My One True Love, Trunks Brie...

By Shinedownlover560

Rosamoona Hokusai is as normal as a Half-Human, Half-Saiyan child could be. She and her parents (Goku and Chi... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Tournament Contestants
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Name Change?

Chapter Forty-Three

965 23 19
By Shinedownlover560

"Wow! This place is beautiful!" Mar says as we break apart from one another. I set down the duffle bag, looking around in awe.

"Thank you," Kansas replies, smiling. Nate was also grinning.

"Boy, does it feel good to be back here!" he states, looking around with love in his eyes.

The lot of us were standing in front of a huge lakeside cabin house. Ivy ran up both sides of the house, giving it a lost to the world feeling. The front porch, which had a few chairs and a swing, extended all the way around like the houses you see in the southern living magazines.

Bugs buzzed around us, drawn to the house by the smell of summertime flowers. The flowers were of all different types, giving off an array of pleasant smells and a beautiful display of colors. I smiled when I saw my favorite; a bright red Amaryllis.

"You guys own this?" Goten asked, looking at Nate and Kansas incredulously. "This is freaking amazing!"

Laughing, Kansas brushed some of her hair out of her face. "Technically, its not really ours. Mary, Nate's grandmother, owns it. But she doesn't get out much anymore, so she lets us use it."

"It's the one good thing my dad left when he walked out," Nate added. "Well, besides me of course." He flashes a grin that has most of us rolling our eyes but smiling.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Bulma asked, grinning as well. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm itching to get in the water!"

A chorus of agreement rang out. Smiling, I reached down and picked the duffle bag, heading for the house.

"Follow me if you want your suits!" I called over my shoulder, bounding up the stairs and pushing the door open.

The inside of the house was just was breathtaking as the outside. Large glass windows gave way to a perfect view of the lake. Expensive looking furniture and other knick-knacks sat in various spots in the rooms that I could see. A large kitchen sat to my left, looking as if it had never even been used.

"Jesus, Nate," I said as he and the others walked on behind me. "I can't get over the size of this place!"

The blond laughed. "I'll assume that was a complement."

"This house must cost a fortune!" Gaea exclaimed. "Did you guys win the lottery or something?"

"Oooooh, can I be the one to tell 'em?" Bulla asked. Then, without waiting for Nate to give an answer, she continued. "Four score and seven years ago Nate's great-something grandma came to America from some country no one's ever heard of with riches beyond your wildest dreams. Here she met the love of her life, a dirt ass poor farmer who had settled on the very land we're standing on now. Together they had a bagillion kids and had to build a mammoth house to fit all of them. Fast forward a few hundred years and who knows how many renovations later, you have this wonderful house we find ourselves in today." She turned to Nate. "Did I get it right?"

Laughing again, he nods. "Pretty much."

"I think you forgot the part where his grandma was like a queen or something," Uub added. "And she left because she was threatened or something."

"Whoa so you're like the long-lost king of some country?" Mar asked Nate who shrugged.

"I guess. It doesn't exist anymore, so my title is useless."

"The majority of our friends are royalty in someway, Rosey. I wonder what that says about us," my brother joked, nudging me in the ribs with his elbow. I chuckled.

"What are you all doing standing around here?" Videl asked as she and Gohan came inside.

"Nate's giving us a history lesson, Momma," Gaea replies.

"Oh yeah? What about?" Gohan questions.

"Just some family history. Nothing that interesting," Nate says, waving his hand. Suddenly, he reached out and snatched the duffle from me.

"Last one upstairs changes in the hall!" He dashed for the stairs.

"Hey!" Bulla protested, running after him.

"No fair! Wait up! I have shorter legs!" Mar complained, quickly following. It was true; she got her height from Krillin.

I smirked, glancing quickly at Trunks and Goten before transporting to the upstairs, waiting for the others. I blinked and a my fiance was right there with me.

"How comes Nate waved off Gohan's question like that?" I asked as I heard the others fighting over who got to go up the  staircase first. "And how come this is the first time I've ever heard this story before?"

"He doesn't like to rub it in that he's from royalty. It's not that much of a deal for him, so he doesn't see the need to let other people know. Besides, like he said, it technically doesn't exist anymore. Who would believe him?" Trunks explains, taking my hand and swinging it between us.

"I do. I'm sure Goten, Mar and Gaea do as well. And you and Bulla." I counter.

"Yeah, but we're his friends. We know him and all."

I nod. "True. But he's a likable guy. He has a lot of friends at school. Who cares if they believe him or not?"

"Okay, well think of it like this: its like when we erased everyone's memories of Baby. Sometimes the less people know the better." Just as Trunks was done talking, Gaea, Uub and Mar came running up, screeching to a halt in front of us.

"Whooo! Being short rocks!" Mar laughs, raising her hands for a high five. The kids grin, both of them slapping one of her hands.

"That didn't mean you had to step on our heads!" Goten protested as he, Bulla and Nate caught up with us. My brother rubbed the back of his head gently.

 "Quit whinning about your head, Uncle Goten! Let's change already! I wanna swim!" our niece said, crossing her arms. I chuckled.

"I'm with Pan! Let's swim! The water looks awesome!" Bulla grabbed the bag from Nate, quickly opening it and reaching in, bringing out a red one piece bathing suit. Grinning, she ran to a room to change, leaving the bag  on the floor as she did so.

"Yeah! That's it!" Gaea says, being the next to get her suit. Like Bulla's, it was red, but it had a blue bow on the front. She too disappeared into one of the many rooms.

"Moon, you wanna go next?" Mar asked, gesturing to the bag. Grinning, I went over, picking it up, digging through and finding mine. It was a orange and blue bikini, complete with a whole in the bottoms for my tail.

"I'll meet you all down there," I said as I also picked a room. Closing the door, I quickly change, leaving my clothes in a pile on the bed. I debated taking my necklace off, but decided against it. People wore their engagement rings while swimming, so why couldn't I wear my necklace?

Transporting downstairs, I walked out to where Mom and some of the others were setting up the picnic tables with all the food we brought. Slipping over unnoticed, I grabbed one of the chicken salad sandwiches, taking a bite out of it.

"You have to wait thirty minutes now before getting into the water," Gohan said from behind me. I turned around to see that he was already changed into his purple swim shorts.

"Mmmm. Does it look like I care?" I asked jokingly as I take another bite, smirking.

"But I do! I don't want anything to happen to my darling little sister!" he says, clasping his hands together over his chest. "Which is why I'll be taking this." Suddenly my sandwich was no longer in my hands. Instead, it was in Gohan's. He smirked - just like I had done - as he took a bite.

"Hey! That's mine! Give it back!" I protested, reaching for it. But he held it up, out of my reach.

"No fair! You're like a million times taller then I am!" I huffed. At five ten, my older had me beat by seven inches.

"Well I guess you're not getting your sandwich back, lil' sis."

Frowning, I jumped, using my Ki to propel myself higher. Gohan, though surprised, managed to move out of the way in time, denying me again. I continued to jump, each time getting closer and closer to my sandwich. Finally, Gohan turned, his back towards be, shielding the food with his body. Smirking, I took advantage of the situation. Jumping onto my brother's back, I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I even used my tail to keep a hold.

Gohan let out a small yelp of surprise as I fumbled around, feeling for the hand that held my sandwich. But he wasn't giving up that easily. Thrusting his hand out so his arm extended all the way, Gohan laughed as I clawed at his arm, trying to bring it back.

"God dammit, Gohan!" I said, laughing. "Give it back!"

"I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of your failure!" Gohan teased, taunting me by bringing it back some, only to stretch his hand back out again as I grabbed for it.

"Hey! What's going on?!" Gohan and I both looked up to see Dad standing over by the table where I had gotten the sandwich. He looked slightly confused while everyone else who was witnessing the spectacle was laughing. 

"Daddy, Gohan is being a mean big brother!" I said, pouting. "Make him give me what's left of my sandwich back!"

Dad looked between the two of us before grinning and walking over. He very simply plucked it out of Gohan's outstretched hand.

Squealing, I jumped off my brother's back, standing beside him, grinning. "Thank you, Daddy! You're the-" I cut myself off as Dad stuck the whole thing is his mouth.

"Wow! This is really good!" he exclaimed, his mouth full, looking over at 18. "Good job!"

18 smirked. "Thank you, Goku."

Meanwhile, Gohan and I looked at each other is disbelief, then back over at Dad. Without warning, we sprang at our father, tackling him to the ground. I sat on his chest while Gohan held his legs down.

"Ha! This is what you get!" I said, grinning. Dad's chest moved under me as he laughed. In moments, Gohan and I were laughing as well.

"God, we leave you all alone for five minutes, and this is what you do? Start attacking one another?" Mar asked, her voice scolding. I looked up to see her trying to keep a straight face.

"Aww, you're just jealous, Marron," Gohan said. "You don't have any siblings to fight with!"

"No, but I do have all of you. Does that count for something?" she wondered, finally letting her grin show through.

Laughing again, I rolled off Dad, helping him up when Gohan stood up as well. He placed a hand on my head, ruffling my hair up.

"Ah! Not one more move, mister!" I heard Bulma say. Looking over, I saw Uub paused, mid reach, next to the bologna and cheese sandwiches.

"But Rose had one!"

"Half of one," I interjected.

Bulma proceeded as if I hadn't spoken. "It doesn't matter! She wasn't supposed to have one either. They're for later. Now, get your little butts into that water and away from the food! Go on, get! Go have fun!"

Sharing a look, the lot of us grinning, taking off for the lake. 

Fun didn't even begin to describe what we had. Once we got in the water, you could only get us out for food. We had a blast. We played couple vs couple chicken, Marco Polo, volleyball, and an assortment of other fun water based activities.

Towards the end, as the sun was going down, Gaea, Bulla, Mar and I were standing in a circle, talking and laughing. Suddenly, I heard Tarble call our names.

"Pangaea, Bulla, Marron, Rosamoona! Look here!" As we turned, I noticed he was holding a camera up to his face. Instantly, I grinned.

The flash nearly blinded me, but I merely shook my head and laugh.

"Uncle Tarble, where did you learn how to use a camera?" Bulla asked, chuckling at the grin on the Saiyan's face.

"Nii-san showed me!" This made us laugh even harder.

"Really? My father showed you how to use something electrical? Most of the time he doesn't use it himself!" the blue haired girl replied.

Tarble chuckled. "He told me to 'document' today's festivities, so I did as he asked." Just before any of us could respond, Tarble's attention turned to something else. Raising the camera to his eye, he took off, hoping to capture whatever on film.

Just as the sun sunk below the horizon, all of our large group gathered around a large bonfire that Grandpa and Grue had started. We sat, huddled in mostly pairs, as the heat from the fire dried out our clothes. I sat on Trunks' lap, our hands intertwined. He played with my hair, making me feel relaxed and content.

"This was a beautiful day," Mom said, Dad's arms wrapped around her. Agreement went through us, each of us all voicing our opinions.

"Well, while you're all in a good mood, Gohan and I have some news," Videl announced, looking up at her husband. He smiled warmly, nodding.

"What's up, Videl?" Bulma asked, looking at her curiously. We all were.

My sister-in-law bit her lip before grinning and saying, "I'm pregnant."

There was a moment of silence before a cheer of happiness rolled around us.

"Really?!" Mom asked, her eyes shining with tears. Videl nodded.

"Yes! I found out a week or two ago! Gohan and I are having another baby!"

An uproar emanated from our group as people jumped up to hug the happy couple, including Goten and I.

"This think about it, Rosey! In nine months, we'll have a new niece or nephew to torment!"  my younger brother said, grinning like crazy and wrapped an arm around Gaea, who was as bubbly as she could be. More people pushed their way through to congratulate them, causing me to drift back over to Trunks. He was smiling at me. I looked at him for a moment before grinning back.

'I wanna tell them, Monkey Boy,' I sent him. Surprise flicked across his face for only the briefest moment before he smiled again, nodding.

'I think now is as good a time as ever,' he replied. Wrapping an arm around me, Trunks cleared his throat.

"Pigeon and I have something to say as well," he said. For a quick moment, I could see the looks on everyone's faces. They thought I was pregnant as well.

"Last month, Trunks proposed to me. I said yes" I finished, leaning my head on his shoulder. There was a minute of silence before Mar yelled out first.

"Rosamoona Leeane Hokusai, as your best friend, why the fuck did you not tell me?!" She crossed her arms over her chest, looking pissed. 

I raised the hand that wasn't around Trunks' waist in surrender. "I'm sorry! We wanted to tell everyone all together!"

"I haven't noticed you wearing a ring or anything..." Uub mused. "Only that necklace. Did he like promise one later or-" He stopped as his own words sunk in. A grin slowly spread across his face.

"The necklace? The one you got her from the carnival?" Ares asked, even though everyone already knew the answer. Grinning, I nodded, bringing a hand up and touching it lightly.

"So, what? Like the Watertribes do in Avatar: The Last Airbender?" Goten asked, looking at my necklace curiously. 

“Whoa, how do you know that?” Nate asked. “I thought you were, like, deprived of all childhood normality's growing up because of Baby?” Goten rolled his eyes.

“Dude, I lived my first, like, seven years in Japan. Anime is my thing.”

"Oh, my baby is growing up!" Mom sobbed as the news finally sunk in. She left Dad's side and came running over to her, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back.

"Have you made any other plans?" Vegeta asked, looking between his son and me while I struggled to get Mom off. Trunks shook his head.

"No, we're planning on waiting until after college to do anything more. The whole proposal was just a spur of the moment thing," he admitted, rubbing his head slightly.

Just as I got Mom off me, I felt another pair of arms encircle me. It was Dad.

"I'm so proud of you, Mooney. You're on your way to starting your own family," he said in my ear quietly. I felt myself tear up.

"Thank you," I replied, hugging him back. After he let go, it was an endless cycle of people hugging and congratulating us. Mar, being the moody person that she was, forgave me, she said, as long as I made her a maid of honor. Laughing, I had told her yes.

When Gohan and Videl got to us, I told them, "I'm sorry to steal your thunder... I just wanted to tell everyone the news while it was happening..."

"No worries," Videl assured me. "We can all share the lime-light." Smiling, I hugged her, then my older brother.

Finally, there was no one left to hug. When we were all settled down, I felt exhaustion creeping into my body. Looking around, I could tell I wasn't the only one. But no one moved. We didn't want to interrupt the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 5.7K 78
You are an Earthling with unknown potential for power. All your life, you were training... fighting in tournaments. After what happened... You lived...
81.1K 2K 31
This story will not follow any of dragon ball events (movies, anime or manga). It will be a whole different story with added OCs (not alot OCs anyway...
47.5K 675 20
She is older then most of the rest of her race. She comes from the time of the first Super Saiyan God, Yamoshi. He taught her how to go Super Saiyan...
138K 2.5K 180
The Saiyan Warrior, Raditz, lands on Earth to confront his long-lost younger Brother, Goku. Soon conflict erupts, forcing the Saiyan brothers to figh...