Royal Thief (Editing)

By lhiizzy

Annabelle, a Mexican-American is a pickpocket who steals from anyone to survive and fend for her sick mum. Su... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author Note.

Chapter 12

215 44 8
By lhiizzy

Annabelle

Rose stood facing the board with her jaw dropped, her eyes still wide open. She slowly turned to me, and back to the drawing, while I stood confused on the next action to take.

She was an intelligent woman, not dumb to believe the disastrous sketch was the queen, a three-year-old child wouldn't believe that shit either.

All you have to do is lie Annabella.

"Is this...this.. the-"

"No, nao, trust me, this is something I'm painting for Logan," I answered cutting her short. It was funny how fast the lies flew out of my lips effortless, I felt like the queen of lies with a crown and throne to fit.

She looked to Aaron who nodded in agreement.

"Really? You think Logan will like this?" She asked still with uncertainty.

"Yes, he is crazy about my work."

Crazy? Come on Annabelle is that the best you got?

"That's romantic Eva." She paused now wearing a sad face. "Now I miss my husband."

I watched her stare at the painting with keen interest shifting from one foot to another.

"What exactly are you drawing?"

"I just let nature take it course, I mean, I flow with the love in the air."

Another one, I thought, mentally clapping.

"Hmm, that's beautiful," she said nodding her head in approval. "It looks so natural."

I nodded.

"Finish up with that then, I'm sorry for being too inquisitive," She added now heading for the door.

"It's Alright."

She looked back with a smile and shut the door.

In three fast steps, I walked to the fruit juice and drawn it. "That was close."

I turned to see Aaron rolling the drawing paper in a ball. "That was very close."

I couldn't get myself to imagine what would happen if we got caught, obviously, I would be in trouble, but what about the prince?

"I need to clean this up, I don't want that happening again."

"Go have some rest Eva, I will get the maid to clean this up."

"Thank you," I said taking out the pencil from behind my ear.

I walked to the door without waiting for his response, and left the room.

***

I stood in front of the opened wardrobe in my dressing grown and a towel around my head, another around my body. I saw no need to dress-up when all I really wanted doing, was jump on my bed and sleep or browse through my phone.

I tipped toed, picked a pair of short and a tank top that was folded at the top shelf of the wardrobe and slammed the wardrobe shut.

After pulling the top and short down my body, I sat on the bed with my hair still wet.

It's been four hours after the painting session and I had nothing planned for the day, strolling around the castle was something I didn't dare do, at least not now, I still needed an escort to do that.

I turned to the dressing table as my phone started buzzing. I stood up, walked to the table but stopped in shock at the caller ID, I forgot I promised to call Joshua last night.

"Hey, Joshua."

"And look who decided to pick up,"
He started.

"C'mon."

"You gave me your word."

"I'm sorry, I forgot," I apologized.

After dinner and my little stroll with Logan last night, all I could think of was drawing the Queen, learning the uses of some drawing equipment and not messing up.

"Sure, you were wrapped in the Prince's arms to remember."

"You wish," I answered with a roll of my eyes. "Being in his arms is the last place I want to be."

"I need an explanation."

"You know for a guy you are quite nosy."

"That hurts Anna, really hurts," He said and the phone went dead in my hand.

I ran my fingers down my wet hair and dialled his line, hoping he picked up, I didn't mean to piss him off.

"I'm sorry."

"Ok."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

"I'm also sorry for being nosy, for not giving you space. I just don't want you to get hurt," He explained, I could tell he was still mad.

"I'm so sorry for what I said."

"It's ok, I need to get ready for my shift, you still owe me an explanation."

"I promise to text you the whole juicy details tonight."

"Perfect, and your mum is improving."

I smiled, I needed her out of the hospital and back to her normal life of babysitting our neighbour's kids as soon as possible.

"She's a strong woman."

"Just Like you, strong-headed and stubborn."

I smiled. "Oh thank you, Joshua, you know, I'm not just strong-headed but also strong fisted."

"Is that even a thing?"

He chuckled. "I don't think so."

"Really thanks Joshua."

"Hey, what are friends for?" He asked, I could tell we were good, he was never good at keeping grudges.

"I really need to go."

"Sure later."

We said our goodbyes and he hung up.

I smiled still on the bed when an idea popped in my head.

I placed my phone on the bed and walked to the dressing stool to dry my hair and also change out of my clothes.

***

Logan

I walked into my room, with assurance mum's portrait will be ready before the end of the month, I had to get a real artist to do the job with the picture Annabelle took.

I took off my wristwatch and jacket, as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Good afternoon sir."

"Afternoon Angela, is there a problem?"

"Yes sir, I spoke to Mr Franklin Radley and he requests to see you before signing the contract," Angela explained. Angela was my assistant assigned to ensure easy flow of communication with the company clients.

"When was this?" I asked already alarmed.

Franklin Radley was the owner of Raining Security Pull, an app that handles all household security services. He was meant to sign the contract weeks ago but kept coming up with excuses.

"A few minutes ago sir."

"What else did he say?" I asked moving to the bed.

"He requests seeing you tomorrow in France."

I paused, tomorrow was the Annual Peace Dinner mum requested I attended with Leo. My leaving to France wasn't going to affect my attendance, all I had to do was, close the deal in time.

"Email the details of Mr Franklin's location to me," I instructed after the minute silence.

"Yes sir."

"Is that all?"

"Yes sir."

I hung up, placed my phone back in my pocket and moved to my wardrobe, I had to prepare and break the news to mum.

***

"Well then, Eva will take your place."

"You can't be serious mum."

"Do I look like I'm joking son?"

I stared at my mum, speechless at her suggestion, this wasn't even a suggestion, it was final.

I still didn't trust Leo one bit, I mean, I was still trying to unveil the mystery of his visit to Michael's and now this?

"Any problem son?"

"I might be back before dinner."

"You might? what if you don't?"

"C'mon mum, it's not even a five-hour journey."

"I just think it will help her learn the roles of royal's more, it's just dinner."

"Is Rose tagging along?"

"Of course not, they will be fine Logan, stop worrying about your love."

"Now go get ready for your flight dear," She added shooing me with a smile.

I stood up, leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead before walking out the door.

***

I sat at the back of the car as Aaron drove to the airport.

"I will join them at the dinner party, I just need to get Franklin's signature."

"I know you will, but remember there is no need to rush things with Franklin, Annabelle can take care of herself."

"You think?"

"I'm confident about that girl." He answered, turning the wheels.

"I hope she is what you say."

"Just focus on this, I still don't believe Leo is on to your lies."

"It's not my lies, it our," I said playfully.

He stared at me through the rare mirror with a frown. "Logan I warned you not to pull me into this."

I smiled. "C'mon, what's the fun if you are not in this with me?"

He shook his head, his focus now on the road.

"Aaron," I called out.

"Yes."

"Thank you for being there for me."

He stared at me through the rare mirror again. "What's the fun if I'm not in this with you?"

A smile crawled on my lips as the car came to a stop.

***

Authors note.

Hey...another chapter, I hope this made you smile.

Remember to vote and drop a comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 3.4K 36
This is part 2 to my story (Temporary love) please read Temporary love first in order to understand the whole story. But to my readers that waiting f...
1.7M 47.5K 21
"My name is Rashiq Salim bin Fiqri Zafar, Crown Prince of Arandia and I need your help." "I'm sorry, did you say prince?" "Yes, and you, Ms. Walker...
2.2K 159 38
Everyone has a story to tell. Including the rich spoilt Meet Diamond Hudson. An heiress who knows no hard life. After she runs away from her own dr...
7.2K 356 34
After the death of her husband, Abigail returns to her hometown with her toddler. Abigail swore off all men, but an unexpected familiar guy walks bac...