bumuwelo si Theon para 'yong kabilang paa naman n'ya ang gamitin para ihampas sa ulo ni Kinsley.

Kinsley didn't see it coming, and his balance was a little off because of it. Pero kaagad din naman s'yang nakabawi at mabilis na umatake ulit kay Theon. He took a knife on his one hand, and went to attack Theon in a speed.

Nadaplisan si Theon dahil sa matinding usok at hindi n'ya kaagad nakita ang atake ni Kinsley. Napaatras s'ya dahil do'n at biglang nagdilim ang paningin. He looked at Kinsley with that annoyed grin on his face.

He hissed, then went forward to fight Kinsley again. Sobrang bilis ng suntukan nila sa isa't isa, na parehas silang napapaatras kapag may nakakatama sa kanila. Napapangisi ako dahil hindi akalain ni Theon, na kahit binibigay na n'ya ang lahat n'ya hindi n'ya pa rin magawang mapatumba si Kinsley.

They were slowly realizing why the Senses were the pillar of the fake Mortem. Aside from how good they were in organization, plans, and their skills. They were this strong. If it were ordinary adversaries, the prowess that the Pasaways were showing were truly great.

It was already equalled to the skills that it would take to be Crowns. Pero kahit gano'n mas dehado pa rin sila sa Senses. Kasi gano'n kalakas ang Senses. The Crowns didn't underestimate the Senses because they knew that the Senses weren't your ordinary enemies.

Nasaksihan nila 'yon nang mata sa mata. They saw how the Senses were great in not just physical skills, but the way they planned everything in the underground world, and in the Empire University.

Kung mahina ang Senses, ni makapasok sa school na 'to hindi na nila magagawa, pero tingnan mo kung nasaan sila ngayon. They even succeeded in sneaking in their people in this school. And the could stand on par with the Crowns.

They shouldn't have let their guards down. Hindi porke isa-isa na nilang kinakaharap ang Senses ngayon, magagawa nilang manalo kaagad. They would need not just one force to make them bleed, they would need their whole forces to take them down.

Napaatras si Theon dahil sa daplis na natamo n'ya kay Kinsley. Napapunta s'ya malapit kay Cleon, kaya naman sabay silang napaharap kay Kinsley at Gretta. The two opponents looked at each other. Kinsley advanced forward while Gretta stayed at the back.

Sumugod din kaagad si Theon sa kanya, at mabilis na nahuli ang kamay na may kutsilyo. Mabilis n'yang pinilipit ang kamay ni Kinsley, at nang kakawala na si Kinsley kaagad na tumalon si Theon sa likod nito, at umibabaw s'ya ro'n, at mabilis na sinipa si Gretta na nasa harap na ni Theon.

He slid towards Gretta with his kick, and Gretta's gun flew because of it. Nasaktuhan ang sipa ni Theon sa kamay ni Gretta kaya bago pa ito makabaril nagawa n'ya na 'tong atakihin. Napangisi ako dahil do'n.

"That's a good move." I heard Isolde mentioned, and I nodded at her to agree.

That was fast but a great move. Mabilis sinipa ni Theon mula sa likod si Kinsley, at kaagad na hinarap si Gretta. Mabilis na salag ni Gretta ang mga suntok at sipa na binitawan ni Theon, habang nilabanan ni Cleon si Kinsley na kaharap n'ya na ngayon.

Hinarap ni Theon si Gretta. Ngumisi ang huli at hinamon ang nauna.

Theon dodged Gretta's move, and spun his other leg and tried to trip her, but Gretta saw it coming, and she jumped and threw a punch on Theon. Mabilis nakaiwas si Theon sa pag-bend n'ya patalikod.

Then another explosion happened, and they both bowed down to protect themselves, and Gretta attacked Theon. Nakahiga si Theon dahil do'n, Gretta went on top of him to give him a strong punch.

Napangiwi ako dahil kaagad dumugod ang gilid ng bibig ni Theon dahil do'n. Nakabawi naman si Theon para atakihin si Gretta. There exchange of fights were high levelled, it was precise, strong, and great.

Tinulungan ni Cleon si Theon, kaya naman nakawala si Theon no'ng bigyan ng sipa ni Cleon si Gretta. Pero dahil do'n nawala ang atensyon n'ya kay Kinsley. Nagawa ni Kinsley na mapatumba si Cleon dahil do'n.

"You focus on your enemy, bastard," Kinsley mentioned angrily.

Magkatalikuran ngayon si Theon at Cleon habang nakaharap sa kanila si Gretta at Kinsley. The two enemies didn't back down and went to onslaught them.

Mabilis namang nagtulungan ang kambal sa kalaban nila. They blocked the attack, but received some damage because of how strong it was, but they managed to exchange weapons, and they gave Kinsley and Gretta cuts on their arms.

Halos hinihingal na sila dahil sa matinding labanan at palitan ng mga atake laban sa isa't isa.

"They are going to run out of time," Isolde mentioned critically.

"The fast-paced, and the strong exchanges are causing them to get exhausted. If this pace continues, they'll face great dangers, especially in this setting," she added watching what was happening in our screens.

"They really need to think on how to finish the Senses," Gabby seconded, because they were seeing on how tired, and how the damage was affecting the Morbelques.

Mas maraming natamong sugat, galos, at pinsala sina Theon, Cleon, at Art kaysa kina Gretta, Kinsley, Alain, at Layla. And the fight wasn't going to end in their favour if this thing continued. They needed to think of something to counter them.

Magkatalikuran ang kambal at patuloy na dinedepensahan ang sarili laban kay Gretta at Kinsley. Si Art at Caerus naman magkasama rin laban kay Alain at Layla.

They were going one-on-one. Sobrang dehado sina Theon at Cleon dahil bukod sa lakas ng mga kalaban, hirap pa sila makakita sa paligid nila. Muntik na silang masaksak ni Kinsley, at Gretta dahil sa kapal ng usok, pero nagulat ang dalawa no'ng bigla na lang maging sobrang liwanag sa lugar.

"Finally!" screamed one voice. I looked at where it came from, and it didn't surprise me to see Biblee jumping up and down. She barely managed to infiltrate the system, and now, somehow some things were going to be in her control.

Mabilis na in-activate ni Biblee ang fan sa may lugar kung nasaan sina Theon. At hinigop no'n ang usok sa buong paligid. Kitang-kita ko kung paano nainis sina Gretta dahil sa nangyari, at habang naglalaban sila.

Marahang nawala ang usok sa buong paligid. At sa wakas, nagkaro'n din ng mga ngiti sa labi nina Art, Theon, at Cleon.

They didn't let the slowly vanishing smoke distract them, instead, they attacked the Senses without hesitation. The Senses also removed their masks to fight more fiercely and with a destructive power.

When the smoke completely vanished their movements and fights led them back to the stage. Napanganga ang mga pasaway dahil nakita nila kung paanong buong-buo pa rin ang stage na parang walang sumabog na mga explosive dahil do'n.

They were all intensely doing their best... they were all receiving damages, but... suddenly it stopped.

"Kinsley?" sabay-sabay na natigil ang laban at napatingin si Alain at Layla dahil sa sinabi ni Gretta.

Kinsley's eyes widened as he continued to vomit blood.

"What the fuck?" Kinsley murmured as his hands slowly shook, and how he slowly knelt down. Napangiwi ako dahil sa patuloy n'yang pagsusuka ng dugo.

Napatitig si Gretta kina Theon at Cleon. Pagkatapos nanlaki ang mga mata n'ya no'ng napahawak s'ya sa dibdib n'ya. "F-Fuck!" she muttered in a full voice, as she also started to vomit blood. Kitang-kita mo ang pamumutla sa mukha ni Gretta dahil do'n.

Nakita ko kung paano ngumisi si Art dahil sa biglang nangyari.

"Morbelque..." imik ni Gretta habang patuloy ang pagsusuka nang dugo.

"I-I thought you'd never use..." Hindi maituloy ni Kinsley ang sinasabi n'ya dahil sa matinding pag-ubo pati na rin ang matinding panghihina. He was shaking so badly because of the internal damage he was now facing.

"You used the technique!" sigaw ni Gretta sa kanila bago napaubo-ubo.

Natigilan si Layla at Alain sa isa't isa. Kitang-kita mo ang kaba nila para sa isa't isa imbis na sa sarili. At kasabay no'n ang sabay nilang pagsusuka ng dugo kagaya nang nangyari kay Gretta at Kinsley.

"A-Alain..." Layla stammered when she saw how Alain held his chest, he must be experiencing it tightening so bad.

Dinamayan ni Layla si Alain, pero s'ya rin ang napaluhod dahil sa biglang pagsusuka nang mas maraming dugo.

"That's... so... gross..." nandidiring imik ni Gabby habang pinapanood ang nangyayari.

"H-How..." nanghihinang sambit ni Gretta.

Art went to walk in front of them with a gun on her hand pointing at the Senses who were kneeling down in front of them. Her dark eyes and dark aura was engulfing the Senses. It was so freaking powerful that you could feel its heaviness.

"Dad... destroyed our own name for his sin..." mahinang bulong ni Art.

"But he never... did tell us to stop using the Morbelque's technique," dagdag ni Theon habang naglakad at may baril din sa kamay at itinutok din sa mga kalaban nila.

Napangisi ako dahil do'n. "Looks like... Morbelque will remain Morbelque even in times of danger," I told them with a smirk, Akakios nodded with keen eyes observing them. Natatawa namang napapailing si Isolde sa narinig sa akin.

"He even taught us how to use it... and I think... we know the reason for it..." Cleon told them as he stepped forward to aim the gun at the heads of the Senses who were all vomiting blood, and couldn't speak because of it.

"This technique should carry the weight of our sins..." Theon started with a deep voice.

"And should never be buried because it wasn't ours anymore... because it will be used..." dugtong ni Cleon, bago ikasa ang baril at itutok muli 'yon sa mga Senses.

"To protect the Smith-Evans..." Art finished their sentence, and I felt the goosebumps with it.

Nakita ko kung paano napayakap si Gabby sa sarili n'ya dahil sa narinig mula sa magkakapatid. Napangisi rin ako dahil do'n. They got it. The message. They fully understood everything. And a flow of emotion and proudness waved in my heart.

"Don't use our name for your own selfish reasons. Because it wasn't ours anymore, for it shall be offered to the ones who suffered and died," mahina pero buong pusong imik ni Theon.

"Don't let it be tainted by a circle of revenge anymore. For it shall rest in peace with the lives it took." Malungkot na napangiti si Cleon habang iniimik nang mapayapa ang bagay na 'yon.

"We will continue to pay for the sins of our parents... that will be our promise..." Art mentioned with sad eyes. "But do you know? Their blood might be flowing in us... but their sins will never be ours."

Kinasa ni Art ang baril matapos sabihin ang bagay na 'yon.

"Break us. Break our hearts. Break our trust. Break our minds. Break our bond. Break it... but we will continue to fix it... do you know how beautiful a broken art is?" Art continued wholeheartedly.

I saw how frustrated the Senses were and how it dawned on them that they... failed.

"Don't worry. I'll forever carry the Morbelque's name but it will never be in vain, for this name will protect the ones it owe. I think... that's the real atonement for us..." Cleon mentioned with a smile on his face.

"We will not aflame its ashes. The Mortem will never rise. Because those who are supposed to be buried shall remain dead." Kinasa na rin ni Theon ang baril n'ya at itinutok sa ulo ng mga Senses na patuloy sa pagsusuka nang dugo at panghihina.

Caerus was just watching the siblings do their own thing.

"We might sin, we might break, we might face downfall, but one thing is for sure... as long as we can protect the Evans, as long as we are complete, as long as we are the Improbs Ille Imperium. The history will never be repeated."

Sabay-sabay na imik nang magkakapatid at napangiti ako nang payapa.

"The burden will be heavy but we will carry it until the end. Our parents might have sinned against those whom they are supposed to protect. But we are not them. We'll prove it. We'll prove it until our last breath..." Art told them with so much emotion, as one tear fell from her eyes.

"Any last words?" Cleon asked the Senses with a solemn voice.

"We might die now... but we didn't lose..." Kinsley mentioned with a bowed head as he slowly raised it to look at the Morbelques with a smirk.

"Our mission's done, and your fight is only starting," kibit-balikat na imik naman ni Gretta sa kanila, habang patuloy sa pag-ubo ng dugo.

"To die with the Emperor's presence would be a great honour," Alain stated then he gazed at Akakios with a smile on his bloody mouth.

"A shadow is lurking behind you, be careful—"

Napatayo ako sa kinatatayuan ko dahil sa matinding gulat sa kasunod na nangyari.

"Oh my gosh!" Gabby also jumped out from her seat, and I heard the gasp from Akakios as he slowly stood up because of shock.

Napatayo rin ang lahat ng Crowns sa matinding gulat, at makikita mo rin kaagad pagkabigla sa mga mata ni Isolde. Hindi s'ya nakatindig dahil sa bagay na surpresang nangyari.

Layla.

Layla couldn't finish her words because she... suddenly exploded.

Kaagad nakayakap ni Caerus si Art papalayo sa biglang nangyari, at nakalayo si Theon at Cleon, pero naging balot na balot pa rin sila ng dugo dahil do'n.

"Is... this... part of your game, Miracle?" Isolde mentioned as she stood up from her seat.

I searched for Akakios hand as I slowly shook my head.

No... why would I?

"Laylaaaaa!" Alain shouted in so much pain when he saw Layla exploded right beside him. Halos hindi n'ya na ininda ang matinding hitsura na kinahinatnan ng kapatid.

"Fire," I mentioned at Caerus. If they would not kill the rest now, they might also explode like Layla, and it might be bigger and more dangerous than that. Hindi ko ilalagay sa alanganin ang mga nandito dahil do'n.

Sinenyasan ni Caerus ang kambal at sabay nilang inasinta si Gretta at Kinsley. The two were smiling at the twins before they closed their eyes. "I wish you luck in defeating them..." Gretta murmured with a smile on her face.

"Protect... my... lady..." Kinsley murmured with a smile while vomiting blood.

Napapikit na lang ang kambal nang sabay na tumama ang bala sa puso ni Kinsley at Gretta. "Rest... in... peace..." the twins murmured looking at the lifeless bodies, as they looked down and knelt in defeat.

Art was crying inside Caerus arms she slowly aimed the gun at Alain. Nakatingin si Alain kay Art. He was crying silently as he closed his eyes and nodded at Art.

"To die in the hands of the real ones...I chose the wrong side, but... I was still given this honour. I wish for you to survive... protect your family... as I failed to protect mine."

Art couldn't look at Alain at all when she fired the gun at him. Natutop na lang n'ya ang bibig n'ya at umiiyak nang sobrang lakas sa bisig ni Caerus. Napaluhod s'ya at nawalan nang lakas at dinamayan s'ya ni Caerus.

The lifeless bodies of the Senses... their death. It was supposed to be joyful and it was supposed to be our victory.

But... it seemed like we lost.

Layla's explosion was a warning and threat. That was why Alain, although, we had him for so long couldn't speak. Because an automatic explosion would happen, if they try to tell anything about the ones that started the Senses.

Lumapit kaagad sina Tito Skyler at Tita Annicka sa mga anak nila. At umiiyak na tumakbo ang mga Pasaways sa mga Morbelque.

"It... was... over..." Gabby murmured to herself. "But why does it feel like... we lost?" nagtatakhang dagdag nito.

"We did not lose, but the mystery we are aiming to unravel didn't show its face, and that's where we did not succeed," Isolde mentioned with a shrug.

"Because whether they die or not... we will never get the answer that we wanted," I mentioned with sad eyes, and they all nodded.

The Senses death... the sun slowly rising... and the Empire's new beginning.

I felt Akakios's hand on mine as he intertwined it. "This is just the beginning, Silhouette. Keep your head clear, and your heart steady... for the path ahead of us... is now the Sun and the Moon's prophecy."

Kakaibang kilabot ang naramdaman ko dahil do'n. Our path. Our ruthless path.

Who would I neglect in order to protect?

Who would I give up in order to continue?

Who would I lose in order to gain?

Napabuntonghininga na lang ako habang nakatingin sa likod ni Akakios. Habang pababa kami papunta sa mga pasaways. Napansin ko rin na pababa na rin ang Crowns.

Holding you means danger for myself and my family... but losing you would mean death for those around you, and my own downfall. Why was the fate this cruel to us? I only wanted to keep you close. I only wanted to hold you near. And to be with you for the rest of my life.

I shook my head and tried to remove those thoughts. Bumababa kami papunta sa kanila. Nakita na yakap-yakap nila ang isa't isa at pumunta si Caerus papunta sa mga Crowns na kasama rin naming bumababa.

"We are sorry..." sabay-sabay na sambit nila habang lumuluha. Natawa ako nang marahan. I smiled at shook my head at them. They looked lighter and at ease especially when Akakios beamed at them.

Nagyakapan sila at masayang pinaramdam sa mga Morbelque na palagi silang nandyan para sa kanila.

Cleon opened his arms and Sloane walked to him to be enclosed inside it. "You did so well..." Sloane murmured to Cleon. And Cleon kissed the side of her head as they tightened the hug for each other.

Gano'n din ang ginawa nang iba. Masaya ring tumakbo si Gabby papunta kay Pierce. Halos matumba si Pierce sa pagtalon ni Gabby para yakapin s'ya. Kita ko ang pagtutubig sa mga mata ni Pierce dahil sa ginawa ni Gabby.

"I'm sorry..." I saw how Pierce whispered those words to Gabby, bago n'ya 'to patakan ng halik sa ibabaw ng ulo.

"It's not your fault. You did well," Gabby told her sincerely and they chuckled tearfully in each other's arms.

Justice and Luna hugged the other pasaways, but ended up in each others arms again, watching them like they were the happiest and they were their parents. I couldn't help but chuckle at them.

"Thorn! I am proud of you! Will always be proud of you!" Katniss exclaimed as she jumped off to hug Thorn. Nagulat si Thorn at napakamot sa ulo dahil nakatingin sa kanila si Kalix.

"You are a knight in my eyes. You are never weak. Never a burden..." Napansin kong bulong ni Rebel kay Honoka dahil malapit sila sa amin.

Honoka nodded at Rebel while tears were streaming down her face. Like she could finally become safe after everything that happened.

Nakayakap naman si Theon at Hope sa isa't isa, habang umiiyak parehas. Theon was wiping tears from Hope's cheeks, and Hope was doing the same. I cackled softly, they looked lovely.

Si Biblee at Akira naman tahimik lang nanonood sa isang tabi. Magkahawak ang kamay at mukhang nakakahinga na nang maluwag matapos ang nangyari. They were smiling at everyone, they looked finally breathing.

Si Caerus naman bumalik mula sa Crowns at yakap-yakap na si Art habang pinapatigil 'to sa pag-iyak. Sobrang kita ko sa mga mata ni Caerus ang pag-aalala rito, at patuloy 'tong pinapakalma.

While everyone was together... they all suddenly stopped and looked at someone.

Harper.

Mukhang nag-aalala sila kay Harper, pero bigla 'tong ngumiti at nanlaki ang mga mata nila no'ng bigla 'tong tumakbo nang malumanay papunta sa isang tao.

Law caught Harper who jumped to hug him, and he twirled her around while cackling softly.

Halos ngumanga ang lahat at hindi makapaniwala sa nasaksihan. Natawa naman ako nang marahan at napailing. I thought so...

Those two weren't in a toxic and fragile relationship. In fact, their relationship was probably the strongest in the group. I smiled secretly because of it.

Napatikhim bigla si Isolde at napaharap sila sa amin. They all bowed their heads to show respect. Even the Crowns did it. The tension and sadness suddenly overpowered in the air.

"We are Crown Sinners..." they mentioned with a broken heart.

Tita Annicka shook her head while hugging Art who was beside Caerus. "You are not..." She smiled at them solemnly while shaking her head a little.

"We are the sinners..." Tito Skyler corrected. "So raise your head high. Don't claim a sin that is not yours. And always remember... you are... the new Improbus Ille Imperium..." Sinadya ni Tito Skyler na bitinin ang bagay na 'yon bago humarap sa akin at kay Akakios.

Kaya naman sabay kaming ngumiti sa mga pasaway. Akakios and I looked at them proudly as we both told them with a smile that they are...

"Keep you head high with a proud smile, because you are the Crowns of this Empire."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 10.1K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...