GANG // H.S

By smemilyemily

In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world... More

Prologue
DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
PLEASE READ- NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 19

739 43 11
By smemilyemily

BEEN SO LONG SINCE THE LAST UPDATE, so maybe go back and reread the last chapter if need be,
Enjoy x
__________________

"And here we are" Harry's voice is low as we enter the main meal tent. Before entering, I thought that we must have been just going to eat as we usually would; the tent full of men and loud chatter. Though upon entering I notice complete and utter silence and a candle lit glow  from multiple candles situated around the tent. In the middle of the tent is a table set for two and there is a single rose placed in the middle of it.

I'm at a loss for words, "...Wow... what's the special occasion? Anyone would that this was a marriage proposal" I lightly laugh and Harry chuckles too but it sounds forced and stiff.

"Like I said, we are celebrating tonight." Harry leads me to the table and pulls my chair out for me, motioning for me to sit, "For once you have successfully completed a job that has been asked of you, and, I received some very thrilling news today".

Once I am seated I watch Harry place my crutches against the tent wall and lower himself onto his own seat across from me. My eyes scan the tent and I think back to Ethan's letter and how he told me he thought the horse stables were too risky. Instead, he believes behind this VERY meal tent will be a safer location for us to meet?
What are the chances that Harry has insisted on a one-on-one dinner date at this exact location on the night of my meeting with Ethan?
That man truly has the worst timing.

"What thrilling news would that be?" I ask as I am finally snapped from my thoughts, picking up the rose and twirling it between my fingers. Stupidly, I forget that roses have thorns and as I spin the flower I prick my finger, dropping the rose immediately and gasping. I watch as a small pool of blood builds on my finger and watch as Harry swiftly reaches out to grab my hand. He examines it thoughtfully and then, to my surprise, places my finger in his mouth and sucks softly, never once removing eye contact with me.

"What the... Ew Harry, why would you do that?" My face scrunches up in disgust but he doesn't bat an eyelash as he lowers my hand back down to the table without expression or a word.

"Are you hungry?" He changes the subject, not so subtly sliding by my question. I hate when he does that.
My stomach rumbles in response and I let out an embarrassed laugh as Harry's mouth curves up into a smirk.

"Starved" I say.

"Well what are we waiting for? Ladies" Harry's voice becomes louder and almost instantly, three girls walk into the tent, trays of food impressively balanced on their arms. I notice one of the girls to be Cecelia, and my eyes shift away from hers as she lowers her eyes at me and seems to scowl.

"I hope you like Gourmet" Harry says as the girls place the dishes in front of us and lift up the lids. Steam escapes almost instantly and a delicious smell engulfs the tent, causing my stomach to grumble once again.

Harry chuckles at this and then gestures towards the dish,
"Help yourself".

Harry begins to pour some type of dark liquid, which I'm assuming is a wine of some sort, into two cups and then slides one in front of me, nodding encouragingly. I hesitantly reach out and pick up the glass, bringing it to my nose and smelling.
I immediately pull the glass away from my nose and feel my face scrunch up into a sour expression, a small cough escaping my lips.

"Oh I forgot you haven't had much experience with alcohol" Harry's sarcastic voice fills the tent and I lower my eyes at him, "It's red wine for a very special occasion, not poison... Give it a go".
Harry raises his glass up and encourages me to do the same. I copy his motion and then bring it to my lips, tipping my head back and feeling the liquid wash down my throat. Once finishing it all, I slam the glass back down onto the table and exhale loudly, squeezing my eyes shut as I feel the burning sensation fill me.

"I didn't say scull your drink, you alcoholic" Harry's amused voice fills my ears and I frown when I see he's only taken a sip of his.

"Oh..." is all I can say, and I hang my head in embarrassment. Letting out a gentle, embarrassed cough I say, "It's not as bad as I imagined though".

"No, it's not that bad at all. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed though. Takes real guts to sink a drink that fast. Especially for a beginner and a... girl of your type, that is".

I smile a sarcastic smile and ignore his sexist and flat out rude remark; I can definitely do just as much as him.

Harry fills my cup again and I reach for the food, filling my plate and immediately digging in, popping whatever this delicious meal infront of me is straight into my mouth. I close my eyes and moan in appreciation, only to find once I open my eyes that Harry appears to be staring right through me. I finish chewing and swallow, reciprocating his unfailing eye contact.

"What?" I ask him defensively, consciously touching and wiping around my mouth in case I have made a mess of myself.

Harry shrugs, "Is it a crime to stare at you when you're looking as sexy as what you are right now?"

I scoff and then let out a chuckle, "Only you would find some way to compliment someone while they are stuffing their face with food".

Harry rolls his eyes in response, "Always making a big deal out of things. Just take the god damn compliment, Melody".

I find myself also rolling my eyes and let out an annoyed huff before continuing to fill forkful after forkful into my mouth.
Once finishing the whole plate plus another serving, I let out a large sigh and then fall back onto my chair, making eye contact with Harry once again.
What are we even supposed to talk about? Sitting eye to eye across from each other is quite intimidating so my eyes slip away from his and start awkwardly searching around the tent in hopes to find inspiration to start a conversation worth having.

"So..." I slowly start, bringing my glass to my lips and then taking another sip. "...What was the good news you had today?"

I watch as Harry's lips pull up into a smirk, "Oh nothing too interesting by the likes of you... But it will set a lot of things straight in my world once it's all sorted" He rubs his hands together enthusiastically, "Honestly, it was the most thrilling news I've received in a while".

Being the sticky beak I am, I'm not satisfied with Harry's answer but before I can push the matter any further I am pulled from my thoughts when the tent door is pulled open loudly and in walks Cecelia.
My eyes scan her body as she reaches over and collects the empty plates and places them in her arms.

"Is that all sir?" Cecelia asks Harry and I feel the urge to giggle at the fact that she has to call him sir but stop myself when I realise that my bad manners is probably just the wine kicking in. Alcohol truly is a terrible drink.

"No, I actually have a favour to ask of you. Come here", Harry beckons to her with his finger and she obeys, leaning in. I watch as his lips make their way to her ear and try to listen to what he whispers but it's no use.
He really is a good whisperer.

A hint of jealously washes over me but I mentally slap myself. Why would I be jealous? Harry is a gang leader; he has shown me time and time again how ruthless he can be and the hate and lack of respect he holds for my family. He probably thinks this is all a game and is no doubt enjoying this stockholm syndrome effect he believes he has on me. I won't fall for it,
No way.

"Melody" I am ripped from my thoughts when I hear my name being called and make eye contact with Harry once again. My eyes break away and shift around the room to see that Cecelia has left.

I take another gulp of my drink. "Yes? Where did she go?"

I watch Harry's lips curve up into a small smirk, "Why the lack of enthusiasm towards her?"

"Lack of enthusiasm? I have no idea what you're talking about..." My voice trails off and I look away from him once again. "Do you know what the time is?"

"No I don't, any specific reason that you need to know?" His voice sounds suspicious; I have to think fast.

"No it's just that I am tired and am hoping to get a good rest tonight for whatever exciting plans await me tomorrow".

Harry scoffs, "you do one teeny weeny task for me and you're tired? Did you even do anything to help out in your fancy pants palace when you lived there?" He asks me and I frown, opening my mouth to defend myself.

"For one, it was not a palace-"

Harry interrupts me, "Oh so just a big fancy ass mansion then for you fine, privileged people".

My fingers tighten around my wine glass and I bring it to my lips once again, taking another drink, this one a little bigger than before. You can definitely hear the judgement in Harry's voice, but what have I got to feel sorry for?
Yes, I would be responsible for cleaning up my own room but everything else was sorted by our maids who actually got paid quite large amounts to do our jobs for us. That's just the way it was, and our maids never got treated harshly... well,
By me anyway..

I suddenly have flashbacks of my father screaming at and threatening one of our maids for mixing his dirty laundry with mine and try my best to shake that away from my mind; Harry's trying to get in my head... Right? Father had a right to raise his voice at her for not doing her job correctly... right?

Harry's eyebrows are risen as if he's expecting a response from me but I just shake my head, almost as if I am trying to rid my mind of those thoughts,
"It's none of your business. I'm not in the mood to bicker with you. I'm just tired, that's all. It's really quite draining being around your snotty attitude all day, every day".

"Snotty, hey? You're quite amusing when you're irritated. I do believe you spent a whole day today away from my 'snotty' attitude. Would you like to spend every day away from my said attitude? I'm sure I have lots of jobs worth doing", I watch as he flicks his hand open to reveal his fingers and points to one as if he is about to start counting, "there's the stables that need to regularly be cleared of the horse shit, there's the washing of my men's clothes every evening, there's the..."

"Alright, alright! I get it" I cut him off.

"Just don't forget your place with me Melody. I believe I've made it clear to you on how I like being spoken to", Harry raises his glass to his lips and takes a small sip, "I really don't think you view me as dangerous, and we might need to change that if your cheek doesn't stop towards me. It could get you into a lot of trouble; ...watch... it...".

Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I finish what is left in my glass and then push my chair out from the table, "Well on that note, thank you for the dinner. Could you please pass me my crutches so that I can leave?"
I steadily lift myself up and balance on one foot.

Harry smirks as he stands and makes his way over to where my crutches are leaning against the wall, "Aw, leaving so soon? I thought we were getting quite pleasantly acquainted. We didn't even get to dessert".

When he passes my crutches to me, I hook them under my arms and then hobble towards the door of the tent, "Not really in the mood for dessert now but thank you, dinner was lovely".

Harry looks smug as he approaches me and opens the entrance, allowing me to step out into the night air. There is a slight breeze and I close my eyes, smiling as I feel it hit my face. I open them to see Harry walking slowly ahead of me and I follow, watching his long strives as we go.
Ahead of us I see a figure, nearing closer and closer as we walk.

"Niall will accompany you tonight to make sure you don't get into any mischief. I have some matters to attend to" Harry says as I notice that the figure is Niall, and he is standing comfortably with his hands tucked into his pockets.
Niall offers me a small smile and I smile back.

This is perfect.

"If there's any issues come and get me, you'll know where I'll be" Harry says to Niall and then with that, he takes off in the opposite direction.

When Harry is finally out of hearing distance, I let out an exaggerated sigh, "Oh thank goodness! I was worried that he was going to hold me hostage all night and that I'd miss my chance tonight".

Niall chuckles before he winks, "we wouldn't want that, would we?"

"No" I agree, "do you know what the time is?"

I watch as his head flicks up towards the moon and he clicks his tongue, "I'd say it's about ten pm?"

My eyes widen and I shake my head in disbelief, "You're sure? How did time fly by so fast? I swear it was daylight only a few short hours ago!"

"Yeah, like five or so 'short hours ago'", Niall chuckles, "But pretty sure, yep. What time did Ethan say he was going to meet you?"

"Eleven. I'd better go and get myself sorted" I start to hobble towards Harry's tent.

"What do you mean 'get sorted'? You look gorgeous the way you are! What more do you need to do?" Niall calls out to me and a smile creeps onto my lips, how sweet.

"Thank you Niall, but I do need to fix up my hair and prepare myself you know? It's been a... while since I've done this".

Niall nods understandingly and then opens Harry's tent door for me, allowing me to slip in.
He keeps it open as he says, "I'll hang around camp and give you an hour or so alone just so you can have your time you know? Then we'll meet back here, okay? Don't be too long otherwise Harry will notice that you're gone when he returns.
Oh and... please don't try to run away. These woods are dangerous at night and no one knows them better than Harry. He'll find you before you even make it halfway through, trust me".

I nod at Niall's words and then he closes the tent door, leaving me alone in Harry's lamp-lit tent. I look over at his bed where the sheets and blankets are scattered everywhere and shake my head.
I can't wait to be back in my own bed back home.
I make my way over to the mirror in the tent and watch myself one last time in this slinky black dress, grabbing the material at the bottom with my fingers. I certainly can wait to get back into those awful corsets and tight dresses my Mother always insisted on me wearing. That is something that I do appreciate about this gang. There has never been any stress on what I am supposed to wear, how I am supposed to present myself etc.
I can just be me, and no one has made comment. Of course besides Harry's reoccurring snide and crude comments about my figure.

What if Ethan takes me to see my father tonight?
Should I leave a note in case I don't return?
Is Niall telling the truth about Harry being able to find me even if I ran away and hid in the woods?
Can I trust Ethan?

I pull myself from my thoughts when I feel goosebumps rise on my skin and find myself nervously nibbling on my finger nails.

I decide to move over to Harry's dresser and open the drawers until I find something warmer to throw over the top of my dress.
I find a dark flannel shirt and balance as I slip my arms through it. Sighing, I look towards the door. I grab a lantern off the top of Harry's dressers and then make my way to the door.
It's time.

I slip out of the tent and look around; No one is to be seen. Perhaps everyone is in their tents nice and early for bed? I've never known what the time is around here so I can never tell when Harry's men usually go to sleep, but before I can waste any more time I am hobbling through the back of the tents to get to the very back of the meal tent.

I have to be careful not to trip, I'm already bummed up enough with my ankle.

I quickly hide the lantern behind my back and slide up against the back of a tent when I hear deep voices nearing closer. They seem to go past me and when I can't hear them anymore, I begin to move slowly again in the same direction.
Once I am finally at the meal tent, I slip around the side of it and bend down underneath a small tree to finally reach the back. I move my lantern around to see if I can see Ethan but no one is around so I decide to sit down on a tree stump and wait. Maybe I'm early.
Or maybe he's not coming.
...

Atleast five minutes passes of me poking the dirt with one of my crutches and I almost have a heart attack when I hear a stick crack nearby.
My eyes squint as I see a dark figure come into view and they relax when I see Ethan finally arriving.

"I thought you weren't going to show up" My voice is soft as I speak. I'm cautious around him but have the highest hopes for what he knows and what he's willing to share with me.

"I told you I would, didn't I? How's my Melly?"
...Melly? When he gets closer I get a gush of wind in my face and his smell comes along with it; alcohol. He edges closer to me and the lantern light engulfs his body, revealing blood shot eyes and a brown bottle in his hand.
He's drunk.

I take a steady breath before speaking, "Ethan, you mentioned that you had information on my father? I need to know everything. You don't know how desperate I am to get ho-"

"Shhhh" Ethan reaches out and places his finger on my lips and I instantly pull my head away from his hand.

"What are you-" 

"Shhhh, stop talking. Your Father has a base not far from here, about a three hour walk with no breaks. I don't have horses so we'll have to go on foot" he hiccups and then pulls his bottle to his lips, taking another sip.

A three hour walk? Ethan is blind drunk and I struggle walking as it is with my crutches.

"I'm not sure I can walk for three hours" I say, and gesture to my wrapped up ankle.

"Oh shit! Would ya look at that. How'd that happen? You'll be right you've got crutches anyway. We'll get there in no time" Ethan's rushed words are making me uneasy, but what choice do I have? He had a note from my Father. It was his handwriting. How else would he have that unless he was dealing with my Father and his men in some way?

"Are you able to walk? You promise you know the way? Maybe we should wait until another time" I say.
Ethan edges closer to me and bends down so that he is face to face with me.

"Sweet heart, I know these trees better than anyone in this fucking gang. I just came from there actually, I know the way and there is no better time than right now. I promise" His breath is repulsive as he speaks every syllable  and when he mentions knowing the trees, my mind takes me to Harry and Niall's words repeat in my mind.

"Okay" I agree, "Let's go then".

"I knew you'd be a good girl" Ethan smiles a toothy grin and steadies himself before holding his hand out for me to take. I take it and he slowly but surely pulls me to my feet and I manage to hook my crutches under my arms.

Ethan sculls the last of his bottle and throws it on the grass, flicking his head to encourage me to follow him.
Once we make it out from behind the tent he places his finger over his mouth once again to tell me to keep quiet and we start creeping past the tents.

Once we make it past all the tents and out into open grass I whisper, "Won't there be Harry's men guarding all perimeters of this camp?"

Ethan chuckles softly and rolls his eyes, now placing his hand on my lower back, "I've already taken care of the only one guarding the way we need to go. Not to worry princess".

"Taken care of?" I whisper, "what do you mean by that?"

"Shh. Do you want to see your Dad or not?"Ethan applies pressure to my lower back, I'm assuming in a way to get me to keep moving so I just decide to shut up and continue on.

As I'm walking as fast as my crutches allow, I hear a deep but soft moan from behind me and I turn to see Ethan raking his eyes all over me with his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Fuck you look sexy" he grumbles, and my heartbeat instantly starts to increase, "How could you wear something like that when we have such a long journey ahead of us? Making me feel all sorts of things".

I let out an uncomfortable laugh, "oh, thanks Ethan. Harry made me wear this out for dinner with him earlier. Shouldn't we keep going?"

"Fuck Harry, piece of shit doesn't know how to run a gang let alone woo a pretty lady such as yourself. Where is he now, hmmm? He could be peeling that fabric off you but instead he's gone off to do 'business' like the boring flog that he is" Ethan laughs like he's just told the funniest joke but I just stand there awkwardly and uncomfortably.

"I guess I can wait" Ethan winks at me and I swallow the spit in my throat, "We can always make a stop up against one of the many trees in this forest. No need to be rushing things".

"Actually" I pipe up, "Maybe we should leave this for tonight. I'm getting quite tired and I didn't realise we'd be travelling for three hours so my ankle is already starting to throb a bit".

"No, we can't stop. You can't take this away from me, this is the only way you'll get to see your Dad. He misses you, he told me this morning actually. I told him I'd bring you back to him" Ethan grabs my upper arm and shakes it a little, "we need to keep going before somebody-" 

Out of nowhere there is a loud bang and Ethan yells out in pain and falls to the ground. My mouth opens in shock and I spin to see about ten figures approaching us.

Not thinking twice, I start hopping on one foot as fast as I can with my crutches towards the trees. I hear yelling behind me but pay no mind as the adrenaline pumping in my ears is too much sound as it is.

As soon as I make it into the woods I don't stop moving, and just as I'm starting to feel a sense of relief and security hidden in the darkness, one of my crutches gets stuck in a log and I tumble to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

I squint as I see a light being shone in my eyes and let out a heavy, exaggerated and defeated sigh. I'm done for.
I feel someone lift me up and then I get thrown over a shoulder and carried back the way I just ran from. I don't fight back though, what's the point? Things can't get any worse than what they are right now...Right?

I get released off the shoulder, down onto the ground and let out an "oof" as my butt hits the grass. I instantly look up to see Harry's men all standing in a circle around me, and right in the middle of the circle is Ethan on the ground, groaning in pain, and Harry towering over him.

"You shot him?" I call out to Harry. Was that really necessary?

"Will someone please answer her?" Harry groans out angrily and Niall quickly runs over to me, hands in his pockets.

"It'a just a flesh wound, barely grazed the bone. Had to do something to get him down" Niall explains calmly. I look at him in shock, then my eyes go back to Harry as Niall walks back to his spot in the circle.

"Now, what do we do with pieces of shit like this?!" Harry yells, and I watch in shock as he throws a punch into Ethan's face.

My heart beats in my chest loudly, so loudly that I don't hear the yelling responses of Harry's men. All I can hear is my shallow breathing as I watch Harry throw punch after punch into Ethan.
I can't take my shocked eyes off Harry. I watch as his hair falls into his frowning, angry eyes. I watch his shirt stretch as his muscles move with every blow he delivers with his fists.
I watch the blood on his knuckles and the blood on Ethan, and that's when I snap back into reality.

"Stop!" I yell. Why? Not because I think Ethan doesn't deserve it. Not because it's not what's right, but because I can see how limp Ethan's body has become, and at the rate Harry's going, Ethan won't survive a few more blows.
I will witness a murder, and that is not something that I am prepared to see right now.

"Stop it!" I repeat, and scramble to my feet. My ankle is throbbing but that doesn't stop me from limping over to the middle of the circle and shoving Harry with all my might.
Harry releases Ethan from his bloody grasp and drops him to the ground, spinning around so fast that I stumble back a bit.

"Stop" I repeat.

"Stop?" Harry seethes in my face. "Does he deserve any less?!" He yells out and I hear the cheers of his men around us as I flinch.

"I heard the things this pig was saying to you; Every disgusting word. Why would you not want this?!" Harry growls lowly and then raises his voice again, "Ethan is a traitor! He has proven to us where his loyalty lies and this was the last string! We will have our revenge on anyone that crosses us! Anyone that mocks our strength and ability to conquer! We will teach them a lesson so that they will never come across us again", Harry turns to me once more,
"And Melody, he will learn".

Harry then spits on the ground and kicks Ethan's barely-moving body with his boot. He turns to walk back to the camp and then calls over his shoulder,
"Someone grab her and bring her to my tent. Now".

____________________________

HEY GUYS!!! What's it been? Bloody ONE WHOLE YEAR OR SO THAT I HAVENT UPDATED?!
How crazy! I've seen all your comments, I know it has seemed like I've given up on this book but TRUST ME, I haven't!
I have so many plans for this book I just feel like maybe I was stuck in a MASSIVE writers block hole for AGES. I knew what I wanted to do, but getting to where I wanted was what I struggled with. But I found some inspiration today to finish this chapter!
And I hope it's long enough for you all to keep you satisfied for a little while 🥰
Tell me what you think! Would love to hear feedback after so long!
Till next update, BYEEEEEE XXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 1.9K 26
Eliza wasn't exactly your normal girl. With a dark past that haunts her the last thing she wanted was to be kidnapped by the countries most well know...
240 13 9
She is like a princess. She has always been sheltered by guards and her own family, privileged and somewhat shielded from the outside. But when she d...
19.3K 649 39
Everybody's got a dark side. Bentlie is on the run from her abusive ex. Her unexpected circumstances lead her right to Harry & his biker gang. Left...
27.4M 619K 106
BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain that's slapping repetitively against the...