The Runt & The Alpha

By WaattyAriiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Altho... More

‼️Author's Note‼️
• Cast List •
• Cast List 2 •
Chapter 1- Layla Anderson.
Chapter 2- Landon Carter.
Chapter 3- Mate.
Chapter 4- Mine.
Chapter 5- Doctor.
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.
Chapter 7- My Room.
Chapter 8- She's Perfect.
Chapter 9- Layla's Past.
Chapter 10- Her Battle's.
Chapter 11- Moon Goddess.
Chapter 12- Landon's Time.
Chapter 13- You're okay.
Chapter 14- His Office.
Chapter 15- Sara.
Chapter 16- Luna.
Chapter 17- Too Late.
Chapter 19- Mia.
Chapter 20- Bad person.
Chapter 21- Storm & Pain.
Chapter 22- Blurred Emotions.
Chapter 23- Zach.
Chapter 24- The talk.
Chapter 25- Thank You.
Chapter 26- Happy.
Chapter 27- Me.
Chapter 28- More.
Chapter 29- It's Okay.
Chapter 30- Animal Farm.
Chapter 31- William.
Chapter 32- I Knew It.
Chapter 33- Say It Again.
Chapter 34- Brad.
Chapter 35- I Did It.
Chapter 36- Then Don't.
Chapter 37- You're My First.
‼️Announcement‼️
Chapter 38- I Want Her.
Chapter 39- Layla's Day Out.
Chapter 40- Unexpected Events.
Chapter 41- Love.
Chapter 42- Forever.
Chapter 43- The Luna.
Chapter 44- In Love.
Chapter 45- Escaped Rouges.
Chapter 46- Anderson.
Chapter 47- Family.
Chapter 48- Ceremony.
Chapter 49- Home.
Chapter 50- Alpa & Luna.
Chapter 51- A Good Day.
Chapter 52- Grey Wolf.
Chapter 53- Chester.
Chapter 54- Sincerely.
Chapter 55- Stressed.
Chapter 56- Saved.
Chapter 57- Kade.
Chapter 58- Agony.
Chapter 59- Never Again.
Chapter 60- Consequences.
Chapter 61- Hold Me.
Chapter 62- Anger.
Chapter 63- Calm.
Chapter 64- Announcements.
Chapter 65- Merry Christmas.
Chapter 66- Storm.
Chapter 67- Hope.
Chapter 68- Him.
Chapter 69- My Angel.
Chapter 70- Time.
Chapter 71- Pups.
Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.
Chapter 73- Planning & Tradition.
Chapter 74- Layla Carter.
Official Goodbye.
HELLO :)

Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.

111K 2.8K 332
By WaattyAriiaa

Layla's pov

"Here, my love." A plate of food was placed in front of me while I stared at it.

I couldn't even think straight, let alone eat. That was my first kiss, with my mate who wants me or at least claims that he does.

"Layla.." his voice drifted to my ears as I seen him holding a spoon filled with some food from the plate in front of me, "Will you eat for me?"

"Yes because, I'm hungry not because, you asked."

My eyebrows scrunched up as I grew incredibly confused from the voice I just heard. I couldn't think much of it since I seen Landon wearing the same expression.

Had he heard it too?

Before we could even speak, an older women's voice was heard from upstairs, "Landon, is that you?" her tone was soft and gentle.

My curious eyes met his that were already looking in the direction of the voice. Soon his eyes met mine and he put the fork of food down, holding his finger up signaling to give him a second. As I watched his back retreat from the kitchen I frowned in confusion.

Who was that?

After our kiss, I was a blushing mess more so surprised. This was all so new to me and I just didn't want to do anything to make Landon disgusted by me. People have been disgusted by me since my parents left, I just didn't want the one person, who's supposed to care about me to be disgusted of me. He had moved me back to my seat so he could cook me dinner while I watched in complete silence. Every now and then he'd glance up to meet my eyes while I looked away quickly.

Now the meatloaf was finished along with smashed potatoes and I couldn't stop the growl that left my stomach at the sight. Without a second thought I started to devour the food at a fast pace. The food tasted amazing, even more so knowing he cooked it for me. I started to hear footsteps coming back to the kitchen so I slowed my pace down, not wanting to seem like a starved animal. When I looked up I seen, Landon helping an older woman who looked a lot like him, in the kitchen.

If I'm not mistaken I think this is his mother, her hair was brown with the exception of grey hairs. Plus her eyes were a golden brown showing just where Landon got his eye color from. Her hands were around Landon's forearm as they walked in, my head instantly snapping down. It was rude to stare, plus if this was his mother, I was so not ready for the meet your mother thing. Another thing was, would she even approve of me.

It was a couple seconds before my head was lifted to meet Landon's eyes, "What'd I tell you earlier?" his tone was serious as he seemed irritated but, not by me but, by my gesture.

I had the urge to say sorry but, remembered he didn't like that much either, "Um, t-that you didn't like w-when I looked down." I whispered out, feeling a weird feeling in my stomach at his gaze.

A moment of silence passed before a small smile graced his face, his thumb caressing the side of my cheek gently, "Thank you for eating."

Soon a smile made it's way onto my face as both of us stared at one another. It seemed like a never ending staring battle while we tried to remember every feature of one another.

"Ahem." The clearing of a throat broke us from our stare, as we both turned our heads towards the woman who was now sitting at the table.

"Sorry, mom." Landon's answer confirmed my suspicion and now I was just a nervous wreck, "Layla,  this is my mom, Audrey, mom this is Layla Anderson-"

He never got to finish before she finished for him, "Your mate." she smiled brightly and right then and there, I knew Landon definitely took after his mom more in features.

I couldn't also help but, think of my mom her name was Aubrey, so close to Audrey which was weird. We were definitely mates. My mom, I wish she was here but, then again I don't, I shouldn't.

Suddenly I remembered where I was and who I was with and I found my voice to speak, "U-uh hi." My voice came out smaller than I meant it to be making me, inwardly panic.

"Well, I hope you haven't finished eating, maybe we could eat together." her voice was gentle when she spoke to me and she seemed nice, though I still seemed in my shell.

I was about to answer when she continued, "And I guess Landon could join too." she said in a humorous tone, lightly laughing as my eyes glanced up to meet his rolling eyes, with a smile on his face.

Without being able to stop myself, a small laugh escaped from me. Then my head was turned to the side in a quick manner to meet Landon's wondering eyes. Like he missed something important and seemed to be waiting for it again. All I knew was that, I was definitely blushing from his stare.

"With you in the kitchen I don't think I'll ever get my dinner." her voice broke his stare on me as he quickly rounded the counter to make her a plate.

The way she said it, was so humorous making me blush more. This was a definite big change from a regular day for me. Soon he had made her and him a plate and we sat down to eat together. When we ate they chatted, while I stood quite through most of it, rarely talking.

Which I don't think sat well with Landon.

"How about this one?" his hand slipped onto my thigh, making me gasp from sparks that seemed to shoot through my leg.

My cheeks flushed at my reaction and I dreaded looking up to meet his eyes. What was wrong with me, could I not control myself. A chuckle was heard beside me and I couldn't help but, look, his head was tilted back, a grin on his face, showcasing his perfect teeth. This made me anxious, did I seem weird to him.

In an instant my chin was turned to meet his now intense gaze, "I find it cute, how you're so nervous around me." he whispered, my cheeks flushing as I looked down again, against his grip.

After dinner I still couldn't tell if Landon's mother liked me or not. I'd vote for not, and I wouldn't be surprised. Landon took her back upstairs afterwards, she looked ill, well to me, someone who's been ill multiple times. Overall she seemed sweet and I hope she got over whatever it is that has her feeling ill. She seemed to sweet to be suffering.

Once she was upstairs, Landon decided we could watch a movie so I agreed. I noticed I couldn't find anything to talk about with him. What should I ask, should I even ask him things. My social skills were that of a rock. Not to mention this mate bond just got a whole lot stronger considering we kissed already.

Something I couldn't stop thinking about.

When I looked up he was smiling as he flipped through the movies on the tv. As he scrolled through the movies I seen, The Great Gatsby. I'd never actually watched the movie, I didn't have a tv in my room after all so I needed to watch it. Landon was right next to me on the couch, so I nervously tapped his shoulder, he turned to look at me.

"U-uhm could we watch t-that one." I asked, pointing to the one at the very top. 

His eyes followed my movement then connected his eyes with mine, "Whatever you want, Layla." he spoke softly as he stared at me until I broke it to look at the screen.

The lingering of his eyes was still burning against my face, I bit my lip nervously. Not even a second later a low growl was heard from Landon until his gaze was gone and he clicked on the movie. I was pulled into him and he laid my head on his chest, my heart beat increasing.

Well, hello Jake.

~~~~~

I am so sorry for that long waittt I got a little writers block,, but here it is and I hope you all enjoyed it!!!

Do you think Landon's mom likes Layla?

Who do you think that voice was?

Who's your favorite out of Jake and Landon?

Vote and comment on parts you like or just have an opinion on ily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 54.4K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...
400K 9.6K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
16.7K 610 10
Alpha Zachary Harrison rules the most feared pack, the Black Knight. He is ruthless, merciless, and cruel. No one dares to disrespect the Alpha. Most...
304 41 14
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...