Royal Thief (Editing)

By lhiizzy

Annabelle, a Mexican-American is a pickpocket who steals from anyone to survive and fend for her sick mum. Su... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author Note.

Chapter 18

172 28 12
By lhiizzy

Logan

I walked into the flat with Annabelle's aunt leading the way. The woman was crazy, that was the only way I could define her, jumping in front of a running vehicle was an insane act and snatching my keys to ensure I stayed the night, was another thing.

"So I'm going to make the tea now," She said swinging the keys in my face.

I took my seat as realization done on me, I was going to sleep on a sofa for the first time in my life, plus, I didn't have my pyjamas with me, neither did I have a toothbrush and other necessaries. I stood up, took out my phone and walked out of the flat.

"I can't sleep on the sofa," I said dialling Aaron.

"And you can't sleep in my room either." Came the calm voice from behind me.

"I will sleep in my car."

"Get ready to have my snoring aunty sleep beside you."

I moved my phone to my ear ignoring Annabelle's comment, she was making things worst.

"Your highness?"

"There is an emergency Aaron."

"Emergency?" He asked his voice filled with concerned.

"Yes, I'm stuck in Annabelle's house," I said moving away from Annabelle, who whistled at my last words.

"Stuck?"

"It's really complicated but I can't leave, unless I want a dead body on my windshield."

Aaron coughed.

"Are you there?"

"Yes your highness."

"I need a change of cloth, I'm just staying for the night, can you bring it over?"

"Yes, your highness."

"Thank you Aaron." I hunged up and turned to see Annabelle had gone back inside.

***

I watched her placed the cup of tea before me. "Thank you."

"Welcome quite one," she said with a smile.

I smiled at the nickname, despite her craziness, her smile had the capacity to lift anyone up.

"See you have a good smile attached to that handsome face," she said walking to the kitchen.

Annabelle walked down the stairs in her black pyjamas, she moved to the sofa facing me and crossed her legs.

"Sure you wouldn't just use an old baggie shirt I have?"

"I'm fine, Aaron will be here anytime soon."

On cue my phone vibrated, I stood up, my heart filled with hope.

"Where are you now?"

"Your highness I won't make it."

"Why?" I asked, shocked.

"Because I told him not to! You deserve privacy!" Came my Grandma's voice.

I stiffened at her voice. "You can't do that."

"Goodnight grandson." The phone went dead on my ears.

"Are you still up for the baggie shirt?"

I turned to her, running my fingers down my hair with frustration visible on my face.

"I'm sorry, I really did not plan this, but sleeping in those sleeves will be quite uncomfortable for you, you can use the baggie."

I sighed and walked inside with her leading the way.

"The bathroom is up the stairs, between two doors, I will get you the shirt."

I nodded and followed her up the stairs.

"I have a perfect shirt I think you will like!" We both stopped on our tracks and turned to Annabelle's aunt who had her ever bright smile.

***

I walked down the stairs to the sitting room where Annabelle and her Aunt sat whispering, I refused to put on Valerie's shirt, Annabelle's white shirt with a picture of Mikey mouse was preferable to a jumped shirt showing my belly button.

The conversation halted as I took the last steps, Valeria walked to me with a black blanket in her hands.

"Now you have a goodnight rest ok?"

I nodded. "Thank you."

She smiled and took the stairs, leaving Annabelle who had a cup of tea in her hands.

"Is this your first time sleeping on a sofa?"

Ignoring her, I spread the blanket on the sofa and laid on it with my hands underneath my head.

"I think the blanket is supposed to be on your body and not the sofa."

"Go to bed Annabelle," I said, closing my eyes.

She sipped her tea, loud enough for me to hear. "Sure, it just feels nice seeing you all tensed up."

My eyes flew open at the through of this morning event at the field.

Payback!

"Goodnight your highness," She said moving away from the sofa.

I turned over as my phone buzzed in my pocket, I picked it up and screwed through Aaron's text.

"How are you holding up?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

***

The moment I heard the door slammed shut, I sat up. The sofa was not comfortable, but it seemed better than the floor.

I can't believe this is really happening.

I heard footsteps and turned to see Annabelle's aunt taking the stairs, she took the seat beside me with an envelope in her hands.

"Hope I didn't scare you with early events?" She asked with a smile.

"Actually you did."

Her smile widened. "Well, I'm sorry that's the only way I could get you to stay, you are strong-headed."

"I think you beat me to that."

She passed the envelope to me. "I had to give you this, I didn't want Anna to know." She paused. "This is the money she loaned from you, every bit, I had to sale my horses tho."

My brows arched at the realization of what she was doing. She was paying me off and unknowingly breaking the deal I had with Annabelle.

"I can't take this," I said, passing the envelope back to her. I didn't need the money, I needed the girl.

She sighed heavily, her eyes focused on the floor. "Annabelle lost her dad five years ago in an accident, quite a young girl she was," she said looking into my eyes.

"Her mum sent her to her uncle Jeffery, who promised to help her finish up high school but-" She paused.

My heart did a double-take at the sight of tears rolling down her cheeks.

"The moment she got to Jeffery she disappeared, for over a year we couldn't find her," she continued wiping the tears off her cheeks, with the back of her hands. "Belle is a strong girl, she won't talk about the one lost year."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be doing this," She said with a smile that didn't lit her eyes as always.

"It's ok," I said realizing I knew nothing about the girl who unknowingly was saving my ass, she had a script filled with my history, my past, my ex, my life, while I knew nothing about her.

"My younger sister, Annabelle's mum didn't tell me about this, I would never let Belle take a loan. Now I'm here, I want to pay the debt," She said moving the envelope back to me.

I moved it back to her, covering her hands with mine. "I made a deal with Belle." A frown drew on her lips at the mention of deal.

"She only has to work this month and she is free to leave." I paused to ensure she understood. "Don't take it the wrong way Valeria, but I don't need this, go get your horses back," I said smiling at her.

"Really?"

"Yes, get your horses back and don't bother yourself, Annabelle is fine."

She caged me in an unexpected hug. "Thank you, I'm happy she's in good hands."

My heart did a little skip at her words.

She stood up, started up the stairs but stopped, turning back, she took out my keys from the envelope.

"Here is your key," she said throwing it on the sofa.

"Good night Valeria."

"You can leave tomorrow, just don't leave tonight, it's a warning," She said with a warning look.

I smiled, knowing fully what she meant.

***

Authors note.

Hey guys, so if you want to know what happened to teenage Anna in that one dark year, stick to me.

Hope you enjoyed this💖💖🤗.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 159 38
Everyone has a story to tell. Including the rich spoilt Meet Diamond Hudson. An heiress who knows no hard life. After she runs away from her own dr...
562 2 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
1.7M 47.5K 21
"My name is Rashiq Salim bin Fiqri Zafar, Crown Prince of Arandia and I need your help." "I'm sorry, did you say prince?" "Yes, and you, Ms. Walker...