GANG // H.S

By smemilyemily

In a setting where the past meets the future, technology and way of living has completely destroyed the world... More

Prologue
DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
PLEASE READ- NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 16

1.3K 62 18
By smemilyemily

I hobble out of Harry's tent once I'm all changed as quickly as I possibly can go. I think in that whole time that woman helped me change I got three vital pieces of information out of her. Three. Her name was Joan, she was 46 and she did not like me. Is that me just guessing? No, the lovely woman told me herself.

I've never had to use crutches before but I've seen people use them before. Although having an idea of how they work I am slightly frustrated that Harry is nowhere to be seen.

"Bummed yourself up pretty bad hey?" A familiar Irish accent approaches me from behind and I rotate my body around to be greeted by a guilty face. "I'm sorry that happened to you" He apologises.

"Why would you apologise? It wasn't your fault" I say.

"Well..." he pauses for a moment before clearing his throat, "You could have died if Harry didn't save you himself... you see, I think I was just in shock and as much as it makes me feel guilty, I barely moved a muscle when Harry was trying to resuscitate you. I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me. But it has eaten me up inside ever since and I've been waiting for you to finally come out of Harry's tent so I could apologise. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you I'd love to... though there doesn't seem to be anything that is even remotely close to being worthy of your forgiveness". His eyes look glassy and I am left in shock. Not because Niall didn't help me when I needed it but because of how raw and open he's being with me.
You wouldn't expect in your wildest dreams for gang members of the most dangerous gang around to be respectful or caring in the slightest, but here I am discovering more and more rarities every day that I am here.

While looking at his guilt ridden face I come up with an idea. "Niall, would you be willing to do anything if it meant making it up to me?"

He smiles a small smile, "of course! What would you want done?"

I hesitate before responding, "I need you to see Ethan and I need you to give him a message for me when you do".

Niall chuckles before looking seriously at me, "I'm not sure... He doesn't even reside in this camp anymore so I'm not sure how I would get ahold of him but if it means you forgiving me for my selfish act then sure, I'll try my best. What's the message?"

"I need you to tell him to meet me by the horses tonight at 11pm; I need to see him. Oh and..." I consider not asking him this just incase it causes suspicion but go ahead anyway, "When I do go to meet up with him could you in any way distract Harry? Oh and keep all this to yourself?"

Niall looks concerned and I instantly start to panic at what his response will be like. "I'm not sure... I didn't know you two were an item" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I inwardly gag. It's not like that, Niall.
"Can't say I support the two of you though... there's something off about him that I can't put my finger on. Ah well, each to their own I suppose" He's chuckling now and I just shake my head, faking a smile. It's definitely not like that.

Niall's voice pipes up again, "If Harry finds out I kept something from him regarding you, he would have my balls" His voice is now in a soft whisper.

"He doesn't have to know. Please? It would really mean the world to me and make up for any guilt you're feeling. I will completely forgive you if you do this for me!" I sound desperate and to be honest, I really don't care. Am I deceiving probably the most kindest person I've met in this gang? ...Yes. But what will it matter once I'm back home and everything goes back to normal? I can forget about all of these men and I can focus on moving forward with my family; people who truly care about me and my well being.

Niall's eyebrows furrow together in thought before he finally sighs deeply, "Fine! But if you get caught then I didn't know anything about it, alright?"

My eyes light up and I excitedly squeal, going to jump but then feeling the crutches under my arms. Ugh, nevermind.

"What's all the excitement about?" Harry's deep voice behind me causes Niall and I to both flinch. It's pretty frightening that Harry has that effect on people.

When both Niall and I don't say anything,  Harry chuckles. No doubt it's out of spite; it doesn't sound very genuine.

"No more chatty chatty? Aw come on, you were both so talkative before I entered the conversation!" Harry smirks as he looks between Niall and I but when we don't reply his smirk drops and he glares at me.

"Oh I'm sorry, maybe you didn't hear me Melody; but when I ask a question I expect to be answered. So I'm going to ask one last time...What's. So. Exciting?" Harry takes a lengthy step towards me and my stomach knots up, unsure of what to do or say.
Part of me imagines lifting one of my crutches up and beating him over the head with it and making a run for it best I can into the bush. With my luck though and my messed up ankle, I doubt that would go well.

My eyes shift away from his stern ones and I stutter, "I... well-"

"I told her that when her ankle heals I'll teach her how to fire a gun" Niall interjects and I let out a relieved breath I didn't realise I was holding.

Harry looks to Niall and then back at me, reaching out and grabbing my chin and pulling it upwards so that I am forced to keep eye contact with him. I gasp at the sudden and unexpected contact but thankfully it's not painful.
"Is that true Melody? That's what you're truly excited for?" He's testing me, for sure. I'm worried that he knows something that he's not supposed to but to keep a low profile I slowly nod my head.

"Yes. I've always been curious and Niall promised me as soon as I'm up and moving around fine that he would teach me!" My slow nod has now developed into an eager nod and Harry frowns, clearly looking dissatisfied with my answer.

"Right..." he releases my chin from his grasp and then turns to Niall. "You can leave now. Melody and I have some business to attend to".

Niall nods and then looks to me and gives me a small nod also as if to confirm our plans for tonight. I smile at him slightly and then he turns on his heel, walking away. I turn again to be met with Harry's cold stare and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I press.

"Are you really that excited about learning the ways of a gun? It's a little hard to believe. They're extremely dangerous, sweetheart" Harry begins to walk away and flicks his head in the direction he's headed in a non-verbal way of telling me to follow him.

"Is it really that hard to believe that I could be interested in something so dangerous? Maybe I'm more daring than you think!" I defend myself even though knowing I'm defending a blatant lie.
I hop along behind him with my crutches and he stops abruptly out the front of a tent before turning around to face me.

"More daring that I think? No doubt you're daring... How else did you earn that sprained ankle?" Harry's mouth turns upwards into a smirk and somehow he rotates our bodies so that my back is now facing the tent wall.
He steps closer towards me, naturally causing me to want to back up but my back hits the wall and I wobble slightly on my crutches. What is he doing?

"You know Melody, there are much more exciting things that this camp offers... I could show you how to tie someone up... It really does come in handy in more ways than one..." He reaches out and swiftly snatches one of my crutches from me, tossing it to the ground a few meters away.

"Hey! What are you-"

"I could... teach you the oh so fine art of pick-pocketing" He takes another step closer to me and is now sandwiching me between his body and the tent. A gasp leaves my lips as he rips the second crutch from under my arm and tosses it away like the first one. I reach out and grab onto Harry's shoulder to steady myself and look up through my hair to see him smirking at me. He presses his groin into mine and then clasps his hand around my wrist, raising it above my head and holding me in place as he reaches into his pocket with his spare hand. Why can't I speak? It's like I'm glued here and my lips are sealed shut. I want to push him off me; I want to tell him off... But I cant. I'm stuck.

My eyes widen when he pulls out a pocket knife and flicks it open. My breath becomes ragged and my eyes flutter closed when he runs the side of the knife along my jaw and I feel his warm breath on my ear before he speaks lowly, "I could teach you all about knives... How sharp they are... How to" He pauses to poke the tip of the knife into my neck a little and I wince, "Hurt someone with them".

Finally, the words make it out of my mouth and although they sound raspy, weak and cracked, I manage them. "Alright, Alright! What are you trying to prove?!"

Harry flicks the knife closed and throws it to the ground also while keeping my body still in place with his body. The hand that isn't holding my wrist above my head runs down my hair and then rests on my cheek, holding me in place and looking at me sternly.

"You really think I believe that story about you wanting to learn how to shoot a gun?" He speaks softly yet his words have some sort of promising threat behind them. "I know that you're hiding something Melody... I can see it in your eyes. You either tell me now what you're up to or somebody pays. That could be someone you know... One of your Father's men... Oh! maybe even Niall?" I gasp at his mention of Niall... He wouldn't, would he? "Or quite easily... I could just make you pay. Trust me Melody, you do not want that".

Tears threaten to fall as Harry's dark eyes search my face but I hold them back, swallowing hard and staring him in the eye.

"I'm up to nothing. I genuinely want to learn how to shoot a gun. I swear".

Harry runs his tongue over his lips and grinds his teeth out of frustration. "Fine. Have it your way" He huffs. "Though, mark my words... If I find out about anything else you're scheming against me then I'll make you pay in ways you can't even imagine". His body pulls off me and I try my best to balance on one foot while he picks up his knife and the crutches that he threw. Expecting him to pass my crutches to me, he does the opposite and drops them about a meter away from me then looks up at me with a devilish smirk,

"Whoops, I'm sorry. Guess you're going to have to pick them up".

I watch in disbelief as he steps backwards and crosses his arms across his chest, raising his eyebrows at me.

I huff, glaring at him as I manage to hop to the crutches resting in the dirt. I hear Harry chuckling and shake my head as I bend down slowly and steadily to pick them up. Overall I'm pretty proud of myself once I'm up on my feet again; It's not easy to bend down while you're trying to balance at the same time.

"What are we doing today?" I ask Harry once I hobble over to him. His face looks dissatisfied and I smile slightly, knowing my confidence and perseverance has thrown his cocky attitude out.

"We" He smiles sarcastically, "Are not doing anything. I, however, have some matters to tend to. You will spend the day in the kitchen helping the girls out in there any way you can. Understandably with your ankle in tough condition you will be needing to rest it, so come" He flicks his head in the direction of the other side of camp where I know the kitchen is.

"I'm sure we can find something for you to do".

I roll my eyes and slowly make my way behind him once more. As complicated as it is to walk with crutches behind Harry, I'm grateful that I am no longer being dragged by the arm throughout the camp as I normally would be. Perhaps I should hurt myself more often if it earns me half more of the respect I usually do. I quietly laugh at the thought and thankfully, Harry doesn't hear it as we arrive out the front of the kitchen. He rips the door open and I hear gasps throughout the kitchen by the women in there when he steps in, me following behind.

"Ladies" Harry greets them all and my eyes travel around the room as all the women politely nod and blush under the eye of Harry. Some younger girls are giggling quietly among themselves at the back and my eyes shift to Harry. I've never really thought about Harry and his effect on women around here... I suppose it's easy to forget that there really is women around here at all with all the men roaming around the camp all the time. Maybe these women are supposed to stay in the kitchen all day and then head straight to their own tents at lights out? I can't think of anything else they'd do as I've never seen a single woman bar myself roaming the camp. Not a very enjoyable existence if you ask me, Plus pretty sexist...

Come to think of it, I've never really thought of Harry with other women. I've always noticed how experienced he seems... You know, sexually... Through his behaviour. I've never really thought about the chances that he has probably been with some of the women in here until now seeing the effect he has on them by just entering the room. I doubt any of them would hesitate to undress in front of him. The very thought of it causes a small, embarrassed blush to creep up onto my cheeks and I shake my head as if to remind myself to snap out of it. Why am I such an inexperienced prude?

"As you all have probably seen, Melody has been in our camp for some time now" I divert my eyes as all the women look towards me, "And as you all have probably heard, and can see,  Melody seemed to have gotten herself into a bit of an accident and has severely hurt her ankle. I have sent her to work in here for the day as I have more urgent matters to attend to which don't concern her". I frown as Harry seems to be talking about me as if I am not in the room and right beside him. "I trust that you all will find work for her to do which won't be too hard on her but will keep her busy. Keep in mind that she needs to rest her foot as much as possible. Understood?"

All the women nod in response and another woman clears her throat, raising her hand to gain Harry's attention. My eyes run over her as she opens her mouth; she is quite beautiful. "May I speak with you for a moment? Privately?" she asks Harry.

"Make it quick" He flicks his head to the door and she places whatever she was using down on the bench and walks past me swiftly. When I try to move to let her past me her shoulder barges into mine and causes me to stumble a bit on my crutches. She doesn't seem to notice so maybe it was just and accident; it is pretty small in this doorway.

I stand at the doorway awkwardly as the women get back to whatever work they were doing and try to listen in on her and Harry's conversation just outside the door.

"Are you busy tonight?" I hear her voice. It's low but I can still hear it.

"I have a lot of business to deal with Cecilia, I don't have time for your attempts to seduce me" Harry's voice. Whoop, there it is. Proof that the gang leader is messing around with the women here. I suppose who can blame him though? She's extremely pretty and no doubt his type with her long brown hair and slim figure.

"Oh come on Harry... Your business can't keep you occupied forever and I'm sure you're just dying for a repeat of last time. You seem stressed baby, let me ease your mind tonight..." I cringe as I listen to her practical begs... I can't believe I'm listening to this.

"Come here" I hear Harry's voice, low and with a tone that doesn't seem familiar.

It goes silent for a few moments and I figure that they've started making out or something so I roll my eyes, slip away from the door and decide to walk up to the women who are working hard. Just as I am about to ask them what they would want me help with the door gets pulled open and in walks 'Cecilia' with Harry behind her. To my surprise, she storms past me and into what I'm assuming is the bathrooms out the back, slamming the door behind her. My eyes meet Harry's and he raises his eyebrows at me, a small smirk playing on his lips. What just happened?

"Girls, get Melody here to pull all of the utensils out of the drawers and wash them all individually then dry them all individually. Make sure she has a chair to sit on by the sink" He speaks loudly and I watch him skeptically as he walks over to me, placing a large hand on my shoulder.

"I have hundreds of men in this gang. You do the math Melody, that's a lot of washing up. Should keep you busy for the whole day I should say!" He smiles a sarcastic toothy smile and then pats me on the shoulder, turning on his heel.

"Oh and... Don't bother trying to sneak off or leave the kitchen. I'll have two of my men waiting at both the entrance and exit if you try to pull anything while I'm gone. Happy washing!" With that he leaves the kitchen and slams the door behind him, making me, and I'm sure all the other girls in here with me flinch.

I turn around and a few of the younger girls shrug at me apologetically, turning around and getting back to work.

The bathroom door bursts open and out comes Cecilia, walking straight towards me.

"Lovely to meet you, Melody. Here" She tosses a sponge and a tea towel at me and they fall to the ground , obviously because I wasn't expecting it and because I couldn't catch them whilst holding my crutches. She shakes her head whilst rolling her eyes and then walks over to a set of steel drawers, pulling each open and beckoning for me to come over.

"I trust you rich people learnt how to wash up in your big palaces so go ahead, start. You've got a long day ahead of you".

She places a new sponge and tea towel down in front of me on the bench and I look into the drawers, gasping. There has got to be over a thousand forks, knives, spoons and all other utensils you could ever think of... And I am being made to clean them all. Are they dirty? Not in the slightest; each silver piece is squeaky clean.

Once again I am left on the short end of Harry Styles' cold sense of humour and as I begin to fill the sink with hot water all I can think about is Harry's conversation with Cecilia and what he must have said to her to make her angry.

I don't know, all I know is that this day is going to drag on forever... And sadly, there is nothing I can do to protest or change it. Yay.

___________________________________________

Hey all!

What has everyone been thinking about this book lately? Please give me feedback and try and comment/ vote the best you can! I know it's hard to remember to vote but please just keep in mind that the more votes I receive the more motivation I have to write more amazing chapters for you guys! I also love to read your comments, especially your theories on what's going to happen in future chapters/ what different things mean and all your different senses of humour haha! 

Thank you all for taking the time to read my book! I enjoy writing it so much so please take the time to vote and comment whenever you can :) It would mean the world to me.

Till next update! Which should hopefully be soon! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 13 9
She is like a princess. She has always been sheltered by guards and her own family, privileged and somewhat shielded from the outside. But when she d...
329K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
2.6K 142 45
Harper Lee Richards is in New York City for a friends bachelorette party weekend trip. What was supposed to be a fun, carefree girls trip turned into...
19.3K 649 39
Everybody's got a dark side. Bentlie is on the run from her abusive ex. Her unexpected circumstances lead her right to Harry & his biker gang. Left...