The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

20| Mystery Flower shop

637 60 9
By imaginator33

♡♡♡

ACE

My legs felt unusually heavy. I scratched my head unconsciously and let my eyes flutter open. My eyes widen at the horrid sight I was greeted with. A loud shriek escaped my lips as I threw his legs off mine and jumped off the bed.

Harry didn't wake up with all the noise, instead, he took his face to the other side and pulled the duvet closer to him.

I shuddered my shoulders in disgust as I remembered the image I woke up to, to his face close to mine, and his mouth opened as he snored. His hairy legs were out of the duvet, he noticed and pulled his legs closer.

The sun was glowing brightly through the window wall, making me more annoyed. I rubbed my eyes as I sluggishly went to put the curtains down.

What in the blazes happened last night?

I vividly remember telling Nana that I had to headache and not to be disturbed.

I kept in my password and went in. Immediately I went in, Nana hurriedly came to my side, she gave me a once-over and engulfed me into a hug.

My expression remained dull as I stood still with my gaze straight ahead. She sniffed and hugged me tighter.

"When I woke up you were gone, I thought you would wait for me, you left me?" She cried against my chest.

I gently drew her away and stared into her eyes, "I'm having a really bad headache, so I'm going to bed now. You can check for anything you want to eat in the fridge, I have an extra room on this floor. You can sleep there, Harry can sleep anywhere he wants."

I walked past her and went up the stairs to my bedroom, luckily she didn't come after me.

My gaze went to Harry who was still snoring. So he decided to stay in my room!

My eyes caught the clock beside my bed and I grabbed to check the time, 7:20.

First things first, I sat on my bed and turned on my phone.

I had missed a call from Carl, I squinted my eyes and drew in a hiss. Is it a habit of his to give me heart attacks early in the morning?!

While scrolling down on google I spotted the ad about a flower shop for sale. My brows knitted, the ad began to disappear as another ad was coming up. I hesitantly tapped on it right in time.

The page loaded and revealed pictures and articles. The picture consists of a flower shop, but not just any flower shop. My eyes shakily read the article, it was mainly about how long the shop has been there for, and now the owner wants to give it away.

"She can't do that." I mumbled to myself as the soft glow of my phone illuminated my wrecked face.

You might ask, why am I feeling like this and saying that. But I have no idea too. The shop seemed awfully familiar and the thought of it getting destroyed and built as something else awakens a feeling of nostalgia in me.

As I studied the picture of the shop intensely I felt the tear fall from my eye. A gasp left my mouth as I took my hands to wipe the tears that came out without warning.

Another tear fell from my other eyes and I wiped it immediately. I instantly searched for the address of the shop and stored it in my head that had cogs working trying to figure out where I had seen the shop before.

While I got ready to drive to the address, my mind was also constantly getting flooded with memories of the shop. The same image of a rainy day and what seemed like a crowd of people.

When I finished getting ready, I took my phone from the table. My hand hit my signature watch, making it fall to the ground with a loud thud!

My face paled as I watched the horrid scene unfold before me. Immediately I crouched and grabbed it, the tears stung my eyes, the watch had cracked.

Whereas behind me, a once sleeping Harry plunged up at the sound of my watch hitting the ground. "I'm up, I'm up." He said with an alert voice that contradicted with his puffy face and shut eyes.

He blinked a few times, stretched for seconds, and scratched his eyes before he noticed me and gaped at me with doe eyes, "Whatcha got there?" He asked curiously.

I drew in a hiss and held the watch tightly, "I've never gone anywhere without this watch." I croaked.

"Ahhhh.....you don't go to the bathroom with it." He said and snickered like a hyena. He then noticed my unchanging expression and pressed his laugh in.

I ignored him and kept my watch in my closet then got on the road to the address.

I continued with the direction google told me hoping to remember something when I reach my destination. I came to a halt at an intersection and saw the shop, finally.

Swiftly, I took off my seat belt and found my way to the porch of the shop. Unfortunately, the shop wasn't opened yet, I have to say the shop would smell beautiful because of the number of different types of flowers that displayed themselves through the window wall.

A car pulled up behind me and I turned. I squinted my eyes as I saw Mr. Jefferson alight from the vehicle. What in the blazes is he doing here?

He seemed to not yet be aware of my presence. He dusted invincible dust off his suit and began to walk towards me, he paused once he looked up and saw me.

My eyes narrowed as I realized how surprised he was to see me here, it made me....how should I put it.....it made me more curious. He hurriedly masked his expression with a smile and walked up to me.

"Ace, I didn't expect to see you here." He laughed as the sides of his eyes crinkled and he patted my shoulder. Well, you make that obvious.

Whatever memory I have with this shop doesn't seem to have anything to with Mr. Jefferson. I feel a wash of calmness over me when I walked to the porch, and there's absolutely no way I would feel calm with anything related to Jefferson.

"Is that because you sent an assassin to me or because you didn't know I also visit this flower shop?" I asked, with an amused smile glossing my lips.

I watched his eyes darken and his hand on my shoulder froze. For a split second his face paled but he took his hand away and let out a laugh. "Come on now, that's a funny joke." He said and clasped his hands.

I poked the insides of my cheek with my tongue and tilted my head. "You should hold yourself back a little, don't you think so." I said studying his face. "You're making it too obvious about how scared you are of me."

A smile still stayed on his lips, and I could see how he was struggling to keep it on. I turned the tables and patted his shoulder, "It's not a very fun topic, so I'll let it go. Next time it won't be this easy." I muttered harshly.

Footsteps were heard and Liam came into view, he too had his eyes widened once he saw me. Wow, the whole crazy duo is here.

He was about to speak when I said, "I know, I know, you didn't expect to see me here but here I am. Let's skip that part."

He laughed and kept his hands in his pocket. Just then footsteps were coming from behind me and I turned to an old woman walking towards us. She was fumbling the bag in her hands, probably searching for her keys. I immediately recognized her from the article as the owner of the shop.

"Ma' mam." I called loudly and she gasped, frightened, and took her hands to her chest. She looked around and spotted me waving my hands.

She moved her gaze to my side and saw the duo. Fear caught her eye and I could see her shoulder moving up and down due to her breathing that rapidly increased.

Instantly she did a one eight degree and began speed walking away from us. I furrowed my eyebrow, as I looked at the duo then back at the woman. Anger flickered in my eyes and I jumped over the railing of the porch and went to stop the lady.

"Ma' mam, please wait." I said, holding my hand in front of her. She trailed my hand to my face and pushed me away. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

"You're the owner of the flower shop right?" I said in a ringing voice. I watched as she stopped moving and turned to me. Her eyes studied me and she went white as recognition dawned on her face.

I walked to her and searched for answers in her forest green iris that was glassy. "You know me don't you?" I asked, with a soft voice. A soft, low breathe escaped her lips as she locked eyes with me, the tears slipped her eyes.

Her warm hands cupped my face, "It's been so long." She breathed and the realization came upon me. A memory of her smiling down at me while she took a yellow rose and handed it to me. I smiled brightly at her as I smelled the scent of the rose.

"I didn't think that you'll find me here.....but you did." She said, her voice wavered as she spoke.

Holding her hands, I lead her back to the porch. Liam and Jefferson stood there with half-smiles on their faces. "Move." I growled when we got close enough.

"Ma' mam. We have something important to discuss, remember?" Liam perked up with his hands behind his back.

He looked at the woman before looking at me, smiling. "I said move." I said again and he laughed. I held her hands tightly and pushed through them.

When we got to the door she quickly searched her bag for the keys to the shop. "Ace, don't you think you're jumping to dumb conclusions in that your empty head." Liam smirked. I ignored him and walked in with the woman.

I shut the door behind us and turned to her. I was right, the shop smelt wonderful. Before I knew it, she turned in the lights and the room lit up and a soft gasp left my lips and the beauty of the place glowed. I looked around taking in the scent and sight.

"It's beautiful!" I told her and she chuckled.

"How did you find this place?" She asked, looking at me with her green eyes, searching for answers.

I took a step forward as I kept my hands in my pocket. "Just by chance." I mumbled.

A big smile broke out on her face and her eyes shimmered, "She would be so happy to see you." She smiled and I turned to her confused.

"She? who?"

She walked over to the counter and moved her hands over it, inviting me to come. I followed her and took a seat.

"Those people outside." She began and shook her head, "Ever since she came back, they found out some way and kept on pestering me. I guess they see me as a way to get to her. And since then she hasn't come back." She finished and sighed.

The world began to spin around me and my gaze seemed to be frozen to her face. Was it happening finally? My throat became dry and my stomach churned.

"She?" I asked again with a throaty deep voice that I forced out. My eyes swam with tears as I waited to her to speak up.

She held my hands and said, "Mia, your mother."

My whole world crumbled before my feet once the word left her mouth. I blinked several times to stop the tears, a gasp left my mouth and my lower lips quivered. "My.....my mother?" My voice croaked.

The tears welled up in her eyes as she nodded. Oh dear God, if this is a dream I would love to wake up now!

She nodded again and checked the drawers for something then brought out a pen and a sheet of paper. I watched her scribbled something down, then she peered up at me and looked back at what she wrote.

She sighed and moved the paper to my view with her middle and index finger.

"That's her address. She's waiting for you, Ace."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Whoah!!!!

What are our thoughts???

And yes finally we've reached 2k reads I'm so so happy and that's why I updated this early!!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and Ace's POV.

VOTE, SHARE, AND COMMENT!!!!!

What do you all think would happen next and what do you want to happen next???

QOTD: Day or night.

Everything is better at night to me. Everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3.7K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
8.3M 228K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
1K 34 31
This books contains strong language and mature scenes. This book is being slowly rewritten. The story remains the same For Cade, life is just a neve...
1M 10.3K 16
Running away from the dark past of her life, Sofia McCommer is determined to start new and prove her worth to her family by joining her family busine...