The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
26| A little reunion
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

11| Past Pains Rushing Back

1K 82 35
By imaginator33

♡♡♡

QUINN

My legs seemed so weak and lifeless as I walked to my apartment, the feeling came back again. My entire body felt lifeless and I began to question how I survived this eight years ago when I was just a teenager.

I got to my door and pressed in my password, 4444.

A clicking sound rang in the air and I went in. I removed my scarf and let it drop on the floor as I went to my room to grab the picture frame.

The tears stung my eyes as I stared into his eyes. My fingertips caressed the picture, my heart ached and I wished for him to be right beside me laughing in reality and not just in a picture.

He smiled brightly at the camera while showing his dimples and perfectly flossed teeth. I was also beside him in the picture the happiness we felt could be felt by anyone looking at the picture.

"Angus," I sniffed, the tear couldn't be stopped again. My lips began quivering and I broke down.

I sniffed as caressed his face. "Angus, why?" I whimpered, my heart felt like it was tightening by the second. "Can't you let me hug you just once more, huh?"

"I miss you," I breathed, I hugged the frame to my chest and sobbed uncontrollably again........and again.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I explain what happened yesterday to my doctor as I packed my bag. I had already dressed up wearing a very casual outfit which consisted of a turtle neck cream-colored sweater, pitch-black leggings, and white trainers.

"I went down to check if it'll still affect me, and it did, it affected me badly." I told Mr. Barret as my breath hitched in my throat.

"It seems like you still haven't gotten over the incident......"

I bit my lower lips and locked my apartment, "Does that mean I've not made any progress for the past eight years?"

Mr. Barret hesitated, "Quinn, do you have time to come for a session?"

I grimace, then what's the use of always going when I haven't made any progress?

Another call suddenly came in and I checked my phone, Kenna.

"Mr. Barret, I'll try to find time," I said and ended the call to answer Kenna's call.

I wore my sunshade as I got into the elevator where another woman was standing. I know her! She's the most powerful woman in the fashion industry. She had a sunshade on and wore a gown almost the same color as my sweater, just one look at her and you could tell she was powerful.

"QUINN!" Kenna's yelled making me startled.

I adjusted my AirPods as I became alert "Kenna? What's wrong?"

"Quinn, you have to stop Ace from leaving the building!"

"What.....why?"

"Someone's planning to kill him, just... I don't have time to explain. STOP HIM!"

"But I can't just walk up to him and say, hey don't go to work someone is planning your death." The woman beside me adjusted her sunshades as I finished my sentence and I shut my mouth.

"Just explain to him. I've tried to call him but he's not picking he was probably busy or just doesn't pick numbers he's not familiar with...... Quinn use any method you can to stop him. It's a matter of life and death."

She seemed like she was in a hurry as she ended the call. Life and death, oh please.

Who the hell would be trying to kill Ace?

The elevator opened on the first floor, I was about to press the button for the 15th floor when I saw a familiar blonde head sitting on a bench.

"Ace!" I ran out of the elevator breathless.

"Are you okay?" I asked, scanning him.

He looked at me puzzled, "My car was tolled yesterday night because I had to get someone home."

I scoffed, "We have better things to worry about... don't go to work today."

"It's my fourth car this year-"

"Ace!" I yelled, he looked at me startled.

"Please don't go to work today," I paused and looked around making sure no one was within hearing capacity. LApparently someone is planning to have you killed today.....so ditch work today. You know I don't fancy you, but I'm serious about this."

He suddenly became serious and the essence around us became tense. His aurora suddenly switched and I saw something flicker in the sea in his eyes. He seemed so... Different.

"Today....at work?" He asked, his voice came out deeper and huskier giving it away that he was dead serious.

Okay, that was dead attractive. I swallowed and looked at my watch then back at him.

I bit my lower lip. "That's what I was told, and to make sure you don't go to work today.....you see every life is precious and...I...I don't want to lose anyone again so, please...... Can you skip work today?"

"Let's call the police, then you'll be safe, huh?" I added. "Think about your family, it's the ones that are left behind that suffer the most."

"It's just been a day and they're already attacking me," He chuckled and pocked the insides of his cheek with his tongue. "If they're planning to kill me then they won't stop just because I didn't go to work, they'll try over and over again to reach their goal......So I have to go." He suddenly got up and I grabbed his hands before he could go any further.

He stopped and turned back, I shook my head telling him to not go.

He sighed and held my hands. "I'll be careful, and make sure to not go anywhere suspicious," He said, I sighed and nodded.

He smiled and ruffled my bangs before walking away.

I ran my hands through my hair. I pleaded with any divine creature out there to keep him safe, I can't bear the pain of losing someone again.

My phone suddenly rang, I answered it as I sat on the bench and leaned back.

"Hey, Actress!"

"Yes, Shelly."

"Are you asleep?" She sounded alarmed, "She's asleep! Are you kidding me? Hey Actress you have a shot this morning so get up, Hey are still asleep? HEY ACTRESS!"

I sighed still thinking about who to tell about Ace, I don't know who would want to plot his death so I can't trust anyone and I doubt he'll appreciate me calling the police.

"Does anyone listen to me?" I heard Shelly ask exasperated.

"I'm in the lobby," I finally said.

She laughed. "Aha, Brandon are you hearing her?" I could imagine Brandon chewing his gum and scrolling down the screen on his phone, "We'll be there In One.....two....three"

A loud horn was heard from the entrance of the building. I let out a breath as I slumped on the seat once I got into the black-tinted van.

"Hey, you don't look like someone who just woke up," Shelly sneered and I shut my eyes before removing my AirPods.

"How did it go..." Brandon wiggled his eyebrows at me, "Did lover boy make a move yesterday?"

"Oh, that reminds me. Actress! How could you start dating Ace Winston without telling your company do you know how dumbfounded I was when I saw all the news headlines?" Shelly yelled. I yawned while stretching my hands and cracking my neck.

"Ahhh, His bed was really nice."

Brandom squeaked and tapped my thighs multiple times.

"YOU SLEPT WITH HIM!" They both yelled at the same time.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

ACE

"Good morning, Mr. Winston," Alex greeted me as I got to the office.

I sat on my seat and wondered how Mr. Jefferson would plan to attack me, I laughed and leaned on the seat making it revolve.

"You have a meeting by nine which is thirty minutes from now, it's with the head of the Winston's Motors to discuss the new model.... and by twelve we have to meet the Head of Advertisements department to discuss the new endorsements and by three you have a lunch plan with the CEO of Amnesty to finalize our company's charity work, we have to make sure to meet their CEO today because he's coming from the Uk," Alex read out my schedule for today.

"The charity?"

"Yes sir, We need to meet him to show the public that we are supporting them."

I chuckled, "So that's how we want to get more hype for our AI project, damn old man."

Alex said nothing and gulped. Believe it or not, I saw myself in Alex. I was once like him, I shrank at every little thing thrown at me. I was venerable and weak, I let them control me. But it made me stronger and fueled my anger. Now I'm stronger because of those weak times. I looked at him, you'll get there.

Lilly suddenly entered, when she saw me her eyes became unsettled as she immediately took her gaze to the ground and moved backward only to crash into Pablo.

A small gasp left her mouth as she moved away from him, again all I could see on her face this time was 'Orange' while Pablo wore the same type of trousers but this time it was colored brown.

"Lilly, what-" Pablo suddenly choked on his breath as he noticed me. He pretended to not see me, as he hit his chest coughing. Lilly stood behind him and he stared at the ceiling while his adam's apple moved up and down.

"I'll have you know Lilly, I absolutely find it unpleasant to have someone touch my belongings without my permission." I told her and she pressed her lips into a thin line as a look of embarrassment masked her face, she slowly peeped at me from behind Pablo.

"Um... I'm so sorry, I just thought you would want to celebrate your first day... I guess I went overboard..... I hope I didn't cause any problem between you and Quinn Manchester?" She apologized.

They all had their gaze on me waiting to hear my response, I looked at them and blinked twice.

I immediately sprang up, "I'll....I'll be in the restroom," I announced and walked to the restroom.

I let out a raspberry and held the marble lavatory, I just freaked out once she asked me about Quinn. Why the hell did I freak out?

I could have just avoided the question, I sighed and at that moment I heard a toilet flush. I thought I was in there alone.

A man wearing an all-black outfit came out, he looked at me through the mirror and I swear I saw him smirk. He adjusted his face cap and began to wash his hands beside me.

Quinn's words came back to my mind, Someone is planning to kill you, today.

I was about to leave when, he spoke "Ace Winston....the heir to Winston's company?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to face him, he raised an eyebrow and brought out a picture from his jacket pocket.

He looked at it and looked at me like he was comparing me to the person in the picture.

"Your mother really loves you," He chuckled and tapped my shoulder.

My blood became cold and rage spread through me. She couldn't possibly be back after all these years would she just come back and expect everything to be alright again?

"My mother?"

He gave me a sinister smile and smacked his lips.

"She just saved you."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"Mum, dad's back," I yelled as I jumped on my father's back and he laughed twirling me around.

My mum came into view and chuckled as she saw us, she pried me off my father's back making me pout.

"Now Ace, your father's just back from work and he's-" She pinched the bridge of her nose making me laugh, she shot my father a look and he looked at her with a kind of look I didn't quite understand.

"Oh wow, so I'm stinking when I'm back from work huh?" He said smugly and my mum laughed richly.

"Ace come, let's leave this old man to go freshen up," She said grabbing a hold of my hands and I smiled at her going with her to the kitchen.

My dad suddenly appeared in front of us and grabbed my mum away from me, she laughed loudly as he carried her and she tried to free herself.

"Mummy," I whined feeling a whirl in my stomach, I crossed my hands over my chest. I felt, what's the word..... yeah jealous.

My dad buried his face into my mother's neck and my mum laughed louder, she suddenly noticed me and slapped my father's hand and nudged her head towards my direction, which made him drop her.

She smirked at him before reaching to carry me, I buried my face in her neck as a smile glossed my lip.

I saw my dad and stuck out my tongue at him making him laugh loudly.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Is Ace's mum back?

What did you guys think about this chapter???

VOTE AND COMMENT.

TAG YOUR FRIENDS HERE TO SHARE THIS STORY~~~

I'm following anyone who tags more than five 🖐 people 😀

QOTD: What form of therapy is the best to you?

For me, I think writing down how I'm feeling and listening of music helps a lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 34 31
This books contains strong language and mature scenes. This book is being slowly rewritten. The story remains the same For Cade, life is just a neve...
506K 17.2K 40
Iris Giorgianni is no ordinary girl. She's living a double life: a neglected daughter at home, but a fighter on the streets. As the leader of The San...
149K 3.9K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
11.5K 588 20
Elle wants to go through her last year of high school without drama. Unfortunately, the people around her don't make that easy. Suddenly, she's in th...