Royal Thief (Editing)

By lhiizzy

Annabelle, a Mexican-American is a pickpocket who steals from anyone to survive and fend for her sick mum. Su... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author Note.

Chapter 30

121 15 0
By lhiizzy

Logan

"Okay," Annabelle mumbled, and slowly started for the door in a pace that would lose to a snail.

Eva was my lover for six months and within these months, I could proudly say she changed me with her view of life. The energy she added and her in-depth view of everything made both her artwork and personality had me gobsmacked from the first day we met at the coffee shop.

She was crazy, that was certain, but not enough to point a gun.

It would be insane to say a girl with Hoplophobia, a girl who couldn't stand the sight of guns on television, pointed one at someone. That was why the moment Annabelle coughed those words, I knew something was wrong.

Not with Eva.

But with Annabelle.

Instigated by sleep and stress, I covered a yawn and sluggishly stood from my position.

I moved to my phone that was on my bedside drawer and dialled doctor Samuel who picked at the first ring.

"I would love it if you come over," I said, after the exchange of greeting.

"I'm sorry your highness, but I will be on my way immediately, I'm presently in Paris with my daughter for an assignment," he apologized.

"That's not a problem, you can take as much time as you wish, I just need to know one thing; is illusion an effect she could have?"

"I will love to know more about this illusion she had before concluding."

***

Minutes later, I tucked the phone into my pocket and turned to Aaron who sat with worries clearly written on his face.

Without being asked, I said, "Each patient defers, but he believes it is a bad dream stimulated by her environment."

"She needs a little fresh air, something to clear her thoughts away from everything."

"And what are your plans?"

I ran my hands down my face and exhaled, I was exhausted and the only thoughts was visiting the kids in Wokingham. "Nothing much for now, but it will be nice to see the kids don't you think?"

He nodded. "That is brilliant."

"The visit shall be tomorrow," I said and slowly moved to my bed.

***
We emerged from the car to the welcoming smile of Philippa, the directress of Gale orphanage Wokingham. She was dressed in a blue African Ankara which had designs of yellow brooms and had flare hands that made her white skin glow underneath the morning sun.

She crisped her hands together like a priest in prayer and moved from the other staffs who had analogous smiles.

"It's so nice to see you again your highness," she said, with sprawled hands which I took.

"It is nice to be here again Philippa, this is Miss Eva and we are here to see the kids."

She shook Annabelle whose once straight face was replenished with a smile that made me stared for more than a second.

"That is lovely, the kids are about playing a friendly game of football, will you love to watch?"

"I will love to join," I answered.

"As always, I just need to get another staff to join in, Zoey had an emergency call before you came around," she said, leading the way into the red brick building surrendered by sycamore tree and had the flag of the United kingdom dancing with the morning wind.

The multi-story building didn't just make up a home for the kids, but also an educational surrounding the gave the kids the opportunity to enhance their skills.

I made it a duty to join the kids in whatever game they wished, never minding how crazy or dirty it might be. This was known by both the directress and kids who always picked a sport before my arrival.

"I will also love to play."

I moved my attention from the directress to Annabelle, she had an innocent look accompanied by a thin smile as we strode into Philippa's office which was a gallery of drawings on sketched papers all pasted on the wall.

"That will be great," Philippa answered.

Unsettled by Annabelle's request, I turned to Philippa and said, "Can I have a minute with Miss Eva?"

She nodded and gave us due privacy.

"What do you think you are doing?" I inquired, concerned for her health, which I believed was unstable despite her insistent.

"You brought me here to have fun and help with the improvement of my health, right?" she paused and I nodded waiting patiently to hear her reasons.

"Well, I'm trying to make the best out of it."

"You just got discharged few days back, it's suicide to run around."

"C'mon, it's just a game with little kids and you know it's a form of excuses, so can I play?" She asked, with slightly opened lips and raised brows that give her a rather aggressive look than the pleading one she aimed for.

"No."

"Damn, this puppy look has failed me twice, I thought it's supposed to always work?"

"It just doesn't fit your face," I stated and watched her jaw plunged.

"If you let me play, I promise to stay clear of your business," she said, with hands raised in an oath.

I smiled at her offer. "Tempting offer, but still no and besides you are also my business."

"Why?"

"Because you are fragile."

She folded her hands on her chest, her smile now swiped to a frown. "You think I'm fragile?"

You think she's fragile? Look at her.

"Yes and this will affect your health, so please Annabelle, please just seat on the bench and watch," I pleaded, and walked out, not ready for her senseless ideas.

***

Annabelle

I was shocked to find Logan standing by my door early morning with his hands in his black chinos.

After Laura's visit which didn't last a minute before she got summoned by the queen, I remained closed doors and not even Darcy could lure me out with her jar of biscuits.

It was a self-imprisonment that only ended with the clear realization that; I was on my own, and Logan would never believe a girl he met a week back, to a lady he knew down to her favourite coffee and shoes.

Wearing a sad look from Logan's rejection of my offer to play with the kids, I walked out of the office and immediately came across Philippa who offered a still packaged sporting trouser and shirt. "His highness always has this prepared, this is meant for you thanks for offering to play I'm sure the girls will love it."

Is he really going to let me play or is she not aware?

Choosing the second option, I accepted the sporting clothes and said my thanks with a smile that matched the lovely lady in front of me.

"Let me introduce you," she said, and led the way down the white hallway filled with rainbow designs, sofas at either side and kids running with kites.

Minutes later, we walked into a blue locker room, filled with young teenage girls all dressed in their blue jersey shirts and shorts.

Philippa made the necessary introduction and left to attend to other issues, while I stared at the girls who had both curiosity and amusement written on their faces.

Football was a game I got equated to through the help of my cousins who used me as fill-up for unavailable players, we used stones for goalpost and rolled on muds just for fun.

"Hey girls, so, I will love to know your names and age," I said, smiling sheepishly at the girls who had their hairs all packed with blue bands.

After seconds of silence from them, a blond girl with sliver braces stepped out from the others. "I'm Agnes's, and I am 13 years old," She said, with a smile that kicked my confidence and raised my hopes of further co-operation.

"I'm Briony, I am 14years," An Asian looking girl holding crutches in both hands said.

And so the introduction continued with each girls saying their names and ages until the last.

I stared at the red-haired girl who reminded me of Poppy as she folded her hands, claiming her territory. "My name is Gemma, I am the captain." She paused and all attention turned to her frowning face.

"Can you play football?"

I imitated her posture but with a smile while the rest watched the staring contest of the alpha female.

Gemme pressed her lips in contemplation for a second before stretching her hands with a mischievous smile. "Welcome to the team."

***

Authors note.

Hey guys, another chapter, Remember to vote and drop your comments 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 159 38
Everyone has a story to tell. Including the rich spoilt Meet Diamond Hudson. An heiress who knows no hard life. After she runs away from her own dr...
11.6K 209 16
*A sequel of The Secret Mafia Princess.* Before reading this story, read the first story or else this story might be a little confusing, starting fro...
472 26 15
When Prince Rio catches Kaija, a maid at the palace, stealing a priceless jewelry from his room, he wickedly employs her as his personal servant, mak...
A Royal Ruse By F.J. DeGrace

Historical Fiction

1.6K 179 38
Princess Zita has been abducted - stolen in the middle of the night from her palace in the kingdom of Arnoa. However, not everything is as it seems...