The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

19| Eight long years

701 60 20
By imaginator33

♡♡♡

QUINN

My mouth was agape as I didn't know what to do.

Well isn't this interesting.

They both got up to me at the same time, they seemed to have not noticed each other.

"Hey," Ace said with a broad smile, he was searching my eyes to see if I was still mad at him.

Then he darted his eyes to my other side and saw him, his eyebrows snapped as he saw that Dylan was holding my hand.

"Ace Winston?" Dylan said calmly.

"And you are?"

"Dylan...Dylan Beckett."

"I believe I do not know you, so I'll just leave with my girlfriend," Ace said, he tightened his grip on my hand and was about to leave with me but I didn't move. He turned back hurt and confused.

"Quinn?"

"I want to go with him," I deadpanned. His eyes slowly went to our hands as I took my hands away and held onto Dylan.

I stared into his eyes which asked a million questions.

"Who is he?" He asked and felt a smile come to my lips as I realized that what happened earlier with Nana was happening again but this time, he was the one whose heart was breaking.

I gave him a lopsided grin, "He's special, he's someone who knows a lot about me and someone I know....a lot about."

"That doesn't make him special, I know you and you know me...a lot."

I let out a sad laugh and my brows knitted, "Do we? Do we Ace?" I smiled a little and walked away with Dylan.

We got to his car and he opened the door for me, I smiled at his gesture and he laughed. I was about to slide into the car when my body moved against my will and turned to glance at Ace.

I was expecting to see him still staring at me but I saw his car moving closer, the headlight of his car was glowing in the calm atmosphere. It was almost blinding but I still stared into the car and when the car was close enough it seemed like time slowed down.

The speed of the car made the wind blow my hair. I was locked in a trance as I watched him drive away, his gaze was fixed forward, away from mine. His right hand was placed on the steering as he drove smoothly. Then, I blinked and everything was back to normal, the glowing light of his car that once illuminated my face disappeared.

"Quinn?" Dylan called and I turned to him, then shrugged my shoulder and went into the car. I watched him walk swiftly to the driver's seat.

I inhaled the scent of his car which smelled exactly like Dylan. The scent was so intoxicating and calming. Soon we drove out of the set.

Dylan stole a glance at me and said, "So, tell me about Ace."

I laughed and massaged my temples, "Please, I don't want to think about him tonight."

Dylan nodded as he took a turn. The radio was on and stuck with you by Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande was the song the station decided to bless us with today.

"I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you. So go ahead and drive me insane," I sang at the top of my lung to the song making me earn a look from Dylan who busted out laughing.

I chuckled between my singing but I still continued, You can't hide my inner star.

"You still have the habit of singing at the top of your lung at your favorite songs," Dylan commented once I was done.

"And you're still a gentleman as always letting me finish my karaoke before teasing me," I said remember the days when I would go to parties and dance my feet off. Dylan would always make sure to stay sober to take me home. He was the perfect boyfriend.

I saw his face flush as he bite his lower lip and chuckled before moving at the green light. I found myself smiling and I turned to my side to admire him.

His side view was the cause of my death. All the girls hated me because of how Dylan was always attracted to me, but that's high school for you. There would always be girls no scratch that, there would always be people who would talk about you behind your back and hate you for no reason.

My gaze moved to his full pink lips and my pupils dilated as the memories of the countless time we kissed came to mind again. Then he turned. "I miss the feeling of your staring at me," He teased and I laughed hitting his arm.

He smiled slyly at me before turning back to the road. I sat properly and couldn't help but continue smiling at his words.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I got to my apartment and immediately when to take a bath. I sat in the bathtub filled with water as my thoughts drifted away to earlier today.

Who's Nana? What does she mean by she and Ace are engaged? And more importantly, why does my thoughts go to Ace constantly?

Is it due to our lack of communication for the past few days? I sighed and used my hand to brush through my hair. I sank deeper into the water, it was warm and I had mixed all the essentials in it to leave my skin soft and healthy.

I looked heavenwards and shut my eyes. I wanted to know everything about what happened but Dylan said he would tell us everything tomorrow.

How am I supposed to hold my curiosity until tomorrow?

I slowly sank into the water, my limbs we're totally into the water with only my head out. I finally kept my head in, my curly hair was out. Well not for long because I laid down deeper and disappeared into the warm bath.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"What?" Kenna said over the phone.

"I know, I know. I was shocked, It felt unreal," I cried. I called Kenna and filled her in on everything that happened today.

"It's okay," She whispered and I could feel the tears that I've been holding began to fall. A soft whimper escaped my lips and the tears fell on my pillow.

"You can cry it out, I know it must have been hard keeping it all in." She told me and I nodded admitting what she said even though she couldn't see me, my actions just made me cry more.

Kenna stayed on the phone throughout my crying session, she kept on telling me it's okay and trying to make me feel better. "You have to come over tomorrow," I cried.

"That's for sure," She laughed and I snorted between my laughs. That was our way of coping, by laughing and trying to hide the pain. But we both knew that we would be in ruins the next day when we meet.

"He's next door," I snickered and I heard her laugh again.

"You have your first love back....but you also have a boyfriend now," She giggled.

"Oh please, Ace is not my boyfriend." I dropped the bomb, I wonder why I didn't tell her this since.

"Quinn are you drunk?"

I laughed and realized that I did sound drunk, What? Has it become a habit for me to behave like this after a crying session?

"No Kenna, I'm not drunk. You see me and Ace aren't dating, we aren't in love or anything like that," I shrugged my shoulders.

"What?!" She shrieked. "Girl, storytime tell me everything."

I pulled my duvet closer to me. "You see I didn't know Ace before the day we crossed paths at the cafe," I began and the memories of the moments began clouding my mind. "I found out later that day about the dating arrangements when my mother told me."

"Okay then," Kenna urged me on.

"So I was totally against the idea of dating a stranger. But my mum had already told the reporters. You know now that I think about it, I'm curious as to why my mother was so keen on this relationship," I said as I sat up from my bed as I continued. "At the dinner, I planned to tell them off but Ace gave me a proposal."

"Oh, so Ace was the one who came up with the dating proposal," She stated and I momentarily shook my head and told her to be quiet.

I told her everything from the conversation in the dinner to the date night gone wrong and to Nana.

"Uh uh, there had not been any articles about Ace being engaged. I don't think that Nana girl was telling the truth, she also didn't show you the ring which means there's no ring," She reassured me.

"It doesn't matter to me anyway," I mumbled.

"Are sure you haven't caught feelings for Ace?"

"Oh my God Kenna," I groaned and buried my face under my pillow. "I'm not at the age to start relationships, I can't finish. What's going on between Ace and I, is just a deal and nothing more."

I heard her laugh, "You're just twenty-six baby girl, and you've only been in one relationship. There's a ninety-five percent chance that you and Ace would fall in love or maybe be enemies with benefits," She said, singing the last sentence.

I snorted, "Really, Kenna. Ninety-five? Enemies with benefit?"

"I said what I said. Bet it with me, you and Ace would end up having feelings for each other, and you would be all over each other," Kenna snickered.

I sat up and brought my knees to my chest. "That would never happen," I gagged.

"Alright, let's bet.," Kenna said, and I bit my lower lip. Do I really want to bet on something I'm not certain of?

I shook my head, "Ace isn't the type to settle for one person and you know that. He breaks girls' hearts faster than changing socks."

"And you're going to change that," She squeaked.

I rolled my eyes at her obliviousness.

"Talking of Ace. I have something that I really need to show him," She said in a more serious tone.

Then realization hit me and I asked. "Is it about how you found out that someone was planning to kill him?"

She heaved a sigh and said, "Yes, Quinn. I found out something that's much more surprising than you could ever imagine."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I woke up earlier than usual the next morning because I had to get to set early and Dylan is finally going to tell us every single detail about eight years ago.

I hurriedly had my bath and dressed up. As I was struggling with putting on my jean my eyes caught my phone and I grabbed it. Ace didn't bother to call?

I huffed and placed my phone in my bag, how could he not call? He has to explain Nana. And yet he didn't make any attempt to explain. It has been exactly twenty-four hours! He had twenty-four hours to explain and he didn't.

As I got out of my apartment I saw Kenna coming out of the elevator. We immediately hugged each other, when we pulled apart my face paled as I saw her tear-stained face.

"Kenna," I said softly and she began sobbing, I pulled her back into a hug instantly. I felt the tears stinging my eyes but I swallowed it back.

"I just....I just can't," She whimpered and I caressed her back. "I understand how hard it must be. But Dylan is back which means we can find out the truth about the incident," I told her and she nodded as we released each other and held hands.

I held her hands tighter and told her what I've been quoting to myself throughout the night.

"The people who caused the incident will not go away easily this time."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Hey guys!!!!!

What do we think about this chapter?

And why did Kenna react like that?

Anyways don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!!!!!

QOTD: Kenna or Quinn? Who would you rather spend a day with?

This is a hard one 😭 because with Quinn we would go wild and have nobody to keep us in check.

And with Kenna we would practically end up partying and meeting new people just like she did with Ace.

I'll leave this one to you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
164K 10.3K 90
Be My Bad Boy Be My Man, Be My weekend lover( ha just kidding) but don't be my friend. (seriously, don't be my friend) Rosemary has a plan but she ne...
5.3K 234 17
Elle wants to go through her last year of high school without drama. Unfortunately, the people around her don't make that easy. Suddenly, she's in th...