Back to Where We Started From...

Autorstwa songbird_kisses

It's 1979, and Julia Brooks is living the high life as a rockstar in California. After a particularly crazy n... Więcej

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter Thirty-Nine

740 22 10
Autorstwa songbird_kisses

"I'm gonna go pick up Jules," Robbie told the boys on Halloween as he walked out of his room. He was dressed as a vampire, complete with fake blood on the corner of his mouth.

"That's quite the look, Dracula," Silky smirked from his spot on the couch beside Rizzo. Silky wore black slacks, a blue button down, a red tie, and a tan jacket.

"It's Halloween. Are you guys gonna dress up?" Robbie asked them.

"I'm going as Herb Brooks," Silky announced proudly. Robbie shook his head, not even knowing where to begin.

"I am dressed up!" Rizzo insisted, despite the fact that he was wearing a USA hockey jersey.

"As what? A hockey player?"

"Not just any hockey player," he informed Robbie, pointing out the 17 on his shoulder. "I'm going as Jack O'Callahan."

Mark, Neal, and Jimmy who were in the kitchen busted out laughing.

"That might be the dumbest costume I've ever heard of," Robbie smirked.

"No, no, it'll be easy! I'll just flirt with Jules all night until I do something stupid like be mean to her or flirt with another girl and make Jules mad and we'll be super awkward around each other until we mysteriously makeup!"

The boys all stopped and stared at Rizzo, mouths hanging open. Rizzo just grinned mischievously and shrugged.

"You know it's true."

"Okay, it's a little true," Jimmy reluctantly agreed.

"What's true?" Jack asked, entering the living room wearing Rizzo's jersey.

"Alright, then, bye," Robbie said, quickly making his exit.

Julia stood in her bedroom putting the finishing touches on her costume. She was wearing a Wonder Woman costume with her hair bumped up around her headband. As she put on her red lipstick, she heard a knock at the door.

"You know where to find her," Julia heard Herb say as he opened the front door. Julia fluffed her hair once again as she heard Robbie make his way up the stairs.

"Hey, are you ready?" Robbie asked as he entered her room. They looked each other up and down before nodding in approval.

"We look good," Julia decided after taking in Robbie's vampire costume.

"For sure. You're gonna wear a coat, right?" Robbie clarified, looking at her skintight, revealing costume. She did look just like Lynda Carter in the television series.

"Yes, Robbie, I'm gonna wear a coat," Julia told him with an eyeroll. She grabbed her white faux fur coat, throwing it on over her costume.

"Wow, look at you making good choices already," Robbie teased her.

When Robbie and Julia showed up at the house party, most of the team was already there with a beer in hand.

"Who's party is this again?" Julia asked as they made their way to the front door.

"Some guy Rammer had class with last year. He throws pretty great parties," Robbie grinned as they entered the house. The house was full of people all dressed up in Halloween costumes, dancing to loud music. Robbie and Julia made their way through the crowded house in search of their friends. Entering the kitchen, they saw Bah chugging beer through a traffic cone while the other boys cheered him on.

"What are you doing?" Julia laughed as Bah finished the beer, holding up the cone victoriously, before putting it back on his head, ignoring the few drops of beer that fell onto his forehead.

"We're the coneheads," he told Julia proudly, gesturing to Buzzy and Pav, who were also wearing traffic cones. Julia laughed, shaking her head at them.

"Oh, cute," she said as she removed her coat.

"Wow, look at you," Bah said with a cheeky grin.

"Bah, shut up!" Buzzy said, smacking his arm. Julia rolled her eyes, ignoring him and moved over to Jimmy.

"Superman to my Wonder Woman, huh?" Julia smiled, taking in his costume. "It suits you."

"Plus, he's probably got more gunk in his hair than you do," Silky smirked. Julia looked to Silky, staring at him curiously.

"Are...are you my Uncle Herb?"

Silky grinned proudly and began spewing out his favorite 'Brooksims,' which was what they called the ever-endearing things Herb liked to yell at them during practice.

"Can I grab Wonder Woman a beer?" Rizzo asked, showing up beside Julia.

"Yeah," she said, staring Rizzo up and down. "Are you dressed as a hockey player? Worst costume ever."

"I'm dressed as Jack O'Callahan," he told her with a smirk.

"Oh, so still the worst costume ever," she laughed, looking at Jack who was just joining them. He wore Rizzo's jersey and had an attractive brunette latched onto his arm.

"Very funny, Jules," he told her with an eyeroll. "Jules, meet Brenda. Brenda, this is my friend, Julia Brooks."

"You don't have to introduce her," Brenda laughed at Jack. She looked to Julia with a smile. "Hi, Julia. It's really nice to meet you. I'm a big fan."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Brenda. And hey, I'm a big fan of anyone who can put up with OC," Julia smirked. She tried to ignore the thoughts in the back of her mind, screaming at her to forcibly remove the pretty girl from Jack's side. Julia was absolutely focused on being nice to Brenda. She only had a little while before David showed up to distract her anyway.

"Where's David?" Jack asked, trying not to stare at Julia in her costume. Leave it to Julia to insist on being glamorous and sexy at a college Halloween party in Minnesota.

"Closing up at work. He'll be here soon. I love your costume, Brenda. Cher, right?" Julia asked politely. Brenda wore her long dark hair straight with bangs. She had on striped bell bottoms, a yellow shirt, and a fur vest.

"Yes, thank you," Brenda grinned.

"Hey, ya wanna know this crazy story about Cher?" Mark asked, popping up between Julia and Brenda. He had a waggish smile on his face. In addition to that, he also wore a white bed sheet tied around him like a toga.

"Do I what?" Brenda asked, clearly surprised by Mark's question.

"That's enough, Magic! Thank you," Julia said, dragging him away from Brenda and Jack. Julia and Mark mingled around for a while, admiring the boys' costumes. Neal was Luke Skywalker. Verchota was Bluto from Animal House, Bob Suter was a full-blown hippie. It was Rammer dressed as Elvis, doing his best impersonation, that Julia was laughing at when David finally arrived.

"Well, hi there, gorgeous," he muttered, wrapping an arm around her waist and leaning down to kiss her.

"You made it," she smiled up at him, before she noticed what he wore. "And you're dressed as...Sonny Bono?"

"Yep. I even think I saw a Cher running around," he grinned. "Hey, Mark."

Mark was a little drunk now, and was desperately trying not to laugh. His face was turning red, and he barely made eye contact with David.

"Hey, did you ever hear about this story with Cher and Jules on her birthday?" Mark asked.

"Go! Go find someone else to bug," Julia ordered, ushering him away.

"Is he okay?" Daivd asked with a chuckle.

"Just drunk," Julia told him with an eyeroll.

"Is there a story about you and Cher?" David asked her with a smirk. Julia blushed a little bit and shook her head.

"Maybe another time. Beer's in the kitchen. Wanna go grab a few?"

Hand in hand, they weaved their way through the sweaty bodies. Julia wasn't surprised to find that most of the boys were still in the kitchen. They were greeted by everyone as David went to the fridge to grab them each a beer.

"Hey, nice costume," Brenda laughed from Jack's lap, where they sat at the kitchen table. David turned to see who was talking to him, and grinned widely when he saw the girl sitting on Jack's lap.

"You, too," he grinned, before Julia brought him over to the couple.

"David, this is Jack's date, Brenda. Brenda, this is my boyfriend, David," Julia introduced. No one noticed how she and Jack both took long drinks of their beers after she said that.

"Nice to meet you. Glad to see Julia's driving hasn't killed you yet, OC," David laughed.

"Me, too," Jack laughed. "Nice costume. I'm surprised you and Jules didn't go as Sonny and Cher."

"Well, why would she dress as Cher?" Mark started. "Everytime she looked in the mirror, she'd be reminded of-"

"Mark, I didn't tell you the rest of that story so you could blab it out at a party!" Julia yelled, slapping her hand over his mouth.

"There's a rest of the story?" Silky gasped. "Why does Magic know it and not me?"

"I'm going outside for a cigarette. Hey, Mac, where'd you put our coats?" Julia asked, completely ignoring Silky.

"Upstairs hall closet," he told her. He leaned against the counter, talking to a girl Julia didn't recognize.

"Come with?" Julia invited David.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom," Brenda told Jack after Julia and David had disappeared. She slid off of Jack's lap, disappearing into the crowd.

"Seems like things are going well with you two," Rizzo noted, looking at Jack.

"Yeah, you know, I think we can finally just be friends without being jealous and stuff," Jack shrugged. "She's with David, and I have Brenda, but Jules and I will always be friends."

Rizzo blinked a couple times, a hint of a smile on his face.

"I was talking about you and Brenda. Not you and Jules," Rizzo told Jack. Jack just stared at Rizzo, blank faced.

"Right," he nodded.

"How was work?" Julia asked David as they stood outside the party, smoking cigarettes.

"Boring. But I'm glad I'm here now. You look amazing," he told her. She smiled, leaning in to give him a long kiss. He wrapped his free hand around her waist, before they heard a wolf whistle coming from the front door. They broke away to see Rammer, Baker, and Verchota cheering and laughing.

"Can I ever get away from you?" Julia groaned. The three boys disappeared, still laughing. "I'm sorry about them."

"I'm kinda used to your friends by now," David assured her. "Hey, do you like Brenda?"

"Yeah," Julia said, almost too quickly. "She seems nice. I think she'll be good for Jack."

"Will you two quit smoking and come inside? We're gonna play a game!" Rizzo called to them from the doorway.

"We're coming!" Julia promised as they put out their cigarettes, following Rizzo back into the house. The rest of the night was filled with the group playing lots of drinking games. Julia sat on David's lap as the boys played a few rounds of poker, and she occasionally dropped loud hints about the cards he had.

"You better stop if you want a ride home later," David teased her.

"Oh, please, you can't stay mad at me," Julia told him, batting her eyelashes.

"Well, how could anyone stay mad at that face?" He grinned.

"I can," Robbie shrugged, making everyone laugh. He had spent the majority of his evening talking to a tall ginger-haired girl who was dressed like a hippie. She sat beside him, the two of them occasionally sharing whispers behind his hand of cards.

"Yeah, yeah, you're special," Julia rolled her eyes.

"I fold," David sighed, plopping his cards down on the table. "Wanna go smoke?"

"Duh," Julia agreed, hopping off his lap and leading him outside.

"And they lived happily ever after," Buzzy chuckled as they left.

"Nasty smoking and all," Jimmy shrugged.

"Now we have two of them to chastise," Robbie rolled his eyes. Julia and David remained outside as the rest of the boys finished their round.

"I'm grabbing a beer," Jack said, getting up to go the refrigerator.

"While you're up, go tell the lovebirds we're about to start the next round if they're joining us," Rizzo said. Jack grabbed a beer before heading to the front door. The party had cleared out some, making it easier for Jack to work his way through the house. He threw open the front door, but froze at what he saw. Julia and David were tangled up in a heated makeout session, hands roaming all over each other. Without a word, he shut the door and went back to the table, trying not to let anyone see how sick he felt.

"I don't think they'll be joining us this round," he said. None of the boys questioned him, but Rizzo noticed the sad look on Jack's face as he shuffled the cards.

Hey everyone! So I know this like the slowest slow-burn ever, but I promise things are going to get very juicy soon. Thanks for sticking with me everyone!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

16.1K 235 28
Carly Brooks, daughter of Herb Brooks, has always dreamed of being a professional hockey player. When her dad gets the job as coach of the 1980 USA h...
4.8K 114 38
[COMPLETED] Sascha was broken, and so when she found herself in Finland she decided to get wild to forget all the heartaches only to meet a stranger...
65.8K 1.1K 24
It's Maggie Brooks's first year at Eden Hall Academy and she can't wait to dive into a school year full of fun. Down to earth and understanding good...
8.8K 52 9
(THIS BOOK IS CRAP!! DONT READ IT UNLESS YOU LIKE CRAPPY FANFICS!!) When Alyssa gets chosen to go play for team U.S.A, she makes new friends and play...