The Runt & The Alpha

By WaattyAriiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Altho... More

‼️Author's Note‼️
• Cast List •
• Cast List 2 •
Chapter 1- Layla Anderson.
Chapter 2- Landon Carter.
Chapter 3- Mate.
Chapter 4- Mine.
Chapter 5- Doctor.
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.
Chapter 7- My Room.
Chapter 8- She's Perfect.
Chapter 9- Layla's Past.
Chapter 10- Her Battle's.
Chapter 11- Moon Goddess.
Chapter 12- Landon's Time.
Chapter 13- You're okay.
Chapter 14- His Office.
Chapter 15- Sara.
Chapter 16- Luna.
Chapter 17- Too Late.
Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.
Chapter 20- Bad person.
Chapter 21- Storm & Pain.
Chapter 22- Blurred Emotions.
Chapter 23- Zach.
Chapter 24- The talk.
Chapter 25- Thank You.
Chapter 26- Happy.
Chapter 27- Me.
Chapter 28- More.
Chapter 29- It's Okay.
Chapter 30- Animal Farm.
Chapter 31- William.
Chapter 32- I Knew It.
Chapter 33- Say It Again.
Chapter 34- Brad.
Chapter 35- I Did It.
Chapter 36- Then Don't.
Chapter 37- You're My First.
‼️Announcement‼️
Chapter 38- I Want Her.
Chapter 39- Layla's Day Out.
Chapter 40- Unexpected Events.
Chapter 41- Love.
Chapter 42- Forever.
Chapter 43- The Luna.
Chapter 44- In Love.
Chapter 45- Escaped Rouges.
Chapter 46- Anderson.
Chapter 47- Family.
Chapter 48- Ceremony.
Chapter 49- Home.
Chapter 50- Alpa & Luna.
Chapter 51- A Good Day.
Chapter 52- Grey Wolf.
Chapter 53- Chester.
Chapter 54- Sincerely.
Chapter 55- Stressed.
Chapter 56- Saved.
Chapter 57- Kade.
Chapter 58- Agony.
Chapter 59- Never Again.
Chapter 60- Consequences.
Chapter 61- Hold Me.
Chapter 62- Anger.
Chapter 63- Calm.
Chapter 64- Announcements.
Chapter 65- Merry Christmas.
Chapter 66- Storm.
Chapter 67- Hope.
Chapter 68- Him.
Chapter 69- My Angel.
Chapter 70- Time.
Chapter 71- Pups.
Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.
Chapter 73- Planning & Tradition.
Chapter 74- Layla Carter.
Official Goodbye.
HELLO :)

Chapter 19- Mia.

112K 2.7K 185
By WaattyAriiaa

Layla's pov

The sound of birds was the first thing that caught my hearing before Mia obnoxiously trying to wake me up. Every morning she'd sing different songs to lighten my mood right now it was just-

Wait, Mia?

'Um, yes?' The voice was definitely her, she sounded just as angelic as I remembered and unsure for a second.

'You can hear me?' her voice was loud, my eyes widening in surprise.

I tried to sit up but, Landon's arm around my waist prevented me. Slowly and nervously my hand touched his forearm trailing up, his arm flexing under my touch, causing a little smile to etch onto my face. Sparks shot throughout my hand as I moved his arm off of my waist, that instantly gripped me tighter. I tensed, looking up at his eyes that had snapped open to meet mine.

Once they met mine though they softened, "Sorry." he stated, his eyebrows drew together and he withdrew his arm from my waist.

Landon and I were in his room we had to be, his scent was everywhere. I must have fallen asleep and he carried me to his room. Once he started to retreat his arm away from me I grabbed onto it before he could. Slowly I started to trail my finger over his veins softly then over to his fingers as I examined how tiny my hand was compared to his. As I did so I could feel his gaze burning the side of my face.

'Hello!' The same voice rang in my head, I sat up in the bed, dropping Landon's hand in the process.

'Mia?' I asked, in a curious voice drowning out Landon's concerned calls for me.

'Yes, yes Layla it's me, oh my god, how in the world can you hear me?' she all but, shouted, I felt my eyes water from actually getting confirmation that it was in fact her voice.

'I-I don't know.' I replied, feeling a tear slide down my cheek as I was lost in a trance.

'I've always been here, ever since that day but, you couldn't hear me.' she stated, while my eyebrows came together in confusion.

Mia was always here, how could that be. Why am I hearing her now?

"Layla answer me!" Landon's scent filled my senses and I was brought out of the mind link with Mia.

When my eyes met his I noticed how his grip on my arms tightened, he sighed and moved them up to cup my cheeks. The concern swirling in his hazel eyes was evident as he stared down at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked gently, his thumb wiping away the tear.

My cheeks felt warm as I noticed we were in fact in his room. Though I couldn't stop myself from smiling up at him.

"Mia is back." I said quickly, "Well she's always been here, I guess." I muttered in confusion, Mia was quite literally bouncing around in my head.

'This is amazing, holy shit! I missed you, wow, this is amazing.' My smile only grew as her words filled my heart with what they always did, hope.

"She is?" Landon asked, urgently his eyes suddenly swirling with colors, his right hand burying deep inside my hair.

My heart was beating so fast I'm surprised he couldn't hear it, unless he could. Other than that the sparks I felt seemed more electric, like our bond had gotten stronger somehow. The only explanation I could think of was, Mia, it's never felt like this between us before. Sure, there was sparks but, now it was induced like a shock without the pain, only pleasure.

"U-uhm, yes." I whispered out, feeling lost in his stare, his eye color officially settling on black.

That very intense gaze moved to my lips before they met my eyes again, "Can I kiss you again, baby?" he asked, with a gentle tone while I sucked in a breathe of air.

It amazed me at how different yet the same Jake and Landon were. Yesterday Landon didn't ask he just did, even though that would be a move Jake would pull. I nodded slowly and that seemed to be all it took before he smashed his lips onto mine. Also as if planned Mia pushed herself forward and all I could do was watch as I wasn't in control any longer. Mia seemed to completely fall apart at his touch, Jake pulling her closer sensing it was her.

They ravished each other as if it was the last time, eventually Landon broke the kiss his eyes changing back causing Mia to release a whimper to my surprise. Mia seemed to have wanted more and was saddened by Jake leaving. The thing was she was strong willed for the both of us for the most part. Come to think of it, was that her when Landon was trying to feed me.

'I was having a bad day!' she yelled at me, while I noticed I was in control again, blinking once I seen Landon's smirk.

My cheeks flushed as I realized Mia whimpered before Jake left, thanks a lot Mia!

"I um-" My eyes met the blanket nervously.

"You are adorable." I heard him whisper, his hand pushing some of my obsidian hair behind my ear.

At this my cheeks seemed to only heat up more as I felt my palms become sweaty. I was anything but, that statement. Just him saying it though made me want to hide my face before he said anything else that turned it a shade darker. Then suddenly a door opening downstairs was heard. Both Landon and I turned at the sound, then he got up from the bed as I watched him, anxiously.

Not wasting a second he came over to me, kissing my forehead tenderly, "I'll be right back, that door over there is the bathroom, you can use whatever you want." he smiled down at me before I watched him retreat out of the room.

A small smile came onto my face as I slowly got out of his bed, noticing the black and grey sheets. Just like mostly everything in his room, from his desk, carpet, even a small couch that was placed in the far end of his room. I looked around, coming across a picture of him and his mother on his nightstand, there was also a man I honestly couldn't recognize.

"That's my dad." I looked up to meet Landon's hardened gaze that I didn't like, settled on the frame in my hand.

I could only nod my head, what happened to him?

Without skipping a beat he started walking over to me, "When I was ten, he was attacked by a group of rogues, he died." Pain was laced in his tone when he spoke and I just knew he didn't talk about his dad much.

The image of Landon being this ruthless notorious alpha was just that, an image. I believed that image myself but, seeing Landon, being around Landon. These past couple of days has showed me, that he is no different, he still hurts just like everyone. But, now the thought of him being hurt, hurt me as well. Once he stopped in front of me he gently took the picture from my hand and stared at it.

While I stared at him, his eyes held sadness and I would know sadness anywhere. Cautiously I brought my hands up to his face, cupping it like he does with me. We locked eyes and he seemed to stare at me with an emotion I couldn't decipher. My hands felt warm on his face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, giving him a comforting smile, surprising myself.

One of his arms slid around to my back and pulled me into his chest, I yelped in surprise and fear, "Shh shh, it's okay." In that time he managed to put the photo back down as his other hand came to my cheek, reassuringly.

Then he leaned in, kissing me sweetly, his lips were soft yet strong against mine. Sending an electric sensation on my lips. Managing a whimper to be released from me in the process, my hands that were once cupping his face seemed to ache to bring him closer. Only I was scared, this was all so new to me.

The kiss was broken shortly leaving me breathless as all that was heard, was our breathing. My eyes were still closed from how nervous I was in this moment.

Yes, I was right, such a level up from his hugs.

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone,

I finally finished this chapter so sorry for the wait, I've just been busy plus writers block is a bitchhhhh but, don't worry next chapter is going to be juicy to make up for the long wait ;) Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Mia is back & you got to know what happened to Landon's father.

Will Landon open up more about his past?

Who was at the door?

How do you feel about Mia being back? Plus how is she back?

Thank you so much for reading this book, I hope you all have a good day/night/afternoon ily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619K 15.9K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
172K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
10.6K 292 25
It was cold. So cold. My skin and body was numb, I shivered. My skin was purple, the once puddles on my floor almost like a pool. My cell was complet...