The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

15| Ball of Chaos

863 73 19
By imaginator33

♡♡♡

ACE

It was loud again, and cold, so so cold. I wrapped my tiny arms around my body. A loud crash was heard followed by the voice of her yelling.

She has always been so gentle, seeing her like this makes me sad and scared. I was sitting upstairs in my room and yet I could still hear them, with my room door closed. A little glassy tear escaped my eyelid and ran down my cheeks.

Even though I'm sitting comfortably on my bed I still feel uncomfortable. I looked at the window and notice the tiny balls of white clouds falling heavily. I sniffed and buried my face in my arms as a loud bang of a door being shut erupted in the building.

I jerked up and tried to stop myself from crying because my mum was coming and I didn't want her to see me sad.

I waited patiently, staring at the closed door of my large room. I heard footsteps, then it stopped. I was holding my breath as I expected her to open the door any second and hug me tightly chasing all my worries away.

But the door was gently opened and my father walked in. I sniffed and let the tears fall. "Daddy," I cried.

He gave a titled smile. He sat on the bed and carried me in his arms, I cried and grabbed his shirt. He patted me and said, "Were you scared?"

I nodded. He let out a small laugh and let me go. "Do you want to go and see the snow outside with daddy? Nana and Harry are in the driveway."

My forehead creased. "Are you trying to take me away?"

He looked at me with a surprised look on his face, then he kissed my temple and embraced me. "Never!" He said gently and I instantly relaxed. "I'll never leave you, baby. I just want to make you feel more cheerful and see your friends that are waiting downstairs."

"What about my mummy?"

"She'll come..... when she feels better. You know you can't always force people to do what they don't want," He told me and tapped my nose with his index finger.

I nodded and looked out the door. I wanted to instantly get down from the bed and run to my mother.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Love is something that I've always longed to have. To just feel the deep euphoric, spectacular burst in your veins when the thought of that certain person comes to your mind.

The shower felt like rain on my body as I sighed. I thought I had it all, well that was when I was young. My mother would kiss me before I go to school, we would all have breakfast together, laugh together. I never knew that those little moments were the best in life.

I believe I've evolved. I became stronger at most. Before I use to be a gloomy annoying kid. A low chuckle escaped my lips as I closed the tap and the water beating my bare back instantly stopped and silence engulfed me, only little sounds of my breathing could be heard. I ran my hands through my hair as my hands rested on my bare waist.

"Ahhhhh..so nice," I cooed, walking out of the bathroom with a towel around the waist. I used a smaller towel to dry my hair, I whistled as I shut the door to the bathroom and wore my floppy slippers.

My entire body felt so relaxed after a nice warm bath. I laid on my bed and a sigh escaped my lips.

"I'll be with you....always."

I chuckled and ran my hand through my fluffy hair. She lies so perfectly, but I loved the words that she spoke so I refused to believe the truth that was right before my eyes. We all do, we only want to believe what suits us at the moment.

Suddenly, my thoughts went to Quinn, who spoke to my granny two days ago. She would have spoken to her mum yesterday. I'm still confused about how my granny knows the Manchesters.

I sat up and turned on my phone. I went to change into my clothes for the day. I came out from the closet to hear my phone incessantly buzzing.

I grabbed the device and saw the missed calls and messages from Carl. My eyebrows began to furrow as I read his messages.

My eyes widen as the messages sank into my head. My head instantly rose up at the sound of the doorbell

Shit!

I threw my phone in the air without thinking and practically ran over my bed, to the living room, jumping over the couches, almost breaking my skull on the table, and shiny floor. The sun reflected through the glass walls, the perfect weather for my death. What am I saying? I'm totally going to die no matter what I do right now.

I totally forgot about those two, and they're back.

I just have to escape or stop her from seeing me.

I ran to the intercom near the door just in time as she rang the doorbell again. I instantly removed the card and almost on cue all the lights in the apartment shut off. My breath hitched my throat as I searched my pockets for my phone.

I cursed remembering how I fling my phone carelessly when I heard the doorbell. The memory of my buying the phone and calling it my new assistant came to my mind and I groaned.

I suddenly flinched as the doorbell rang again and my hand went to my chest automatically.

I let out a breath and check to see her through the intercom. I clutched the card firmly in my arms. My jaw dropped again as I saw the familiar ball of chaos beside her.

He removed his headphone and suddenly banged the door with his hands.

Can't they leave? I'm not home!

She sighed and looked so gloomy that it hurt me. She bit her lower lips as her eyes lid flickered nervously, she tightly gripped the hand of her bag and I could almost notice her hands trembling. It was until I heard a loud groan that made me flinch did I notice the dummy that kicked the door rashly.

I drew in a hiss and took my hands to my temple already feeling a headache. She turned to him concerned and he cracked his neck telling her he is okay.

What harm exactly would it cause if I open the door for them huh?

But the Carl said they'll soon come and get them...but still....

My body moved according to my heart and keep the card back in his place, instantly the lights came back on. I braced myself and opened the door.

Her eyes widen, she stared at me with those familiar black cat eyes, her dye blond hair was styled perfectly. Her mouth was slightly agape almost like she couldn't believe I opened the door for her.

Whereas the other person grinned broadly and instantly pushed me away, marching into the apartment.

I licked my bottom lips, trying to control myself as my body hit the door from the force of him pushing me. She glared at her brother and looked at me apologetically. I waved her off.

"Hey Ace, I'm hungry bro," He called from inside and I was sure he was already chomping on the chickens in the fridge. "The flight was so tiring and I feel so exhausted, you know how much I hate flying. And oh yeah I'm crashing at your place for our stay."

My lips flinched automatically.

"I'm so sorry," She said, embarrassed and I smiled.

"He has always been like that. I should know better than anyone else," I pointed out and she smiled relaxing a bit. My mind was screaming to ask why they came back from Korea, she left saying she felt better in her home town but now they're suddenly back.

An awkward slice engulfed us. I ran my hands through the back of my hair nervously.

She suddenly said something that made me freeze. "So.....Quinn Manchester huh?"

She has always been so straight forward since we were kids. But at least she shouldn't say things that makes the atmosphere tense and awkward!

I was lost of words.

"He betrayed you, Nana!" Her brother yelled from the kitchen.

"We had it all planned Ace," She said, her voice shaking. My stomach churned and I tried to avoid her gaze.

"Nana," I began and she held my hands gently in hers. She stared at me, her blue eyes scanning my face. I was sure she swallowed before saying, "I saw wrong right? Huh? Ace you can explain, right? I'll believe you. You know that right, I trust you."

I looked at her and held her hands.

"Let's go inside."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

KENNA

I want to query him and corner him demanding answers. But I can't I have to be professional at work, especially now that the chief is in town.

I sighed and tucked a piece of stray air behind my ear. I slyly glance at him and saw him reading a file innocently. I glanced at Esther and saw her hurriedly typing away on her laptop with her glasses on.

I bit my lower lip at the weirdly familiar comfortable silence that engulfed the office. I know what to do, but as a licensed lawyer, I can't do what normal me would do.

Earlier today we got a new client. It's a case about a man who was killed in his bathtub, but the thing is he lives alone and the security camera caught nothing, absolutely nothing we have no fingerprints, no traces of anything. It was the perfect murder.

Right now Esther is calling all the shops near the deceased's house asking for their security cameras that might have caught the killer. And Lucas is checking the deceased's call history. And on my desk is information about the deceased.

"This is really frustrating!" Esther groaned and we perked up to listen to her.

She looked at both of us before saying, "I have a feeling it's that the killer is the manic who killed Mrs. Oyster last two weeks. He knows all the cameras' blind spots and kills without leaving any single clue. And do you know what? As always the shop's security cameras caught nothing. I'm about to pull my hair out of its fucking root."

We both sighed as Esther removed her glasses. "But don't you think it's suspicious that the two people he killed are very rich people that have one thing in common," I pointed out.

"What are you trying to imply?" Lucas asked, massaging his temples.

I stood up from my chair and leaned on Esther's desk to be closer to them because their desks were closer to each other.

"Mrs. Oyster was involved with drugs, she paid the media off to silence them and soon everyone forgot about it....like it never happened," I said remembering how it happened.

"And now drugs were found in Aaron's safe," I pointed out and the expression on their faces was enough to make me know that we are all on the same page.

"Is the killer their boss who sells the drugs and doesn't want any links to him because they got caught?" Lucas thought out loud.

"How would their boss be so good at killing?" Esther queried, pessimistically.

"The boss is going to be someone obviously huge.... someone, so huge that he would pay very good assassins to do his dirty jobs," I said, clicking my tongue.

Lucas groaned and leaned back on his seat. "But we weren't in charge of Mrs. Oyster's case."

"Esther tomorrow, let's go and meet the ones in charge of Mrs. Oyster's case. We must not let another person get in danger," I told her and she nodded.

"I'm so hungry," Esther groaned after a while.

"Why don't we go have lunch together," Lucas suggested getting his coat. Esther perked up exhilarated, "Let's go!"

We all laughed as we got our coats. My eyes flickered to Lucas's laptop and I told them to go before me.

"Really, what's wrong? You know you're the main reason I want to do this." Lucas pouted and Esther huffed at the lack of attention she was getting.

"I'll be outside!" She yelled said glaring at us before walking out and we chuckled.

"Go on and stay with Esther, I'll be out in a minute," I reassured him.

Gosh just freaking go!!!

He reluctantly shuffled away. Once I made sure that the coast was clear I quietly went to Lucas's laptop to find the contract Mr. Jefferson is with.

I clutched my phone in my hand and searched his files for the document. My fingers moved so fast against the keyboard, I was glad that my mother made me go to computer classes. And finally, I found it, I immediately got my phone and top a picture of it. I couldn't believe my eyes, if Mr. Winston signs the paper all the companies under the Winston's would be shared equally among Mr. Jefferson and Liam. The branches in Chian and Australia would be given to Myra.

What kind of cruel world do we live in now? We can't really trust anyone.

The door suddenly opened abruptly and I almost stumbled as my phone fell from my hands and crashed on the floor.

My eyes widen as he stared at me warily.

I swallowed and stared, the pupils in my eyes fading away as the whites expanded.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Vote, comment, and share.

They really help in getting the story out there 🥺🥺

QOTD: What's your favourite kdrama?!?

I honestly can't pick.😭😭

What gets me irritated is when someone says love alarm or nevertheless is the best kdrama😭 don't get me wrong,I love them. But when there's k2, scarlet heart, weightlifting fairy, strong woman, penthouse, sky castle, a man called God those other kdramas don't stand a chance.😤

Anways off to the next chapter my loves

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
4.5K 351 50
"Please, come back to me." "I never left." *** Clara Carter, the troublemaker of A...
4.3K 393 20
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
416K 13.4K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...